~The Blind Water Bender~

By all-things-Strange

Cara the only blind water bender was frozen in the ice with Aang. All her life Cara was treated as if she wou... More

prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fithteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eightteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter Twenty Four

2K 64 50
By all-things-Strange

The Gaang had stopped off to camp for the night after a long day of traveling, as they were setting up camp, a meteor shower started, getting their attention, well, three of them, the two that are blind just laid side by side each other, holding one another.

Instead of Toph cuddling up to Cara, it was the opposite, Toph was holding Cara close while the others just kept saying how beautiful the shooting stars were "wow, this is amazing to watch" Katara said in wonderment.

"kind of makes you realise how insignificant we are" Sokka added, the two blind girls just rolled their eyes "eh, you've seen nothing once, you've seen it 1000 times" Toph said as she leaned her head on Cara's head but their moment was interrupted by some woos and awws from the non blind people in their group "you've never not seen anything like this" Sokka said almost shocked as a meteor flew by them and crash landed into a field creating a big explosion.

The Gaang quickly got on Appa and flew over to the meteor and saw it had created a big fire that was spreading "the firebis gonna destroy that town" Katara said as they approached the crash sight "not if we can help it" Aang said as Appa landed the Sokka, Aang and Toph got off of Appa while Cara and Katara stayed on "there's a creek over there, me and Cara will bend the water on to the fire" Katara said and the two flew to creek.

They both started collecting water untill they couldn't collect anymore, they spredded it over the fire and the little they had left, was given to Anag, who created a wave of water, going from one intense temperature to another, caused snow to fall in the area.

"good work, everyone" Aang said smiling, Sokka just sighed as the group decided to go into the town for some food, when they found a place to eat it was light out and they were talking about the meteor.

"these people have no idea how close they were to getting toasted last night" Aang said as he sat at the table "yeah, the worst thing about being in disguise is that we don't get the hero worship anymore, I miss the love" Toph said sadly, Cara did a pouty face that Aang and Katara thought was cute "is my love not enough your worship" she said in a fake sad tone, Toph's eyes widened "no, I mean yes, I mean" Toph got cut off by Sokka "boo-hoo, poor heros" he said in a monotone voice.

"what's your problem?, you haven't even touched your smoked sea slug" Katara said holding up the plate the slug was on " it's just all you guys can do this awesome bending like putting out forest fires and flying around and making other stuff flying around, I can't fly around, ok? I can't do anything" he said with a sigh.

Cara thought for a moment that she could wind Toph up with her little sad act about not giving enough love to her "that's not true" Katara said.

"yeah, you can give enough love to people, which is something I don't do apparently" Cara said in a fakeish angry tone, Toph just shrunk in her seat, thinking she upset Cara "besides that, nobody can read a map like you" Katara said taking the convention away from a possibly fight between the two blind girls.

"yeah, me and Toph can't read at all, I tried to before but I just couldn't see the point" Cara joked trying to get a laugh out of Sokka but it didn't work "who's the one who keeps us laughing with sarcastic comments all the time, I mean look at Katara's hair, right? What's up with that?" he asked but Katara quickly grabbed her hair and held it close to her as she blushed in embarrassment "what's wrong with my hair?" she asked timidly as Aang tried to explain himself.

"look, I appreciate the effort, but the fact is each of you is so amazing and so special, and I'm..... Not" He said sadly as he leaned back placing both his hands on the ground for support "I'm just the guy in the group who's regular" Katara walked up to her brother and sat down next to him, while the other three were left at the table.

Cara could sense that Toph was sad about the whole she might of upset her situation and the water bender lightly grabbed her hand, causing Toph to tense up but gentle hold it "I'm not sad or anything, I was just playing a joke" Cara said lowly in Toph's ear.

It sent shivers up her spine making her feel all tingly "I could never be mad at you" Cara said as she gave Toph a light kiss on the cheek "well not for long anyway" Cara added with a giggle, Toph smiled devilishly a she leaned closer to Cara's ear and whispered "I'm gonna make you pay" she said causing Cara to go insanely red and shiver a little as Katara came back to the table "come on you three" she said a she dragged her brother with her, the others looked at each other before getting up and following them.

Katara took them to a weapon shop and soon as Sokka realised he was going shopping he clapped "shopping" he said excitendly and ran to the nearest thing, Toph and Cara followed as he grabbed a pair of nun chucks "hey, how about a these?" he said as he started swinging then around but hit his head causing him to fall over along with many other pointy objects, Cara went up to him "I think you should put them back now Kung Fu Fire panda" she said with a laugh.

Sokka just raised one hand with one finger pointed up "I reject to the fire panda" he said before getting up and putting them back, he tried many weapons but didn't find one to his needs, untill he said a sword and went up to it "now that's what Sokka's talking about" he said feeling the sword.

"that's an original from Piandao the greatest sword master and sword maker in fire nation history" The shop owner said as Sokka still stared at the sword "he lives in the big castle up the road from here" he added before leaving.

Aang's face suddenly brightened "that's it, that's what you needed all along, Sokka" he said excitedly Cara got what he was meaning as the idea clicked in her head to "a sword?" Sokka said asked "no, you need a master, all of us have had some sort or master to help us get better, maybe this panda guy can help you" Cara smiled at Sokka.

"that's a great idea" Katara said brightly "I could've never gotten to where I am without master Pakku, everyone needs a teacher" Katara added.

"I learned from badger moles, they don't talk but there still good teachers" Toph said staring at the ground like she usually did, as Sokka took out the sword from its holder and looked at it to see his reflection in the metal "it would be nice to be a master sword fighter" he then put the sword back in its holder and placed it on the wall "all right, I'll go talk to him" Sokka said as the gaang left the shop.

They went back to their camp while the Sokka went to master Piandao, the others started by laying down on the ground, Cara and Toph layed next to each other, their arms crossed as they held each others hand and the sides of their heads touching.

"what should we do today?" Aang asked, he was layed on the ground in a star shape as he looked at the sky "I'm tapped out" Toph said "I already picked my toes, twice" she added Aang's head turned in surprise "twice?" he asked.

"The first time was for cleaning but the second times just for the sweet picking Sensation" Toph explained as she leaned more into Cara, placing her head on the water benders chest "Skittles is the one who's been in charge of the schedule, I'm surprised we had enough time to stay here to be honest" Cara said.

"yeah, I'm not sure what we can do" Katara added "plus it's so hot today" Toph said as she began to pick her nose, but Cara stopped her by taking Toph's hand away form her face and placing on the ground, she heard a small groan come from the earth bender which made her laugh.

"how hot is it?" Aang asked with a smiled, hoping for someone to make a joke "I don't know, real hot" Toph said making Aang frown a bit "it's so hot, it's so hot" Katara began and looked around to see Momo "that Momo is shedding like Appa" she said with a smile as she stroked Momo just for some of his hair to fall out.

"leave the jokes to me and Skittles, they obviously don't run in the family" Cara said and Katara rolled her eyes "oh, everyone's a critic" she said bluntly.

"when it comes to those grandma jokes, yeah" Cara said making Toph and Aang laugh a little, still laying on the ground, they did did just that for the next hour or two.

"so where are we going next?" Katara asked looking at the map and then pointed somewhere "we're starting from here" but Aang objected "no, we're over on this island"

Toph the layed down next to Cara using her hands as a comfortable pillow "you noodle-brains don't know what you're doing, I miss Sokka" she said sadly, Katara then had another idea for a terrible joke "ooh, I got one, if you miss him so much, why don't you marry him?" she smiled but Toph just turned over into Cara and held onto her, Cara looked at Katara with a displeased face before blowing so wind in her face causing her hair to go messy.

Cara then layed back down and the two cuddled each other before going to sleep from the boredom, as did the other two, they slept untill Toph and Cara suddenly jumped up "Sokkas coming" they both said causing the other two to smile and get up to go to Sokka "hey guys, what are you doing?" he asked before being bombarded with hugs, Toph and Cara hugged his waist while Aang and Katara hugged his neck "I never thought I'd miss you so much" Cara said happily as the group stopped hugging the boy "say something funny" Aang said excitedly.

Sokka made a face "funny how?" this earns a laugh from three of the children but only a small smile from Toph "what's their deal?" he asked Toph who turned around "I don't know they missed you or something, I didn't care" Toph said with a small blush, Cara laughed a little at Toph's stubbornness "thanks, anyway, need your help" he said and the group went to the meteor "what are you going to do with it?" Cara asked breathlessly as they got it out of the hole "I'm going to make a sword with it" he said as they carried it all the way to master Piandao's home.

Sokka then banged on the gates, Piandao opened them, he looked at Sokka then looked at the others "whoa this?" he asked.

"oh, these are my friends, just other fire nation folks" Sokka lied a little, Piandao then looked at the rock "do you think we can make a sword out of a meteorite?" Sokka asked as Piandao placed his hand on it "we'll make a sword unlike any other in the world" Piandao said, Sokka smiled as they moved the big rock inside the gate.

It took Sokka a full day to make it, in between then Aang and Katara just sat around, while Toph and Cara found a nice quiet private spot to express their love for each other by lots of making out and very graphic descriptions of what they would do to each other.

When the sword was finished they all gathered for Piandao to present Sokka with the sword "Sokka, when you first arrived you were so unsure, you even seemed down on yourself, but I saw something in you right away, I saw a heart as strong as a lion turtle, and twice as big and as we trained and it wasn't your skills that impress me" he then turned around and his servant gave Piandao the sword "no, it certainly wasn't your skills" Piandao added making Cara and Toph laugh a little.

"you showed something beyond that" Piandao then unsheathed the space sword, it was long, sharp and had a shiny black colour to it "creativity, versatility, intelligence, these are the traits of that define a great swordsman" Painadao then put the sword back into its holder "and these are the traits that define you" he then bowed and presented Sokka with sword, but the boy had a disappointed sad look on his face.

"you told me you didn't know if you were where worthy" Sokka held the sword as Piandao stood up " but I believe that you are more worthy than any man I have ever trained" Piandao smiled slightly but Sokka closed his eyes "I'm sorry, Master, you're wrong, I am not worthy, I'm not who you think I am" The others eyes widened as Sokka told Piandao he was from the southern water tribe.

"I'm sorry" Sokka said presenting the sword back to Piandoa who looked serious "I'm sorry, too" suddenly Piandao unsheathed his sword and attacked Sokka who unsheathed his and the two swords caught each other.

The other members of the gaang got up ready to fight Piandao but Sokka held them back "no, this my fight, alone"

To do fight properly, the two moved out side and began their duel, it began like any other with them clashing swords, during the fight, Piandoa complimented Sokka on his use of agility and his surrounding, but untimitly, Piandoa won.

It looked like he was about to strike Sokka down, the others ran towards him but he held his hand up "excellent work, Sokka" he then gestured his servant to throw the swords holder at him and it went together so smoothly everyone was impressed because he had dirt in his eye from the fight.

"I think I'm a little old to be fighting the Avatar let alone two" Piandoa said earning a surprised look from Aang and Cara "how did you know?" they both asked "oh, I've been around a while, you pick things up" He said as he cleaned his eyes from the dirt "of course, I knew from the beginning that soccer was water tribe, you might want to think of a better fire nation cover name, try Lee there's a million Lees" he added as he drunk some water.

"but why would you agree to train someone from the water tribe?" Katara asked

" the way of the sword doesn't belong to anyone knowledge of the heart belongs to us all" Piandoa said walking over to Sokka's sword that was stuck in the ground "Sokka, you must continue your training on your own, if you stay on this path I know that one you will become an even great a master that I am" The two then bowed as Piandoa gave the sword to Sokka and the group left his home.

"that guy was so cool, his voice was like butter" Cara said as the group went out of the gates "yeah, I want him to read me a bedtime story" Toph added but before they could walk any further the servant came running out "wait, the master wanted you to have this as something to remember him by" he then handed Sokka a small brown bag, Sokka emptied it onto his hand to reavel a pai sho tile "the white lotus hm" Aang said.

"what does it mean?" Katara asked and Sokka shrugged his shoulders "I have no idea"

"oh that reminds me, Toph I thought you might like this, since you've probably never had a chance to bend space Earth before" Sokka handed her a small piece of the meteor and she excitedly started to Earth bend it into different shapes.

" you know I don't think there's such a thing as space earth" Katara said as they began to walk again " if it's from space then it's not really earth" she added

"well earth is just dirt and rock right and the name of this planet, so technically it is space earth because its a rock from space" Cara explained as she and Toph held hands "fine you got me there, Cara" Katara simply said as they walked back to camp.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 187 12
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๏พŸโ˜†: *.โ˜ฝ .* :โ˜†๏พŸ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ DON'T LET ME LOVE YOU. ESCAPE BEFORE THE PAIN FILLS YOU UP โž ( zuko x oc ) avatar: the last airbender s1-3 ยฉcaramellight...
102K 2.5K 18
You are a Yuyan Archer, native to the Fire Nation. You are one of the only women skilled enough to be on this elite team. When Prince Zuko was banish...
Balance By Lucy

Fanfiction

92.7K 3.5K 27
โI want to tell you the tale of a girl frozen in ice and time, of how sheโŽฏand her friendsโŽฏwere able to save this world, and bring balance back to us...