Dicing With Death A Lex Jacks...

By jdoggy

David Adams, the first thriller author of debut spy novel and brother of Lex Jackson, is found dead after his... More

Introduction and Cast
Chapter 1:The spy's brother
Chapter 2:The assassin from the Shadows
Chapter3: The spy from the Alpha team
Chapter: 4 The are spies and There are red, team
Chapter 5:Legends and covers
Chapter 6: There a Russian spy here now
Chapter 7: Big Bad Wolves
Chapter 8: We need spies that look like are targets
Chapter 9: It's oldest the question of all who can spy on spies
Chapter 10: Somewhere a true believer is planning to kill you
Chapter 11:The handler
Chapter 12:The Black ops of the armorer
Chapter 13: There are no coincidences
Chapter14: Writers are spies.Outsiders. Believers in turning the pages
Chapter 15: The trip
Chapter 16:Always keep your friends close but your enemies closer
Chapter 17: The dirty underbelly spies of assassins
Chapter 18: No rest when you sleep in the den of shadows
Chapter 19:Once you lived inside -out world of espionage you never shed it
Chapter 20: Since really are really good you never what they are doing
Chapter 21:It's better to the hunter then the prey
Chapter 22: Someone is going around taking names
Chapter 23: There is no place where espionage is possbile
Chapter 24: Back into the shadows
Chapter 25:In a word he can rationalize all his actions
Chapter 26: Trust no one
Chapter 27: Dangerous times
Chapter 28: One rough man
Chapter 29: Expandable agent are those who own spies
chapter 30: There is no place where espionage not possible
Chapter 32: Nothing in the world is by coincidence
Chapter 33: You can never trust a spy even your own
Chapter 34: You need the most ruthless
Chapter 35: Anyone can decive us for a time
Chapter 36: Radioactive
Chapter 37: Secret operations are essential in war
Chapter 38: All secrets become dark
Chapter 39: Let your rapidity be that of the wind
Chapter 40: Bullet Train
Chapter 41: The Third time Enemy action
Chapter 42: Double agents are spies employed

Chapter 31: It's not always easy knowing when your in a secret

22 4 5
By jdoggy

Washington, DC Russian Federation embassy

Deputy Director Grigorevich pov:

The doors opened on the seventh floor, as deputy director Grigorevich strides down the corridor. He knew about the highly classified room that contained the mainframe of the SVR, and the GRU classified operations that were so sensitive it could topple any country's government. As deputy director, he was well aware of what those secrets were.

Grigorevich sauntered over the bubble room. As he approached, the GRU agent nodded at him and moved aside. The bubble room was massive with a bullet-proof window and steel reinforced door that could only be open by entering the encrypted code to unlock it.

Deputy Director Grigorevich darted into the secure room with all the servers and a massive mainframe screen that sat in front of the keyboard. Clicked on the keyboard as the screen lit up. After that, he typed in his password. In a few seconds, the screen flashed on with several files.

His fingers froze on the keyboard as his eyes narrowed on a highly classified file marked The White Nights, and clicked it on. Five minutes later, the file flashed on the screen with a warning in red.

Classified

Name: Ally Ruyan code-name Rogue

Operational Status: The White Nights deactivated.

Background: They were sleeper cell asssassiantion and penetrating unit that had been planted within the highest echelons of power of the US and Canadian government,  to assassinate the head of the government if both countries went to war against Russia.

After that Grigorevich typed in the name Rose Scorpio on the screen. A few minutes later the file  suddenly flashed onto the screen. He froze as a chill ran his back. No, it couldn't be?

So Rose Scorpio is Rogue, he thought

A plan became to form in his mind; he had always wondered what happened to Ruyan or if she had disappeared? But now he knew for sure that she was working somehow secretly working for the Resistance.

It wasn't until three weeks later that he had learned from his contacts in the GRU that Petrov had been killed by an assassin in Tallinn.   

He reached into his pocket, pulled out his burner, and entered a ten digit number for Triple-A7. He was sure that he would be pleased if he found out on Rose Scorpio. He held the phone up to his ear.

Triple-A7 reached into his pocket, pulling out his satellite phone and clicked the accept button before he spoke. Seeing that it was an encrypted unknown number, he knew that it had to be Deputy Director Grigorevich.

"What did you find out about Rose Scorpio," The arms dealer/hacker inquired.

"Rose Scorpio is really Ally Ruyan. This is bad, Triple. If she finds out that I had access to the GRU mainframe, she will have me killed," Grigorevich exclaimed.

"Grigorevich, You worry, too much Don't worry,, I will protect from Rogue," the arms dealer/hacker told him.

"How are you going to protect from one of the powerful, dangerous people walking this earth, tell me that," Grigorevich scowled.

"Easy because now I know Rose Scorpio really is. Plus, she works for me now. And if betrays me and goes after you, I will have her killed," the arms dealer/hacker replied.

"Nobody has ever had Rogue killed, trust me," Grigorevich remarked.

"I'm not nobody, trust me and you should know that by now," the arms dealer/hacker snarled.

Grigorevich ended the conversation on his burner, putting it back into his pocket inside his suit. He quickly logged off the GRU mainframe, rose from where he was sitting. Crunching hit his ears from behind, accelerating the already rampant pounding of his heart.

Any moment now the door would burst open probably with GRU agents gripped with MP7 submachine guns clutched in their grip. Well, he was going to down without a fight no chance oft hat happening.

Grigorevich drew his CZ pistol sliding a magazine into. There was no way that President Putin could have known that he was going to the bubble room. He rose from where he was sitting gripping his pistol clutched in his grip. He knew that he had to get out of here before the GRU agents burst in and open fire on him with their MP7 Submachines guns.

All sudden he noticed the sensor turned green as the door burst open with eleven GRU agents armed MP7 submachine guns clutched in their grip trained on him. Grigorevich tensed, not knowing what to do. He raised his pistol, pulling the trigger as he fired a bullet into one of the GRU agents and darted out of the bubble room as gunfire erupted.

It was now or never, he thought

If he would make it to the private elevator, he might have a chance. But what about the Russian counter snipers on top of the roof of the embassy? Grigorevich had to take a chance, it was the only option. Dashing down the corridor, he could hear his own heartbeat.

Just as he was about to push the button to wait for the elevator, he heard footsteps fast approaching. His pistol was down at his side. Knowing that these agents were probably Shoot to kill and not ask questions. Which meant one or two things: that they knew who was he and that he was a threat to Rose Scorpio/Rogue.

"Stop right there, we know that you accessed the GRU mainframe and accessed The White Nights redacted file," The GRU agent snarled.

"Do you  know who I am? I'm the goddamn Deputy Director of the SVR. If you kill me President Putin won't be too happy with you, I can promise you that," Grigorevich remarked.

The doors slid open as Grigorevich dashed into the elevator, firing more shots at the GRU agents. He still had ten rounds left in the magazine. Usually GRU officers or agents would stand down once you knew that were a Deputy Director but they didn't. Which got him thinking these agents were, actually assassins.

The GRU officer reached into a pocket in his camouflage jacket, pulled out his burner, and entered the secured encrypted number for Rose

Rose reached into her pocket grabbing her burner and clicked the accept button knowing that it to be one of her GRU agents who was actually an assassin. She held the phone up to her ear before she spoke.

"We have a problem. Deputy Director Grigorevich, got away before we could stop. And now he knows  who you really are," The GRU officer told her.

"Listen here he must be eliminated before he can make it out alive out of the Russian Federation embassy. I want you to order your counter sniper to kill once he steps outside the doors understand," Rose pressed.

"Yes,Madame Scorpio," The GRU agent answered.

The GRU agent ended the conversation on his burner before clicking his earpiece saying, "Omega you're authorized to terminate Deputy Director Grigorevich once he steps out the door,"

"Copy," The sniper replied through his earpiece.

The elevator doors opened on the main floor of the embassy Grigorevich darted out as he gripped his CZ pistol in his grip. His eyes darted back and forth searching for any sudden movements. Ahead of him was the metal detector with an armed GRU officer standing there. He had to take a chance here if it was his only chance of getting out.

Grigorevich made his way swiftly over to the metal detector while he lowered his weapon down at his side. Nothing could be left to chance here, he knew. Placing his pistol on the tray, he sauntered through the metal detector. The GRU officer was not either paying any attention to him. 

After walking through the metal detector he swifty snatched his pistol, his instincts told him something wasn't right here. If they were going to kill what they were waiting for?  Grigorevich strides down the old corridor to the front glass doors.

Grabbing the door with his other free hand, he felt a chill run down his back. A Strange feeling overtook him like a warning. But what was it? He could tell by the trees blowing that there was a slight breeze. If they had an assassin waiting somewhere in his perch waiting for his move to pull the trigger.

Not knowing where the assassin was nerve reckoning, Grigorevich stepped out on the first step outside the embassy. This time he was alert. He guessed he could make a run for it, but maybe that was what the assassin was waiting for? So many times he had ordered his agents and sleeper agents to penetrate The US Intelligence services, now he was facing a choice that he might have to make.

Grigorevich dashed down the steps as his eyes darted everywhere looking anything out of place. His finger felt the trigger on his suppressed pistol. Ever since he had gone into business with the Resistances, knowing how powerful and dangerous they were. It was all to make Russia a superpower again. Yes, he hated the U.S. For what it did to his country. 

The Russian sniper peered  through the scope on the AR-30 bolt action sniper rifle. She noted the wind was blowing with a slight breeze so she would adjust the elevation turret on her sniper rifle. She fingered the trigger as the bullet flew out of the barrel at the speed feet per second. The Target dropped to the ground.

The sniper clicked her Bluetooth earpiece saying" Omega this Rasputin. The target has been eliminated and no longer a problem for Rouge,"

"Rasputin, Rogue will please to hear that," The GRU agent replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2M 201K 31
After she tragically loses her mother, Cassie turns to street fighting-but she soon learns that the biggest fights happen outside the ring. ...