t w e n t y - e i g h t

▪ ▪ ▪

𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐚.𝐧!

okay so before I start this chapter I would just like to say- ACAB!! I planned this so long ago so I don't want to scrap it, and also it's really not like that in my country so I forgot. I just wanted to stress that acab and this is just for the plot and because i'm dumb so I tried to change it a bit and made some stuff up so just know that I in no way support the police- and sadly what I'm writing here doesn't exist. anyways-

𝐀𝐂𝐀𝐁!!

▪ ▪ ▪

will didn't know what he had expected a police station to look like- but it wasn't this.

he had always assumed that police stations would seem much more professional: a holding cell full of interesting perps, people getting interviewed by the policemen everywhere- perhaps someone crying as a detective provided them with some heartbreaking news.

he had expected florscent lights, loads of tables and a busy rush of action.

maybe he had watched too much television: because this place looked nothing like that.
well, to be totally fair maybe it was just because it was like, 3 am, and maybe it was because this was just a tiny beach town that probably didn't experience much crime anyway.

this place was a tiny room, quiet and peaceful. as far as will could see, there were maybe eight people there: five police officers, recognizable by their pale purple uniforms (purple?! will wondered), one old woman, and a bored-looking tween.

the only similarity between this room and the police station in will's imagination was the holding cell in the very back: but unlike the one will had envisioned, this one was completely empty and spotlessly clean. it looked more decorative than anything.

one of the police officers, a tall girl with dark brown hair, was sitting by the old woman. they were talking hushed voices, and occasionally the officer would type something on the computer.
two other police officers, both brown-haired girls, were chatting by a beat-down printer. the old machine struggled and shook, coughing the document they were waiting for with effort.

they didn't seem to mind at all.

another brown-haired girl in the pale uniform was sitting on a slightly-tattered couch by the bored looking kid, asking him some questions. he didn't even look at her, staring intently at his phone.

the last officer- the only boy in the station- was sitting on a chair by the entrance, humming a song as he fiddled around with his phone.

so yeah. it's safe to say it was nothing like will thought it would be.

"this is the police station?" will asked jane quietly as they entered because there was no way this living-room thing could be a police station. to his dismay, jane shook her head slightly.

"not really. we don't have a police station here, the nearest one is thirty-five minutes away, but this is our law enforcement. they can help, trust me- and they don't belong to the corrupt organization that is the police."

"acab, man, but not this organization ." max added in a hushed voice, and just as they finished their quiet explanation the group entered the room.