And You're The Reason

All Taehyung could see was endless darkness as he was brought from one place to another. The blindfold restricting his sight was tightly wrapped around his head and it didn't let any sliver of light inside. The hand on his lower back guiding him through a hallway comforted him greatly and it felt familiar to have these hands on him in the dark.

Sadly, this wasn't a kinky night between the two men. Instead, Jeongguk was bringing him to some sort of surprise he had planned for him. Jeongguk had told him he'd be showing Taehyung an early valentine's present even though Valentine's was still a week from then.

"Are we almost there?" Taehyung whined, getting impatient by all the doors they were stepping through. He had no clue in what place they were but it did seem like they were getting to some apartment – which worried him a bit.

Had Jeongguk booked some chamber at a love hotel for the two of them? Because they had a room of their own in their own place and so that would be just a waste of money. Besides, love hotels were often tacky and the walls were not that soundproof as you'd expect.

"Stop whining you big baby", Jeongguk protested, his voice fond nonetheless. "We're almost there."

Taehyung was a very patient man but Jeongguk had noticed early on in their relationship that Taehyung was really impatient when it came to surprises. "It's taking so long darling," Taehyung remarked with a pout. He was getting enough of the many stairs they had to walk until finally, they arrived somewhere – presumably at a door.

"We're here."

Jeongguk opened the door and let his fingers brush the other's back to gently guide him inside. It was quiet in the room and before he could ask anything else Jeongguk had closed the door behind him and his fingers started fumbling with the blindfold that was tied at the back of his boyfriend's head.

"Can I see? Can I see?" Taehyung asked the boy, feeling the blindfold droop as it got loosened.

"Yes, Taehyung you can see." Jeongguk chuckled as he finally got rid of the blindfold. Taehyung blinked and blinked, eyes adjusting to something else that endless darkness. To his surprise, he found the room they were in to be dark as well.

That was until Jeongguk flicked on the lights.

"Surprise!"

Taehyung leaped backward, into the warm chest of his boyfriend when eight people jumped from behind the furniture in the room. He took a moment to process who these people were and then his eyes landed on a soft round face that carried a set of familiar eyes with quite a familiar glint in them.

Taehyung's mouth dropped open and then his eyes started watering at the sight of his best friend standing in the same apartment as him, only five feet away from him.

"Jiminie?", he uttered, watching the other man's eyes crinkle. Jimin took a step forward and opened his arms. "Hi Taehyungie, long time no see."

Taehyung's feet moved and he leaped into his best friend's arms in a matter of seconds. Even though Jimin was visibly shorter than him and smaller in size, his embrace felt like the comfiest thing Taehyung had ever been in – memories of them hugging years prior flooding back into his brain. "I-I missed you so much." Taehyung breathed, his nose buried in the man's hair. "What are you doing here?"

Jimin broke out into a grin, his arms still tightly wrapped around his best friend. "I'm coming back to live here."

At this Taehyung jumped up, effectively lifting Jimin into the air as well. He broke out of the hug to stare his best friend in the eye, a beaming smile now enhancing his features. "You're moving back? And you didn't tell me before!"