Loving Toby (Completed)

By _justvivi

Once in our lifetime, we will meet someone who changes everything. And for Luna Greene, it was in the name of... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 20

11 2 0
By _justvivi

Luna was beyond hopeless, a fact that she can now accept wholeheartedly as she stared blankly at the rock-hard substance that was supposed to be a cake. In her defense, it was her first time trying out baking, and it was pure luck that she hadn't burned the house yet but seeing the frustrated look on her brother's face, Luna did not dare to speak up.

Toby's 18th birthday will be held the following week, and Luna had a brilliant idea to personally bake a cake for him. Well, at least that's what she was trying to do on her precious weekend.

"How the hell did you mess it up again!? I even measured everything myself! Oh god, you're just unbelievable Luna!" Caleb nagging was enough to numb her ears, though she couldn't really blame him since they've been up early for this little project of her. Wasting almost three kilos of flour and other ingredients in the process, she was so sure that Caleb was a minute away from wringing her neck.

"Hey, I just followed the instructions. Maybe your cookbook was wrong and not me," Luna run to the other side of the kitchen counter, far away from Caleb who had enough of her and her pathetic excuses.

"You litt-"

"Wow, you haven't burned the house yet! I'm proud of you babe!" The twins turned their heads to the baritone voice of Lexus wearing a matching SpongeBob yellow shorts and T-shirt and pink fluffy slippers, the boy looks comically adorable that doesn't match his big stature. Lexus usually dressed up like this on a weekend, he basically lives on the street next to them that it no longer surprised them every time he came over unannounced.

"Gee, thanks babe," Luna throw him an apple from the counter, Lexus catches it effortlessly as he occupied one of the bar stools. Taking his time scanning the mess that she created so early in the morning.

"Lexus is here, so I'm out of this mess," Caleb removed his apron and tossed it hurriedly in the counter. He was so ready to leave the kitchen away from her, but Luna was quick to grab his arms, pulling him back to the kitchen with all her might.

"Lulu don't give up on me yet," Luna whined as he holds onto him for dear life, Lexus watching them with an amused look on his face.

"Why don't you just buy him a freaking cake!? That way we can save a lot of money and time,"

"I want to bake a cake for him and don't ask me why!" There was no special reason on why Luna decided to bake a cake for Toby, truth be told, she just wants him to praise her even though it was looking a little too far from reality now. Her cooking and baking skill was next to none.

"Just help her Caleb, you know just how stubborn she is," Lexus chimed in still munching on his half-eaten apple.

"Do I have a choice? Mom will kill me for real if she comes home on a burning house" Luna let her brother's remark pass as they started measuring all the ingredients all over again. More like Caleb's measuring everything all over again just to make sure that she wouldn't mess things up.

An hour later, another freshly bake cake based came out of the oven. Caleb looks relieved seeing that the batch this time wasn't as bad as the previous one, the cake based itself looks edible and normal. No one dare to touch the cake first but Lexus, who seems a little conflicted about the task, Caleb had enough tasting for the entire day that she couldn't force him to take a bite of her cake base.

"This is not that bad, probably need more sugar though," Lexus commented which made Luna grin like a five-year-old child. After three more failed attempts to do the cake itself, she just can't help but felt proud and relieved.

"Are you sure?" she asked, a little unsure if her best friend was telling her the truth or if he was just being nice and considerate of her hopelessness.

"Yeah, it's not that great, but it's passable for someone who never baked a cake before," Caleb added in agreement, he take a bite after hearing Lexus words. Luna who was on the verge of tears enveloped the two of them in a hug. She could hear Caleb groaning but did not even dare to pull away from her little show of affection.

Luna decided to try a few more batches after that, hoping that Toby will be able to taste a much better version of her cake that she spent the week doing just for him.

--

It was the day of Toby's 18th birthday, Luna couldn't help the smile creeping on her lips, she was looking forwards to greeting Toby in person. Although she had sent him a message earlier, in which the boy didn't even replied, it wasn't enough to damper her joyous mood. That, and after suffering the whole weekend just to make the perfect cake for Toby's birthday; wasting about ten kilos of flour and other baking ingredients, enduring Caleb and Lexus whining about her nonexistent baking skills, she actually managed to finish the cake on time.

"Stop smiling, you're creeping me out," but Luna just ignored her brother as he drives her to school. She owes him a big deal for being extra patient with her for the last few days anyway.

"I hope he likes it," on her lap sat a medium sized box that contains Toby's vanilla cake. The boy wasn't fond of sweets, that's why Luna decided to do a vanilla cake just to be safe. The sight of it was making her anxious, wondering if Toby will like it or not.

"I can just force him to eat it though, I bet he wouldn't have time to complain about its taste that way,"

"Shut up Lulu,"

When they arrived at Sheldon's, she bid Caleb goodbye, wishing her luck for the day and left. Luna got it all planned, hide the cake in the school kitchen--the lunch lady already knew her and agreed to her plan--tell Toby to meet her on the rooftop, and surprise him. It should be perfect, the rest of her best friends knew about her plan and they're more than willing to help by leaving them alone, which means she has two hours to spend with Toby alone before FATAL birthday dinner for Toby at seven in the evening.

After dropping the cake on the cafeteria, Luna made her way straight to their classroom. Toby always arrived at school half an hour before the class started, knowing his routine, Luna made extra effort on his birthday every year by arriving at school earlier to be the first to greet him in person.

"My moon," Luna stopped on her track, Darius was waiting for her at the end of the corridor. He was eyeing her intently with the familiar devilish grin on his lips that was enough to send cold shivers down her spine.

"What do you want Darius?" It was too late to avoid him now since he was blocking the only path that was leading to her class with his huge physique. He was wearing his football uniform, looks like the boy came to school early because of the team practice.

"You," Darius crossed the corridor in an instant, grabbing her wrist and trapping her in between his arms before she could even think about escaping.

The corridor was empty, students don't usually come to school this early anyway. Their room was also on the end of the second-floor building, and not many classes were held on that floor, on normal days, Luna would be grateful for the emptiness in the corridor, but now that the beast named Darius Gregory was eyeing her like a prey, she could only pray for someone to come in her aid.

"Let me go Gregory or I'll break those filthy hands of yours," Wriggling her way out of his grasp was next to impossible, as he pinned her securely on the concrete wall. Darius grin widen seeing her struggling in his arms, Luna could feel her heart beating loudly in her chest, as much as she hated to admit it, Darius scares her.

"You know you want me too Luna, stop being so hard to get,"

"I'd rather die than be one of your bitches! You're disgusting Gregory!" Darius loosening his grip on her when Luna spit on his face catching him off guard, slapping him as hard as she could and watches in anger as his head jerk a little.

"Feisty as always, I wonder if you'll also be this feisty in bed my Moon," But Darius was able to pull her again, and this time he's no longer holding back his strength. Luna can feel the pressure from his hands gripping her waist and wrist. Fear started to creep into her mind remembering what he did in middle school, but Luna swallowed the growing lump on her throat, the last thing she want was to give Darius the satisfaction of seeing her break in the palm of his hands.

"Let me fucking go!" she yelled at the top of her lungs, hoping that someone will come and save her from the devil in front of her. Using every ounce of her strength, Luna tried kicking his shin, but the boy quickly caught her legs.

"Stop resisting now my moon," Darius whispered seductively, Luna could feel her tears threatening to fall, she felt helpless and weak.

"Let m---"

"Let her go, Gregory,"

Darius turned his head lazily towards the boy standing not too far from them, his warm blue eyes staring coldly at them, Luna could feel her blood running cold from his stare. Her fear about what would Darius do to her completely went out the window at the sight of Toby who looked like he was about to pounce on the boy hovering over her.

"Look who do we have here my moon," Darius looked amused seeing Toby's furious face, as if taunting him more, Darius slipped his hand under her shirt, teasing her exposed waist, frozen in place, Luna just wanted to disappear. The memory of that day back in middle school flashes like a never-ending dream. Her body shaking uncontrollably as she tried to push the boy away, but like a wind blowing against a strong wall, it was completely useless.

"I don't mind you watching us Coo—" Darius's words were cut short, Luna was too distraught to realize what just happened as her body fell into the cold floor.

Toby punched Darius on his face, the boy didn't even flinch as he tackled Toby to the floor. Luna saw blood dripping from Toby's face as he tried to shake Darius off of him. Luna's blurring eyes could barely see them properly, all she could do was cry and screamed desperately for help.

"I'm gonna kill you, Gregory!" Luna saw Darius being dragged away from the now bloodied Toby, the sight of his battered face and broken glasses shattering her world in an instant.

"Oh my god! Lexus stop it!"

"Lexus! Stop it dammit it!"

Luna saw Athena and France running towards Lexus who was now beating Darius senselessly, her trembling hands won't stop shaking as she felt someone lifting her off of the ground. She wanted to scream and tell Lexus to stop, but Luna could barely utter a word. Someone helped Toby to stand, seeing him limping and coughing snapped her back to reality as she run desperately towards him.

"Are you okay?" His soft voice filled with worry breaking her heart as tears started to fall uncontrollably wetting his shirt, but Toby doesn't seem to care. He tried wiping her tear-stained cheeks, pulling her into his arms protectively as she wailed like a child. Luna could only blame herself for dragging Toby into this mess, and now the fear of Lexus being punished again because of her filled her mind with anxiety.

"It's okay, you're okay now," Toby tried to reassure her repeatedly, but Luna knew that everything won't end as smoothly as they thought it would be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 190 22
Toby and Bea were friends ever since they were little. They alway have snuck out at night to train. At the age 12 and 14, Toby stops talking to Bea i...
833 42 21
Mason Carter, is a 17 years old college student, with a warm heart inside but doesn't really show it to anyone. Until it comes to the point where he...
594 0 7
Luna White, a 21 year old girl, always had her life planned out ahead since she was a child. She always wanted to have a job that would help bring pe...
78.4K 3.2K 24
Cassandra Gray is and always will be a nerd. She's the kind of girl that wears superman tees and reads comic books, and has never missed a superhero...