Stolen moments

De amourpierce

Betrayed by a friend,life made a living hell by an ex-lover,follow Leah as she fights for her life,love and h... Mais

Introduction....
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 19(A)
Chapter 19(B)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Not an update
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Note an update but very important
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28(B)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Playlist
Chapter 55
Part B
Chapter 1(B)
Chapter 2(B)
Chapter 3(B)
Chapter 4(B)
Chapter 5(B)
Chapter 6(B)
Chapter 7(B)
Chapter 8(B)
Chapter 9(B)
Chapter 10(B)
Chapter 11 (B)
Chapter 12(B)
Chapter 13(B)
Chapter 14(B)
Chapter 15(B)
Chapter 16(B)
Chapter 17(B)
Important note:
Chapter 18(B)
Chapter 19(B)
Chapter 21(B)
Chapter 22(B)
Chapter 23(B)
Chapter 24(B)
Chapter 25(B)
Chapter 26(B)
Chapter 27(B)
Chapter 28(B)
Chapter 29(B)
Chapter 30(B)
Chapter 31(B)
Chapter 32(B)
Chapter 33(B)
Chapter 34(B)
Chapter 35(B)
Chapter 36(B)
Chapter 37(B)
Chapter 38(B)
Chapter 39(B)
Chapter 40(B)
Chapter 41 (B)
Chapter 42(B)
Chapter 43(B)
Chapter 44(B)
Chapter 45(B)
Important Notice

Chapter 20(B)

73 12 0
De amourpierce

Song of the chapter: Ed sheeran: Give me Love🎶🎶〽

"Mother" he called the woman whose back was facing us as she talks with another woman. I stare in confusion but my confusion turn to that of shock when the woman turn around.

Oh my God! Is that?...

Nora Cruz!!

She smiles at him then her eyes shifts to me, i see it widen a bit as she takes me in.

I stare mouth wide open, she is so beautiful... She wore a creme mermaid dress which am sure is much more expensive than me in general. Her long brunette hair looks so thick, healthy and shiny. Her make up was not that much but professionally done.

"Leah?" Alfredo whispered closely beside my ear sounding amused. Am sure my face looks flushed right now as i clutched my purse tightly.

"Nora Cruz" I whispered out, my voice constrained as Alfredo chuckled while both women stare in confusion.

He did this on purpose.

"Mum... Meet Leah Martinez, the lady who helped me the other time"

Suddenly her eyes widen as she brings out her hand for an handshake which i return vigorously.

Did he just call her mum?

"Nice to meet you dear" I cleared my throat, her voice was so soft and musical. Her golden earrings shone brightly than mine.

"Like wise ma'am, am a big fan of you" her eyebrows raised at my words.

"Really?"

"Yes... Your works are so great. From philanthropic work to your booming business it is so" I noticed they were now all staring at me looking amused. I turned red. "Sorry.. Am just so excited"

She lets out a rhythmic laugh.

"It is alright"

I turn to look at the blonde woman in a pink dress who was staring at me cautiously as if trying to recall something. She eyed me from the hair of my head to the toes of my feet before throwing me a warm smile. Men...  she is scary... Gorgeous but scary.

"Leah, meet my mum's best friend and also my god mother, Annabeth Knight" I stare at dumbfounded, this is Hunter's mother? Beauty sure do run in the family

"Nice to meet you Mrs Knight"

"Please call me Beth" her friend turned to her looking surprised but she ignores the look. "You work for my son, right?"

I nodded while she smiled, there was a happy and a knowing glint in her eyes.

I feel so honored standing in front of two of the most powerful women in this city.

Coming to this fundraiser wasn't bad after all.

People were staring at us, more like people were staring at the three people am speaking with.

A question as been at the back of my mind ever since Alfredo introduced me to Nora Cruz as his mother. Did Mr Gabriel divorce her or what? I would have doubted him but they had some similarities like their nose.

Come to think of it, where is that scary red hair woman. I hope i don't bump into her tonight cause i think i caught a glimpse of her just now, glaring at me.

"Mother... Leah here as an unhealthy obsession for you" he said jokingly as i gasp hitting him by the arm with my purse.

This didn't go unnoticed by the two women as they turn to each other with raised eyebrows.

That can't be said for others in the room as the snobbish people glare at me with their stuck up nose in disdain and contempt.

I mean 'how dare you hit the only son of Gabriel Anderson you filthy bag, that is so unlady like. In fact you should be sued'. Am sure that is what is going on in their head.

"Leah?.." I turn around abruptly at the sound of my name.

"Mr Scott?" I said in surprise as i gave him a small smile which he returns.

"I never thought i would find you here, God must be really listening to my prayers" I chuckled at his words.

"You two know each other?" Alfredo asked.

"Yes.. We do" I affirmed.

"If you don't mind ladies and gentleman, may i steal this lovely lady from you?"

Alfredo turns to look at me, giving me 'are you okay with this? look' I gave him a slight nod.

"She is all yours"

I heard a quick Thank you from Ian before we start walking away.

As soon as Leah left, Alfredo also excused himself from the women.

"She is such a lovely girl" Annabeth gushes as Eleanora kept her eyes on Leah while she walks away with the Scott boy.

"You are right" she said absentmindedly. When she saw Leah she felt a kind of warmth in her heart.

"She reminds me of you, a younger version" Annabeth points out the obvious thing they all noticed as her friend turns to look at her.

"You also saw that? What if?-"

"No" Annabeth shakes her head vigorously. "Don't start"

"Don't start what?"

"You will scare her away" Eleanora puffs rolling her eyes. "Let things work out the way they should"

"What if its her? I can feel it!" She said looking around to ensure no one is listening to their conversation.

"Do you really want to tell a girl you just meet that she needs to follow you to the doctor for a DNA test cause you believe she is your long lost daughter?" She asked with a raised eyebrow as Eleanora sighed.

Things better fall in place. She thought.

****

"You did it on purpose" he stated the fact as we stood really close to the wall talking. "You gave me a wrong number on purpose"

I stare at the people dancing in pairs. The Knight's just left the stage after thanking everyone for honoring their invitation and they wished everyone a beautiful night.

Through out their speech, i felt his eyes on me. It was so awkward considering it was the first time i saw him tonight. He looks breathtaking. Ridiculously breathtaking.

"Am sorry... Guess i was scared on you being a stranger. You know stranger danger... " he chuckled.

"It is okay. So what are you doing here? Am sorry if that came out as an insult"

"It is alright... Actually i work in the Knight's Corp as an interior designer"

"Seriously?" I nodded "you also know the owner of Anderson Enterprise " I mumbled a yes. "Hmmm... That makes you a big fish"

I laugh at his words as he also joined in. I told him some snippets on how i got the job.

We were rudely interrupted.

"Excuse me but i want to dance with my date" Hunter said from behind me as i turn around abruptly at the lie.

"What?! No-" I shut up at the freezing glare he threw my way.

"I didn't see you with her, because i don't know the crazy guy that will leave a girl like her all alone by herself tonight" Ian said.

This did not go down well with Hunter as his eyes narrowed to slits.

"I will watch my mouth if i were you Scott!" Ian glared at him.

"It is okay. I will go with him" Ian turns to look at me looking unsure as Hunter smirks in victory.

"Are you sure?"

"I will be fine"

He didn't let me finish my words as he grabs my wrist, pulling me along with him to the dance floor. He stopped when we got to the middle, he turned me to look at him, i glared.

"You are so rude" I complained bitterly.

"Wow" he said with a small smile on his face as if my words didn't upset him.

"And equally stuck up" I bite back.

"That is an interesting fact you pointed out" he said looking amused. This riled me up the more.

My angry words got caught in my throat as I felt his warm hand on my bare back as his other hand holds up my other hand.

I shiver at the tingly sensation i felt, this is illegal and unhealthy, that was when i realized we were the only one on the floor, as others stared at us.

Am not even going to look at my colleagues but i caught Ciara's grinning face. I also saw Max staring at us and boy... did he look unhappy?

People were staring like bluntly staring at us.

"I don't know how to waltz" I whispered quietly, praying he stops the drama.

"Don't worry, follow my lead" or not...

I did... Looking at our legs, feeling uncomfortable with the eyes on us. It is a good thing the media was not allowed in tonight but something tells me this will be on the news tomorrow.

"Hey" I look up at his soft voice "keep your eyes on me, okay" I nodded as he pulls me much closer, feeling his warmth. The tingling sensation i felt a while ago was much stronger like a force ran through my body.

What is this guy doing to me?

I stare at his enchanting green eyes, it was like the only thing in the room.

"By the way, you look ravishing tonight" I fell the heat spread from my neck to my cheeks at the effect of his words.

"Thank you" he hummed.

We followed the same pattern going with the flow even though i stepped on him once in a while but he seems not to show it. I gather my thoughts.

"What are you doing?"

"We are dancing of course" he stated the obvious while i rolled my eyes.

"You know what i mean dingbat" his eyebrows raised at my choice for colorful word.

"Dingbat?" He chuckled "don't you think that is a foul word to describe your boss?".

"Am not scared of you, you told me to stay away from you in which i did. Listen to your own words young man" he sighs

"I never said that" he said. I gasped as he swirls me around, he pulled me back like an expert as i look flustered.

"Don't do that!" I whisper yelled.

"I never told you to stay away from me. You are the one avoiding me"

"Wrong word. It is ignore. Am ignoring you not avoiding you" he hummed as we stay silent "why are you doing this?"

"Maybe i want another chance?" He said jokingly as i stared wide eyed at him. There was a serious glint in his eyes. He was serious.

Everything from my past came crashing on me as i froze on the dance floor.

I don't stand a chance, i can't.

"Leah?-"

"Sorry... I can't do this" I pulled away from him, leaving the dance floor in a rush as i ignore his call.

Thank God the music continued as others join in on the dance floor swallowing up his voice.

I rush through the throng of people feeling constipated. I need to clear my head. How can he say that? I haven't forgiven him.

I stopped abruptly when someone blocked my way. I look up as i silently groaned.

"Stay away from my man, Leah" she said warningly looking angry. Now i see where she got the mean streak from. Like mother, like daughter.

Her red dress compliments her in a dangerously annoying way. Rosalia was right, my dress was still by far one of the most decent considering her boobs were staring at me for help. They look constrained.

Set the babies free once in a while woman!

"No... You tell your man to stay away from me! And why can't you all just leave me alone! Am not taking anything from you people!"

I don't know i have got in her face,  she stares in surprise at my outburst cowering back.

"Sis" I sigh, closing my eyes at his calm voice, he stopped beside me "are you alright?" He gestured towards the menace.

"Of course brother... In fact my dear friend was just leaving" I saw her hesitation, God! This girl is a mule... "Now" my voice and face darkens as i glare at her.

She snickers before walking away.

I groan, getting mad and frustrated at her effrontery. I pick a glass from the tray of a server who walked by. The man stared at me in annoyance as i downed the drink but i wished i didn't as i cough hysterically.

"Leah!" Max snatched the glass from my hand apologizing to the waiter as he gave him back the empty glass before he walked away.

"Bleh... What in the world is that?" I muttered trying to get rid of the bitter taste.

"I don't know but you shouldn't be drinking it. What got you so riled up? Are you okay?"

"Get me out of here" he stares at me for a while before nodding.

Hey guys..

Hope you love the chapter.
Do you guys remember Ian Scott? He was the guy who gave Leah a wad of money. And he is going to start appearing more.

What do you guys think of Hunter's statement or should i call it question?

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

85.2K 5.1K 50
| COMPLETED | ~ | Chapters are being Edited | #Wattys2020 ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• He was a soldier, running towar...
542K 9.8K 36
18+ Arabella or Bella to her friends, always dreamt of her "Prince Charming". Join her on the journey of discovering that love isn't so smooth sailin...
75 10 6
In a world where nothing is certain, there is no room for emotions. Every soul slowly surrenders, to something, or someone known as the devil. Every...
43.5K 1.5K 52
It was only her comments that made her feel worthless. Only one bully. Only her betrayal made him give up on love, making him ruthless. Only one woma...