f i v e

▪ ▪ ▪

the sun woke him up.

will groaned, not quite ready to wake up yet-but the bright morning sun that washed over the room didn't leave him much choice. it didn't matter how hard he tried to cling to the sleep, the light made it flid faster and faster each second. 

he opened his eyes, sitting up slightly- and for a moment, alarm washed over him. where was he? this beautiful room definitely wasn't his... but as the last traces of drowsiness and sleep evaporated, he finally remembered that he wasn't home, that he was in this tiny wonderful beach town making his dream come true.

and for a brief moment, the incident from the previous night not yet registering, he was so happy a smile crept onto his lips.

and then it did, and the smile stopped in its tracks. shades of that same humiliation he had felt last night washed through him once again: but not quite as harshly. yesterday it was pure, awful, hurt. but looking back, it seemed almost ridiculous that this one sentence managed to hurt him so deeply. now that he was well-rested and had had time to process it, it was more... irritating.

degrading, dumb and irritating. like this dude he had never met before had a right to say something like that about him. it just made him mostly very annoyed.

but he shook it out of his head, remembering the promise he had made to himself right before bed. an asshole wouldn't ruin his summer. he wouldn't let it ruin his morning when it had basically ruined his night.

so instead he focused on the room, that he was now taking in for the very first time (he had been too bothered last night to actually pay attention to it).

it was smaller than mike's room, but still much bigger than his room at home. the walls were light blue- in fact, everything was varying shades of blue: the bedding of the huge queen mattress he was so comfortably buried in was dark blue, the two armchairs facing the small television were also blue, and so was the small carpet in the middle of the white- planked floor.

and of course, on one wall was a huge glass screen, that was bringing all that sun into the room.

will pulled the covers from over him, getting up slowly. his bare feet hit the floor ever so gently, creating a soft thud as he walked to the screen.

immediately he felt his spirit lift- as the window was watching straight to the beautiful beach. he pulled the screen to the side, letting it slide smoothly as he stepped to the tiny terrace.

he stood on it, just letting the morning wind was over him. watching the beach: even though it was early, the beach was already beginning to fill with people. the ocean water was packed with surfers and now will didn't really mind that he had awoken so early.

in hawkins, he hated waking up early: but that's just because there was nothing to do. here, he wanted to be awake. he wanted to take a shower and go down to the beach and finally take a swim in those beautiful waters, he wanted to meet max and jane again and go to work and stay out until late.

he wanted to do it all- and so waking up early seemed perfect.

▪ ▪ ▪ 

and so, barely 15 minutes later, will was ready to head out. he had showered, found his swim trunks and put them on under his uniform- there was a whole stack of those sea-green shirts and black shorts waiting on his bathroom drawer.