031. All Good

~Gracia's POV~

I had to convince Ash to let me walk back home. I didn't want to start any more problems with my dad. He was finally convinced and I'm now at my door.

I opened the door with my house key and when I walked in, my parents were sitting at the table sipping coffee and Callie seemed to be cooking breakfast.

"Gracie." My mom walks up to me and hugs me. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Am I grounded?" I ask her.

"No, of course not." She replies and I smile.

"I need to go upstairs and take a shower. I'll be down for breakfast." I told her and she nods.

I walk upstairs and into my room. I walked in the bathroom and took a warm shower. Once I got out, I brushed my teeth and my phone pinged. It was a text from Rena.

Rena 🤍: Ash had told us everything. I'm sorry. Can we talk later?

Me: Yeah sure.

I put my phone down and finished drying my hair and I walked out of the bathroom to put together my outfit for today.

(^^^Gracia's outfit^^^)

I had placed my hair back in a ponytail and grabbed my phone, walking downstairs. The table was set and it seemed like everybody were waiting on me.

"Sorry. Shower took longer than I wanted it to be." I apologize. "What's for breakfast?" I ask.

"French toast, scrambled eggs and fruit." Mom replies and I nod.

I sit in my chair and poured a little bit of syrup on my French toast. I started eating, since I didn't really finish dinner yesterday.

"Mom." I called and she looked up. "Is it okay if I spend the day with my friend?" I ask.

"Make sure you're home by the right time. Curfew is..."

"8pm. I remember." I say and she nods and smiles.

"Gracie." My dad calls and I look up at him. I don't know what he's gonna say. "I held way too many expectations over your head. I want to apologize for my words yesterday to you and your boyfriend."

"It's fine, Dad." I say.

"But it isn't." He says. "Ashton doesn't seem like a terrible guy, and your friends. And you're right, people make mistakes and it's the parents job to support, not push. I'm really sorry." He says.

"I forgive you." I tell him. I walk up to him and hug him.

Yeah my dad has said some pretty awful things but at the end of the day, he's still my father. I'll always love him and I know he'll do the same. I pull away and he grins. I walk back to my chair to continue eating.