Belonging

By ninasweet998

[First Book] Emiko Kurosaki is a 15 year old teen who has no memory of her past. All she remembers was waking... More

Before You Read
Ch.1 Ghosts Of Karakura Town
Ch.2 Soul Reaper?
Ch.3 Lessons
Ch.4 My Brother, The Soul Reaper
Ch.5 Trucks, Am I Right?
Ch.6 Training
Ch.7 Are You Okay?
Ch.8 Continuing My Search
Ch.9 Bad Luck
Ch.10 Hollow Effort
Ch.11 Blind Battle
Ch.12 Hero To The Rescue
Ch.13 Murderous Fiend
Ch.14 Your Pain Is Mine
Ch.15 Sisterly Duties
Ch.16 Mod Soul
Ch.17 Mr. Hat & Clogs
Ch.18 June 17th Is Approaching
Ch.19 Same Day, Different Time
Ch.20 Grand Fisher
Ch.21 I'm Weak...I Know That
Ch.22 Mom's True Killer
Ch.23 A Quincy
Ch.25 An Unexpected Hero
Ch.26 The Candy Shop
Ch.27 Menos Grande
Ch.28 Max Power!
Ch.29 Feeling Down?
Ch.30 Human Vs. Soul Reapers
Ch.31 Quincy & Soul Reaper Vs. Soul Reapers
Ch.32 Substitute Soul Reaper Vs. Soul Reapers
Ch.33 Rukia's Final Save
Ch.34 Mr. Urahara To The Rescue
Ch.35 Training Begins
Ch.36 Training In Progress
Ch.37 It's Time
Ch.38 Get Ready...And Goodbye
Ch.39 ...Leave Then
Ch.40 You're A Soul Reaper
Ch.41 Voices In My Head
Ch.42 Train Your Heart Out
Ch.43 It's Our Turn
Ch.44 A Lieutenant Already?!
Ch.45 The Pass Still Hurts
Ch.46 Moving Forward
Ch.47 First Aid Is Here
Ch.48 Kenpachi Zaraki
Ch.49 To Save Or Not To Save
Ch.50 Risking Lives
Ch.51 The 28th Head Of The Kuchiki Clan
Ch.52 A New Development
Ch.53 Yoruichi The Cat
Ch.54 Bankai Training
Ch.55 Just Talking
Ch.56 Just Talking Some More
Ch.57 Losing Time & Making Amends
Ch.58 Sweet Dreams
Ch.59 Return To Me
Ch.60 Save Them
Ch.61 A Dead Man's Betrayal
Ch.62 Aizen's Flawless Plan
Ch.63 His True Goal
Ch.64 Feelings Running Wild
Ch.65 The Truth You Didn't Know
Ch.66 Capture The Evil...And Fail
Ch.67 The Power From Legends
Ch.68 Wish To Talk
Ch.69 The Truth Can Wait
Ch.70 Family Reunites
Ch.71 Silly Shenanigans
Ch.72 Our Truth
Ch.73 Idiotic Meeting
Ch.74 Forced Policies
Ch.75 Squad 10
Ch.76 Going Home
Ch.77 Home At Last
The End
Bonus Chapter: Protect At All Costs

Ch.24 Substitute Soul Reaper vs. Quincy

1.6K 52 1
By ninasweet998

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

It's been two days since a...Quincy showed himself to us. Ichigo's been a bit weird ever since Uryu showed up. I ran into Orihime the other day, and I questioned her about this Uryu Ishida. From what she told me, he's actually in the same class as Ichigo.

Of course, leave it to Ichigo to not remember names or faces. I swear, he would forget his head at times if he could.

I'm currently riding around town, speaking with ghosts. I've been trying to find any more clues about this Jin guy. No one in town knows him, so maybe he died after leaving me eight years ago.

As I come to a stop at an intersection, I spot something...sketchy. I watch as Ichigo was trailing Uryu.

Ichigo...this makes you look like a total creep.

I continue to watch as the two disappear onto a quiet road.

"..."

I would mind my own business, but I'm not letting his creepiness ruin the Kurosaki name. The last thing I need is for my sisters and I to be known as the girls with the stalker brother. I could care less what others think of Isshin.

Gripping the handles of my bike, I turn to track my stupid brother down.

Arriving on the same street as them. I spot Uryu and Ichigo staring each other down.

He must have noticed him. I park my bike and stand.

"Ichigo."

"Hmm? Oh, hey, Emiko. What's up?"

"Why are you stalking people in broad daylight?"

"Stalking?! No you got it all-"

"That looked like stalking to me."

"I- Oh never mind that! When did you notice?" he focuses his question towards Uryu.

"When you were spying on me from the classroom doorway with Inoue."

"Really? Since then?!"

"It's due to your foolish inability to restrain your spiritual energy. Even a monkey could do it."

"What'd you say?"

"You heard me. You seem to lack the ability to sense people with high spiritual energy. As for that evidence, you didn't notice my existence until we met two days ago."

"My bad, okay? I suck at remembering names and faces-"

"That's not it. I knew about your soul reaper powers for a while now. I even know when, in mid May, you acquired your powers. I also know Rukia Kuchiki's true identity."

Ichigo's eyes widen, as if he's seeing something. I'm not sure what though.

"That's...!"

"Yes, these are spiritual ribbons." Uryu begins to explain.

I wish I could see it though.

"Something that compresses and visualizes the spiritual auras in the atmosphere. Only high level soul reapers can visualize then and touch them. As one yourself, you should of heard of that. However-"

Lunging forward, Uryu stops and grabs the air right in Ichigo's face. He holds it tight as if he grabbed something.

"Did you know? A soul reapers ribbon is a different color. It's red."

Continuing, Uryu let's the air go as he backs away from Ichigo's face.

"I'm a Quincy. One who holds the power to kill Hollows. So...won't you fight me, Kurosaki? A battle between a soul reaper and a Quincy. Which will surpass the other I wonder."

He's going to fight Ichigo?

"I'll make you understand, that soul reapers are unnecessary in this world."

"...A fight?...Between you and I?"

"That's right."

"That...is ridiculous!"

"What did you say?"

"Me, compete against you? Why do I have to do that? It sounds stupid! Besides, my sister might get caught in the middle and get seriously injured."

"If she gets injured, that would be your fault, not mine."

"What was that?!"

"So...you're going to run away then?"

"I won't be provoked! Besides, I have nothing to do with your grudge with soul reapers."

"I see... You're a soul reaper whose power was granted to you by Kuchiki. Without her permission, you can't even move a finger."

"What'd you say?"

Oh, Ichigo...

"Let's give this competition thing a shot."

He reaches into his shirt pocket and pulls out a green pill.

Kon? ...Now that I think of it, he didn't try to break into my room this morning. Ichigo must have been carrying him around.

Popping the mod soul into his mouth, Ichigo leaves his body to Kon.

"Kon. Stay out of the way and keep Emiko safe."

"Right. Anything for my divine goddess-"

I punch Kon right in the gut, causing him to fall to the floor, crying.

"I told you to stop with the nicknames."

"Y-Yes... Miss...K-Kurosaki..."

"Better."

"Knock it off, will ya? You two watch as I pound this guy through the floor!"

"...Arrogant people usually don't do well."

"Shut up, Emiko!"

"She's right, you know." Kon agrees with me, standing up.

"Whatever! Now hurry up and explain the rules of this fight!" Ichigo addresses Uryu.

Holding something up, he responses.

"We'll begin the battle with this."

"What's that?"

"Hollow bait. If I crush this, then Hollows will gather in this town."

Wait. He can't do that.

"The one who defeats the most of the Hollows within 24 hours wins. How about that? You understand the rules?"

"Are you serious?" I question him.

"Quit screwing around!" my brother yells. "Are you trying to expose people in this town to danger for the sake of our fight?!"

"Worrying about other people is unnecessary! I will kill the gathered Hollows without leaving a single survivor! You as well...if you have the confidence to protect people from them. You should be able to take on this challenge."

Done with us, he crushes the bait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 852 31
[COMPLETED] BLEACH SPOILERS! IF YOU HAVENT SEEN EVERYTHING, DONT READ. IT CONTAINS SPOILERS You've been living with Urahara Kisuke ever since the ev...
8.6K 195 44
Ichigo and Tsubaki Kurosaki have always known that they were different from other people. After all only they could see spirits and the two men that...
41.7K 520 5
A "Bleach" - male reader insert. Rukia Kuchiki x Male Reader Rather than her fateful encounter with Ichigo Kurosaki, Rukia finds herself working in a...
5.7K 206 11
The story of how Ichigo and Orihime Came to be. this story will work from the day after the battle with Yhwach to maybe a week or so after we meet Ka...