Eleven.

Song for this chapter: Stitches - Shawn Mendes

I toss my pencil on the notebook and I get out of bed frustrated. I never got along with math, but now it just seems impossible. I can't understand anything. I've been trying to solve some equations for almost 2 hours, and all I can see now is numbers and pluses and minuses. I have a horrible headache and I'm really tried. But I can't give up. I hate doing that.

I walk downstairs holding on to the wall making sure I won't fall and stumbling my feet I walk towards Liz who is cooking dinner.

"Hi darling. Is everything alright?" she asks giving me her biggest and shiniest smile.

"It could've been better." I sigh and I take a seat at the kitchen island.

"What's wrong?"

I can see she is worried, which makes me smile. She cares. She really does. She is so toughtfull and kind and I love that about her. She is exactly the type of person someone should have in their life. Liz is amazing. Too bad she tends to get hurt so easly by people like Jake. But the fact that she doesn't give up on the people who really need help... That's the most selfless thing I've ever heard of.

"It's not a big deal. Just math messing with my head. Literally." I say and she laughs.

"I feel you. Whoever invented math is probably rotting in hell right now." she says and we both laugh.

The laughter is filled with some heavy steps sound, which makes me get tense once again.

   I turn around right when Jake passes by me. He's wearing a white shirt and some grey sweatpants and he is barefoot. I've never seen him like this before. He seems so... simple. He is too busy texting someone to say anything to us. I look at his phone, trying to see who he's texting. I usually don't stick my nose where it doesn't belong but I'm too curious now. He is tense now, and he frowns and sighs everytime he sends a text. And yet I can't tell if he is upset or not. Almost every single time I look at him, he is frowned and tense. It's one of his traits. The frown doesn't tell me anything. If he is confused, angry or stressed. It has become way too hard for me to understand him. Sometimes I don't even try.

   "Jake!"

   Liz almost yells trying to get her son's attention. But I'm not surprised, considering I was as focused as him on what he was doing.

   "Is everything alright? You seem tense." she says and frowns just like him.

He stops frowning only to roll his eyes at his mother. I almost start laughing when I realize these are pretty much all of his face expressions. He's so ridiculous.

   "Yeah. Everything's good." he mumbles completely ignoring his mother's concern.

Liz gives up trying and turns back to her cooking. I can see that she's sick of Jake's behavior. But she's too kind to do anything about it. She is just going to continue to suck up his tantrums and consume every bit of patience she has.

   Actually, we all do that. For some unknown reason, we just put up with his bad moods - which never seem to end - and we never say anything to him. And he doesn't give a damn about us and the incredible efforts we make by not chocking him to death. He really doesn't care that there are people out there, who are getting hurt because of his behavior and actions. He's being selfish, blind and arrogant. Simultaneously.

    I didn't even realize I was staring at him until he says something.

   "What are you loooking at?"