๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฃ๐จ๐›; byler

Av itsjustbyler

โ˜†.๏ฝก.:*In Which Will takes a summer job in a small town restaurant, and Mike is the son of the restaurants own... Mer

i n t r o
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l e v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y- o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y- s e v e n
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
e p i l o g u e
a u t h o r ' s n o t e

t w e n t y - e i g h t

14.8K 459 2.2K
Av itsjustbyler

▪ ▪ ▪

𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐚.𝐧!

okay so before I start this chapter I would just like to say- ACAB!! I planned this so long ago so I don't want to scrap it, and also it's really not like that in my country so I forgot. I just wanted to stress that acab and this is just for the plot and because i'm dumb so I tried to change it a bit and made some stuff up so just know that I in no way support the police- and sadly what I'm writing here doesn't exist. anyways-

𝐀𝐂𝐀𝐁!!

▪ ▪ ▪

will didn't know what he had expected a police station to look like- but it wasn't this.

he had always assumed that police stations would seem much more professional: a holding cell full of interesting perps, people getting interviewed by the policemen everywhere- perhaps someone crying as a detective provided them with some heartbreaking news.

he had expected florscent lights, loads of tables and a busy rush of action.

maybe he had watched too much television: because this place looked nothing like that.
well, to be totally fair maybe it was just because it was like, 3 am, and maybe it was because this was just a tiny beach town that probably didn't experience much crime anyway.

this place was a tiny room, quiet and peaceful. as far as will could see, there were maybe eight people there: five police officers, recognizable by their pale purple uniforms (purple?! will wondered), one old woman, and a bored-looking tween.

the only similarity between this room and the police station in will's imagination was the holding cell in the very back: but unlike the one will had envisioned, this one was completely empty and spotlessly clean. it looked more decorative than anything.

one of the police officers, a tall girl with dark brown hair, was sitting by the old woman. they were talking hushed voices, and occasionally the officer would type something on the computer.
two other police officers, both brown-haired girls, were chatting by a beat-down printer. the old machine struggled and shook, coughing the document they were waiting for with effort.

they didn't seem to mind at all.

another brown-haired girl in the pale uniform was sitting on a slightly-tattered couch by the bored looking kid, asking him some questions. he didn't even look at her, staring intently at his phone.

the last officer- the only boy in the station- was sitting on a chair by the entrance, humming a song as he fiddled around with his phone.

so yeah. it's safe to say it was nothing like will thought it would be.

"this is the police station?" will asked jane quietly as they entered because there was no way this living-room thing could be a police station. to his dismay, jane shook her head slightly.

"not really. we don't have a police station here, the nearest one is thirty-five minutes away, but this is our law enforcement. they can help, trust me- and they don't belong to the corrupt organization that is the police."

"acab, man, but not this organization ." max added in a hushed voice, and just as they finished their quiet explanation the group entered the room.

maybe the fact that it was so empty should've made him feel better- but it just meant that more eyes would be on him. a busy office would've at least let him slip in and out without making a fuss, but now they were completely through the door and immediately all the eyes in the station shifted to them.

the brown-haired officer by the entrance lifted his eyes from the phone to look at them, his humming ceasing. he seemed slightly surprised to see the three teens marching in, but the surprise on his face only lasted a little before his expression melted into a friendly smile.

"good early-morning," he said, "what can we help you with?"

for a second they were silent, and will realized it was his turn to talk- but he couldn't really. jane squeezed his hand tighter, and he turned to look at her. her face expressed a very clear question- want me to do it for you?

and he wanted her to- he really, really wanted her to- but at the same time, he knew he had to do it. he had to because it would be his way to break the chain tyler had around him.

so he looked at the not-quite-police-but-better officer in front of him again, and he wasn't smiling anymore but he didn't seem annoyed, just like he was listening, and his dark brown eyes were friendly and the tag on his shirt said theo- and could someone called theo who's wearing a light purple uniform and wasn't a police-officer-but-could-help-him be anything but nice? he didn't think so.

and so he took a deep breath, that brought so much air into his lungs his next sentence should have come out like a fucking roar...

"i want to report someone, please," he said, and his voice wasn't the mighty roar he should've been capable of but a shaky, quiet tone that really didn't sound like his own.

but he had said it.

at least he had said it.

theo's expression didn't change and will was grateful for that- because the moment the words left his mouth every strength he held in him evaporated, and he was sure if theo had awarded him the same pitying glance jane and max had shown, he was sure he wouldn't be able to stay in the station. even without it, his legs started shaking so violently he thought he may collapse.
theo just nodded, his eyes thoughtful.

"of course, just give me one second, mr-?" he asked.
"byers. will byers," max answered for him without asking. but this time he was grateful. he couldn't talk, not when all his strength was wasted on holding himself up. 

theo got up and turned to look at the station behind him, speculating.
"massiel, are you done with ms. hernandez?" he asked the officer interviewing the old woman. massiel nodded- "was just about to finish." 

then, theo walked to the couch, tapping the kid on his shoulder.
"thank you for your help, dylan. you can go now." the kid didn't respond, just got up and left- phone still in hand. the old woman, ms. hernandez, was right behind him. The officer who had been sitting next to the kid, emily her tag said, sighed in relief the moment he was out of the station.
"thank god. he really wasn't helping at all and honestly, kid's a brat." there were bags under her light blue eyes, and will had the suspicion she had been sitting with this kid for a while.
theo laughed slightly, and continued to commend the officers in a respectful and calm, yet authoritative voice.
"maya, if you could prepare the room- we're gonna take mr. byers' statement. lottie, get him some water and meet us there." two of the women got up and started walking, each in a different direction. 

"emily, massiel, if you would make these two ladies some tea?" he asked.
"no, we want to go with him-" max started, but theo cut her off.

"i'll take it from here, and you can wait right outside. is that okay with you, will?"
and honestly? it was. it was terrifying, sure, but it was okay. better than okay- because maybe it would be easier without them, because it was still quite embarrassing. and these officers, with their nice brown hair and empathetic eyes- they made him feel like maybe it was okay.

so when theo offered him his hand, he didn't hesitate- and followed him down a corridor he had missed in his initial scan, down into a small room, his heart beating out of his chest.

▪ ▪ ▪

it took a while.

the not-quite-police-officers were actually way sweeter than will ever thought they would be- and being alone in the room with theo, the brown-eyed maya and blue-eyed lottie, made it way easier. maybe it was the fact that they were strangers, maybe it was how intently they listened to his words, without judgment or the pity he feared- just empathy.  and there were documents to fill, and the once-ice cold water lottie had gotten for him was almost warm when they were finished.

for a swift second, there was quiet. will watched as the three officers talked quietly, so quietly he couldn't hear. he tapped his hands on the table- anxious. 

he couldn't understand what they were saying but he was pretty sure theo looked worried and just as it was getting unbearable a sigh of contempt broke out. it was lottie: she ran her hand through her brown hair with annoyance and stepped away from their little huddle- but just as will was worried she was annoyed at him, she spoke.
"that tyler kid! i knew we should've arrested him when-"

"sealed records lottie, and a civilian present, remember?" maya reminded her quietly, though she seemed just as ticked off.

"when what? are you going to arrest him now?" will asked with desperation, hoping that maybe there was something... both women looked at theo, who was obviously in charge- but he let out a sigh almost identical to lottie's.

"sadly, we can't do that." will felt panic rising in his chest. they couldn't? why couldn't they? if they couldn't stop him who could, and-
theo spoke again.
" look, i'll be totally honest with you, will. if i could order it, emily and massiel would already be on their way to arrest him. you did the right thing coming here, but sadly that's not something we can do- not until we have solid proof that it was him."

"we believe you, of course. it... makes sense with this kid's history," maya hurried to add, "but we can't arrest someone based on your words alone."

"hey, it's okay! there are still things we can do," theo spoke again, and will realized that his face must be mimicking the despair he felt.
"i propose that you go home and sleep, get some rest. i bet it was a long day. tomorrow you can come back, and we'll discuss the next steps."

now lottie was stepping forwards, and she put her hand on will's reassuringly.
"and if he ever, ever! lays a hand on you again, he'll be arrested faster than you can blink."
theo nodded, confirming her promise.

will didn't know how to feel- his head was a mix of exhaustion, despair, relief, fear- it was so many emotions at once, he almost felt numb. and though the not-quite police's offer wasn't what he had hoped for, it was better than nothing.
so he nodded, trying a smile.

"thank you," he said, his voice still not quite his. he rose up, and left the room without waiting for their response. he didn't want to be rude, but suddenly he was all talked out. all he wanted was to get to his room, get in bed.

max and jane were waiting on the sofa outside, sitting with the two other officers. they jumped up the moment they saw him, but he put a hand forward, kind of warning them. he didn't want to talk. he just wanted to be in his room, so he could process it all.

luckily, they understood. jane mumbled a quick thank you to the two officers and the two girls hurried to join will as he walked outside.

and they walked in silence. will could feel their eyes on him, and knew they were dying for an explanation- and that he owed them one... but he couldn't. not today.
when they reached the familiar crossroads, he stopped.

"thanks for coming with me, guys. seriously." he said, "i'm just going to head to bed now, you should get some sleep too. i think i'll be late to work today-"

max paused him. "nope. you're not coming at all. i'm serious, byers. if i see you by the restaurant today i'm taking out the old broomstick- and trust me, it'll be enough to whoop your ass back to bed."

will responded with an exhausted smile, too tired to laugh.
"thanks. i'll explain it all later, i promise," he said.

"there's no rush. you did great will, we're so proud of you," jane said, smiling her beautiful smile at him- and then they turned down one of the roads, and will went the opposite way.

the house was just a few streets away, and will practically sleep-walked through them. his mind was too foggy to really process anything that had happened- it could barely do anything more than keep his eyes open, keep him shuffling forward in his sluggish pace. nothing but walking, and a vague sense of self-pride.

and that vague self-pride building in him may have turned into a real, gut warming pride that will hadn't felt in so long, and this evening could've ended with a win for will- could've ended perfectly- if it wasn't for the boy blocking the path.

tall, hoodie. beautiful green eyes, beautiful brown hair. his perfect, beautiful face: beautiful and so, so angry.

because suddenly, tyler brady green was standing in front of him.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗𝐭𝐡. 𝟐𝟐𝟒𝟏 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬.

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬: THIS WAS SO LONG KHFSEGXJ SORRY
also thanks to everyone who let me insert them in here because i'm too lazy to come up with oc's:))

Fortsett รฅ les

You'll Also Like

74.3K 2.6K 18
โ˜†.๏ฝก.:* In which we read the diary of Will Byers, a CF patient who may have just met the love of his life. The only problem? He's a Cfer too... โ˜†.๏ฝก.:...
48K 925 37
Mike Wheeler is a Prince. Will Byers is a peasant. What will happen when they cross paths? Will a sparkle of hope shine for the two of them? Under co...
3.2K 97 25
This is set to 2018. Will Byers never really had a good social life. He only had two friends. Max and El. But what's happens when a certain someone f...