January 19th 2013

Dear Diary

I am writing this after a long and hardworking day. As part of Hayley's 13th birthday, she was allowed to redecorate her room as part of a present! But there was 1 catch, everyone had to get in on the act. So, here is the rather amusing tale of the new look bedroom...

I woke up early (6AM to be precise) and hear the sound of footsteps. My bedroom door creaks open and Alyssa comes in. She tells me that Hayley is already up and dressed and wants to get started! I groaned. Not at this time of the morning!

Mum and Dad come downstairs at 8AM. By then, me and the the girls are up and finishing breakfast. Hayley is so impatient and jumps on her seat. Tegan stares at her. Clearly, she isn't happy about the present choice. There were 2 to choose from. A shopping spree or a new redecorated bedroom. Of course, Hayley didn't want to go shopping so a new room it was.

Things started quite well. All of us pitched in to help move the furniture and sort through old clothes to take to the charity shop. Alyssa meanwhile isn't used to hammers or any banging noises so when Dad tried to put a posterboard up, she ran out screaming that someone was coming to get her! I had to take her back to her room.

Tegan folded her arms and refused to help after lunch. Instead, she called her friend's Mum to pick her up and take her to town. Both parents were mad when I told them she had gone.

Alyssa was still moaning in her room, and Hayley by this point felt too upset because the family laughter from earlier had just vanished and instead there were no smiles and no music on either. So, she gave up trying to sort things out.

I gave up just after her because clearly I wasn't in the mood to carry on either. That only left Mum and Dad.

Tegan came late home and Mum looked at her ears just in case but luckily, there were no earrings there. Alyssa finished her meal and got extra ice-cream but Hayley hardly touched her food. Still upset no wonder.

Just a few minutes ago, Hayley bustled into my room with a sleeping bag and announced that she was sleeping with me for the night. Her new room was finished but she didn't want to go in.

I had to take her by the hand towards her room and together, we both opened the door. Hayley smiled in delight. Her unhappiness had gone away. I said good night and told her not to be too loud. So far, so good!

See you later!

Yours Chelsea

Chelsea's Song of the Day- Gotta Be You by 1D (One Direction)