057. Missing Mama

~ Gracia's POV ~

It's been a week since my birthday. I had so much fun with my friends. We all went to a roller rink. I've never skated before so it was really exciting but also nerve-racking. I've never had that much fun.

I'm also excited because Ash and I will be babysitting Chloe while Callie is working a late shift tonight. I already have stuff planned for what we're gonna do. I was in my last class of the day. After school, I need to study for our unit test tomorrow.

"How about Ms. Gracia answer the question." Grumplestilksin calls on me.

I sigh. "Air quality is bad because it affects your lungs. It's proven that air quality is much more severe in the summer so people with asthma, like me, gets mostly affected by it. Also people with heart or lung disease." I answer.

She hums. "So you were paying attention."

"I always pay attention, Mrs. Gremel, you just seem to have an issue with me." I say, causing people to snicker quietly. She glares at me. I just roll my eyes and turned back to my notebook.

School was over. Thank goodness for that. I can't take more of Grumplestilskin's glares. It sorta freaks me out a little bit. Someone tickles my waist making me giggle and turn around. "Hey, baby." Ash leans down and kisses my lips.

"Hi." I say. "Are you ready for two hours of Chloe?" I ask him.

"Of course I am, I haven't really spent any quality time with her since you know." He says.

"Ah ah ah." I press my finger to his lips. "Don't mention it. We're in a good spot. We're back together and don't forget, I'm gonna be moving in this weekend. Forget the bad, stay focused on the good."

He sighs and kisses my forehead. "You always know the right thing to say." He says and I giggle and kiss the tip of his nose. He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"I hope there's no inappropriate PDA going on in the hallways." Grumplestilskin calls out. I roll my eyes.

"Have a nice weekend, Mrs. Gremel. See you on Tuesday." I say with a fake smile and grabbed Ash's hand and walked out of the building. It's teacher's work day on Monday so we don't have school.

Chloe's already out of preschool. We drive to the building. She doesn't know she was gonna be with us for the afternoon so I'm pretty excited to see her face when she sees us. I opened the door. I spot her drawing in a coloring book with a box of crayons.

Ash quietly walks behind her and tickle her. She turns around and gasp. "Uncle Ash!" She squeals and jumps on him, hugging him. She seems happy to see us. Ash points to me and I wave and she waves back. "You picking me up? Where's Mommy?"

"Your mommy is busy but CiCi and I will be watching you." He says. "You'll have so much fun with us. We'll go get some food, get some ice cream. All of it." He says.

"Yay!" She says excitedly. I smile and nod my head and go to the front door.

"Chloe O'Connor." I say and the lady nods.

"Relation to her?" She asks.

"That's my niece. My sister said she wrote a note saying my boyfriend and I were picking her up." I say.

"Okay, yes. Gracia O'Connor and Ashton Scott?" She asks and I nod my head. "Okay, you guys are on the list. Just sign right here and I'll send her on her way." I sign the little box with my name and I nod to Ash.

He carries her on his hip as we walk out. There was already her car seat in the back so we sat her in and let her strap herself in. She loves doing it by herself. I got in and downed Coco's window since she said she was hot.

"Auntie CiCi, can we go to McDonald's? I'm hungry." Chloe rubs her tummy dramatically.

I laugh. "Yes, we can go to McDonald's. Do you want ice cream too?" I ask. She nods her head excitedly.

We got her some food and her ice cream. Ash had given her permission to eat it in the car but just needs to be very careful. We arrived to Ash's apartment. She looks awed. She ran to the couch and started jumping.

"This is so bouncy!" She exclaims while giggling. I chuckle. I grab her mid air and place her down. "I want to watch tv." She says.

I turned on the tv for her and switched to her favorite shows. She starts singing along and clapping to one of the songs that was playing. I walked to Ash who was in the kitchen, drinking some water. "Hi." I say.

He looks at her and smiles. "She makes me wanna have a baby with you. Tons and tons of babies." He says and kisses my neck. I chuckle.

"Maybe 2 or 3." I say.

He scoffs. "Psh, hell no. 5 at the max." He argues.

"5 kids. I wonder if we could even handle that." I say.

"Hmm, name celebrities with a bunch of kids. Angelina Jolie, 6 kids. Eddie Murphy, 10 kids. Clint Eastwood, 7 kids." He says.

I laugh. "Angelina adopted some of hers. Pushing out 7 kids? That would be extremely painful." I say.

He sighs and wraps his arms around my waist. "I would never rush you. Whenever you wanna have a kid, you tell me and we'll get right to it. Your body, your decision." I smile and lean up to kiss his lips.

We're interrupted when Chloe walks in with a frown on her face. I frown, seeing her cute, but sad face. "What's wrong, Chlo?" I ask her.

"I want Mommy and you guys won't with me." Her bottom lip starts trembling and she starts to cry. When she cries, my whole world just stops.

Ash walks to comfort her. He picks her up and she cries on his shoulder. "Oh, don't cry, Chlo-bug. We didn't mean to leave you alone." He says but she still cries. She misses Callie, a lot. "Shh, it's okay." He rubs her back and her crying stops.

"C-Can y-you sit with me?" She asks, leaning out of his shoulder.

"Of course I can. CiCi's coming too." He says. I follow him into the living room. Soon, her sad face turns upside down and she's more comfortable now that we're with her.

"I'm sleepy, Aunt CiCi." She yawns while rubbing her eyes. Callie did say she likes to take naps after school.

Ash volunteers to put her down for a nap. After about 30 minutes, he comes back and sighs. "She's asleep." He says. "I put her in the guest room. I also left the door open so we would know if she wakes up."

I chuckle. "Do you know how much of a good father you'll be?" I ask him.

He chuckles. "I love you so much." He tells me.

"I love you too." I say.

~~
A/N: Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Stay tuned for the next chapter! Comment your thoughts and vote! Thanks for reading!