051. Senior Year

Three Months Later...

~Gracia's POV~

First day of school. Woohoo. Notice my sarcasm? I'm not ready for this. It's been three months. Three. I haven't spoken to him. And I barely hung out with any of my friends so they're not talking to me anymore. Back to how it was in the beginning. Lonely.

I stayed up most of the night. Barely got any sleep. The stupid alarm clock goes off. "Shut up!" I say and hit the darn thing so it could shut up. Callie walks in.

"Hey, sis." She holds up my pill bottle. I hate taking pills. Why should I take pills?

"I don't need them, Callie." I say.

"You have to take them so you can eat and not get those thoughts again. You know what your therapist said." She tells me.

So um... depression sucks. My therapist diagnosed me with depression and prescribed pills for me to take so I can eat since I haven't been eating and so I don't have anymore of these wicked thoughts. I took the pill with a glass of water.

"Get ready for school. You leave at 8." She says and I nod.

I got up and walked in the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, thinking about why I'm still living at this point. I pick up my toothbrush and brushed my teeth. I then took a shower. After that I looked at myself in the mirror again.

Nothings really changed about me. I think all that's changed was my hair. I had died the ends blue since blue is a color that fits me. I walk in my room and put on some clothes. I don't care about first impression so I just put on a hoodie and blue ripped jeans.

I walked downstairs to see Callie packing my lunch. Chloe was eating cereal at the table. "Good morning." I say.

"Hi, CiCi!" Chloe says and I smile and kiss her head. "Are you feeling better?"

She asks me that every morning. I chuckle. "I'm getting there." I tell her. I see a bowl of cereal and I sit down and eat.

After eating, Callie hands me my lunch and my backpack. "It's 7:50, you should start heading out." She says and I nod. I hug Callie and kiss Chloe's head and walked out.

I walk. Just like before. Walking to school. The walk is about 8 minutes. After walking and walking, I'm in front of the building. It feels weird being here. I walk slowly to the building.

"Gracie." I hear someone call my name. I turn and it's Alice.

"Hi, Alice." I greet with a soft but fake smile.

"It's nice to see you." She says. "How was your summer?" She asks.

"It was something." I say with a shrug.

She walks up to me and rubs my arm. "I heard about you know, him." She says. "Everything will be okay. Do you want me to walk with you?" She asks.

"No, thanks. Thank you though, Alice. It feel nice to hear reassurance from somebody else except my sister." I say and she nods.

I walk in. Nobody stares at me. I look to the side and I stop. My friends. They all look at me. Gwen waves and I smile and wave back. I walk, looking down and I bump into someone.

"I'm sorry." I say. I look up and I see who it is. Ash. "I-I'm sorry. I wasn't looking."

"It's fine, Gracie." He says. "It's nice to see you." He says after a while of silence.

I nod. "Yeah, same." I say not looking up. I just walk away, feeling tears at my eyes. I go to my locker and open it. I place my head in. Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry. I take deep breaths like what my therapist told me and calmed myself down. I still love him. No doubt I do and I wanna talk with him so badly.

The locker next to me opens. Serena. "Hey, CiCi." She greets.

"Hi." I say back.

"Um... what teacher do you have?" She asks me.

"Ferguson." I say.

"Same." She says. "I missed you this summer." She said.

"I missed you guys too." I say. "I'm sorry."

She sighs and hugs me. "Don't apologize. Callie told us what was going on. Everything will be okay." She says. I shakily sigh and nod. She pulls away.

"Is he in class with us too?" I ask her.

She sighs. "Just ignore him. We all have classes together. So you can sit with Gwen and I and AJ and Chase can sit with him." She says. I nod.

"I-I might sit in the back today. I don't want people seeing me." I say.

She nods. "Okay. I'll sit with you." She says. I nod. The bell rings and I follow her to our new teacher's classroom. There's desks with two seats each.

I sit at the far back and Rena sits next to me. AJ, Chase, Noah and Gwen comes in. I see him too but I don't acknowledge him. I feel someone's hands on my shoulder. It's Chase.

"It's nice to see you, CiCi." He says and leans down to hug me.

"Likewise." I say with a soft smile. AJ, Noah and Gwen hugs me too. Maybe they don't hate me for basically abandoning them.

Soon class starts. A male teacher comes in. "Hello, seniors! I'm your teacher, Mr. Ferguson and I'm glad to be your teacher this year!" He says. "So, what we're gonna do is go through the class and you're gonna say your name and three things you like." He says.

"That sounds like something elementary schools do." Someone says. Ash. People snicker a bit.

"Since you wanna blurt out, you can introduce yourself first." Mr. Ferguson says.

Ash sighs dramatically and comes in front of the class. "Ashton Scott. 18 years old. Three things I like um... motorcycles, tattoos and kids... at least one kid." He says. Is he talking about Chloe? "She's my little buddy so, yeah." He sits back down.

"That's nice. Who's next?" Mr. Ferguson says.

He goes through everybody in class except for me. "And you. Next to Ms. Serena." He says. I mentally cuss myself for not hiding quick enough. "You need to come up." He says.

I nod and slowly walk in front of the class. I take a deep breath. "I'm Gracia O'Connor. I'm 17 years old. Umm... I like drawing, writing and I guess, reading too." I say.

"Do you write poetry?" The teacher asks.

I nod. "Sometimes. Other times I write just to write." I say.

"That's nice." He says. "You're Calliope O'Connor's sister, right?" She asks.

I smile softly and nod. "Yeah." I say.

"Good. I had her in her senior year. How is she?" He asks.

"She's doing well." I say.

"Thank you, Ms. O'Connor, you can sit now." He says with a smile and I nod and sit back down next to Serena.

~Ash's POV~

Seeing her after three months. Hearing her voice. She looks just as beautiful as she always did. She's changed though. Her clothes, she dyed the ends of her hair blue. She's not okay.

AJ has told me that she's isolated herself from them. I feel terrible, knowing I caused it. She sat all the way in the back. Refusing to acknowledge me. I had hoped she'd say more.

Why would she? I broke her heart terribly. I couldn't even pay attention to this stupid lesson because all I thought about was the day I wasn't thinking clearly and breaking up with her. Her tears and her pained face still comes to my mind.

I hope she still loves me. Because I damn sure still love her. I need her in my life again. Maybe I'll try to talk to her after school. She'll try to ignore me but I know she can't for long.

~~
A/N: Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! So I did add a time gap. As you can see, there were plenty outcomes. Do you think Ash and CiCi will get back together? Stay tuned for the next chapter! Comment your thoughts and vote! Thanks for reading!