You Can Run If You Wanna

"Gerard it has been two years since Bert left, let's go out and you might be able to meet someone" Mikey said as he looked through Gerard's closet.

Gerard shook his head "but what if Bandit doesn't like him, what if he leaves, what if he finds out I have a kid and he doesn't want me"

Mikey rolled his eyes "shut up Gerard, why don't you get laid at the least" he said making himself gag "oh god I don't even wanna think about that"

Gerard rolled his eyes "then why did you say it" Mikey shrugged "I don't know, anyway you're not getting out of this I called a baby sitter for you so you're going"

******

Gerard, Mikey, Ray and Pete went out for drinks and after a hour Gerard started to worry about his daughter.

"Gerard, Bandit will be fine, just let loose" Ray said making Gerard sigh "no one here is gonna want me" Gerard said making Pete chuckle "then why is that guy as the bar staring at you"

Gerard turned around to see a man with loads of tattoos and fluffy brown hair looking away as he had been caught staring.

Gerard gulped "I dunno guys"

Ray pushed Gerard out of the booth "go over and talk to him" he said sternly making Gerard sigh and walk over.

When he sat down next to the man he started to find himself growing nervous, it had been years since he had done this.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable with my staring" a voice said making Gerard jump.

The man chuckled "and I'm sorry for scaring you"

Gerard smiled shyly "it's ok, I-I'm really flattered to be honest"

The man smiled "I'm Frank" he said softly making Gerard turn to him "I'm Gerard"

Frank smiled "that's a nice name, I don't think I've ever met someone called Gerard" he said making Gerard blush.

Frank cleared his throat before leaning a little closer "would you like a drink"

Gerard nods his head and grinned softly.

******

Frank had Gerard pressed against the wall as he fumbled for his keys but before he could get the door open the baby sitter had just opened the door "oh hello Gerard, uh Bandit is asleep, you can just pay me in the morning" she said awkwardly as he left.

Frank didn't question who she was or why she was here so he pulled Gerard into the house and shut the door before pressing him against the wall.

Gerard's arms wrapped around Franks shoulders as their lips moved sloppily together.

Frank pulled his jacket off before pulling away and taking his shirt off, Gerard's eyes wandered over Franks tattooed chest and bites his lip "you like what you see"

Gerard nods his head before pressing his lips against Franks again, as Frank pulled Gerard's shirt up slightly he pulled away "wait" Gerard whispered.

Frank stopped straight away and put his hands on Gerard's biceps "is everything ok"

Gerard gulped "I-I can't do this" he whispered, Frank nods his head in understanding "can I ask why"

Gerard bites his lip before taking his shoes off "follow me and be quiet"

They make their way through the small house until they were outside Bandits bedroom door, Gerard opened it slowly and stepped inside, Frank poked his head around the door frame before his eyes soften as he saw the small girl.

Gerard went over and pulled the covers over her shoulder, he smiled and kissed her head softly before leaving the room.

When Gerard shut the door he looked at Frank sadly "y-you can leave if you want"

Frank smiled and shook his head "now why would I do that" he asked as he took Gerard's hand in his.

Gerard pulled Frank through the house and into his bedroom, Frank chuckled "hey, you didn't answer my question"

Gerard chuckled a little "sorry, I uh just thought ya know you're looking for a hook up but I can't with my kid here, besides I've been single for two years and I was looking for more than just a hook up" he said as he sat down on the bed.

Frank sat down next to him and smiled "I thought you were wanting to just hook up but if you want more then I'd happily take you on a date" he said making Gerard look at him on confusion "but I have a kid"

Frank shrugged "so what, I'd still date you" he said making Gerard smile "I'm sorry to just put all this on you at once, we only met like a couple hours ago"

Frank shook his head "no no, it's alright, can I ask what happened to her mother"

Gerard chuckled "I'm gay as fuck, me and my husband, well we had been married for around a year until we adopted Bandit, after a year and a half Bert just disappeared and I was so worried about him, he changed his number and none of his friends or family liked me so they didn't give me any answers, Bandit was only 6 and she kept asking questions but I couldn't give her the answer" he said before taking a deep breath, Frank put his arm around Gerard shoulders and pulled him closer.

Gerard takes another deep breath before he carried on "I finally got my answer 4 months later when the divorce papers came in the mail" he whispered, Frank closed his eyes and took Gerard's hand in his "I'm sorry Gerard"

Gerard shook his head "it was two years ago anyway, I'm over it but tonight was the first time I went out in two years, I was scared I couldn't find anyone, scared I could never find love again and I was scared that once they found out about Bandit they'd run, that's why I said you could leave if you wanted to"

Frank smiled and pressed his lips against Gerard's "well, maybe tomorrow or something I can take you out to breakfast and we can get to know each other better" Frank said making Gerard smile "I'd like that very much"

*1 year later*

"Bye dad" Bandit said as he hugged Frank tight, the tattooed man smiled widely before she let go and got into Franks moms car "bye sweetie"

When they drive away Frank watched them drive around the corner, Gerard's hand laid on Franks shoulder as he smiled "did you hear that" Frank whispered as he held his hand to his chest.

Gerard pressed kisses onto Franks neck "yeah, the sound of your moms car driving away do we get a week to ourselves" Gerard teased making Frank turn around and smack him in the arm softly "no asshole, she called me dad"

Gerard hugged Frank tight "I know she did baby, I'm so happy for you" he said as Frank hugged Gerard tight.