LOKI IMAGINES

By retrolokii

Title says it all. Requests are very much open just comment or dm pls and thanks ‹3 [ON GOING] May contain ot... More

Midsummer in Valhalla
Dance With Me
Call Me A Thief
Paper Rings
In The Wee Hours of the Morning
Oh Dearest, Your Fangs Are Showing.
Publicist Problems
Oh, Hello Doctor.
Where Am I? (Harry Potter x MCU AU)
England (Part 1)
England (Part 2)
England (Part 3)
Ghost Hunting (Unsolved x Crimson Peak)
Loki of Norway
Quarantine with Loki (Days 1-2)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 3-4)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 5-6)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 7-8)
Cabin in The Woods
Cabin in the Woods (Part 2)
So, We Meet Again...
Trickster's Surprise
Alfheim's Finest
Time Travelling's a Bitch
Hello, Neighbor!
Stay, You Fool.
Alfheim's Finest (Part 2): Picnic Day!
The Night Before
Ladies of The Court
Accidental Pen Pals
Dancing in the Moonlight
Emergency Healer
Heart of The Woods
Something New (Capt. James Conrad x Reader)
I Guess We're A Good Team After All
I'm Here.
Sleipnir's Arrival
Cold Mornings
Oh, Cupid.
You Wound Me
Perfectly Mischievous
Assumptions
Finally Free (Thomas Sharpe x Reader)
In Safe Hands
Come and Get Me
In Safe Hands (Part 2)
Secret Santa
Palace Libraries
Cheers to Victory
Run to Me, Baby.
Time Capsule
Did Somebody Call For Agent Loki? - Part 1
Did Someone Call For Agent Loki? - Part 2
Did Someone Call for Agent Loki? - Part 3
I'm Not Actually A Vampire!
Don't You Dare Die On Me
Bloodthirsty
Sinister Kid
Sparks Fly
Dead Men Tell No Tales (or do they?)
Halloween Special!
Royal Pain in The Ass
Royal Pain in The Ass - Part 2
Royal Pain in The Ass - Part 3
Nights are Better with You
You're Just as Strong as Me
I Love You (Against My Better Judgement)
Much Ado About Nothing
The Pirate and The Prince
Heaven Be Damned (I Have You)
Better Unknown
It Will Come Back
You're So Warm
I Can't Bear to Lose You
I Like You Better (Than Him)
Bets On. Clothes Off (Well, Almost).
Is This A Date?
My Love Mine All Mine
Hate It When You Do That
When Death Gives You An Out (You Take It)
Peace and Quiet, At Least For a Moment.
Peace and Quiet, Now Until Forever
What You Taste Like [SMUT]
What You See
A Ballad of Vicious Mockery
A Ballad of Reluctant Affections
A Ballad of Hope and Promises
At The End of Time
Until I Am Enough
Like Real People Do

Meeting The Family

1.5K 58 28
By retrolokii

Another long one pls I don't know where to stop
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
“Tell me precisely why I'm coming with you again?” You asked Loki who was driving a rented BMW on the way to his parent's house up in the rural part of England. This was completely a spontaneous visit. He didn't tell you a word about visiting his childhood home, he just told you to pack an overnight bag and to get in the car.

Loki sighed loudly. “First of all, you're my assistant your job is to literally do as I say. Second, you're getting paid. And third, I'm a sadist.” he smirked by the third reason.

You groaned and rested your head on the window.

“You should actually be thankful that I'm bringing you with me today and not any other day because father is on vacation somewhere in Norway.”

“Oh yes, your dearest father,” you replied sarcastically. “I can't fucking believe I'm gonna meet my boss's mom.” you rubbed a stressful hand across your face.

“You better be on your best behavior because we are near.” said Loki while going into a smaller road that was roofed with beautiful green trees that seemed to last forever, until a large beige castle-like mansion stood at the end of the road.

It looked so beautiful and timeless.

The house was surrounded by a forest and a lake was also nearby.

A woman was already waiting at the front door with a soft smile on her face.

You and Loki got out of the car and carried your respective bags.

“Hello, mother.” Loki stepped up and greeted his mother, Frigga, softly while embracing her in his arms.

“I've missed you, my son.” Frigga said tenderly, caressing his cheek with her thumb. Her eyes immediately drifted towards you when she parted with her younger.

Frigga looked surprised and a bit excited. “Dearest, is she your—”

“My brilliant assistant, yes. I asked her to come here for work.” Loki cut off his mother before Frigga could insinuate something else.

Frigga nodded as her face fell in slight disappointment then contorted into confusion then into a knowing look. She then smiled and turned to you.

“Welcome, my dear.” Frigga clutched your hand softly.

You smiled a little awkwardly, not knowing what to call her. “Thank you, Mrs. Odinson—”

“Please child, Frigga would be fine.”

You smiled at her.

“Come Loki, let's get you both settled in.” Frigga opened the front door and let you both in.

The interior looked as gorgeous as the outside. Every piece of furniture had a feel of ‘home’ to it like it has been cared for and treasured for more than one lifetime within the home. The design of the house was very Nordic, although a bit more modernized but you could still tell the original roots of the Odinson family.

“Is Thor around? He told me he was visiting the same time as I.” Loki asked.

“Oh yes, he's just running around the woods as always,” Frigga answered. “While waiting for your brother why don't you show our guest to the upstairs guest room?”

Loki nodded and lead you to a spiraling staircase of marble and gold, then into one of the mny hallways in the second floor. He pointed the door onto your right and assumed that that was your room for the night. You noticed that Loki entered the one right across from yours. That was his room.

You entered and set your bag on the bed.

The room looked very nice. Cream colored walls, a mini chandelier on the ceiling, a queen sized bed, television, drawers, a bathroom with a tub and shower. It felt like a hotel room at how adequate it was.

There was also a tall bookshelf beside the door, the books that were displayed there were all old and tattered. Perhaps they were old books the family didn't use anymore.

Right across from the door was a little balcony that looked like it belonged in a Parisian apartment. There was also a singular wiry chair that accompanied said balcony.

Thinking that it would be a while until Loki would need you for work, you grabbed a book and sat on the balcony to read it whilst overlooking the beautiful trees and lake.

-------------

“You look awfully luxurious. I hate it.” Loki commented when he saw your form, he strode into your room without shame.

“Have you ever heard of knocking?” you said exasperatedly and put down your book.

“I did knock.” Loki lied.

“Uh, no you didn't.”

“I'm fairly sure I did.”

“No you didn't, quit lying Loki.”

“I did.”

“You didn't.”

“Hush up, I did. Now come, afternoon tea is ready.” Loki grabbed the book from your lap and placed it on the coffee table in your room.

“Goodness you're more English than I thought.” you said and followed in his steps.

Frigga was already there in the mini dining area stirring her tea quietly.

“Ah, it's wonderful you could join us, my dear.” Frigga smiled when she saw you walk in with Loki. You sat across from her and beside Loki who politely poured you a cup of tea. You then prepared it as you liked.

“How was your trip?” Frigga asked the both of you.

“Barely any traffic which was nice.” Loki answered and picked up a pastry from the trays.

“How are you, dear?” Frigga asked you.

“I'm very well, thank you,” you smiled. “This is really lovely. What is it?”

“Chamomile.”

“Anyways, mother I hope you don't find it rude that we're also here on business. I think we're going to have to occupy the office later.” Loki said.

“Oh no, not at all, Loki. I'm elated that you found time to visit instead of not visiting at all,” said Frigga. “Did you know in university, Loki would always visit because he disliked so many of his classmates. He can't bear to share a dorm with another student, so we had to pay extra so he can have his own quarters.”

paid the extra, mother.”

“Oh, yes, yes. That you did, because you said you didn't want to bother us right?” Loki nodded. “It's practically a miracle that Loki can work so closely with you.”

“Oh?” you glanced at Loki when you sipped your tea, he merely replied with a simple roll of his eyes when he heard your suggestive tone.

“Goodness, yes,” Frigga took a bite out of a pastry before her eyes lit up as if she remembered something long forgotten. “Actually, Loki didn't like many people even when he was a little boy. Although, he took quite the fancy to this one girl when he was around 10?”

“Mother please not this—”

“Oh! But it's such a cute story! So, he'd always pick flowers from my garden and leave it at her desk in school. I remember one time he asked me to bake cookies so he could give them to her in recess time. It was so adorable.”

“No it wasn't. I was an annoying little kid.”

“No, it is cute,” you said and laughed to get onto his nerves. “Do you have more stories?” you earnestly asked Frigga with bright eyes.

“I am not subjecting myself to this kind o f torture,” spoke Loki as he stood and grabbed your shoulders. “Come on. We've got work to do.”

“Maybe next time, darling.” Frigga told you with a cheeky wink.

You chuckled and followed Loki up the steps and away from Frigga.

You drew in breath to speak but Loki pointed a finger at you. Silencing you.

“Don't bring it up or I swear—”

You laughed heartily until you two reached a dark wooden door that hid an office, but truthfully, it was more of a library given how many books was stored in there.

“Are we actually going to do work or did you just want to save yourself the embarrassment?” you asked jokingly.

“The latter.” Loki replied quietly, his focus on the books and not to you.

“Aha! Knew it!” you pointed loudly. “Little Loki ever the romancer.” you teased.

“Oi!” Loki shouted and threw a piece of paper at you playfully. You laughed heartily before drawing your attention away from Loki and towards the beautiful sunset that was happening in front of you. You opened the big glass windows hindering the true beauty of the scene and let the fresh air blow into the room.

The warm tones and blues of the sky swirled wonderfully together. It was very pleasant to witness, there were no clouds in the sky and the brightness was not blinding. Not even the artists can capture the true essence of the Sun waving goodbye for the day. It looked majestic.

All to soon, the Sun had fully sunk into the horizon, only leaving it's warmer and less bright counterparts to accompany the deepening blue sky.

----------

“I didn't know you read his books.” you said when you picked up a very underground book by an even more underground author. You only knew he read it because of the notes he put in them.

“Of course I did. ‘Prophecy Weeping’ by Sir Herbert J. Croix written and published in 1798,” Loki replied proudly as if he knows it like its the back of his hand. “It's quite marvelous he was able to finish writing such an intricate novel in less than a year.”

Your eyebrows furrowed. “No, no, that's not right.” You shook your head.

“He did write it in that year, I have it engraved in my brain.” he replied in a "matter of fact" way.

“He didn't write it that year, he published it that year. He had it in his basement stocked for at least 4 years.” you argued

“That's not what I remember in uni. He was my favorite author I'm sure I'm right—”

“Loki who actually has a writing degree here—” You cut him off.

“Who studied history and classics in uni?” he replied, his nose turned up.

“Alas, Loki can never find a woman he doesn't bicker with.” Thor butted into the room in all his blonde and 6'3 glory.

“Thor.” Loki greeted as the two of you composed yourself to look like fully grown adults and not like children bickering about a book that was written well over 200 years ago.

“How are you brother?” Thor asked fondly and went in to hug Loki quickly. “Who is your lovely guest?”

“No one.” said Loki and brushed off his suit jacket when he and Thor parted.

“Oi. Earlier today I was your ‘brilliant assistant’ what changed?”

“Sharp tongued. Loki no wonder.” Thor smirked and patted his younger brother's shoulders.

“Enough, Thor.”

“Alright, alright. Mother asked me to call you down to dinner.”

Thor laughed heartily because of a thought that passed in his head and stepped down the stairs. You and Loki followed soon, setting the book back in its shelf.

This wasn't a celebratory day for the Odinsons, and yet, Frigga has mustered up a whole roast dinner with chicken, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, greens, steaks and so many more side dishes your head began to reel from the deliciously dizzying aroma.

“I'm sorry is it someone's birthday?” you asked and they merely smiled at you kindly.

“No,” Thor shook his head. “Mother just likes to cook.”

“And Thor eats a lot.” Loki added.

“Bicker later, my boys. For now, eat.” Frigga announced and sat on the chair at the head of the table.

You all ate in content silence, the scraping of utensils on plate and the satisfied sighs of all participants signified that everybody was very very content with Frigga, even herself.

Of course, Thor and Loki would bicker about some childhood fights they had back in the day but they merely did it out of fun and nostalgia. You and Frigga would politely chuckle along and she would eye you every time Loki would speak. You didn't notice, but Thor did and threw a cheeky wink to his mother.

“It was delicious, mother.” Loki complimented Frigga as he wiped the residual smears of gravy at the side of his lips.

“Indeed.” Thor agreed and had a mighty drink of alcohol from his glass.

“But I think, we must continue working.” Loki looked at you.

“Oh yeah, okay,” You turned to Frigga. “Thank you so much for the meal. It was very lovely. Better than my own mom's cooking, honestly.” you chuckled at the end.

“It's wonderful to have your company, dear,” Frigga glanced at Loki. “I don't want to hold you any longer. Someone's getting impatient.” she smirked.

You nodded and shortly followed Loki.

“Make sure you're actually doing work!” Thor yelled from his seat.

“What does that even mean?” Loki yelled back.

“I think you already know!” Thor let out a bellowing laugh, proud of his teasing suggestion.

---------

“You're staring.” said Loki from his desk.

The both of you are in the actual office now and not the office turned library. Here, there are two large desks that are probably for both Odin and Frigga and many many cabinets that you guess are filled with important documents and work files.

“Yeah no, I know. Just thinking.” You replied passively, your legs propped up on the desk and your laptop on your thighs. Not the most comfortable posture but hey, if it works, it works.

“About what.”

“The stories Frigga shared about you. You were so different in her stories.”

Loki scoffed “Well, that's what growing up does to you.”

“Hm.” You hummed and resumed your work.

Silence.

“You know,” Loki said but paused afterwards. “I didn't bring you here for the sake of being sadistic.”

You looked at him pleasantly. “Yeah, I know. I didn't believe a word you said back in the car when I asked you.”

Loki smiled and shook his head, silence fell again in the room.

You looked back at him, then to your screen, then back at him again. Your words stuck on the tip of your tongue.

“Well, why did you bring me here?” you asked softly.

“Perhaps this is my way of showing you that you're not just my assistant or employee,” he choked on his words. “I'd like to think that we're more than colleagues. We're friends.”

Your heart softened.

“Of course we are, Loki.” A delicate smile on your face. “If I wasn't, you wouldn't let me speak to you the way I do.”

He smiled. “I suppose you're right. Besides, I'm the only one who understands your dry humor.”

“Rude. So terribly rude,” You shook your head. “You're lucky I like you or else I would've quit years ago.” you taunted jokingly.

“Oi. Don't think about quitting it would be such a bitch to find you a proper replacement.”

“Yeah, because I'm your 'brilliant assistant'. Or did I mishear that?” you mocked and laughed at your impression of Loki. The bad British accent protruded his ears and did his best not to cackle or show any pleasant reaction.

He stood from his seat and brushed past you on the way to the exit.

“Where are you going?” you asked lightheartedly.

“To bed. I've stomached enough of you.” Loki said in a very sarcastic tone.

“You're so rude.” you replied in an equally sarcastic tone.

“It's my charm,” Loki winked. “Good night!” he exited the office dramatically.

“I should've quit years ago.”

“I heard that!”

Then you laughed and cackled like a witch.

---------

You weren't an early riser, but today felt different. You were at the countryside filled with lovely flora and fauna and a wide lake at your expense. Who wouldn't be drawn to explore such luxuries? You got up early and saw Frigga drinking her tea while reading the morning newspaper. You told her of your plans and went on to explore the woods.

“Mother, where is she?” Loki asked hours later, when he didn't see you snoozing in your room.

“She went out. She said she wanted to walk by the lake.” Frigga smiled, a cuppa in hand.

Loki nodded and walked passed Thor on his way out who seemed to return from a run.

“Morning, brother.” Loki greeted quickly.

“Morning Loki.” Thor smiled.

Loki didn't need to search so far and wide. He found you sitting by the lake, your phone in hand, looking at the scene as if it was the first time seeing such a view.

“Running away are we?” When Loki spoke you immediately hid your phone.

“You're up early.” you said as Loki sat beside you. Weirdly, he wasn't in his usual pantsuit attire but rather in a black sweater and wide legged trousers.

“What are you doing out here?” he asked.

“Didn't you ask Frigga?”

He nodded. “What are you you really doing out here?” he prodded.

“Writing.” you replied bluntly.

“Is it alright if you show me?”

Your eyes widened not because you were embarrassed of your writing, but because of the context of what you'd written whilst staring into the clear waters of the lake. “It's practically nothing yet. I don't even think it's a good sentence—” you stammered.

“I won't judge.” Loki said in a definite tone.

You debated silently in your head on whether or not you should give in to his request, but his tone suggested no other arguments so you reluctantly gave him your phone.

‘And in the eternity that the trees spent side by side, their branches finally met, entwining and growing together. Never to be parted. They shall dig their roots deeper in the soil together. They shall shed old  leaves in tandem. They shall bask in the warm sunlight side by side. When one dies in the harsh winter, the other shall follow. There is no parting now.’

“It's nothing. I just saw nature and instinctively wrote about trees. It's boring I get it.” you said bashfully when it seemed like Loki had finished reading the little thing you wrote.

Loki didn't say anything for a while. He remained in thoughtful silence.

“Was it that bad?” you chuckled awkwardly.

“You're a published author. Even your bad writing is good. So, no it's not bad.”

“Thanks.”

The running waters of the lake calmed you when you didn't exchange words for a moment.

“So you think we'll never be apart?” he said out of the blue.

“Loki—”

“You're a published author under a pen name. Your fantasy trilogy has more than enough sales for you to live comfortably for at least 3 years. And yet you're here organizing my meetings and helping me with the gallery. Why?”

You looked helplessly at him before moving your gaze to the laces of your shoes. It was too much to bear if you looked at him right now.

“I like doing stupid shit with you. I know you're my boss and it's weird that I think of us as partners in crime but I've never had many close friends I spend most of my days with. And if I leave, I would be cutting off the one stable relationship I have in my life,” you chuckled grimly. “You know, I'm actually using you as inspiration for a character in my new novel. Just so I have something to hold on to when you inevitably replace me.”

Loki's eyebrows raised pleasantly and glanced at you with a ghost of a smile on his face. “You wrote me into one of your novels?”

“That's what you took away from that? But yes, I did. I named him Lukas with a ‘k’ and he has fire powers because your name is similar to ‘logi’ that means flame.”

“What is he like?” he asked, making himself more comfortable on the patch of grass.

“Well, Lukas is incredibly pessimistic and sarcastic which makes the others often roll their eyes at him. But he's also the anchor that grounds the group. Without Lukas the group of friends would be in shambles. He's also very charming and unlike you, blonde. He's very difficult all the time, but he's very kind and understanding. Lukas is a good person who's faced with bad situations. That makes him so complex and likable.”

“I'm going to have to ask you to add to his character, though.” Loki said thoughtfully.

“What do I add?”

“Give him a love interest. Make her be as sarcastic as him but a softer heart. She has to have a witty and sharp tongue and a sort of boldness in the way she speaks. She also has to be incredibly talented and knowledgeable in the field of arts and literature. Give her character an aura of joy and sunlight and kindness. Make their relationship as chaotic yet loving as possible.”

“Here's the thing though. Lukas already likes someone. Although he's very in denial about it.”

“Is he now?”

You nodded.

“We're going to have to fix that now.”

Loki turned to you then he kissed you unashamed.

You couldn't respond at first because of the shock and disbelief that flowed through you when his lips touched yours. But after a few seconds, you realized that yes, this was what you wanted, this felt right. You felt your body relax and your eyes flutter shut as you shared your first kiss together.

“I thought we were talking about books.” you said jokingly when you parted. A soft sort of blush washed over your cheeks.

Loki laughed softly and kissed your nose affectionately.

“None of this was planned, just so you know.” said Loki.

“Oh I'd definitely know if it was planned, Loki. You'd be shitting bricks if it was.”

“You're horrible.” he rolled his eyes.

“Yes I am. But I think you like it when I tease you.”

Loki gave no answer just a distant, sarcastic stare, and you knew, you were right.

Then, yards away, back at the house, the both of you heard the echoes of Thor's bellowing laughter. It's quite astonishing yet converning that his laughs can be heard so far away.

“He definitely saw.” you said.

“You think, Sherlock Holmes?” Loki said, annoyed.

“Well,” you shrugged. “It's not my head, it's yours.” You stood and walked away from the patch of grass you both sat on and back into the house.

“You have to deal with him too.” Loki called out and jogged a few paces to catch up to you, his arm automatically wrapping itself around your waist.

“Yeah. But I'll be joining him in teasing you so.”

“So rude.”
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Do you guys like the longer fics or the shorter ones?
.
.
.
.
also,,,, i didnt proof read this—

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.9K 2.9K 12
After all the happenings of Book One, you and Loki were finally together as a couple. Unfortunately, you got kidnapped by a mysterious person, who's...
12.6K 624 37
❦(LᴏᴋɪxAsɢᴀʀᴅɪᴀɴ!Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ)❦ (Y/n) was abandoned at a young age, being forced to live on the streets, and steal the most basic of resources to surv...
77.9K 2.1K 50
As a HYDRA experiment you can't seem to feel anything anymore until you meet the tall dark haired man he's sour at first but sweet comes eventually t...
1.7M 92K 77
Marvel Fanfic Awards Winner: -Best Plot -Best Loki -Best Male Villain -Toughest Character (Anna) BOOK ONE. The world has changed. After alien...