f o u r

▪ ▪ ▪

the evening with max and jane was more fun than will could've hoped for- and even with his exhaustion, they ended up staying at the small bar until well past midnight.

he really, really enjoyed spending time with them. they made him feel so welcome, so belonged: and even though they were dating, will didn't feel like a third wheel for even a second.

it seemed like they actually, sincerely wanted to spend time with him. 

one day in his new job, and he was already feeling more at home than he ever felt at Hawkins.

so by the time they finally walked him to the huge house just behind the beach, with the huge glass windows and flawless white marble edging, will was so happy he was practically floating on air. 

he hugged the two girls bye and proceeded to knock on the tall door lightly. 

he felt kind of bad, coming back so late on his first day of a job; what if he woke his bosses up or worse yet, what if they didn't wake up and he wouldn't be able to get in-

but his anxiety roller-coaster was interrupted when the door opened by a blonde woman wearing a light blue robe, a sweet smile on her face.

"you must be will. i'm karen, i own the anchor. we spoke on the phone!" she said and reached out to shake will's hand. he took it, smiling shyly.

"yeah, thanks for having me, mrs. wheeler. i'm so sorry for coming back so late-"

she waved him off, smiling again.
"don't apologize. come in, please!" and she moved to let him through.

he hurried in, letting her close the door behind her.

"so, your room is the first door on the second floor. please feel free to come and go, roam around the house as you wish- i want you to enjoy your stay as much as possible. any laundry can be put in the basket in your room, it'll be returned to you washed and folded. housekeeping comes twice a week, monday and wednesday, and your paycheck will be given on the last day of your stay. any questions?" she said, the heaves of information leaving her mouth so fast will could barely keep up.

"n-no, i think i got it. thank you!" he returned, and she smiled once again.

"i'm going to head to bed. it was nice to meet you!" she said.
"you too, thanks for having me," will replied, and she nodded as she started down the hall.

will held on to his bag a little tighter and started up the grand staircase in the middle of the room. he silently thanked god that he was wearing those sneakers, because he couldn't even imagine trying to go up quietly with flip flops like the ones max wore, and fantasized about the warm shower he could take in just about 5 seconds, about finally sleeping- and as he imagined, he reached the second floor and slipped through the first door quietly as he could.

he sighed in relief and turned to face the room he would be staying in- except, this couldn't be it.

it was huge, at least twice the size of his room back home. there was a huge glass screen leading to a small terrace, and the light blue walls were covered with posters of bands and movies.