EP.01

"It really seems like there's no way around it, no other option but to enroll you in this school

"It really seems like there's no way around it, no other option but to enroll you in this school. I hope you won't disappoint me; the least I can expect from you is to have become a divine visionary. I hope you understand."

Those were the last words from your father when you found out you were going to the prestigious Easton School of Magic, bringing us to the current moment. You stand in the midst of a field, surrounded by a bunch of boys and girls, swaying back and forth in sheer boredom. I mean, you didn't even want to be here, but if it means being away from home, why not? Maybe you should give it a shot.

"Did they release a new volume of my favorite light novel?" You think to yourself as you gaze at the sky, rocking back and forth, before feeling a pair of eyes behind you, as if staring right at you. Turning your head, you see someone you were already expecting to find.  

"Oh, hey Lance!" You turn around, now facing the boy with blue hair. "I thought you wouldn't come to this school. Knowing you, you'd probably show your claws to your parents and lock yourself in your room just to avoid setting foot here," Lance says, stepping away from the tree and now walking towards you, locking eyes with your childhood friend. You cross your arms.

"I could have done that, but I think I'll give it a shot. If it means staying away from home."

"I never really understood your family thing," Lance asserts, sighing, while you just shrug. Looking over your shoulder, you see something in the midst of the crowd. Moving away from Lance, you walk towards that group.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?!" Lance shouts when he notices you distancing yourself."Be right back, real quick!" You say, walking away without listening to what the boy says. Meanwhile, you focus on what seems to be a guy lifting weights."Weird, but strangely interesting," you think as you watch the boy, who is now reading a book while sitting in mid-air.

Suddenly, your attention is drawn upwards to someone, a professor, who begins to speak. "Greetings, welcome to Easton Academy of Magic. I'll be overseeing this examination. My name is Claude Lucci."

The students then begin to talk among themselves, even praising the man. You can't help but think, "Is that banana hair of his real?" as you hear students say, "He was elected the 7th revelation mage of the year." You see the professor swell with pride, and you make a slight grimace at the man's arrogance.

"He must be feeling really hot after coming out of all that fire," you hear the weightlifting guy say. You look at him as he speaks, then shift your gaze to the professor, your expression dropping for a few seconds.

"Now let's begin the first exam, please take a seat," the professor says, but you look around and see nothing. Soon, the ground starts shaking, and some desks rise from the earth. Papers above in the sky fall along with feathers."Could have taken us to a ready-made room," the black-haired guy speaks again, making you smile before redirecting your attention to sit at one of the tables with a chair.Holding the paper, you see the various words moving. Letting out a tired sigh, you pull out your wand from your sleeve and point it at the paper. "Alignmatus," you say, and some words start aligning, except a few that refuse to obey. This makes you smile mischievously as you whisper, "You better listen to my spell; I'd hate to burn you all," and all the words comply with the spell, aligning themselves.After the alignment, you let the wand fall, tucking it back into your sleeve. Taking the quill, you start answering the test without any issues.Unaware that someone is staring at you, you finish and put the quill down. Getting up, you go towards the professor and hand over the paper.

After a few more exams, you become more impressed by the mushroom-haired boy. That is until the professor says, "This is the next test!" Walls of grass then grow, creating a labyrinth.