Loving Toby (Completed)

By _justvivi

Once in our lifetime, we will meet someone who changes everything. And for Luna Greene, it was in the name of... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 24

7 2 0
By _justvivi

After all the festivities of the holidays come and go like a spring breeze, Luna finds herself stuck in a predicament that will change her whole life. First, Senior Prom will be held in a month, it was her first and last prom, an event that she was very much looking forward to. Second, Graduation Day was just around the corner, and lastly, the event that she's been dreading for ever since the start of Senior Year, college applications.

Students were buzzing like bees going in and out the guidance counselors and faculty room since the start of the week. Everyone was either busy preparing for SAT or sending applications to various colleges all over the globe, and little Miss not-so-sure-which-path-to-take was stuck on her own, pondering what do to about her future.

Caleb's applying for UCLA, Princeton and Standford. Lexus and France already applied for UCLA and University of San Diego; as far as Luna knew, Lexus did not want to go overseas for college even though he just received an offer from University of Oxford thanks to his uncle who was a faculty member in there. France was a different story, the boy was too lazy to find a school on his own, that's why he tagged along with Lexus. At least that was the story that the two of them came up with. Their little squirrel Athena applied for Parsons School of Design in New York and her dream school, London College of Fashion. Toby on the other hand was completely quiet about his college plans leaving all of them in the dark as usual.

"Lulu, what should I do?" It was the first weekend of the year, and the twins was stuck on their living room. Their parents decided to go on a holiday spree in Hawaii for a week, leaving the two of them alone.

"Do about what?" Caleb did not even throw her a glance; he was too engrossed with the movie that they were watching.

"College and stuffs," Luna replied with a sigh catching Caleb's attention enough for him to put the movie on hold.

"You still haven't figured out what you want?" She was thinking about it the entire break, but still haven't found what she was supposed to look for.

"How did you decided what you want to do after school?" It's been bothering her to the core, to think that everyone seems to figure out what they want to do after high school so easily, she never felt so envious of anyone before but sitting on their couch while dwelling about her pathetic existence, Luna was fighting the urge to cry her eyes out in frustration.

"Well to be honest, I'm applying for college not just for football but because of culinary arts. You know that I really want to be a chef more than a professional football player, right?" She nodded at that, it's not actually a big secret since their parents knew about Lulu's career plan too, "--I don't know, I guess it's just come to you and then you'll know what you want."

"I just don't get it, I'm not good with anything. I'm not artistic, sporty or even smart. I'm just plain, boring and normal student," she ranted, feeling hopeless and completely lost.

"That's not true. You are anything but normal,"

"Hey that's mean!" Caleb wrapped her on his arms with a toothy grin on his face as he played the movie again like it was the most normal thing to do after she poured her heart out for him to see.

The white ceiling staring back at her, just the thought of the career guidance talks with the counselor later that week was enough to damper her mood. Picking her phone, Luna heaved a sigh and waited for the other line to pick up her call.

"Hey Daddy,"

"Hey baby girl, how are you?"

"Stressing out, college and stuffs. Any advice old wise man?" She teased knowing that her dad can't be mad at her.

"Did you just call me old Eliana?" He asked and she can tell that her dad's suppressing a smile already. Luna misses him, although LA was just a few hours away from San Diego, it can't change the fact that she'll always miss her daddy.

"No sir!"

"Anyway, what's bothering you princess?"

"College stuffs, I still don't know what I want to do with my life Daddy," she ranted making her father laughed.

"Dad it's not funny!"

"Okay fine, just one thing baby. If you can't decide right now, it's totally fine. Did you know that I took a year off school just to figured out what I want to do after Highschool? I worked for your grandma and grandpa for half a year then I packed my bag and traveled from West to East coast using my old beat-up truck for a few months!" It's a classic Chase Louise Greene story, her father is a very simple guy, he doesn't believe in plans and that's something that Luna inherited from him.

"Honey, you and Caleb can spend the rest of your life figuring out what you want to do with your life. You can travel the world and I'll even send you money for that, you do whatever you want Luna and I'll be just here supporting the two of you. Though mom will definitely throw a fit," that made Luna smile knowing that no matter what happens, her dad's got their back. Though their mom's a different story.

"Thanks Dad,"

"No problem kiddo" They spent a few more minutes catching up, until Luna felt asleep without much of a fight.

The day of the career guidance came a little faster than Luna expected, everyone was busy talking about their future plans, while Luna stayed silent in a corner. The emptiness on the chair next to him making it harder to go through her day, Toby was absent today of all days. She tried calling him up multiple times but to no avail.

Everyone was called one by one for the career guidance, Luna's getting more anxious not knowing what to expect. Her mother was hoping for positive feedback from today's event, and she's been nagging her all week for it.

"Miss Greene?" It was finally her turn to face her reality, with shaking hands and the erratic beating of her heart, Luna took her time walking into the room, the white door that reveals the ever so strict, Mrs. Claws. If she hated one person in her life aside from Darius Gregory, it would be her. For some unknown reason, Mrs. Claws find happiness in watching her every move. Like a vulture watching her prey, waiting for the perfect time to attack.

"Good morning, Mrs. Claws," she greeted politely, sitting into the chair in front of her while Mrs. Claws watches her closely.

"I see you haven't put any career path or plans on your paper Ms. Greene, may I know why?" the woman asked without hiding the animosity on her tone.

"You see Mrs. Claws, I really don't know what I want to do after Highschool, unlike everyone else, I don't have a career that I think will suits me or something that I'm passionate about," Luna started, playing with her hands under the table hoping that she's talking to someone else other than Mrs. Claws who looks completely unimpressed by her words.

"So, you're taking a gap year?"

"I might do that, but like I said, I really don't know what I want after Highschool," Luna answered, scratching her noise hoping that the conversation would end sooner than later. She cannot tell what Mrs. Claws was thinking, Luna watched her carefully as she removed her glasses, with a deep sigh and a small smile on her lips, she spoke to her in a way that she didn't know possible.

"Luna, it's okay not to know what you want to do in your life yet, not everyone can figure out what they want just because they want to. Sometimes what you want when you're eighteen and young, might not be the same thing that you want when you're in your 20's. And that is okay," it was not something that she thought she'll hear from someone who's always been uptight and strict. Luna thought that Mrs. Claws will scold her for not putting anything on her paper. But like people said, you cannot really judge a book by its cover.

"So, what am I supposed to do now?" she asked, not really sure what the woman wants her to do.

"It's easy Miss Greene, do what you want to do but make sure that whatever you do, it will be something that you will never regret in the future. Life's too short for regrets honey," it was something that stuck to her mind for the rest of the day, she needed someone to talk but she can't find that someone right now. Yes, she has her best friends and brother, but the difference between them was, unlike them, she's still unsure of what she wants to do, she doesn't have any plans unlike them.

Without her knowing, she's dialing Toby's number, hoping that somehow, he can help her. Because that's what Toby does best, making things better for her.

"Hello?" but things don't always fall the way she wanted it to be. Maybe Mrs. Claws was right after all, if only she was brave enough to face Toby and tell him about her feelings, maybe she wouldn't be in such a pain after hearing an unfamiliar voice on the other line.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318 68 34
Get inside a teenagers mind, and start living through their eyes. Luna is a complicated teenager, with an equal amount of dramatic, complicated frien...
1.2K 41 21
"Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together" Alycia and Carter. The two were inseparable. Feeling...
89 42 11
Eleana Rodriguez, a high school girl who like all other people, dreams of having a thing with her crush, the most popular guy, Marcus Chase and let's...
13.4M 426K 47
Harper is a shy and timid girl who is the constant target for the school bullies. But when her family relocates to the other side of town things begi...