EP.12

"I imagine you both know why you're here," you and Mash exchange glances after being called to the director's office, revisiting the same place where the exam interview took place."Was it because we made profiteroles in the dormitory kitchen without permission?" Mash says, looking at you and then at the director."I didn't know we couldn't use the kitchen," you reply, looking at Mash, who just nods in agreement.
"Wrong," the director speaks now, making both of you look at him, sitting up there."It's because you both attacked Cavill and even buried the vice-director. This matter was seen as a problem by the Magic Ministry," the director then takes a sheet from his desk, lifting it up for you to see."I received this notification from the department requesting your immediate expulsion."
"I guess this is a record, I suppose," you think as you continue listening to what the director is saying."The Magic Ministry is the highest legal authority in this country; it's no exaggeration to say they control the nation at its core..."
"At the core of their organization are the divine visionaries, and this school provides the department with individuals qualified to become divine visionaries," you complete the director's speech in your head, already rolling your eyes mentally at the term 'divine visionary.' That's one thing you don't want to be, not like your siblings or your family used to be. After rolling your eyes mentally, you continue listening to the director."In a way, it is our role to create the next generation of government officials, and as you may already be aware, Cavill is the son of a high-ranking member of the Magic Ministry. In other words, you've committed an unforgivable act."
"However..." you and Mash look shocked as the director takes the paper and burns it in front of you. You can see the paper vanish without a trace in the director's hand."What's even more unforgivable is a world where 'wanting good' is seen as a disadvantage. I've been concerned about the current state of affairs in this world, so I took this position many years ago."

"Wow, this old man," you think as you look at the director, reflecting on yourself about how old this man is. "In a world where power and authority are concentrated in one place, we have shockingly few people like you who dare to act."

"The divine visionaries who lead the department have a duty, and that duty is to carefully consider what people desire. That's why...I sincerely hope that someday someone like you two will become a divine visionary.""No need to say that, it's what I intend to do," you look at Mash, who had just said that.