f i f t e e n

▪ ▪ ▪ 

the first thing that registered in his head when he woke up was ouch.

a huge, huge ouch.

his head felt like it had been trampled by a carnival of dancing elephants, and the sun made his eyes feel like they were bleeding. as he became more and more awake, the only thing he could think was so that's how corpses feel.

he groaned deeply, burying his head inside his pillow.

so this is why you shouldn't drink.

no matter how much fun he had the night before, nothing was worth this terrible feeling. he actually, literally, felt dead. 
and had he even have fun last night? he barely remembered anything- the only thing he knew for sure was that he had been a complete idiot. ugh, why would he do this? what had gone over him, what had made him think he should drink for the first time in his life while at a new town when he had work the next day?

shit. work the next day- which meant work today. now.

his mind was sluggish, and everything sorta' hurt, and all he wanted was to go back to sleep- but there was no choice. he got up slowly, wincing as his head protested.

from the bed- straight to the bathroom, but apparently his hungover body couldn't stand the walk because suddenly everything was spinning and he almost fell down. he grasped onto the bathroom counter tightly, so tightly that his fingers turned white, and took a few deep breaths before looking up, straight into the mirror.

he looked as bad as he felt. his hair looked like a bird had nested there, his eyes were sunken inside dark bags- and he had never been this pale.

so this must be how corpses look.

he groaned again, cursing at himself for doing something this dumb. his eyes dropped from the zombie-boy glaring at him through the mirror, and fell straight onto objects he hadn't seen before.

on the counter, right next to the sink, was a tall glass of water and two small, blue pills. a note was lying against the glass.

i thought you might need these.

will didn't recognize the handwriting and had no idea where the pills came from, but couldn't care one bit. he immediately swallowed the pill and took a large swing of the warm water. he didn't care- anything to get the headache to stop.

he stumbled into the shower, and as the cold water brought him back to life just a little bit his mind raced with hazy memories. nothing concrete: stairs, laughing- a lot of laughing.... jane and max holding him up- and that's basically it. he had zero idea what he might've done the night before-

and really, really didn't want to find out.

▪ ▪ ▪ 

"look who it is!"

will groaned again, covering his ears with his hands.
"please, no yelling. i think i'm dying."

max and jane laughed, coming to stand by his side. the restaurant was still pretty much empty, though opening hour was long past. will was super, super late- and once again, couldn't care less. lucky for him, neither did the girls.