001. Back To School

~Gracia's POV~

I hear my annoying alarm clock beeping. I wake up groaning and quickly turned it off, feeling myself getting annoyed by its loud and irritating sound.

"Gracie!" I hear my sister, Calliope, yell from downstairs.

"Coming, Callie!" I yell back and quickly get up.

I walk in the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I groaned in disgust and brushed my teeth and flossed. I'm totally dreading going to school today. I would have to face... him.

After brushing, I went into the shower. I really want to find an excuse not to go to school today. But knowing my sister, she would let me go even if I was actually sick.

I was out of the shower and I purged through my closet to pick a reasonable outfit for my day. I'm not in a happy mood so I just picked something boring and casual

 I'm not in a happy mood so I just picked something boring and casual

(^^^ Gracia's outfit^^^)

I grab my glasses and put them on my face. I have contacts but refuse to wear them. They feel weird and honestly so hard to take out and I like my glasses.

I grab my backpack, my books and my water bottle and rushed downstairs. My sister was standing at the counter, drinking a cop of hot coffee. She had on her work uniform.

"Good morning to you, too." She says when I pass her.

"Good morning, Callie." I say and pull a yogurt cup and apple out of the refrigerator.

"How did you sleep?" She asks once I start digging in my yogurt.

"Good, I guess." I mumbled.

"Also, Mom and Dad are in Australia. They'll be gone for at least 2 or 3 weeks." She added.

"That's nothing new." I mumbled once more and she frowned at me.

My parents are international business people, meaning they're always gone. When they are home, they are home for at least a month and then they leave again. It's been like those ever since I was a little girl.

"I'm sorry, Callie. Just don't wanna go to school today." I told her.

"Who wants to go to school after a long weekend?" She asks playing with strands of my hair.

"Haha." I playfully chuckle. "You're going to be late for work, I'll walk like I always do."

"Are you sure that you'll be okay?" She asks picking up her keys.

"I'll be fine." I reassure her, chuckling.

"Ok, sis. I love you and don't forget that Mimi and Papa are bringing Chloe today." She reminds me and I nod.

Chloe is Callie's four-year-old daughter. She lives with our grandparents but they take her to see us often. Callie's a great mother but being 22 taking care of a 17 year old AND a 4 year old was probably too much pressure for her.

"I love you too!" I call out once she's out the door.

I pick up my phone and check the time. Still have like 30 more minutes. Might as well take the time wisely and figure out this equation for math.

After 30 minutes, I checked the time and it was time for me to start my walk to school. I grabbed my books and shoved them in my backpack, along with my water bottle and my lunch.

I grab the house key that's on the key rack and place them in a secret place in my backpack. I lock the door behind me and stare ahead.

It's sunny. I like sunny weather and hopefully, I won't get bothered too much today.

I start my walk to school. I have to go through the next neighborhood where all of the preppy, bratty kids live. Some know me and they look at me in disgust.

I ignore them. That's all I can do. I don't care, sometimes I do but sometimes I don't. That's just how I am.

I look up to see myself in front of my school building. Baldwin High School. I take a sigh and walk inside.

I look down to avoid people's looks as I feel them upon me. I keep looking down until I bump into somebody. I look up to apologize quickly but soon saw who it was. Him.

"Oh, look everybody! Nerdy Gracie has entered the building!" He announces, making everybody laugh.

I roll my eyes and go to continue walking but he grabs my arm tightly and whisper in my ear.

"Next time, watch where you're going, four eyes." He said and I just lightly nod. He lets me go and I continue walking.

I'm always the first one in my homeroom class. I go to my locker to put my backpack and lunch in. I kept my water bottle, my inhaler that I keep because of my asthma and my books that I need for class. I walk in class and is greeted by my teacher, Mrs. White.

"Good morning, Gracia! How are you?" She asks and I smile. She's so chipper in the morning.

"I'm good, Mrs. White. How was your weekend?" I ask her.

"It was nice, dear. How about yours?" She asks.

"Uneventful." I replied honestly with a smile. She smiles her smile at me while I took my seat which is in the very front of the room.

The bell rung and soon everybody was flooded into our classroom. As soon as everybody got seated, Mrs. White began teaching.

I was writing down notes. Seems as though I'm the only person in the class who actually writes notes. I was in my zone until I feel a paper hitting the back of my head. I picked it up and opened it because it was crumpled.

'NERDY GRACIE' the note said. I held my head down and Mrs. White turned around and saw the note in my hand. She grabbed it from my hands before I could do anything.

"Who wrote this?" She asked the class, holding up the note.

"I did." A voice spoke and I look back and it was him. Ashton Scott.

"Mr. Scott, that's it. Report to the principal's office. Now!" Mrs. White scolded him.

"Yeah, whatever." He says, his voice full of amusement.

I look up and his eyes were on me. He winks and I shiver. Why did I feel that way?

"Are you okay?" Said a voice and I look back to see this girl who I've never noticed before.

I nodded and smiled at her and she smiled back. Mrs. White continued the lesson until class was over.

~~
A/N: Hello guys!
As I've said, I'm writing a new story! Tbh I've been having like... daydreams about something like this and decided to put it into a story
I hope you guys enjoy it and I'll be updating every Tuesday, Thursdays and Sundays
Please comment your thoughts and vote as well!