LOKI IMAGINES

By retrolokii

Title says it all. Requests are very much open just comment or dm pls and thanks ‹3 [ON GOING] May contain ot... More

Midsummer in Valhalla
Dance With Me
Call Me A Thief
Paper Rings
In The Wee Hours of the Morning
Oh Dearest, Your Fangs Are Showing.
Publicist Problems
Oh, Hello Doctor.
Where Am I? (Harry Potter x MCU AU)
England (Part 1)
England (Part 2)
England (Part 3)
Ghost Hunting (Unsolved x Crimson Peak)
Loki of Norway
Quarantine with Loki (Days 1-2)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 3-4)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 5-6)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 7-8)
Cabin in The Woods
Cabin in the Woods (Part 2)
So, We Meet Again...
Trickster's Surprise
Alfheim's Finest
Time Travelling's a Bitch
Hello, Neighbor!
Stay, You Fool.
Alfheim's Finest (Part 2): Picnic Day!
The Night Before
Ladies of The Court
Accidental Pen Pals
Dancing in the Moonlight
Emergency Healer
Heart of The Woods
Something New (Capt. James Conrad x Reader)
I Guess We're A Good Team After All
I'm Here.
Sleipnir's Arrival
Meeting The Family
Cold Mornings
Oh, Cupid.
You Wound Me
Assumptions
Finally Free (Thomas Sharpe x Reader)
In Safe Hands
Come and Get Me
In Safe Hands (Part 2)
Secret Santa
Palace Libraries
Cheers to Victory
Run to Me, Baby.
Time Capsule
Did Somebody Call For Agent Loki? - Part 1
Did Someone Call For Agent Loki? - Part 2
Did Someone Call for Agent Loki? - Part 3
I'm Not Actually A Vampire!
Don't You Dare Die On Me
Bloodthirsty
Sinister Kid
Sparks Fly
Dead Men Tell No Tales (or do they?)
Halloween Special!
Royal Pain in The Ass
Royal Pain in The Ass - Part 2
Royal Pain in The Ass - Part 3
Nights are Better with You
You're Just as Strong as Me
I Love You (Against My Better Judgement)
Much Ado About Nothing
The Pirate and The Prince
Heaven Be Damned (I Have You)
Better Unknown
It Will Come Back
You're So Warm
I Can't Bear to Lose You
I Like You Better (Than Him)
Bets On. Clothes Off (Well, Almost).
Is This A Date?
My Love Mine All Mine
Hate It When You Do That
When Death Gives You An Out (You Take It)
Peace and Quiet, At Least For a Moment.
Peace and Quiet, Now Until Forever
What You Taste Like [SMUT]
What You See
A Ballad of Vicious Mockery
A Ballad of Reluctant Affections
A Ballad of Hope and Promises
At The End of Time
Until I Am Enough
Like Real People Do

Perfectly Mischievous

2K 50 20
By retrolokii

Inspired by Pride and Prejudice
.
.
.
.
....Again
.
.
.
.
This one is a tad long so please strap yourselves in
.
.
.
.
This is your first dress:

Balls are often the most convenient gathering for men and women alike. This is where you'd meet acquaintances, perhaps catch up with a distant relative, dance with old friends and maybe even meet the love of your life.

Thor Odinson, the heir, now owner of Ashwood hall, took this opportunity to host one himself. He was fairly new in the area, his father, Odin rarely let them visit this property of theirs. He and his younger brother, Loki grew up in Norway, studying in international schools and often having English governesses. They are both handsome young men, talented in combat and well-versed in etiquette. Although, Loki was the smarter of the two, when Thor would go and hunt in the wild, Loki would lay in the library and drown himself in books.

All were invited to come to Ashwood hall, Thor did not mind if some guests were working classes or fellow trust fund babies like him. He merely wanted to be acquainted with as much people as possible. 

Somewhere across the lake, where you resided, excited screams of your aunt can be heard. You can only guess that this is about Sir Thor's open invitation. She looked incredibly happy while ridding the cupboards of week-old dust, she hummed to herself as she baked pie, sang the poems and sonnets of Shakespeare in her spare time. You get the gist. 

Of course, you already predicted that she would coax you into going. 

Perhaps it's a habit of middle-aged married women to play matchmaker and drag every young lady and gentleman to a ball to be married off by the end of the event. It almost seemed like a competition as to how many couples you've managed to pair. It's entertaining to an extent, that is if you're not roped into their gimmick.

That's what happened to you.

You stand there in the Sir Thor's mansion, all done up, alone, now that your aunt has left you to drink champagne with her old friends. Your being alone didn't last long since you spotted one of your friends, Georgiana. She stood there, listening to a conversation between two men and you could only guess they were talking about war or new machines, and so you took it upon yourself to save her from any more listening.

“Oh, thank you,” Georgiana dramatically sighed when you've walked far enough not to be heard. “You just saved my life.”

“You looked like you wanted to grimace so bad.” you replied, chuckling.

“For all you know I wanted to strangle them,” she said. “Why do men always talk about war and fighting? Why can't they discuss topics like poetry or art or architecture? Do they not appreciate such forms of expression and creativity?”

“Well, perhaps it is too complex for some of them to understand.”

Some.” Your friend quirked an eyebrow to emphasize your words.

“Yes, some. Because I truly believe that there are men out there who adore such beauties. I think intelligent men are more likely to do so.”

“Hm. I think you're quite right. Let us hope we come across intelligent men tonight, or I'll lose my mind.” Georgiana chuckled and directed the both of you into the main ballroom. Your eyes and mouth visibly widened in shock. It was beautiful. It looked so magnificent. The room was large and the walls were decorated with gold accents and Renaissance paintings.

The music ended triumphantly, the dancers followed it by clapping loudly and bowing to their partners. A moment of chatter began before the band played another waltz, some dancers remained while some left to go get drinks.

“The things I'd do to marry a rich man.” said your friend, looking at the scene dreamily.

“You're already rich, Georgiana.” you replied.

“Not like this,” she said and grabbed your hand once more. “Come, I must introduce you to the brothers.”

“The ones who own this estate?”

“Precisely.”

Oh God.

It was terribly convenient that the two brothers in question were standing together, although not caught up in conversation but rather watching all the couples on the dancefloor. Thor bore a happy and pleased smile on his tanned face while Loki stood with an entirely indifferent look to him.

Georgiana walked up to them politely, with you just watching from behind. You saw Thor oblige and so your friend grabbed your arm so that you stood beside her. She told them your name and where you hail from. You curtsied with a shy and intimidated look on your face.

“Good evening Sirs.” you greeted.

“Good evening, madam,” Thor replied, he was taller than Loki, so much blonder too. “How are you liking it so far? Have you had the chance to dance yet?”

“Your mansion is gorgeous. You should be proud for inheriting such an estate, Sirs,” you told them eagerly. “Although I haven't the chance to be on the dance floor yet, I have just arrived and no gentleman has asked me yet.”

“That is unbelievable. Wouldn't you think so, Loki?”

“Hm? Quite.” Loki replied blankly, distracted by his own drink. He hasn't looked at you since Georgiana has introduced you.

“Have you had the chance to dance yet, Miss Georgiana?” Thor asked your companion.

“No, not yet. I was caught up in conversation all night long and it seemed I made no one curious enough to pull me away to the dance floor.” Georgiana replied.

“Then we all shall dance together!” Thor declared happily. “I shall dance with Miss Georgiana first, and Loki shall dance with you first, then we switch? How does that sound?”

“Good. Very good.” You nodded.

“Why don't we get ourselves a drink while we wait for the next dance?” Georgiana asked you.

“Sure.” you answered and you let her whisk you away towards the tall pyramid of champagne glasses.

Thor looked to his younger brother pleasantly, still a smile plastered on his face. Loki ignored him and drank the last sip of his beverage.

“You're practically biting your tongue. What is it Thor?” Loki asked, annoyed.

“They are quite beautiful are they not?”

“I suppose.”

“What did you think of Miss Georgiana's companion? She seemed very agreeable and well mannered.” Thor said.

“Yes, agreeable, I daresay. Although not handsome enough to tempt me.” Loki replied in a rush, not looking at his brother.

“What about Miss Georgiana herself?”

“Less agreeable than her companion, if I'm being honest. She seems too eager.”

“You are too hard on them, dear brother. Why can't you just say they're pretty and polite?” Thor complained and downed his drink in one go.

Loki smirked at the fact he was annoying Thor.“You can never count on me to be a people pleaser, brother. I thought you already knew that.”

“One can never stop hoping, Loki.”

“You have hoped for too long, I have let you down again. I think there are times when you should stop hoping.” Loki said in a “matter-of-fact” way.

“What of the times where you shouldn't?” Thor asked curiously. Loki's eyes found your form as Thor asked the question. He couldn't speak for a second but quickly reminded himself to reply to his brother.

“Perhaps when there are signs that could signify that your hope is not lost. For instance, I did not stop hoping to get into my chosen university to study literature because of obviously factors. We are rich and able, I am intelligent, et cetera. But if there are absolutely no factors that could signify victory, then I think you should give up altogether.”

“Always so pessimistic, dear brother.” Thor shook his head. “What of love?”

“What of it?” Loki quirked an ebony eyebrow.

“Should you hope for love?”

“I personally wouldn't. But it seems to me that love and courtship is entirely subjective so I really cannot give an educated opinion.” Loki answered.

“So, would you say that you will marry someone even if it means you are not in love with them?”

“Heavens, no. Even if we are on good terms, I can never survive spending my life with someone I don't love. To have children from a unity that was not founded on a foundation of love is pointless. That would be torture, for me, my wife and my hypothetical children.”

“You confuse me, brother. You said you wouldn't hope for love and yet you you can't picture yourself in a loveless marriage.” said Thor, still with a curious look to him.

“It's all circumstantial to me. If love comes, then love comes. If it doesn't, then it doesn't. I think it is more clear to say that I do not actively seek for love.”

“Perhaps because love has already come.” Thor replied cheekily to his younger brother before turning to you and your friend with a beaming smile. Loki nearly choked but composed himself quickly to face the two of you.

Thor offered Georgiana his hand as the previous batch of dancers exit the floor. You stood awkwardly next to Loki for a moment before he offered you his hand as well. They were cold, you thought. Almost unnaturally so, you would have grown worried if you hadn't seen him holding a chilled glass of his chosen beverage moments ago, so you thought nothing of it.

He barely looked into your eye before the music began, and when he did, they looked so apprehensive. What sort of effect did you have in him? Were you repulsive? Was he bashful? Is he engaged?

“Do you like dancing, Sir Loki?” you asked him pleasantly.

“No.”

“Well you are very talented for someone who doesn't like dancing.” you continued, a little wounded.

“Please, madam. You are too kind. Do you share the same sentiment as I?” Loki surprised himself to keep the conversation going.

“Not exactly. I fancy a good dance, but only when my partner is tolerable. Don't worry, Sir Loki, you have shown me no reason to seem disagreeable.”

Why pay him so much compliments, you do not know. Loki was a little bit surprise at your being forward. He complained of Georgiana for being too eager, but your eagerness wasn't quite like hers. It was the pleasant type, the one where you make people feel good about themselves without trying. You were supportive to a fault it seemed.

“Do you always pay strangers this many compliments?” Loki asked in a teasing tone.

“You sound like you're jesting but really, I was not aware my words were compliments. As I thought a gentleman of your caliber already knew of those facts.”

“'A gentleman of your caliber' would you be so kind as to explain what you meant by that?” Loki asked you.

“Well you are a wealthy man, a handsome one too. I would think that the ladies gawk at you every moment of the day. Therefore feeding your ego, making you more confident of your status.”

“Ah. But you mistake me, my dear. The ladies do not gawk at me if my brother Thor is present beside me. They prefer him because of his ruggedness and athleticism, I suppose. My ego however, is well fed.” Loki smirked at the end.

“Spare me, Sir Loki.” you told him.

“From what?” he asked innocently.

“I can see it in your eyes that you're going to ask me if I'd prefer to gawk at you or Thor.” you continued, a little bashful, still a smile was present on your face.

“Why? Do you have an answer?” Loki asked just when the dance ended.

“Well I shall have to sample both to muster up a conclusion, don't I?” you answered teasingly. “I shall get back to you with my answer.” You curtsied politely before switching places with Georgiana.
Truthfully, you didn't need to dance with Thor to make up your mind, for you already had an answer about half way through the dance. Loki looked positively awestruck and seemed to not notice your friend step in front of him until the music began.

“Pray, did you have a wonderful time with my brother?” Thor asked you when you began dancing.

“He was very pleasant and teasing.” you answered truthfully.

“Loki Odinson, pleasant. That is a first.” Thor replied, pleasantly surprised by your answer.

“Why? Is he horrid when there are no women around?” You jested.

Thor chuckled and shook his head. “No, he is never horrid. Loki, you see, is not the most social kind. His favorite place in this house is the library and often times, he'd lock the door so he would be alone. That is why I am happily surprised at how well he was around you.”

“Has he been quiet when dancing with other women?” you asked.

“He has not danced with a woman all night. You were his first dance. Now Georgiana, his second.”

“I see. I mean, he has told me he wasn't fond of dancing.”

“No, no he is not. He is not fond of hunting as well. I'll have you know he joined me once and never accompanied me again. Whenever I come home from a hunt I would find him either in the library, writing or under a tree, reading.” Thor told you.

“Then what is he fond of? Aside from reading, that is.” you asked.

“I would say to ask Loki himself but I am confident in my answer. He is very fond of causing mischief. Loki was a big pain when he was younger. He'd always prank me in every chance he gets. It was quite annoying for a while, but now looking back it seemed that that was his way of showing me that he cared for me as his brother. He's not the most open and affectionate, you see. Well if you exclude our mother. He loves her most of all.”

The music ended as you and Thor bowed politely not long after. Thor saw Loki staring at the two of you, not paying attention to anything Georgiana is saying. He smirked and waved at his brother.

“I think Loki has sensed us talking about him.” Thor jokingly told you.

Your lipped quirked up by the slightest, looking at Odin's younger in the eye. “Yes, I think he has.”

“Perhaps you should go to him to clear any misunderstandings.”

“Hm. Perhaps I should.” you replied before sauntering over to Loki and Georgiana who exited the dance floor. Your friend sensed something was of importance, therefore she excused herself shortly after your arrival.

“Are you not going to ask me my preference?” you asked him teasingly. Loki looked a lot stiffer now in comparison to when you were dancing with him.

“I fear I don't have to.” he said.

“Why not? Aren't you curious?”

“I am. But I figured your choice is clear as day.”

“Truly? You already knew I was going to choose you?”

Loki's focus wasn't a hundred percent fixed on you as he was trying to soften the blow of another rejection in competition to his brother, but now it definitely was. His eyebrows quickly shot up into his forehead as he tried to maintain his cool composure.

“Why, of course,” he said, gaining more confidence. “I am the more tolerable Odinson, am I not?” His charm had never been more evident now.

“So this is what you meant when you said your ego was well fed.” you jested.

“Shall we—” Loki began to speak but was quickly cut of by your aunt who insisted to leave immediately. You don't know how she managed to find you in the crowd, considering the fact that she smelled of champagne. You are also clueless as to why she's insisting to leave right now. She enjoyed balls and events so much. You can only guess that she's been in a heated fight with someone about something that stirred drama, then more drama to be brought up.

“I'm so sorry, Mr. Odinson. But my sweet niece and I must leave. One of your guests, whom I do not know the name of, has been more than disagreeable. We thank you for being such a wonderful host. And if you wish to converse with my ward again, you may send us a letter or visit our home. You are welcome whenever.” She grabbed your wrist and insisted you followed her through the crowd.

You barely had the chance to curtsy before Loki. You waved good bye to him miserably before disappearing into the crowd.

“Where has she gone?” Thor asked.

“Home.” Loki answered in a monotone voice.

“Ah. You shall visit her instead, I suppose.” Thor suggested.

“Why shall I visit her?”

“Because clearly,” Thor had to pause because he found his jest funny before even uttering it out loud. “She was handsome enough to tempt you.”

Loki eyes quickly flashed onto Thor, who was smiling like an idiot. He made no quip at his older brother's teasing remark.

“You will visit her?” Thor dropped his teasing facade, and his questioning tone was filled with more hope than curiosity.

“Yes.” Loki answered quietly, not meeting his older brother's eyes.

“Good.”

----------------

(dress for this scene)

The ball happened two days ago, you hoped to hear from Loki the day after the event but much to your dismay, no letter or visitor arrived. It's alright, you told yourself. He's a wealthy man, probably busy running a family business or donating money to unfortunate families.

“Why do you look so glum, dear?” your aunt asked when she found you staring longingly out the window.

“Do I? I'm sorry, I seem to have given the wrong impression. No, auntie. I merely look glum but really, I'm glad.” you told her with a small smile. I mean, it wasn't technically a lie. You were happy longing for that tall man with raven black hair with bright green eyes, the ones with blue around the pupil.

“That is good to hear, deary. I thought you were worrying about that fellow you were talking to.”

“I wasn't—”

“I know you're not. These romantic looking men never let a woman with such impact on them go freely. Even if he does not act upon his feelings, he surely will write a whole novel about you and he in a fictional world where you're happy together.” Your aunt left the room after speaking. It sort of left you stunned as to how much she knew. Was she observing you and Loki the whole evening?

You huffed moments after she left and decided to go out and get some fresh air to clear your mind and maybe lift your spirits. With a book in hand and a quick shout to your aunt, you were on your way to read under a century old tree, not far from your residence.

It was fairly early in the morning, just after breakfast time. So the sun was bright but not hot to the skin. It was also cool and breezy that day, which made your outdoor experience a lot more enjoyable.

As you were reading calmly under a tree, Loki was internally panicking for the second time today. He has actually put off visiting you because he didn't know what to do. He has written countless drafts of letters explaining what you were to him as well as invitations for dinner at the mansion. He has paced God knows how many steps in his study, thinking of ways on how to approach you properly. He was a mess.

“You're thinking too hard about this, brother.” Thor calmly said while Loki was pacing in front of him.

“Am I?” Loki replied in a sarcastic manner.

“She doesn't think you're horrid. If I were bold enough, I'd say she likes you. You don't have to worry, brother. Let us go horse riding to calm your nerves. You may visit her after our little activity.” Thor suggested as he clutched Loki's shoulder to guide him outside of the living room and into the stables. They both grabbed their hats and changed their dress shoes to boots, then they were off.

Your book in your hand wasn't particularly engaging. It was one to inform, not to make your imagination go wild. If you had known you were going to need much effort to drive your mind from Loki then you would have chosen "Othello" and read the fourth act. You closed it eventually, settling to admiring your surroundings instead.

The in-between period between summer and spring is truly wonderful. The flowers and trees are joyously dancing in the wind and yet the sun isn't scalding when there is no cloud present in the sky. It was lovely. You were completely taken on the flower beside you. It was a half-bloomed dandelion, the feathery white petals not quite in its full round form, so you opt not to blow on it and just let it be in nature for it to complete its cycle.

Your smile was quickly replaced with a panicked grimace when you saw two familiar forms in the distance.

“I think this is the part where I leave.” Thor uttered to Loki, who didn't give an answer.

Loki gulped and stepped down from his horse, making his way to you shortly.

You waited for this a day too long, why were you panicking? You should be glad. I mean, you are, but your nerves are slowly taking over that spark of joy in your heart. What were you going to say? What is he going to say? Has he come to say good bye? Oh God—

“I feel as if I should apologize.” said Loki.

“Whatever for?” you asked.

“I planned to visit you yesterday, you see. But I was too caught up in different affairs.” Those affairs being: writing so many drafts he ran out of parchment, trying and failing to choose a bouquet to send to your house, practicing his speech for you and etc.

“You're here. That's what matters,” you say, looking down at your frock. “If I had known we were going to meet today, I'd thrown on something nicer—”

“You look lovely.” Loki cut you off in a rush.

Your eyes helplessly met as awkward silence fell.

“Thank you,” you smiled at him. “Very fond of green.”

Loki chuckled yearningly, remembering the dress you wore at the night of the ball. “Yes, I had noticed.”

“I like your hat.” you said lightheartedly.

“I'm glad you do,” replied Loki and paused momentarily. “I've actually come to ask you something.”

“What is it? Another dance?” you teased.

“No, no,” Loki shook his head. “Will you dine with us down in Ashwood?” he asked, but that was not the true question he wanted to ask.

“Yes, of course,” you smiled brightly. “That is so very kind of you to invite me, Sir Loki.”

“Oh please, it's practically nothing,” he brushed it off. “I've also come to ask you another question.”

“Alright. What is it?” you asked politely.

“It was not easy listening to Thor's teasing remarks during the ball and I fear if I asked you this question, the jests and jokes will never stop. Nevertheless, that is merely a small sacrifice as to what I should hope to gain by the end of this conversation. I will be frank when I say that I have not stopped thinking about you since the night we met. Your kind and clever disposition has allured me more than I could ever imagined. And because of that, I wish, I pray to know more of your mind, your spirit— just— you, more. Will you permit me to court you?”

Loki's little speech has stunned you in the most pleasant way possible. Why did he sound so terrified when he was declaring his affections? Does he not know that you favoured him then and there when you were dancing. You specially liked him more when Thor began speaking about him. He was mischievous and mysterious, and so you long to find out more things about this beautiful creature named Loki.

You realized it has been quite some time since the air was filled with conversation and Loki was growing worried you rejected him.

“I am only asking. If you do not feel the same way then—”

“Yes. You may court me,” you told him hurriedly, smiling dumbly afterwards. “You are stupid to think that I would reject you.” you laughed.

Loki huffed a breath of relief.

“There is no need to be terrified, Loki. It is only me.” you joked.

“That is precisely why I am terrified. I am afraid I might disappoint you.” he confessed and it moved you to hold his hand.

“You could never disappoint me, Loki. You are far too precious to me.”

“Then I shall try my best to know you mind, body, and soul. I shall memorize you like a beautifully tragic sonnet.” He pulled your hand gently up to his lips to kiss the back of it softly, trailing his lips to your fingers too.

“And I you, Loki. You in all your mischievous perfection.”

You stuck to your word. In all of the days that came, he still was,

Your mischievous perfection.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.5K 1.6K 19
ABUSE, VIOLENCE, TORTURE, GORE, SA(R too), DV tbh Honestly, I don't recommend this book to people, but people like it and think I should keep it. So...
9.3K 397 9
He lived a life of lies, injustice, and neglect. He made gruesome mistakes. He was used, tortured, manipulated. But, sure, the God of Mischief can st...
67.3K 1.5K 27
You are the newest, and youngest, member of the Avengers. You love being on the team, but it comes with its challenges. Almost every night you find y...
10.7K 251 25
Warning : If you're homophobic skip ... If you're not +18 skip ... If you're uncomfortable with self harm skip ... If you're uncomfortable with menta...