EP.23

"GRAVIOLE!" Lance says, releasing the bottle and casting his spell, causing it to fall faster."Hey, mushroom head," Lance turns to look at Mash, surprised to see him now without his uniform, wearing a black outfit with white shorts, in a running stance.

"Hamstring Magic," Mash says, already in position. "Hamstring Magic? What kind of spell is that? I've never heard of it before! And why is he... in that starting position?""Big Bang Dash."

"The position of losing, and the starting position, don't exist for me," Mash says before quickly running, disappearing from view and swiftly appearing behind Lance, holding the bottle."What?! He can't have decided the entire cliff and grabbed the bottle so quickly! I can't believe this! Is he using physical enhancement magic?!" Lance then prepares with his wand, turning to look at Mash."No, I can't falter now... I have to keep my promises!"

"Let's stop, you don't seem like a bad guy, we shouldn't be fighting like this, this bottle is empty, it's fake," Mash says, throwing the bottle away and approaching Lance. He quickly searches inside the boy's coat and finally finds the bottle, then steps back."There, it's over," everyone inside the bottle cheers in joy and celebrates Mash's victory.

"MAS... WHY? WHY WOULD YOU PASS UP THE CHANCE TO WIN MY SILVER COINS?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Lance shouts furiously. "No, I'm not," Lance then shouts again, sweat dripping down his face. "THEN WHY?"

"Hmm... Look, I'm not someone who makes rational decisions. I'm pretty clumsy," Lance says, remembering his sister's words along with Mash's statement."But you know, you may be clumsy, but you're also very kind. That's why I love you, and I'm sure Aishi does too!"

"Heh." Lance lowers his head before walking towards Mash. "Killjoy, I'm out of here, like I said, let's call it quits." Lance then passes by Mash but stops and turns around."But, I made a bet with you." Lance then tosses a silver coin to Mash. "There you go." Mash catches it and looks at the coin before watching the boy walk away."I wonder what would've happened if we had fought for real," Mash says before having his legs grabbed by Finn, who is crying.

"Thank you so much, Mash! I was so scared!!" "I KNEW YOU'D COME THROUGH FOR US!" Tom shouts as he approaches Mash. "Mash, I'll be straight to the point, I want to marry you! What kind of house do you want? I was thinking of that classic one with those doors..." Lemon says, smitten with Mash. "YOU'VE REALLY GRASPED THE ESSENCE OF THE BAMBOO!" Tom says, while Finn just cries at Mash's feet.

Mash watches Lance walk away without even looking back."I feel like I'm forgetting something..." Mash mutters to himself, but thinks about how Lance isn't all bad, just as he also should have opened the jar once the academy was over.