EP.34

"Mash, are you okay? You look all beaten up!" Lemon says worriedly, glancing at Mash's bruised face. "It's nothing," Mash replies, his eyes scanning the group, landing momentarily on you. You, however, were frowning deeply, clearly upset about not being able to toy with and beat up Silva more. Lance, noticing your sour mood, pulls you into a hug, gently patting your head. "That damned protagonist kid!" you murmur into Lance's shirt, and he just stands there, smiling softly while continuing to stroke your hair."As I thought, she never changes," Lance thinks, his smile faltering a little as he shifts his gaze to Mash.

"So, you ended up fighting Silva from the second year?" Mash nods in agreement, making Finn smile brightly. "That's awesome, Mash! You even defeated a scorpion that was worth two silver coins!"

"My fun~," you murmur sadly while Lance continues to pat your head."You did all this for me, didn't you?" Lemon says, looking at Mash while daydreaming, lost in her own world. "I'm sorry, no, thank you! Let's go to the infirmary!"Mash turns his face to look at Dot in the distance, remembering the girl mocking Dot. "What a loser, what a ridiculous boy."Mash kept looking at Dot.

"Hey, are you okay? Look, I'm sorry about (name)," Dot turned around in surprise to see Lemon, who averted her gaze to look at you. You were peeking at Dot with only one eye, the other half of your face still hidden in Lance's chest."She's always like this. I'm sure she's not mad at you," Lemon said, looking adorable. Dot shifted his gaze from Lemon back to you, hearing her words. In his view, you hid your face in embarrassment against Lance's chest when Dot caught you looking at him. An imaginary cupid's arrow pierced Dot's eye as he felt his heart skip a beat, metaphorically spitting blood.

"ARGH!!!! YARGH!!!!" Dot screamed, clutching his eye and shaking his head wildly, startling Lemon."EEEEH?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM?! SO SCARY! SOMEONE HELP ME HERE!!!" Lemon shouted, panicking.]

"Stop biting me!" Lance scolded you as you bit into his shirt, glaring angrily."She looks like an angry cat," Finn thought as he watched you, almost growling at Lance."Aaaah, (Name)!" Lemon shouted, quickly running towards you and grabbing your arm, which was holding Lance's waist, leaving only the other free."Mushroom head," Mash said, looking at Dot, who had his back turned to him. "Hey, sorry for getting you involved in that whole situation."

"How cute..." Mash said, still with his neutral expression, making Dot shocked."AAAAH! SHUT UP! OR I'LL KILL YOU! I WAS HERE, DYING OF EMBARRASSMENT, TRYING TO TALK TO YOU! SERIOUSLY, DON'T MESS WITH ME, YOU JERK!!" Dot yelled, his face red with frustration.

"I don't want to mess anyone up," Mash says as Dot glares at him furiously, causing Mash to look away."I'LL KILL YOU!"

"You were the target, Mash!" Lance says, causing Dot and Mash to stare at him."I overheard that somewhere by accident," Lance says, approaching Mash."The Lang House is hunting for coins and aiming at the Adler House. That second-year Silva must have picked a fight with you because of that."

"Lang..." Mash seems to be trying to remember the name, while Lance continued his explanation."The Lang House is made up of the high society and their friends, they're snobbish, they value birthrights, and they'll do anything to prevent commoners like us from entering the magic cabin," Lance explains.Everyone seems to ponder Lance's words, feeling a bit uneasy."And it seems like it's already starting, the war for coins waged by the elite of the Lang House, the Lupus Magic," Lance says, now making everyone a bit frightened.

"Lupus magic... I used to come up with names like that when I was around 12," Mash says, making everyone look at him, leaving the boy just blinking his eyes in confusion."Okay then..." you say before noticing a glow on Mash's pants, making everyone look at it.
Mash then looks to see the pocket of his pants, pulling out a gold coin from there, which was shining so brightly that you hid behind Finn just to avoid being blinded."One coin from the guy with a piercing, and two I got from the giant scorpion, along with five silver coins, I now have one gold," Mash says, looking impressed at the coin in his hand.

You also feel something in your pocket, and upon retrieving it, you find a silver coin. Forgetting that Mash was using the coin's glow to locate Dot, you instead look at your own coin in confusion."H-how did I get this?! Did I do something?" Lance, seeing your confused and frightened expression, decides to put his hand over yours, covering the coin. "You probably fought with two or three scorpions.""But weren't the scorpions worth bronze?" Finn, Lance, and Lemon look at you as you blink, seeming to have forgotten about the scorpions. I mean, you survived against two without a wand, while only thinking about killing Lance for losing your wand."Don't mind... I remembered," you say, averting your gaze and pocketing the silver coin, which was only a step away from becoming gold.