christmas eve

ginny pov
there was excitement going through my body head to toe whilst me and luna were sat on my bed. i kept revising a speech i wrote for christmas and kept saying it to luna. we do this thing every year that someone in the house made a speech last year it was dad this year it is me. i kept revising it until mum called us. i felt like luna was settling in more today especially from talking to her mum yesterday. mum called us down to do the tree. everyone in the house helps with this without any magic it was a tradition of our that we put the tree up together with no magic. i really liked it because it made me feel part of a normal family for a while. don't get me i love them all but it seems a bit over the top sometimes it's because it's just so big.
we were almost the star but was missing so me and luna went upstairs to have a double look. luna whispered into my ear "you should sit on the tree because you're the only star i see." she winked then we both giggled. fred shouted he had it see we both ran down stairs.

luna pov
we both ran downstairs. ginny ran straight to fred to get the star. fred passed her the star so she put it on and all smiled. i secretly grabbed her hand so i didn't seem suspicious to anyone especially mrs weasleys because we were both scared but she's been down lately because percy decided not to come home for christmas. fred and george say it's because he's a stuck up prick who cares more about the ministry. mrs weasleys still send an jumper every year. ginny told me that professor lupin and sirius is coming down tomorrow for christmas dinner but i don't think she would mind because there both married to each other with their adoptive daughter. it was around dinner and we sat at the dinner table, i personally wasn't that hungry but mrs weasleys insisted that i eat especially from the previous events.