Belonging

By ninasweet998

[First Book] Emiko Kurosaki is a 15 year old teen who has no memory of her past. All she remembers was waking... More

Before You Read
Ch.1 Ghosts Of Karakura Town
Ch.2 Soul Reaper?
Ch.3 Lessons
Ch.4 My Brother, The Soul Reaper
Ch.5 Trucks, Am I Right?
Ch.6 Training
Ch.7 Are You Okay?
Ch.8 Continuing My Search
Ch.9 Bad Luck
Ch.10 Hollow Effort
Ch.11 Blind Battle
Ch.12 Hero To The Rescue
Ch.13 Murderous Fiend
Ch.14 Your Pain Is Mine
Ch.15 Sisterly Duties
Ch.16 Mod Soul
Ch.17 Mr. Hat & Clogs
Ch.18 June 17th Is Approaching
Ch.19 Same Day, Different Time
Ch.20 Grand Fisher
Ch.21 I'm Weak...I Know That
Ch.22 Mom's True Killer
Ch.23 A Quincy
Ch.24 Substitute Soul Reaper vs. Quincy
Ch.25 An Unexpected Hero
Ch.26 The Candy Shop
Ch.27 Menos Grande
Ch.28 Max Power!
Ch.29 Feeling Down?
Ch.30 Human Vs. Soul Reapers
Ch.31 Quincy & Soul Reaper Vs. Soul Reapers
Ch.32 Substitute Soul Reaper Vs. Soul Reapers
Ch.33 Rukia's Final Save
Ch.34 Mr. Urahara To The Rescue
Ch.35 Training Begins
Ch.36 Training In Progress
Ch.37 It's Time
Ch.38 Get Ready...And Goodbye
Ch.39 ...Leave Then
Ch.40 You're A Soul Reaper
Ch.41 Voices In My Head
Ch.42 Train Your Heart Out
Ch.43 It's Our Turn
Ch.44 A Lieutenant Already?!
Ch.45 The Pass Still Hurts
Ch.46 Moving Forward
Ch.47 First Aid Is Here
Ch.48 Kenpachi Zaraki
Ch.49 To Save Or Not To Save
Ch.50 Risking Lives
Ch.51 The 28th Head Of The Kuchiki Clan
Ch.52 A New Development
Ch.54 Bankai Training
Ch.55 Just Talking
Ch.56 Just Talking Some More
Ch.57 Losing Time & Making Amends
Ch.58 Sweet Dreams
Ch.59 Return To Me
Ch.60 Save Them
Ch.61 A Dead Man's Betrayal
Ch.62 Aizen's Flawless Plan
Ch.63 His True Goal
Ch.64 Feelings Running Wild
Ch.65 The Truth You Didn't Know
Ch.66 Capture The Evil...And Fail
Ch.67 The Power From Legends
Ch.68 Wish To Talk
Ch.69 The Truth Can Wait
Ch.70 Family Reunites
Ch.71 Silly Shenanigans
Ch.72 Our Truth
Ch.73 Idiotic Meeting
Ch.74 Forced Policies
Ch.75 Squad 10
Ch.76 Going Home
Ch.77 Home At Last
The End
Bonus Chapter: Protect At All Costs

Ch.53 Yoruichi The Cat

1.7K 66 0
By ninasweet998

I watch as Byakuya uses flash step to get behind Ichigo.

He's planning on doing the same attack he did back in our world.

However, before he could get the chance to stab Ichigo, my brother blocks his zanpakuto with his own.

His action surprises Byakuya. Grinning, Ichigo faces him.

"You said I think too highly of myself? I saw every single step, Byakuya Kuchiki."

Ichigo saw it too?

He jumps back to put some distance between him and the enemy.

"I see...you improved more than I thought. In that case..." Byakuya speaks, holding his zanpakuto straight up once more.

No, Ichigo's in danger.

"Before you can start to become too full of yourself... I will show you. What you can't compensate for with a thousand years of training, the decisive difference in strength."

"No!" Rukia screams. "Run! Ichigo!"

"Scatter-"

Before he can even release his zanpakuto, some person appeared and manage to stop it with some type of cloth.

Everyone, besides me, seemed to be shocked by this person's appearance.

"You...Yoruichi." Ukitake manages to mutter.

Wait, the cat?

The woman stands and faces Byakuya.

"It's been a long time, huh? Byakuya."

"Yoruichi Shihoin." Byakuya rips the cloth off his blade. "Former Commander of the Stealth Force and Captain of Squad One's Punishment Force. I haven't seen your face in a while. It's been a few hundred years since your disappearance. Everyone thought you had died."

"Yoruichi..." Ichigo speaks up. "Did you come to save me? Thank you...but please, move aside. I have to defeat him."

"Defeat him? You? By yourself? ...Idiot."

She was so fast, before any of us knew what happened, Yoruichi thrusts her hand right through Ichigo's stomach, opening his wounds. Ichigo was stunned just like everyone else.

"Wha... What a-are...you doing... Yoru...ichi..."

Yoruichi pulls her hand out as Ichigo falls. Catching him she hoist his body over her shoulder.

Some how, I managed to form a sentence.

"...What was...that...?"

Yoruichi looks my way.

"Emiko..."

"It's a drug, isn't it?"

She directs her attention to Ukitake as he continued to speak.

"Either Gaten of Houten. Releasing a strong tranquilizer directly into the boy... You're trying to save him."

"Ukitake..."

She drugged him? But why?! At a time like this too!

"Did you think that I would allow it? There's no escaping from here."

A smile grin forms on Yoruichi's face as she looks back at Byakuya.

"Oh... You talk like a big shot now, don't you, Byakuya? Have you ever once beaten me in a game of tag?"

"...Should we try again?"

With that said, they both disappear, using flash step. Byakuya reappears as Yoruichi appears behind him. He swings his sword her way to only miss. Now further behind Ukitake, Yoruichi appears again, leaping through the air.

She's fast. I can't even see her. And it doesn't help that I can no longer see Byakuya's movements either. I think the affects this place is having on me are leaving once again. I hope they don't come back because I don't know what will happen to me next.

Landing on her feet, Byakuya suddenly appears right behind her. This surprised her.

"Did you really think you could escape with such a slow flash step?"

Turning her head his way, Byakuya attacks, slashing her. It looked like his attack connected, however, she disappears. Once she reappears, she was resting on Byakuya's outstretched arm, unharmed.

"Did you really think you could capture me with such a slow flash step?" she mocks him, smirking.

I...I don't know what's happening anymore.

Yoruichi disappears suddenly and reappears on the roof of the tall building next to us. Looking down on Byakuya, she speaks.

"Three days. In three days, I'll make him stronger than you. The fight between you two is postponed until then. If you want to follow, you may, but...Flash Master Yoruichi won't get caught so easily!"

She vanishes once more, leaving behind no trace of her. It was like she was never here to begin with.

"..."

"You'd think she would have been nice enough to say goodbye."

Byakuya swings his sword behind him to only miss the new face that had appeared. Nagi reappears beside me.

"Nagi..."

"Yo, Emiko!" she smiles. "Sorry I'm late, Ichigo literally ditched Yoruichi and I. And I'm not as fast as her."

"...I see. I'm glad you're unharmed."

"Thanks, me too. That new Kenpachi was a real piece of work. But...he's cool, I guess."

"...Are you making friends with the enemy?" I simply question.

"...No..."

"Nagi, just because you can't make normal friends doesn't mean you can just-"

"Shut it! I have friends! Stupid Ryoka!"

"What?"

"N-N-Nothing! Oh, look, a person."

Finish talking to me, she faces Byakuya.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't little Byakuya. Well, I guess I should call you big Byakuya now... Nah~! It's been so long. I got to say, you look more and more like your father as you grow.

Oh? Is that a captain's coat I spot you wearing? Look at you! I remember you just being a hot-headed teenager with incredible anger issues."

Is that true? I can't picture this man like Nagi describes.

"Nagi Sai Yamamoto, former third seat of squad one."

"Oh, we're saying full names? My bad. It's nice to see you again, little Byakuya Kuchiki."

"Nagi..."

Nagi's eyes move from Byakuya to Ukitake. Once she spots him, she becomes excited.

"JUSHIRO~!"

She flash steps away and appears in from of him. Without hesitation, she traps that poor man in a bear hug.

"Oh my goodness! It's been forever, best friend! How are you doing?! How's Shunsui?!"

Ukitake weakly smiles at her.

"Well, before all this, we both were doing just fine."

"Good! Now, do your old buddy a favor and let her escape with that Ryoka." Nagi points at me.

"I'm sorry, but I can't-"

"Please~! I promise to pay you back!"

"Still foolish as ever, I see."

Nagi let's Ukitake go before turning towards Byakuya.

"What's that, hot-head, foolish? Nah~. I like to think of myself as a happy person who spreads happiness and joy everywhere I go."

"Since when?"

"Shut up, Emiko! Now is really not the time to start a fight with your savor!"

I glare at her, freezing her movements.

"You have the nerve to scold me? Nagi, now is not the time to be standing around idly."

"R-Right, sorry. Well, it was nice seeing you two again."

Nagi flash steps to me as I stand.

"But I have to get this lady back to her brother."

"But, Rukia and the others-"

"They'll be fine. Jushiro will take good care of them, trust me. Besides, once Ichigo is strong enough, he'll save everyone."

"...Okay."

"You were always skilled at running away."

Nagi's happy attitude dropped. She sends a rude glare Byakuya's way.

"What was that, little Byakuya? I don't remember ever having to run away from you. In fact, you ate more dirt than anyone when you went up against me."

"Oh, is that so?"

"Would you like to taste it again?"

She's clearly doesn't remember what she told me. Grabbing her shoulder, I try to talk some sense into her.

"Nagi, listen, he's a captain, correct? What did you say to me yesterday?"

Nagi's brain finally starts working again.

"Right, never mind, little Byakuya. We'll fight later, after I've gotten my zanpakuto back."

"You mean the same zanpakuto you have no control over? The same one you killed your own father with?"

"..."

Nagi clutches her fists. Gritting her teeth, she growls.

"You know I didn't mean it! ...You want to talk about my father? How about we talk about your dead little sister. It's not like you protected her either."

Byakuya glares back at Nagi's words.

Dead sister?

The two have a real stare down. Being the smarter one, I face Nagi towards me.

"Please, forget what he said. We need to go."

"...Right."

She grabs my hand and flash steps out of there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

849 58 12
DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the characters or events from the manga/ anime series "Bleach"which are originally owned by Tite Kubo. Ichigo K...
880 0 30
Hisana Kusonarii is the last of her family, a dissolved Noble clan within the soul society that was set to merger with the Kuchiki clan through marri...
6.4K 315 27
~UNEDITED~ Evie Ressello is a special human. Even within her own kind, she's special. One day, the Eyes that live within her hands urge her to go to...
44.8K 1.3K 26
In her first week as the head of the Fifth Division, Akira struggles to balance her personal demons with her duties as a captain. She soon finds hers...