EP.25

There are 3 dormitories at the Easton School of Magic, and students are assigned to them based on their characteristics...

ADLER: Courage and conviction.
ORCA: Wisdom and readiness.
LANG: Skills and ambition.

The rivalry between the 3 dormitories is strong, as students often embrace the principles of their dormitory, leading to a friendly rivalry that is always present.In the Adler dormitory, Mash and Finn reside in room 302. Mash gazes at his silver coin. "So five silver coins make one gold coin," Mash begins counting on his fingers.

"Let's see... five minus two, that leaves only 28," Mash calculates aloud.
"But it's because five minus two equals three," Finn corrects Mash, who simply turns his gaze from the coin to Finn."Is this a trick question?"

"NO, THERE'S NO TRICK TO THE QUESTION!" Finn says, slamming his hands on the table and looking at Mash."So you're saying I'm dense?"

"I guess... that's about right," Finn says, already sighing, while Mash places his silver coin on the table, sighing and looking out the window."There's nothing to do, and it's so quiet here," Finn agrees, also looking out the window."Yeah, true," Mash responds.

"WAIT, THERE IS! WE HAVE HOMEWORK!!" Finn shouts desperately, while Mash maintains his usual expression."Oh, really?" Mash asks, observing his friend's freakout.

"NOW WE'RE SCREWED!! I FORGOT ABOUT IT!! IF WE DON'T TURN IN THE POTION ASSIGNMENT!! WE'LL LOSE SO MANY POINTS WE'LL GET EXPELLED!!!" Finn shouts desperately but is stopped when he feels a hand on his shoulder, Mash's hand holding a profiterole."Want one?" Mash asks before Finn shouts again."THIS ISN'T THE TIME TO EAT!!""My bad," Mash says, now also entering panic mode and mimicking Finn in his act of despair, as if he were pulling at his hair but not actually touching it."AAAAAHHHH! HOW ARE WE GOING TO DO THIS IN TIME??"

"Then I told him that he was being selfish over a carrot -" you say as you enter the room and see Finn and Mash in distress."You haven't finished yet?" Lance says, appearing beside you as he enters the room."LANCE?! (Name)?!" Finn says, shocked."Oh, the lolicon," Mash says, realizing who it was, Lance entering with you behind."She's my sister," Lance says, referring to the pendant.

"But you said the other one was—" Mash is interrupted as Lance approaches and speaks."You two aren't doing anything worthwhile, you both are the epitome of sloppiness," Lance says.

"Don't talk to them like that, Lance," you say, elbowing the boy's arm."But wait, have you finished yours?" Finn asks, looking at both of you."Of course I have, I'm more responsible than you guys.""I should have expected that from the top student in our class, Lance is impeccable," 

"We're not going to help them!" Mash strides forward, heading towards Lance."Guys like you two are going to ruin Adler House's reputation, you should be ashamed," Lance says as Mash takes Lance's pendant."Um, Mash?" Finn asks, watching the scene, while you walk over to stand beside Finn. Mash opens the pendant in front of Lance, causing a glow to emanate from inside.

Lance's eyes widen as he sees the photos inside the pendant. He remains silent for a while before throwing himself against the wall."HOW COULD THIS BE?! DID HE FLY INTO THE WALL ON HIS OWN?!" Finn asks, looking surprised at the turn of events. Lance coughs up blood while still staring at the contents of the pendant."Oh, my precious ones, imposing your clear light upon my weak eyes without warning! It is my destiny to succumb to this endless warmth, with the embrace of my beloved in my final breaths," Lance departs without regrets.

Finn thinks to himself, watching Lance on the ground, "Is he trying to act out some play?!"

(Don't forget to vote, so I can know if you're really enjoying the book.)