CHAPTER THIRTY TWO.

━━ Dawn Graham.
June First. ━━

Since it's so late into the school year, I wasn't allowed to enroll quite yet so I had to continue online from my other school just until Summer started, which was very soon.

It's been extremely boring at home because all of my family have been either working at their new jobs, working on the house or their rooms, or all napping. As a result, I had been exploring the town.

And while I was exploring the town, I found a popular lake spot that everyone swims at.

It was undoubtedly getting hotter in Washington state; hot enough to where I could swim in the lake, and not freeze my ass-cheeks off.

I slipped on my blue denim shorts over my navy blue two piece swimsuit, putting on one of my gold necklaces and a couple bracelets. I swung my backpack over my shoulder that contained a towel, food, and sunscreen. (always put on sunscreen.)

I walked out of my room and headed down the stairs, and I began to hear some noise in the Kitchen— I thought everyone was out? I approached the Kitchen to see my dad standing in the Kitchen and eating grapes.

"Hi Love, where are you headed?" My dad asks me.

"Just down to the lake. Is that alright?" I asked, making sure it was okay and I wasn't just running off.

"Of course. Just be home by five." He smiles assuringly, taking a sip from his coffee mug and giving me a big hug before I go out. I give him one back, and smile.

I wave goodbye and make my way to the sidewalk and feel the blazing sun on my shoulders. I better hurry. I think to myself.

━━ Thirty Minutes Later. ━━

noelle.
hey.

I rolled my eyes, leaving her on read. She had texted me twice, trying to say sorry for what happened and that Jacob cheated on her.

I made my way towards the free area by the lake and I set down the beach towel, and set down another normal towel next to me— along with some food I had brought.

As I absentmindedly set everything up, I didn't notice the girl walking up to me with a smile on her face.

I look up, and my face twists to surprise.

"Hello!" She smiles at me, "Sorry, this might be weird. Hi! My name is Cameron and I just happened to see you walking over here, and you seem fucking awesome. Do you mind if me and my friends come hang out?"

I take a deep breath, glancing over at the four individuals sitting on their blankets, looking at me. Awkward.

"Oh! That's fine, come on over." I smile, trying not to make her feel bad.

They all begin to bring their stuff over, handing me a snack and I immediately feel safe around them, because it's a bowl of fresh fruit. They seem awesome.

"You must be new?" Cameron starts, sitting down on her blanket. "I've never seen you around."

"Yeah, I moved here not too long ago." I nodded, taking a bite of a strawberry.

"Oh really? Oh, um," She turns her attention to the people with her. "This is Levi, he's my boyfriend—" She then points to a girl with dyed dark blue hair, "—That's Olivia, and then—" she points to another guy, "—that's Xavier, and then that—" she points to a guy who has blonde hair, a goofy smile and a toothpick in his mouth "—is Harvey."

"Hi, nice to meet you all." I smiled, waving awkwardly at these people.

I hear a round of "hellos" and other introductions.

"Right— Um, my name is Dawn! It's nice to meet you all." I gave them a warm smile.

"You have a cool name, we should hang out. We can show you all of the cool, hidden spots here in Harbor Lake. Can I have your number?"

(Harbor Lake is a fake town I made up here in Washington. It's fake, and not real. Do not go looking for 5SOS and Dawn in Harbor Lake, Washington.)

She hands her phone to me that had the contact screen lit up. I put my name as dawn and type out my number, handing it back to her when I'm done.

She shoots me a text, "Awesome. I will add you to our group chat!"

I nod slowly, "What's it like here?"

"Kind of cool, if you have the right friends group." She tells me.

For the next couple of hours, we bond and tell eachother all about ourselves and I truly enjoy it. I got all of their numbers, social media, etc. Until I realize it's four-fifty, and I have to be home in ten minutes.

"—Should go to the shops. Dawn, wanna come?" Harvey asks, making my cheeks heat up.

I would go anywhere with you, I said in my mind.

"I've actually gotta go home," I frown, beginning to clean up my things. "But I would love for you guys to show me all of the hidden spots sometime soon."

"I would love to!" She smiles brightly, standing up with me. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"See you tomorrow."