EP.26

After the incident, the group found themselves in the kitchen. Lance was rummaging through the countertop cabinets."You'll need this for the task," he said.

"What was all that drama about just now?" Finn wondered to himself as he stared at the boy with light blue hair."A Mandrake," Lance said, pulling out a plant that was screaming and crying."If you make it stop crying, it'll become the key ingredient for the potions."

"Oh, that magic stuff," you and Finn stared at Mash as Finn shouted."YOU DO KNOW THIS IS A SCHOOL OF MAGIC, RIGHT?"

Lance then placed the Mandrake on the kitchen counter and took out his wand. "I'll show you how it's done. QUIENTUS!" The Mandrake, which was previously screaming and crying, began to quiet down until it finally fell asleep. "Now it's your turn to try," Lance instructed.

You stood beside Lance as Finn stepped forward, heading toward the Mandrake. He pointed his wand at the Mandrake and repeated the spell Lance had shown. "QUIENTUS!" The Mandrake continued to cry as Finn tried the spell again. "QUIENTUS!" Finn attempted once more, but it didn't work, and the Mandrake continued to cry.

"I can't seem to make it stop screaming," Finn says, feeling a bit disheartened by his inability to cast the spell."Finn, your center of gravity is off. You need basic training," Mash approaches the Mandrake and points his wand at it."QUIENTUS!" But the Mandrake screams and cries even louder, its face appearing demonic.

"My ears are begging for mercy." you think, breaking into a cold sweat as you look at the plant that Mash tried the spell on."I think he just made it worse, it even dilated the pupils!" Finn thinks, shocked, as he looks at Mash.

"Finn, you need to focus on your magic," you say, looking at the boy who now snaps back to reality. "Oh, right!""Let me help you," you approach the boy, standing behind Finn. You hold Finn's hand, resting your head on his shoulder, and guiding his hand that was pointing the wand at the Mandrake.Lance watches the situation, noticing a slight blush forming on Finn's cheeks. "Just imagine a calm-" You're swiftly pulled back by the collar of your shirt and jacket, yanked away from behind Finn. Lance drags you away, almost shoving you.

"Blegh!" You bite your tongue as you look at Lance, who almost let you fall. "You jerk--" Lance doesn't care and instead interrupts you, looking at Finn and taking his own wand."Visualize a calming spell and release the magic through your wand.""O-okay," Finn says, now looking at the Mandrake.

"Nice and easy, there you go," Lance says as he watches Finn cast his magic, and the Mandrake finally falls asleep."I did it! Did you see that, (Name)? Lance? I really did it!" Finn says joyfully, his cheeks slightly pink with excitement."Congratulations, Finn!" you say, approaching the boy and looking at him with joy. "He looks so cute, like a little bunny."

"Of course, even a slacker like you can manage that," Lance says seriously."How rude, Lance!" you say, looking at Lance while placing your hands on your hips."T-thank you," Finn says, turning to look at Lance."Lance is really good at taking care of others.""I won't let you take what's mine," Lance seems to have other thoughts.
"Wait... what about Mash?" Finn turns his head to look at Mash, who has his huge Mandrake swinging its arms angrily, hitting the ceiling."Cool!" you exclaim, looking at Mash's Mandrake.

"THAT'S NOT COOL! HIS PLANT WENT BERSERK!" Finn thinks as he looks at you and then at Mash, startled.But it seems the problem is resolved when Mash jumps up and slaps his huge Mandrake, causing it to spit blood and collapse unconscious on the ground."I did it."

"Do you really think that?!" Finn thinks.