EP.29

(I'm trying to increase the chapter count. If this chapter ends up being cut in half, I apologize. I'm doing my best to fix the Wattpad glitch. Words currently up to publication: 1111 words.)

"Silence, all of you!" The professor says loudly as he appears in a spell, everyone then looks at the professor."Both the Adler and Lang houses will participate in this exercise. You will all have the chance to win a bronze and silver coin, but you must prepare yourselves... as your task is to expel the scorpions from the forest and collect the stone from their heads."

"Finally!!! I'll be able to kill some monster!" you think happily, unaware that the others are looking at you."Most of them will only give you a bronze coin, but the strongest ones will be worth a silver coin. You can identify them by the square stone lodged in their heads. Common magic users certainly don't stand a chance, but you are students of Easton," the professor then begins to show an image of the scorpion in a magic circle."Do whatever it takes to survive! Enter now, in order."

You follow behind your classmates, entering while hearing shouting."YOU LITTLE BRAT! NO WAY I'M LOSING TO YOU!" you turn your head to look back and see Dot yelling at Mash. He soon starts walking, and when he notices you looking, a silly smile spreads across Dot's face along with a hint of pink on his cheeks. He waves his hand at you, looking like a different person from when he was yelling at Mash."What a weirdo," you think, raising an eyebrow before following behind your friends, completely ignoring the boy.

"I'd like to win a silver coin if possible," Lance says, stopping beside Mash. "I'll do my best too," Lance nods in response to Mash's reply. But then the duo hears a whistle, and someone appears behind Mash, grabbing his shoulder, a boy with short gray hair."You think you're all that, huh? What's up, I see through you. You're thinking you're some special guy, right? You're deluding yourself, telling yourself you're better than everyone else, and I know you think everyone's beneath you."The boy then performs magic to summon an iron stake hitting Mash in the stomach, lifting him up.

The professor then turns to look at the students. "What are you doing? I'll deduct points!" The boy then raises his hands in surrender as he walks a bit forward."Oops, sorry there, professor, we were just messing around here, right, freshman?" The boy turns to look at Mash on the ground, but soon notices a dark look coming from Mash."Oh, kid! That's the face I want to see, I want you to keep that face when I'm done with you." The boy then turns, waving goodbye with his arm as he walks away."Can't wait for that, freshman!"
"Hey, Mash!" Lance puts his hand on Mash's shoulder, drawing the boy's attention."Ignore him, he's a year older than us, and he's infamous for misbehaving, you know? He's hurt numerous teachers and students he doesn't like to the point of having to repeat the year." Lance and Mash watch the boy walk away, with his smirk."But they consider his talent as a magic user, so they haven't expelled him from here. You'll always hear things from Lang, so don't mess with him."

Lance is surprised when Mash pulls out a profiterole from his coat. "Phew, I thought he had squashed the profiterole.""Is that why you made that face? And don't put it in there, it's unhygienic," Lance scolds Mash as the boy simply eats his profiterole."Okay," the two then start entering the forest, walking side by side along a path.

"This seems dangerous," Lance says as he enters the forest ahead of Mash. "We should work in pairs. Being older, I'm used to taking care of others," Lance says, turning to speak to Mash, but instead finds himself alone in the forest, with nobody there."He's vanished?!" Lance just sighs before continuing to walk. "Maybe I'll find (name) or someone nearby," Lance thinks as he walks.

"Damn, I missed the meeting!" You scold yourself as you wander around, searching for the girl or any sign of your friends. "Oh man, I found nothing!" You say, looking up in frustration.But you're interrupted when a noise comes from behind you. Looking back, you see a large scorpion."Finally, I can kill something!" you think as you thank the heavens before preparing yourself.

Opening the palm of your hand as you wait for your wand to fall from your sleeves, you realize it didn't happen, so you look at your hand."Oh, right, Lance lost my wand," you get angry, already starting to mess up your hair. "That darn water-haired jerk!" You shout in frustration before hearing a growl.Looking ahead, you notice the scorpion is still in front of you, ready to attack.

Its tail moves, and soon you're on the ground as the scorpion's stinger whips between your legs, nearly tearing your skirt and grazing your leg. You crawl backward, but then you scream as the scorpion's stinger, dislodged from the ground, heads towards your face.Closing your eyes and putting your hands up to defend yourself, you wait for the scorpion's attack, but when you realize it never comes, you open your eyes to see."A shield?!" You're confused as you look at the black shield around you, while the scorpion is trying to break through. You look at your hands."Oh, did I do this? Huh?" Suddenly, multiple heads of yourself roll around you as you think."But wasn't there something like this?"

"Blah, blah, blah, wizards!" one of the heads speaks as you think."Wand! Blah blah blah!" You just wave your hand, dismissing the thought."Nah, must be nothing," you then stand up, pointing your finger at the scorpion outside the shield. "I'm going to pop you like a balloon!" When you realize a bolt of lightning shoots from your finger and literally makes the scorpion explode.You look at your finger in shock as the shield around you disappears."Well, darn..." You blink, confused, before walking over to the creature's carcass, pulling a star from its head or what's left of it, and tucking it into your coat. Then you hear something behind you and look back."THERE WAS ANOTHER JERK?!"

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐍𝐄𝐁𝐔𝐋𝐀: mashle X Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें