004. Friends?

-Gracia's POV-

Another morning. Another day of lousy school. It's Wednesday so I only have two more days until I'm out of hell for another two days. Then it's another new cycle.

I get up out of bed and do my bathroom routine. Brush teeth, wash face and shower. Chloe was a whole lot of fun last night. She came back again because she missed us.

I haven't gotten anymore DM's from that Serena girl. She goes to my school and she's in my first, second and fifth period class. I've seen her and she would smile and wave. I would smile and wave back.

Surprisingly, Ashton didn't bother me yesterday. I'm guess he's probably getting sick of making fun of me. So I should be in a good mood today.

I put on my clothes and my new purple glasses I got from my eye doctor yesterday. Purple is my favorite color so I was pretty happy that I got these ones.

 Purple is my favorite color so I was pretty happy that I got these ones

(^^^Gracia's outfit^^^)

I check myself out in the mirror and I look honestly so pretty. Wow, that's the first time in 3 years that I've called myself pretty. That Serena girl's words definitely had an effect on me.

I put on my favorite apple cinnamon perfume. I don't always wear this, I put some on when I'm in a good mood and I'm in a good mood this morning.

I grab my backpack and water bottle and walk downstairs. Callie's fixing a sandwich, probably a sandwich. I smile.

"Good morning, Gracie." She greets looking up at me.

"Good morning, Callie." I say back.

She goes back to packing my lunch and hands it to me. I smile. A turkey and cheese sandwich, granola bar, pack of M&M's, Lay's original potato chips, and a salted caramel cookie.

I know some of you may be laughing because my older sister packs my lunch. She always insists that she packs my lunch because she likes taking care of me. She always been ever since we were little kids. She was 11 and I was 6. We were always so independent as little kids.

"Here's your lunch and your water bottle." She hands me my lunch box and my tall bottle of water.

She leans over and give my cheek a little kiss. I smile and close my eyes. We did our sisterly handshake that we had made up as teenagers. I laugh.

"Have a good day at school and I love you." She grabs her purse.

"Love you too." I say while snacking on a yogurt parfait I had made for breakfast.

"Don't be late." She warns and I nod and give her a thumbs up. She leaves out of the door.

It's just me for a couple of minutes. I honestly didn't use my time wisely and just scrolled through Instagram, liking on pictures. I look on my mom's page. There's a picture of her and my dad, next to a koala. I smile and leave a little comment.

gracia.oconnor: hope y'all are having fun, missing you :((

I smiled and decided to watch a YouTube video. I watch random videos and today I chose a 'Ryan and Danielle' video. Their pranks make me laugh. They are such a cute couple. I would like to have a relationship like that. If only there was a boy who could actually love me.

I skip to a James Charles video because why not? My timer went off, telling me to go to school. I grab my lunch, water bottle and backpack. I started my walk to school.

The walk stayed the same. Surprisingly, I didn't get any weird looks walking to school. I was now at the building and walk to the two big doors. I squeeze through people to make my way in.

My head down as always, to avoid looks. I continue my walk and I feel my body plummeting down on the floor hard, laughter around. I look and Ashton's giving me a smirk with his left foot out. He tripped me.

"Had a little accident, Nerdy Gracie?" He taunts and I feel tears fill my eyes. His eyes were full with regret and guilt for a moment but then changed back into mean and mischievous.

The bell rung and everybody rushes to go to class. I pick up my papers which are scattered and my books.

"Hey, are you okay?" I hear a voice and I look back. Serena.

"I-I'm fine." I replied, fixing my glasses.

"Hey, Ashton's a dick. Karma will come back to him." She says and I just nod.

"I told Mrs. White that you had to go to the bathroom, she excused you." She told me.

"T-Thank you." I say smiling.

We were done picking up all of my stuff and she helps me place my things in my locker.

"I'm Serena, well you already know that." She chuckles.

"Gracia." I say.

"Let's call you CiCi for short. And you can call me Rena. Deal?" She says and I smile and nod.

"Deal." I say and she hugs me tightly.

"Finally, a friend who is not around me because of stupid ass boys." She says and I chuckle.

"Why me, though?" I ask.

"CiCi, from when I first saw you and how Ashton treated you, I felt terrible." She touches my arm while giving me a pitiful look. "No one deserves to be treated that way."

"It's alright. I manage to get by and that's the good thing." I say.

"I like a friend with positivity. I'm sitting by you today." She says and I nod.

We walk in the classroom, disrupting Mrs. White's lecture. She smiles nicely at us and give us a nod. I sit in my seat and she sits beside me. I take out my notebook and began writing.

Mrs. White had to step out to collect paper work from another teacher. That gave the class an advantage to talk loudly. I didn't say anything and just stayed slump in my seat.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket and I take it out in confusion. A DM from... Ashton.

ash.scott19 (DM's): r u ok?

I look back and he looks at me as if saying 'I need an answer.' I nod slightly.

ash.scott19 (DM's): i'm sry 😕

Ashton Scott? Apologizing... to me? I mean, I'm still a little hurt but my mom says to always forgive so I just texted back a polite reply.

gracia.oconnor (DM's): It's okay.

Mrs. White comes back in and I quickly put my phone in my back pocket. She continues her lesson. I'm really confused, though. Ashton has done and said a lot of things bud never apologizes for them.

"Are you okay?" Serena asks.

I nod. "I'm fine." I told her and she nods again and looked up toward Mrs. White.

-Ashton's POV-

I felt bad that I had tripped her up. I don't know why but seeing the tears in her eyes made me wanna scoop her up in my arms and never let her go.

I couldn't hold in this guilt anymore and finally apologized. Tripping her wasn't the right thing to do and it made me feel like a total dick.

She forgiven me and I slightly smile. I caught myself and quickly remove the smile from my face when Mrs. White walks in.

I stare and Gracia the whole time. At one point, she turns her head to look at me and I avert my eyes elsewhere across the room.

Ashton... stop being weird, bro.

~~
A/N: Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! So, do you feel a little better that Ashton has admit to his mistake? Still hate him kinda, yeah me too. You've finally met Serena! More content of her tomorrow! Next chapter on Tuesday! Comment your thoughts and vote! Thanks for reading!