e i g h t e e n

▪ ▪ ▪ 

will was only 7 minutes late- yet still, by the time he pushed the front door open, the brown-haired boy was already waiting.

tyler was leaning by one of the pillars of the beautiful house, looking completely at ease. he really was very handsome: seeing him from the side will noticed how sharp his jawline was, how perfectly chiseled all his features seemed to be. everything about him was absolutely perfect, like a chiseled statue from ancient rome- if the statue was wearing a loos gray t-shirt, tight bluejeans and a beanie. 

will kind of looked at him for a moment, not approaching. he just couldn't believe this was real. guys that looked like tyler green always seemed to look over will, never noticing him. 

but not tyler. he looked, he saw. he was nice, he was sweet- he actually read! he knew what perks of being a wallflower was... he ran an actual freaking bookstore!

so finally, standing in the dim light of the street lamps and looking at the guy who was going to be his first official date ever, will finally felt himself get a little excited.

and then the perfect face turned, that shaggy brown hair slapping across it lightly, and tyler saw him. his mouth twitched into a smile, and he waved slightly.

"hey, will!" he said, moving away from the pillar to approach him.

"h-hi," will replied, returning the gestures. before he could say anything else- or more accurately before he could focus on his frantic brain trying to come up with something to say, tyler was next to him, and then suddenly his arms were up and he was hugging will.

a light, friendly hug. barely even a hug- and though will's stomach didn't turn like it seemed to when he hugged him, the warmth made him smile a little more. it felt nice. maybe not as nice as with mi-

no. it felt nice- and that's all that mattered. he wouldn't think of the m word tonight.

"you look really, um, really great," tyler said when he pulled away, glancing into will's eyes and then to the ground quickly.

"thanks," will mumbled, turning bright red, "you do too."

and then came the dreaded silence.

is this how dates are supposed to go? was he the one who was supposed to say something next? he was really too awkward for that. what could he even say?

so they kept looking at the ground, not talkinng- until.

"just kiss already!"

max's voice called from his window, breaking the silence of the night sky.

the laughter broke out at once. both tyler and will laughed, he didn't know if it was awkward laugh or just because that really had been quite funny.

maybe a little of both.

"thanks max, i think we got it," will called back to her, looking up. he couldn't see her, but after another second her voice boomed again.

"well you're just standing there and it's boring, do something!"

will laughed a little louder.