CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT.

━━ Third Person,
June Twenty-Fourth. ━━

When Dawn walked into her house, she wasn't at all late and Calum was thanking her for it. But she wasn't listening, she was too busy in her own head.

Harvey Shiloh just fucking kissed her. And it felt fucking amazing.

The way he asked before he could do it, the way he held her in his arms, and the way he made Dawn feel so safe in the moment. She felt crazy for him and she didn't know why. He was just a boy that she met on the lake, right?

On the other hand, Harvey was having the time of his life whilst he drove home.

He brushed his fingers over his lips that were tingling like crazy. He just kissed Dawn Graham, a girl he met just a month ago. When he got home, he sat in his car for a little while before going inside.

When he said goodnight to his parents and went into his messy room, he flopped on his bed— back first— and stared at the ceiling that was in front of him.

"My god." He mumbled to himself, feeling a blush creep up to his cheeks.

No girl has ever made him feel this way, not that he had met many girls who showed interest in him, Dawn Graham was the first that really meant something to him.

And he truly hoped she would be the last one as well.

He knew it was dumb to say that, Dawn was barely sixteen— as he was, but he truly did like her a lot.

Meanwhile he was freaking out about his day, Dawn sat in her desk chair with the fan blowing in her face. She had a diary sitting right in front of her and was writing about her wonderful day.

"He kissed me dude, his lips against mine. That's basically my first one too!! I don't know how I feel about telling dad tho, do I have to tell him? . . . "

She took a deep breath and closed the journal, tucking it in her secret hiding space for the small book and headed over to her closet and picked out some pajamas.

She changed into a nice pair of shorts and a white tank top since it was still balls hot in her bedroom, and got under her covers. She grabbed the book that was on her bedside table and began reading.

━━ Third Person,
June Twenty-Fifth. ━━

"Whatever happened to our trip to Australia?"

Dawn sat on the counter chairs, a cup of coffee sat in front of her to energize her. Calum leaned against the wall, barely awake.

"Oh." He huffed, "I'm not sure. I don't think I ever got the chance to plan the trip."

"We should go." Dawn suggested, shifting in her seat.

"You wanna go?" He raised an eyebrow at his daughter, "Well I mean— I can try and plan it for soon, yeah?"

"Yeah. It would be fun to meet your family, and I want to meet grandma. Maybe I can change her mind about hating me." Dawn humored, winking at her dad.

Calum rolled his eyes playfully, taking a sip of his coffee. "I'll see if I can buy the tickets. I'll talk to the guys tonight."

"Alrighty. I don't really have plans for the day, I think I'm just gonna try and clean my bedroom." Dawn shrugs, taking the last sip of her coffee, setting my mug in the sink.

"Alright Peanut," Calum came up to Dawn and brought her into a hug. "I love you. I've gotta head to work now, I'll be home early today so we can order some dinner, how about that?"

"I would love that." Dawn smiled. "I love you, too."

Calum blew Dawn a kiss, and made his way to the front door and left. Dawn sighed and went up to her bedroom, looking around and she huffed.

"What a freaking mess!" She hummed, "Time to clean!"