Another Argent?

By JosieS11

Clara Argent is Alison Argents cousin and is the daughter of Kate Argent. After not seeing their family in a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
NEW BOOK

Chapter 17

1.4K 26 0
By JosieS11

When I wake up it was about 4am. I decided not to go back to sleep but not to get out of bed. I grab my chemistry text book so I can read over a few notes whilst waiting for alarm go go off. I not only went over my chemistry but my english, maths and economics notes.

When my alarm rang I finally got out of bed. I got straight in the shower. Once I got out of the shower I blow dry and curled my hair. I then chose out my outfit for the day, which was a maroon chunky jumper tucked into a black skater skirt. I then put on some black tights and my ankle boots.

I put my books in my bag and head downstairs. "Sit." Allison says when I walk into the kitchen. I sit down at the table where Victoria hands me a plate with a breakfast waffle on it. I smile and then eat as much of the waffle as I can. I ate the majority of it so Allison was happy about that.

3rd period I had a free period so I went to my grandfather's office with Allison. I need to somehow get out of being grounded to help Stiles with Jackson. We head to the principles office and wait for him to call us in.

"So who did you say you were studying after school with?" Grandpa asks finally taking a seat. "Lydia." Me and Allison say and sync causing him to smile at us. "We're prepping for our history mid term." Allison says and he nods. "History was one of my favourites, especially military history." He says and I smile softly at him.

"Ever heat the phrase, 'know thy enemy'?" Grandpa asks and Allison looks at me. "Its from the art of war by Sun Tzu." I say and he nods his head in approval. "Very good. Know what it means?" He questions and I smile before answering. "In order to win a battle, one must know everything they can about their enemy." I say and Allison smiles at me. "Right again." He says and I smile.

"Your uncle and your father and I happen to be having that very problem. We've got an enemy about which we know next to nothing. It killed one of our own, among others." He says and Allison nods. "We've heard." She says and sighs softly.

"Did you hear Jackson Whittemore didn't show to school today?" He says and I take a deep breath before playing of this massive lie that 'I know nothing about what happened to Jackson'. "He didn't?" Allison questions. "His parents called, and so did the police." He says and I furrow my eyebrows. "You two wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" He questions. "I've hardly ever spoke to Jackson, we're not best buddies. How would we know where he is or what he's doing?" I question whilst furrowing my eyebrows.

"Let me tell you what I know. I know a teenager's first instinct is to protect their friends. And I believe my granddaughters would always want to protect their friends, even if it meant lying." He says standing up and walking behind us.

"So, I want to ask one more question." He says and I turn on my side. "Your Kate's daughter so something tells me this won't work on you." He says and puts his fingers on Allison's neck. "I just need to get a sense if your pulse." He says and I look at Allison who was looking at me worriedly.

"Do you know anything about Jackson being missing?" He asks. "No." Allison says bluntly. "Is he in trouble?" Grandpa asks. "I don't know. I don't know." Allison says stammering. "Does this have anything to do with Scott?" He asks and I roll my eyes. "No. I mean, I don't.... I don't know." Allison says and I take a deep breath.

"Your pulse jumped." Grandpa says and Allison jumps up. "That's because you're scaring me." Allison says. "I'm sorry, sweetheart. That was definitely going way too far." He says and Allison looks down. "No kidding." She says and I stand up. "It wasn't right for me to use tactics like that. I'm sorry." Grandpa says and I grab my bag. "Can we go now. I want to atleast do a little bit of studying before my free period ends." I say and they nod. "I'll tell Chris you two are studying, don't be home too late." He says and I smile before stepping out of his office.

When we walk out of his office there was a man putting up cameras. Ne and Allison looked at each other confused before looking at our Grandfather. "Go ahead." He says nodding. We walk down the school looking at the cameras and I just sigh.

After our free period we had English. I sit behind Allison and she sits across from Scott. Stiles wasn't answering his phone so I don't know how to tell him they know Jackson wasn't well. "Scott." Allison whispers trying to get his attention. "Scott." She whispers and standing up slightly. But we all look to the door as our teacher comes in. Only it isn't our teacher its auntie Victoria.

"I'm afraid your teacher was feeling ill today and had to leave early." She says going to sit on the desk. "So, unfortunately, you're stuck with me as a substitute." She says smiling smugly at me and Allison before glancing around the class room. "Can anyone catch me up to speed on where we are?" She says then looks ar Scott. "Mr McCall, how about you?" She says and Scott pulls out his book and starts flicking through the pages.

Once the lesson was done. Victoria called for Allison to stay behind. "I'll meet you at my locker." I say and she nods and I head out of the classroom to catch up with Scott.

"They know Jackson is missing, I'm gonna ditch and tell Stiles." I say and he nods. He tells me exactly where Stiles is then I head to my locker where Allison meets me.

"Can you drop me to the preserve so I can tell Stiles everything." I say and she nods. "Sure." She says and I smile. We then head out of school and she drops me to the preserve.

I see Stiles leaning against the side of a police vehicle. I walk towards him and he screams making me laugh. "Oh my god." He says and I laugh. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at school?" Stiles asks and my expression turns serious.

"They know." I say and he looks at me confused. "What?" He says. "They know Jackson's missing." I say seriously. "No, they can't. I've been texting his parents since last night. They don't have a clue" He says showing me Jackson's phone and I shake my head. "My grandfather told me his parents went to the police. They know." I say and his expression drops. He looks at the phone and starts whimpering and his arms start flying around. He heads to the police vehicle and puts on the police radio and I follow him.

He switches it on and a voice speaks out. "All available units proceed to Beacon Hills Preserve as instructed." It says and my eyes widen. "Proceed with caution until Sheriff Stilinski's arrival." Stiles turns to me worried when the radio speaks again. "Repeat. Proceed with caution." It says and Stiles groans.

We jump into the vehicle whilst Stiles does something on Jackson's phone. "Where are we going?" I ask looking over at him. "Far away from this." He says throwing the phone out of the window then driving off.

Allison and Scott meet us at the woods and we walk over to the cliff. "If Jackson doesn't remember being the Kanima. He's definitely not gonna remember stealing Danny's tablet." Scott says scratching the back of his neck. "Why would he steal the thing if he doesn't even know what's on it?" Stiles says.

"What if someone else took it?" I ask and they all look at me. "Then somebody else knows what he is." Stiles says and me and Allison sigh in sync. "Which could mean someone's protecting him." Scott says. "Like the bestiary says, 'the Kanima seeks a friend' , right?" Allison says. "Okay hold on. So, somebody watches Jackson make a video of himself turning into the Kanima and then just erases part of it so he wouldn't know? Who would want to do that?" Stiles asks. "Somebody who wanted to protect him?" I question.

"There's something else." Scott says and we all then turn to him. "You said the only thing you found online about the kanima is that it goes after murderers. What if that's actually true?" Scott says. "Well, no, it can't be. It tried to kill all of us, remember? I don't know about you three, but I haven't murdered anybody lately." Stiles says and I nod. "He's got a point." I say and Scott shakes his head for no.

"But I don't think that it was actually trying to kill us. Remember when we were at Isaac's the first time, it just went right by us, didn't it?" Scott says turning to me and Allison. "He's right it just ran off." Allison says nodding slightly. "And it didn't kill you in the mechanic's garage." Scott says looking between me and Stiles. "Well, yeah, but it tried to kill me and Derek in the pool." Stiles says. "Did it?" Scott says in a sceptical tone and I look at him confused. "It would've, it was waiting for us to come out." Stiles says. "What if it was trying to keep you in?" Scott asks and Stiles looke at him shocked. "

Why do I feel so violated all of a sudden?" Stiles says. "Because there's something else going on. We don't know what it is. We don't know anything about what's going on with Jackson or why someone's protecting him." Scott says. "Know thy enemy." Allison says out of the blue and we all turn to look at her. "Just something our grandfather said" Allison says with a sceptical look on her face.

"All right, I got it. Kill Jackson. Problem solved." Stiles says and I scoff. "He risked his life for us. Against Peter, you remember that?" Scott says and I roll my eyes. "Yes, but what did we just find out? He got the bite from Derek. It's funny how he just got exactly what he wanted by supposedly risking his life for us, it's funny." He says bobbing slightly.

"Yeah, it doesn't mean he's not worth saving." Scott says and I roll my eyes. "Its ways something with him, though." Stiles says. "He doesn't know what he's doing." Scott says and Stiles rolls his eyes. "So what?" He asks. "So, I didn't either." Scott says and Stiles sighs.

"You remember when I almost killed you and Jackson?" Scott says to Allison and she nods softly. "I had someone to stop me. He has nobody." Scott says and Stiles sighs. "That's his own fault." He says. Scott scoffs "Doesn't matter. If we can save him, we should try." He says and before Stiles says anything I put my hand on his shoulder. "If anything happens, it's on you." I say to Scott and he nods.

Me and Stiles were now going to get food in Stiles Jeep. "How was school, did I miss anything important?" He asks and I shake my head slightly. "Nah not really except they've put camera's up now." I say and he glances over at me shocked. "Seriously?" He asks and I nod.

After we get our food, we decide to eat in Stiles car before heading back to the woods. "How much trouble do you recon you'll get in if your dad finds out?" I ask Stikes before shoving a curly fry in my mouth. "A lot." He says and I laugh. "How much trouble are you in, from last night?" Stiles asks and I sigh. "Not bad grounded for three days, even though I saved his life." I say shrugging. "Parents." He says rolling his eyes and I smile at him.

"So what's gonna happen with Jackson?" I ask and turn to Stiles who has a mouth full of curly fries. I laugh and he quickly chews his food. "Um, I guess we just need him to believe." He says shrugging.

"So have you gotten any closer to Lydia?" I ask and he shakes his head no. "Oh come on Stiles, what are you waiting for?" I ask and he sighs. "I don't know." He says and I hold his hand. "Come on Stilinski. You'll never know how good you two are until you try." I say and he sighs. "Clara she loves Jackson, when she gets over him I'll uh consider it." He says nervously.

When we get back to the woods the back of the police vehicle was open and Jackson wasn't in it. "Fuck." I say and we walk over to Allison's car.

Allison was lying on top of Scott. I knock on the window and theh both turn to look at us whilst covering themselves up. "You might wanna take a look at this." Stiles says and they throw their clothes and follow us to the vehicle.

We all stare at it then Allison speaks up. "I need to tell my father." She says and I glance at her from the other side of Stiles and I nod. Scott starts walking slowly back to the cliff and I look at him confused. "Scott. He's going to kill someone." Allison says and I groan and Stiles turns to me. "I'm gonna be in so much trouble." I say and he laughs softly. "Okay, tell him. Tell him everything." Scott says and Stiles sighs.

"Scott, I gotta tell mine, too." Stiles says and I slide my hand into his. "This is all my fault." Scott says. "It's not. But we have to tell them we're just a bunch of teenagers. We can't handle this. " Ally says shaking her head and I sigh. "You're right." Scott says then I look up at Stiles.

"How you gonna make your dad believe all this?" I ask and he shrugs. "I don't know." He says and sighs. We look at Scott who turns around and makes his eyes glow. "He'll believe me." Scott says.

"Come on Clara." Allison says and I hug Stiles who looked unbelievably stressed and worried. I then follow Allison to her car where we then head home.

When we get home we head up to Allison's room. Allison switches on the light to reveal a Lydia sat on the bed. Whilst I jump at the sight of her, Allison just gasps. "You scared the hell out of me." I say putting my hand on my heart and sitting next to her on Allison's bed. "I've been sitting here for an hour waiting for you guys." Lydia says.

"We can't hand out right now Lydia." Allison says bluntly whilst putting her stuff down. "I don't need anyone to hand out with. I need someone to talk to." She says and I turn to look at her confused. "I understand that it's important but if it can just wait..." Allison says and Lydia stands up. "Why is everyone always telling me to wait? Why can't anyone have 'right now' available. " Lydia says and I sigh and massage my temple with my fingers.

"You can't have everything right now. You know what I need? I need someone to translate five pages of archaic Latin. Obviously that's not gonna happen anytime soon." Allison says whilst roughly taking of her scarf. "I know archaic Latin." Lydia says shrugging slightly and I sigh. "Of course you do." I say and lie down. "You know archaic Latin?" Allison asks. "I got bored with classical Latin." Lydia says and I roll my eyes. "Just how smart are you?" Allison asks confused. "Just show me the pages." Lydia says putting her hands out.

I stand behind Allieon and Lydia as Lydia translates the information on the kanima. "Are you sure? Ms. Morrel said that worry means 'friend'. 'The kanimq seeks a friend'." Allison asks looking at the screen. "She was wrong. It means master." Lydia says. "The Kanima seeks a master." Allison repeats. "Why? Is that important?" Lydia asks walking over to the bed. I sit beside Allison as she whispers a "yeah." I focus in on the screen again.

"Someone's not protecting him. Someone's controlling him." Allison says and I take a deep breath.

After, Lydia leaves we call Stiles and Scott who were currently at the police station.

"If Jackson doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know someone's controlling him." Allison says pacing around her bedroom. "Or he doesn't remember." We hear Scott say. "What if it's the same kind of thing that happened with Lydia when she took off from the hospital?" I hear Stiles says and I groan. "A fugue state. He'd have to forgot everything. The murder, getting rid of the blood, all of it." I say making myself comfortable on Allison's bed.

"He had help with one thing though, the video. Maybe someone else helped him to forgot that." Stiles says and I groan again at the pounding in my head. It just never seems to go away. "Whoever's controlling him." I say and put my hands on my face. "Go take some Advil, if I have to put up with your complaining anymore. I'll shoot you myself." Allison says and I roll my eyes.

"Are you sure Jackson has no clue about any of this?" Allison asks and I stop myself from groaning again. "He thinks he's still becoming a werewolf and being with Lydia somehow delayed the whole thing." Stiles says and I furrow my eyebrows. "So do we try and convince him he's not?" Allison says sitting beside me on her bed. "If it helps us find out who's controlling him, then yeah." Scott says.

"Do you think he'll talk to us after what we did? I mean come on I did punch him in the face and knock him out. I bet that bruised his ego." I say scoffing and Allisom glares at me. "Yeah, it's us. He'll talk to us. Right?" Stiles says. "We'll sort this out tomorrow." I say and we all agree before ending the call.

I head into my room and get ready for bed. I lie down and stare at the ceiling for a while till I eventually fall to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 1K 24
Humans think she's the niece of a cop, who's parents were tragically killed. The Argents think she's one of them. And a select few in Beacon Hills th...
28.6K 454 13
[BOOK 1] Samantha Argent's whole life was a mess. She was adopted into the Argent family at the age of two, becoming the youngest sibling of Chris a...
356K 13.5K 46
𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 | alyssa hale g͏e͏t͏s ͏m͏o͏r͏e ͏t͏h͏a͏n ͏s͏h͏e ͏b͏a͏r͏g͏a͏i͏n͏e͏d ͏f͏o͏r ͏w͏h͏e͏n ͏s͏h͏e r͏e͏t͏u͏r͏n͏s ͏t͏o ͏b͏e͏a͏c͏o͏n ͏h͏i͏l͏l͏s...
22K 396 38
For most of her life, She's lived apart from her family instead she lived with the Calaveras because she had her issues with her mother who only want...