The Crown Sinners

Od RenesmeeStories

BOOK 3 OF IMPROBUS ILLE IMPERIUM [2nd Generation] "No one dared to take their crowns away until the crown sin... Více

The Characters
1: The Plan
2: Someone Special
3: Blood of the Ruler
4: Take Their Crown
5: Who Are You?
6: Locked Up
7: Batten Down The Hatches
8: Let's Play A Game
9: Improbus Ille Imperium (I)
10: Improbus Ille Imperium (II)
11: Caught In His Game
12: Game Over
13: Welcome Home
14: Back of the Blade
15: Chasing Silhouette
16: Target of Fate
17: Time To Get Even
18: Rebel's Reign
19: The Colours of Deceit (I)
20: The Colours of Deceit (II)
21: The Fallen Name
22: Just Simple Things
23: Unknown Enemy
24: No Count
25: Keep Your Faith
26: Keep Your Aim Locked
27: Up to the Next Challenge
28: The Path That Nobody Walks On
29: Return of the Commoners
30: One Fine Day
31: What is Happening?
32: Bet on Me
33: Little Things, Little Dreams
34: Witch Hunt
35: Thou Shalt Not Speak
36: The Story Continues I
37: The Story Continues II
38: Burning Cold
39: Of Secrets and Wrong Timings
40: Between Staying and Running Away
41: Back on the Game
42: Protecting You
43: The Crown
44: The Lawless Auction
45: Let's Go Home
46: A Moment With You
47: Prophecy of the Sun and the Moon
48: Rightful Places
49: Writing Their Own Fate
50: Twisted Domain
51: A Story From Long Ago
52: A True Love From Long Ago
53: A Curse From Long Ago
54: Losing Game
55: Endless Slumber
56: Blood Tainted Path
57: Welcome to the Empire
58: Hidden Encounters
59: Generations of the Heartless Empire
60: Twisted Icy Rain
61: Twisted Hierarchy
62: Smiles, Sunshine, and Good Nights
63: The Burden of the Crowns
64: Every Moment We Shared
65: Always With You
66: Your Smiles, My Happiness
67: Hoping It Would Never End
68: Rush into the Secret House
69: Twisted Crimson Moon
70: Twisted Hidden Suffering
71: Twisted Scars Each of them Hid
72: Storms Could Be Weathered
73: Training Commence
74: Wheel of Danger (I)
75: Wheel of Danger (II)
76: Wheel of Danger (III)
77: Wheel of Danger (IV)
78: Twisted Core Room
79: To You Who Always Make Us Smile
80: Yours 'Til The End
81: The Start
82: Leave This Life
83: Pay For Your Sin
85: Death Explosion
86: Goddess of Hunt
87: The Sinner of their Generation
88: Adding Salt to the Wound
89: The Buried Name
90: Last Battle Between Real and Fake
91: I Promise You
92: Tragically Beautiful
93: Cherishing the Present
94: Twisted Victory Party (I)
95: Twisted Victory Party (II)
96: Our Dream Come True
97: From 1 to 18, I'd Celebrate It With You
98: Fire is Catching
99: Bleeding Thorns
100: Tomorrow's Approaching Fast
101: Nameless Sun's Cry
102: Empress of Eviralle

84: Cracking Pillar

4K 181 372
Od RenesmeeStories

Short Update. Sorry sobrang sabaw ko todei. Sana magustuhan n'yo pa rin. Ingat lagi. :(

#TCS84: Cracking Pillar

Luminous Erina's POV

"Damn, that was a long night!" Kael mentioned while stretching his arms and yawning. Biblee and Cleon also looked so tired and was both shaking their heads, and stretching their arms and legs. Napabuntonghininga naman ako at napaunat din.

"Grabe! Mas nakakapagod pala 'to kaysa makipaglaban ng mano-mano!" Cleon exclaimed and we all chuckled.

Iba rin kasi maging intel. We were doing everything, not just our minds, but our physical bodies were also trying to keep up with everything that was happening. Nasa kamay namin ang maraming bagay pati na rin ang buhay nila.

The things we were doing might not be flashy like all the fights and battles that were occurring in this place, but we were the masterminds of everything. We were setting up the stage, moving the pieces, and playing the game in a different angle.

And I think our parts were badass.

Hindi naman kasi kailangan na sa mismong labanan ka lang magpapakitang-gilas at masasabi na malakas ka talaga. If it weren't for us communicating and inventing devices for them to use these whole plans would be just pieces. A puzzle that wasn't solved, and with us doing the intel—we could complete and put the fragments together.

Napangisi na lang ako at napatingin sa buong paligid. May mga bakas ng dugo dahil sa laban na naganap sa lugar. If Thorn and Honoka didn't arrive, the mess could have been handled for an extended period of time.

Buti na lang dumating sila kaya naayos ang problemang hatid ni Kinsley. They dealt with him, and Cleon finally took a sit back to help us control what Kinsley did. We were hacked by his system, and it was a strong one.

He messed with us bigtime, and he came by surprise. And we needed all hands and heads together to make sure he'd never be able to counter our attack. I saw Kael... he wasn't taking Kinsley's attack seriously.

Why? If he worked in his real self... a freaking damn minute and I'd be over.

Nangilabot ako habang tinitingnan ang nakangising si Kael.

Miracle and Alas talked to us before we went here. The Evans's siblings including I. Kami lang. Sinabi nila na nandito kami hindi para lumalaban at tulungan sila. Nandito kami para manuod at kung manganganib man nang sobra—poprotektahan sila.

But other than that? Our business in here wasn't really serious. That was why I wasn't able to unleash my real self, and why Kael was even trying to slow down everything for Cleon and Biblee. Si Cleon at Biblee lang talaga ang bigay todo, pero kami tamang gawa lang ng akala nilang best namin.

First off, the Senses weren't our enemies, and if we were to deal with the Senses they'd be wiped out with only Paeng and Eon. Hindi na ako kailangan, hindi na kailangan si Kael o si Elly. 'Yong dalawang demonyo lang, hinding-hindi na makakahinga ang Senses sa Empire University.

The Evans were that powerful. And they weren't even showing us what they'd really got. Damn, I couldn't wait to see their growths and progress once they were allowed to fight with everything and without holding back.

The only reason why the Crowns and Pasaways were dealing with the Senses were all for experience. They were all maturing and growing, and seeing their potentials and skills. And it wouldn't be finished with just the trainings.

Dahil aminin man o hindi, sadyang iba ang aktuwal sa mga nangyayari sa mga pagsasanay nila. And this war would be the basis if they would be ready to face the Domain. Imagine, Miracle and Alas... they were too powerful. Isolde and Master Gideon, they were the real definition of power.

But they were still hesitating to go in a full out war with the Domain. Reason? Gano'n kalakas ang Domain. They were a military country. It wasn't that big of a news.

Kung hindi mananalo ang Crowns at Pasaways sa bagay na 'to. They would only be casualties in the war for the Domain. That was why they needed to be stronger even after this. I could suddenly remember how Isolde overpowered two Senses at the same time. Spoke volume, and saw the wide gap between us and the Pasaways.

"Who's going to be here to monitor things in the morning?" tanong bigla ni Cleon.

"Harper, Akira, and Caerus would be in here," I answered shortly. Napatango-tango naman sila.

They looked nervous for the morning battle. The Senses wouldn't stop just because the sun rose. They might be resting now though after what happened.

Amythee and Theon dealt with Layla. They were able to convince her about Alain. Ipapakita nila mamayang gabi si Layla kay Alain. But they did battle a little because of it. I smirked when I remembered the fight earlier. Layla could battle the two of them.

"Layla's a strong one. A really strong one. If she wasn't a part of the Senses, she'd be definitely a Crown," Kael commented critically, and suddenly pulled my chair to him. He rested his head on my shoulder.

Hinayaan ko na lang s'ya, sanay ako na ganito si Kael pagkakatapos ng mga monitoring at pagiging intel. He was probably thristing for a bloody fight too, but couldn't really be himself because of the limitations set by the Emperor.

Grabe! Alas. Salita ni Alas. It was a fucking rule that couldn't be disobeyed. 

I mean whenever I would get irritated and wanted to finish things with my real skill, I'd get goosebumps remembering Alas's eyes. He was solemn and calm when stating his commands, but there was a hidden warning in it.

Paeng is law. I would always follow what he would say. Pero 'yong kay Alas talaga, hindi ko maipaliwanag pero tinataasan na lang ako ng balahibo kapag naalala ko s'ya at mga sinasabi n'ya. Ang bait n'ya pa sa lagay na 'yon ganito na 'yong takot namin. Paano pa kaya kapag seryoso s'ya? Damn.

I would gladly kill myself if he ever told me to do it. With no questions.

That was how scary and powerful he was. And we hadn't really seen more power from him. I felt like I just felt ten percent of his authority when he was at the core room. 'Yon pa lang luhod na kami... paano pa kaya kapag tunay na talaga? Damn nerve wrecking.

"Yeah, I agree with Layla." I was back on the present situation when Cleon stated those words.

I looked at him, and he continued speaking. "She was alone, and she could deal with Amythee and Theon together. She was fighting not just on skill base... there was something to it, I just couldn't pinpoint. There was a desperation." Kinilabutan ako sa sinabi ni Cleon.

He got it. I saw how Biblee shivered, too.

"She's fighting for her life and Alain's life without abandon," I mentioned seriously and the two looked at me with meeting brows. I sighed, and smiled sadly.

"Layla and Alain had a cruel life while growing up. They must have encountered deaths, countless of times, and now... she doesn't fear death, but she is desperate to live. That's why her fighting was like that... it was desperation, skill, and from her ruthless experiences." I nodded at them with a sad smile.

"Kaya pala gano'n..." Cleon spoke softly.

"Don't let that rule you." Natigilan si Biblee at Cleon sa pagbagsak ng balikat nila no'ng marinig si Kael na magsalita.

"Huh?" sabay na tanong no'ng dalawa.

"That... empathy and soft heart. Lahat ng makakalaban n'yo may kwento, kahit 'yong iba demonyo na lang talaga. Pero kahit ano'ng kwento at karanasan nila, kapag awa ang pinairal n'yo, matatalo kayo," seryosong saad ni Kael, at mabilis akong tumango para sumang-ayon.

"When you entered this world, you should have known... that you'd be sinners."

Goosebumps spread all over my body when Kael declared those words powerfully. Damn. That was hot, lalong-lalo na no'ng makita ko ang pagdidilim ng mga mata nito. It was like the light reflected endless abyss on it, and how he looked so blank when he stated that.

Kael... the softest Evans, but also one of the most powerful and the evil mind master.

Biblee and Cleon felt the tension of those words and didn't utter anything. They were both looking like there was a bucket of ice that was suddenly poured on their heads. I couldn't blame them. Kael did give off that icy and deadly aura.

Cleon cleared his throat to remove the heavy atmosphere that was caused by Kael. Kaagad ko ring hinawakan ang kamay no'ng isa. Nananakot s'ya bigla eh. Natawa lang s'ya nang mahina sa akin.

"Are we really bringing Layla to Alain later at night?" queried Biblee.

"Yeah," Kael retorted casually.

"What if she suddenly betrays us? She's still a pillar of the enemies," answered Cleon hesitantly.

"That's your job. You need to think of something so she'd not betray you," nakangising sagot ko sa kanila. They both chuckled, and nodded. Day nor night intels don't really rest because they needed to be one step ahead to those who were fighting in a physical war.

"Trust her but at the same time don't put your faith in her, just like how you need to trust yourself, but still continue to doubt it," Kael mentioned with a smirk. I cackled with his words, as I nodded to agree with his point.

"It was really fun to watch Layla and Ate with Theon," Biblee commented and I nodded.

She was the one instructing that fight and she was so focused with it. Biruin mo 'yon tatlo silang nakikipaglaban talaga kay Layla, pero nagawa pa rin ni Layla na makatakas mula sa kanila. The fight was bloody, and it would give you goosebumps on how strong and fast pace it was.

The attacks that were thrown, and the defending skills were great! It was one where you'd hold your breath because of how intense it was. Do'n mo rin makikita ang teamwork ni Amythee at Theon.

Kita ko rin no'n ang asar at galit ni Theon at Amythee no'ng matakasan sila ni Layla. But Layla did tell them that she'd be back, and she'd bring us more valuable information about the Senses.

"Layla did tell us about Kinsley, and Gretta's combined attack," ngisi ko at kaagad silang napatango-tango.

Layla pointed out her ears, and her eyes. Then crossed her forefingers together. "If you don't counter that attack, this night would be turned in their favour," Layla mentioned with a smirk before she jumped to one window as she fled while Theon and Amythee couldn't do anything.

"And she even left a clue about when Kinsley would attack. The number of knives she left. Witty." Biblee acknowledged Layla's quick action, to make sure that she wouldn't be caught by the Senses, and she'd be able to convince us with the information we'd get.

"Yeah, at least we weren't surprised when Kinsley attacked, but his strike was still successful. He managed to cut us off from everyone," sambit ni Cleon at napabuntonghininga. I could see that he was pissed off because he couldn't counter Kinsley's raid.

"But the two off you managed to block his recording, and his virus." I gave them thumbs up because of how fast they acted.

Kung hindi nila napigilan ang buong atake ni Kinsley, makakarinig ang pasaways ng mga utos na may boses namin para ipahamak sila. They would be following Kinsley's dangerous commands. Kahit na boses namin ang maririnig nila. If Biblee and Cleon didn't catch Kinsley plans and tricks in that short amount of time. This night would really be in the Senses favour.

Kaya rin napasugod sa lugar namin si Kinsley. At kung bakit napalaban si Cleon nang wala sa oras sa pisikal na paraan. I knew that Kinsley was around the building, and he was planting a bomb in our system, Kael was also aware.

But looked like Biblee and Cleon were too occupied by his strike, and how to connect back to the pasaways without alarming them so much. That was why they didn't see Kinsley entering our place, and activating another virus.

Kaya napalaban si Cleon nang pisikalan para magawa ni Biblee na ayusin ulit ang system. We only assisted Biblee in what she was doing, and Kael was quietly monitoring everyone that they were still safe.

And while Cleon was fighting Kinsley, another assail was targeted in our system, and intels. This time it was their contact lenses that was involved. Damn, I saw how Gabby was the first one to be affected.

Followed by Amythee, the Crowns, and the other pasaways. Do'n nataranta si Biblee. At do'n ako nainis pati si Kael. We almost did our own thing to finish it in a snap, but I remembered Alas's smile. And guess what? I was stuck.

Kael hands were just balled in a fist because of the frustration. Damn, that was really agonizing.

And finally, Honoka and Thorn arrived. They both dealt with Kinsley. Grabe! Sobrang creepy ni Kinsley no'ng dumating si Honoka. I saw how his eyes lusted for her, and it made my skin crept in freaking disgust.

Mabuti na lang hindi pa naapektuhan si Honoka at Thorn no'ng atake sa mga mata nila. Nagawa ni Honoka itali sa chain si Kinsley. At mabilis ding kumilos si Thorn para agad na gumawa ng plano sa laban nila.

But freaking Kinsley was smiling like a creepy fool looking at Honoka. He was following her like he was a puppet to her. That was really not something that would sit right with Eon. I could see Kinsley buried deep in the ground but Eon would still hunt him down.

Cleon went back on the system. We proceeded in guiding them. Nakakainis kasi medyo mabagal pa talaga si Cleon at saka si Biblee kumpara sa amin. But it was still good for the beginners and for someone who hadn't really had much experience.

They managed to counter it after a long dreadful wait. And... it wasn't a satisfying result.

Why? They fucking awakened a devil without intending to! Because they took a long time.

Elly.

Napayakap ako sa sarili ko dahil parang naramdaman ko ulit 'yong naramdaman ko kanina.

Damn, remind me again to never mess with Elly. The fucking dangerous and unpredictable Evans.

"We could have dealt with Kinsley, so Honoka and Thorn wouldn't have to face him," nakasimangot na saad ni Biblee, halata mong naiinis sa sarili kasi hindi n'ya nagawa ang lahat nang walang tulong ni Cleon.

"The fight between Honoka, Thorn, and Kinsley was... eerily interesting," biglang sambit ni Kael.

"Grabe, the goosebumps of their stares and mind game was on another level!" exclaimed Biblee.

Lumabas kasi si Honoka, at Thorn habang nakikipaglaban kay Kinsley. Nagawa pa rin labanan ni Kinsley si Honoka at Thorn kahit naka-chain s'ya. Pagkatapos no'ng nando'n na sila sa hallway, grabe 'yong labanan nila.

You wouldn't hear anything! It'd give you goosebumps on Honoka switched from her destructive way of fighting to how silent she could be. Idagdag mo pa 'yong mind game ni Thorn! On how he'd managed to stare, and provoke Kinsley.

"Darn, Thorn even used Honoka!" Cleon mentioned unbelievably.

"I couldn't believe my eyes seeing from the screen on how Thorn made Kinsley so pissed off by saying words, and holding Honoka," iiling-iling na sabi ni Biblee.

"Kung alam ni Rebel ang ginagawang pagkayakap at paghawak ni Thorn sa pisngi at jaw ni Honoka... for heaven's sake, Rebel would freaking think that he's one of the enemies!" pagak na natawa si Kael sa iniisip, at nakipag-apir sa kanya, kasi parehas kami ng naiisip!

"It was a great fight. You'd see Honoka's silent physical abilities without the chains, and Thorn's physical strength." Napatango-tango ako sa sinabi ni Cleon. Totoo naman kasi ngayon ko nakita kung gaano kalakas at kabigat ang mga atake ni Thorn.

At kung paano makipaglaban si Honoka nang tahimik pero matalas. She was able to land a lot of damage to Kinsley, but still... Kinsley was too much to handle for both of them. Sa huli, natakas pa rin sila ni Kinsley.

And Kinsley did mention that he'd be back for Honoka. That was scary. Dumudugo na ang noo at labi ni Kinsley pero mukhang tuwang-tuwa pa s'ya dahil lahat ng sugat na natamo n'ya galing kay Honoka.

Goodness! Senses were really creepy and sinister! The only sane that I could see in them was Layla and Alain... if that's the definition of sane in the Senses' dictionary.

Habang nakikipaglaban si Honoka at Thorn no'n kay Kinsley, sumakit din ang mga mata nila, pero grabe, mukhang nag-alala at hindi nagustuhan ni Kinsley ang nangyari kay Honoka. He was fucking going to carry her around to save her!

Thorn was fast enough to act though, luckily!

At syempre... hindi lang sila ang apektado ng sakit sa mata na nangyari. Everyone was affected aside from one person. A person who was moving on his own. And the person who saved us from Miracle, and Alas's wrath.

"Gabby... is someone I'd never want to me with," mentioned Biblee, and she shivered thinking of what she almost witnessed.

"Gretta was fucking terrified of the hell she created," dagdag pa ni Cleon. I nodded to agree with him.

Elly was the first target that was affected by the lenses assault, and she suffered because of it. Do'n talaga nataranta si Cleon at Biblee dahil si Elly 'yon. They knew that it wasn't going to end pretty. They started to become more alert.

They tried to save Pierce from it, but it was in vain. Pierce was soon affected by it. And as soon as Elly heard Pierce suffering the same pain, or maybe she was thinking that Gretta attacked Pierce, the air in that place changed.

Napatigil ako no'n sa ginawa. I even heard Kael cursed, and he called someone using his phone in a flash.

Hindi na napansin ni Biblee at Cleon si Kael no'n dahil mas nagtuon sila ng pansin para maalis kaagad ang bagay na nagpapahirap sa lahat. Pati 'yong mga nasa ibang lugar sobrang apektado rin. There were explosions that time they couldn't move nor do anything because of the pain that was eating them.

Everyone was in pain, everyone was suffering, and everyone were almost in danger because of it—but one was not.

Paeng.

Paeng who was standing on the highest rooftop in the area who wasn't doing anything... wasn't effected by the attack. Why? Because he wasn't wearing any lenses, and wasn't connected to our communication and intel.

Why? Because he had his own devices. And it wasn't us who was going to connect to him. It was him who was going to connect to us.

The whole duration of that night he was just sitting on the edge of that rooftop. I was seeing him through the cameras of the place in my own lenses. I managed to block the virus that would make my eyes hurt, and Kael probably did the same.

Gano'n din ang ginawa ni Kael kay Biblee at Cleon, para magawa nilang magpatuloy. I wasn't sure if they were just occupied that was why they didn't notice that they weren't affected nor they thought they'd be the last ones to experience it.

Hindi nila alam dapat kanina pa sila nasa sahig sa matinding sakit na mararamdaman nila sa mga mata nila, pero nagawa namin kaagad i-block ni Kael 'yon. Sana lang hindi sila magtakha nang sobra dahil hindi kami pwedeng mabuking na may iba pa talaga kaming misyon sa laban na 'to.

Paeng was just letting the wind touch his skin while he was looking at the moon that was shining from above him. He was just quietly watching the bloodshed and fights from below.

He wasn't planning in helping anyone. Even Harper. Why? He wanted to make sure that Harper would grow on her own. He knew in himself that he'd do the fighting just to make sure that Harper wouldn't be scratched by anything.

At alam n'yang mapipigilan n'ya ang growth at progress ni Harper kaya naman hindi n'ya ito sinasamahan ngayon sa laban. But he was surely making sure that she'd be safe. Ibang klase pa naman 'yon si Harper.

She hadn't had her first kill, although she was creating bloodshed for those who were coming in their way. Why? Because for her, they weren't worthy. They weren't worthy to be killed by her royal and gorgeous hands.

Damn. What a freaking reason.

She was probably thinking of killing one of the Senses. And make them suffer. 'Yon kasi ang iniisip n'yang mga kalebel n'ya. Hindi ko alam kung matatawa ako o maiinis sa arte at pagiging choosy no'n eh. Pero, she was Harper, and that was just so Harper.

"Is Gabby going to participate on the second night?" tanong ni Cleon.

"I'm not sure. She's going to want to kill Gretta and Kinsley for herself. So... it was better that she will not attend tonight." Napatango-tango si Biblee at Cleon sa sinabi ko.

"Baka kidnap-in no'n si Gretta at Kinsley, jusko!" Napatampal si Biblee sa noo sa napagtanto n'ya.

"Grabe! Parang ibang tao si Gabby sa nakita ko..." iiling-iling na sambit ni Cleon. I smirked at him, well, that was Elly we were talking about. For us, it wasn't new, but for them it was such a sight.

Because the moment Elly snapped all her nerves probably didn't care about the pain in her eyes, and although she couldn't see anything she managed to get the gun from Gretta's hand. The way she moved, you'd be convinced that she was seeing everything and not pitch black.

Sobrang tahimik... sobrang nakakakilabot.

She moved like she was one with the wind, and she was invisible. Gretta's eyes widened in horrification the moment she saw Elly holding the gun that she was holding earlier. She couldn't believe that in one snap it was on her face.

Elly was so near in firing the gun on Gretta's head.

And Gretta was frozen on her spot. Why? Because she knew she wouldn't be able to escape Elly's anger and darkened aura.

She was facing the death she called upon. She was facing the hell she created. She was facing a nightmare that caused her to die in her dreams.

And you know... there was one thing about those people who were up in food chain. They knew, they smell, and they see... who was above them, although they were already at the top.

Gretta, a predator, knew... that Elly was stronger, and fucking more of a predator than her. That was why she couldn't lift a finger to fight Elly.

The strong smells the strong. And it fears those who are stronger.

Hindi ako makahinga nang pagkakataong 'yon. Elly would surely kill Gretta! And it was against her mission! It was against our mission! Yes, she'd be able to kill Gretta, but she'd face Alas instead! It was fucking made me shiver.

If Elly is stronger. Then... Alas is the strongest. The freaking highest of the highest.

"Fuck! Damn it!" I heard Kael cursed in frustration because he couldn't contact the one he tried to call.

Halos kung ano-anong tulong ang isinigaw ko sa isip ko. Kitang-kita ko kung paano marahang lumalapit ang daliri ni Elly sa gatilyo. But she wasn't clicking it yet. Presumably, remembering Alas and Miracle's words.

But her actions showed that she was ready to face all the consequences of what she was about to do. Napatayo ako nang wala sa oras at pigil hininga sa matinding takot at kakaibang kabog na nararamdaman sa puso.

I was sweating bullets, while Biblee and Cleon were tryong their best to counter the attack, not really watching Elly, but they were both feeling the pressure that was in their atmosphere because of the intense confrontation.

I saw how Elly slowly pressed the trigger, and I closed my eyes because damn mayhap was really about to commence.

I wasn't afraid of the Senses at all, but I was now scared of how Elly would face Alas and Miracle.

Then after a few seconds...

A gun-shot echoed.

Natigilan kaming lahat at napatalon ako sa kinatatayuan, at ramdam na ramdam ko 'yong matinding kaba at tila pagkakabagsak ng puso ko sa lupa. No one was moving nor breathing inside that room anymore.

It was like the gunshot was targeted at us, and we were shot dead on the spot. I freaking would rather be dead by that gunshot than face the fear itself, Alas.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" The gritting and loud voice of Kael thundered in the room.

Napamulat ako sa matinding nerbyos, at nakita ko s'yang sinasabuntan ang sarili at halos sunod-sunod na mura at suntok ang pinakawalan. I gulped because of his reaction, I was so afraid of it. Biblee and Cleon were just rooted, nothing was probably processing inside their heads.

"Fucking shit!" Kael once again exclaimed, and he was now smirking... kahit pakiramdam ko lalabas na 'yong puso ko sa tainga ko sa matinding kaba at tibok nito, marahan ko pa ring nilaksan ang loob para tingin ang screen sa harapan.

Halos matumba ako sa kinatatayuan kung hindi lang ako nasalo ni Kael. I held by chest, and breathed in and out heavily. Parang unang beses kong natutunan huminga dahil sa napakatinding tensyon.

"Damn it!" I exclaimed in a whisper.

Paeng.

We were saved by Paeng!

Paeng was standing straight while his hand was holding Elly's hand with the gun. Nakataas 'yong baril. Mukhang paatas pumutok 'yon dahil nakatayo pa rin si Gretta sa harapan nang magkapatid habang tila walang kaluluwang nakatitig sa kanila.

Paeng's aura was fucking too strong! Biblee and Cleon were suddenly on their knees! Even those who were near the proximity of where Paeng was... was feeling the heaviness of that fucking killing and intense authoritative intent.

Some people around lost their balance, and they were looking so confused by the shivers they were feeling. May ilan pang halos hindi huminga at pati pakikipaglaban nila natigil sa hindi malamang dahilan.

Kael suddenly inserted something inside my ears, and he was blankly looking at the screen where we could see Pierce bowing down while sitting on the rooftop. Then Elly and Paeng who were looking at each other. While Gretta was an immovable statue.

"Fate Light Gaebryelle Smith-Evans. Start repenting for your sin."

Sobrang tigas, lalim, at seryoso ng boses ni Paeng. I freaking almost followed what he wanted. Hindi ako ang sinabihan pero parang gusto kong mag-bow at humingi ng tawad sa kanya. I wanted to confess all my sins to him!

I saw how Elly snapped back from her senses, and her eyes showed fear and respect for her older brother. She looked at him with trembling lips and hands. She avoided his gaze, and removed her hand that was holding gun.

She gulped, and slowly knelt down on her knees. While Paeng remained stoic as he pointed out the gun exactly where Gretta was standing.

"You will go back to the island, Gaebryelle." Walang takot at punong-puno nang awtoridad na sambit ni Paeng. Elly nodded like she was a child listening to his superior. Mukhang babalik talaga si Elly papunta sa ate n'ya at kay Alas.

"State your fucking sin, Gaebryelle."

Fucking shit! I freaking quavered because of the undeniable terror. I almost spoke for my sins!

I pressed my lips together, and Kael suddenly turned off the screen that was showing Elly and Paeng. But he automatically put the screen on my lenses, and his.

"Do your work, others are still affected." Looked like Kael removed the effect of the pain from the lenses in Elly's eyes while Cleon and Biblee were horrified of what was happening. Kaagad sumunod ang dalawa kay Kael nang walang tanong-tanong.

Pierce was staring at Elly and Paeng blankly. But I could see that he was terrified of what he was hearing, that the pain in his eyes were not comparable to the pressure in that rooftop. Grabe. Hindi man kita ni Pierce, siguradong damang-dama n'ya ang isa sa dahilan kung bakit law si Law ngayon.

"I have sinned against... the words that were given by the highest hierarchy."

Elly mentioned while bowing her head and not daring to look at Paeng.

"Court disaster, Gaebryelle."

Paeng stated darkly and he pointed the muzzle of the gun at Elly's head.

"I will accept whatever punishment that would be bestowed upon me... I was wrong. I'm sorry. I'll repent." I shivered when I heard Elly mentioned those words. Damn, the shit really did become this serious.

Paeng removed the gun on Elly's head, and he fired it near where Elly was kneeling down. It didn't startle Elly, but I saw how she lowered her head more.

"Stand up, and we will go." Sumunod kaagad si Elly, at no'ng binalingan ni Paeng si Gretta kitang-kita ko ang panginginig ni Gretta. It was like she was wishing to be gunned down instead of staying with them in that circumstance.

"Get fucking lost, Senses." Paeng gritted his teeth saying it with eyes that shined in its glorious coloured ash that seemed like burning in its darkest shade.

Halos tumakbo si Gretta paalis sa lugar na 'yon sa matinding takot. Sumunod kaagad s'ya sa sinabi ni Paeng kahit kita mo halos madapa na s'ya patakbo. That was when I knew... it was really game over for the Senses.

A fucking pillar cracked just because of the baleful dull silver gaze from the highest Law.

"Hey, Pierce... for not being able to control my sister, you also contributed to this sin." Kakaibang kilabot talaga ang gumapang sa akin dahil sa narinig. Damn, even Pierce couldn't escape the harshness and seriousness from him.

Paeng put his hands on his pockets and started to walk away from there, and Elly followed whole heartedly.

"Ah," Paeng spoke as he suddenly stopped. "What you heard from this conversation should never reach other ears aside from us..." A chilling feeling travelled through my spine because he looked at the camera and smirked a little.

He knew we were watching and he knew that it would only be Kael and I.

And then he left with Elly, leaving Pierce alone on the rooftop with a blank and dark expression on his face. He stood up a little after that and closed his eyes and I could feel all the mixed emotions he was feeling.

For that bone-chilling notion to pain, and fear all in one.

Matapos no'ng eksenang 'yon nagawa ni Biblee at Cleon ayusin ulit ang system. They managed to connect to everyone and they were all back to communicating and seeing things. Cleon was the one who calmed and explained it to everybody, while Biblee made sure that there was no left virus and things that could counter them.

The night went on to more bloody fightings, and those who saw the Senses went back to fighting and killing all the underlings. It became fast paced, and they were helping each other whenever they would be teamed up.

All in all, it was our victory.

Dumating na rin bago sumikat ang araw 'yong mga taong maglilinis ng mga bangkay sa lugar na 'yon. It was brutal and not even pretty to look at but that was the result of it.

Everyone was now starting to gather to go inside of this building. And we were talking about what happened earlier. Mamayang gabi kami naman ang lalabas para makipaglaban tapos sina Akira, Harper at Caerus ang magiging intel.

Kael would be staying with them though, just to make sure that our mission was still on and he had a track and grasp to what was going on with the intels that would be taking over.

"It was our victory tonight!" I told them with a smile.

"Yeah!" Cleon, Biblee, and Kael smiled at me, and we all raised our palms to high five each other.

Umalis na kami sa kwarto na 'yon dahil oras na rin para ang mismong natitirang Crowns at mga Royals ang sumabak para makipaglaban sa mga Senses at underlings nila ngayong umaga.

We went down to the floor and saw that one by one they were arriving and they were all bloody. They also looked a little tired from everything, and we told them to rest up, and be ready because it was just starting.

The days and nights would soon pass, and things would get more intense.

"Where's Law?" biglang tanong ni Harper no'ng matapos s'yang mag-shower at nasa harap ko na s'ya habang nanunuod ako sa tila salas sa bahagi ng kwarto na 'to sa building kung nasaan kami ngayon.

"Ah, he's with First. May inaasikaso lang," dahilan ko sa kanya. Napakunot-noo naman s'ya.

"Tss! Not telling me, huh?" irap nito.

Hindi ako makasagot kasi ang sinugalinging ko kay Harper. Saktong dumating din si Pierce na nagtutuyo ng buhok. I saw how he avoided my gaze, and how he sat down with heavy breathing at the edge of the sofa.

"Oh, where's Gabby?" Pierce avoided Harper's gaze.

"With Law..." maikling sagot ni Pierce, ayaw magsinungaling pero walang balak sabihin ang katotohanan sa narinig at naramdaman n'ya kanina.

I bit my lower lip, when I saw how Harper narrowed her eyes to Pierce and I. Kinabahan ako. Harper wasn't your gullible and ordinary person. For sure, she felt that something was off, but because she was smart enough, she figured it out on her own, that she wasn't in the place to know it.

Nakahinga ako nang maluwag at naging thankful dahil do'n.

The Crowns and Pasaways went to eat their meal, and went to their assigned rooms to rest and sleep. It was such a long and dreadful night to most of them, and to some it was an exciting and bloody one.

I remained at the living room sighing and thinking about things, and I saw Kael walking near me.

"Hey," he greeted.

"You should rest, you'd be in the battlefield later," he added in a reminding tone. I chuckled and nodded at him.

"Gretta is still possibly shaking in fear right now," I murmured to him, and he sat beside me, and hugged me. I rested my head on his chest, and hugged my knees.

"Yeah, and the downfall of the Senses are already in our eyes. We don't even need tactics and strategies to take them down. A straightforward would be enough." Tumango ako nang marahan biglang pagsang-ayon sa sinabi n'ya.

"We just needed more information about why they started this and who they are and where they came from..." napatango-tango ulit ako sa sinabi n'ya.

"This will be over sooner than we expected." I could already feel that Kael was smirking.

"Why?" mahinang tanong ko.

"Because... things are still going according to plan." Napakunot-noo naman ako. Walang umayon sa plano namin ngayon ano. Nakatakas nga ang mga Senses ng wala kaming nahihitang kahit ano o nagagawa.

We just eliminated the nasty weeds, not the roots.

"And who's plan?" asar na tanong ko.

"Who do you think?" Kakaibang kilabot ang naramdaman ko dahil do'n.

"Miracle?" I questioned, although inside of me... I was already sure.

"Yeah, who else. She's on her own league. Everything is just moving according on how she's moving the pieces on her game. And she probably knows more than we could imagine..." he whispered near my ear. I quivered a little.

"For her, this is a training ground for the Pasaways, and also a step to catch the one behind all of these... let's move according to her strings, and we'll get great results no matter how good or bad things turn out."

Kaagad akong tumango sa kanya dahil tama ang sinabi n'ya niyakap ko rin s'ya nang mahigpit dahil do'n.

The game is not over... until things were placed on their rightful places.

And once those who needed to be buried were still breathing, this war wouldn't end.

Fear now, Senses. Now that Gretta was cracking and breaking down from what she experienced, you would never be able to stand up again.

You all wished for your doom... and it was now your reality.

I couldn't wait to declare: Game Over.

***

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

267K 10.1K 66
For Sebastian Lerwick, being a good father, a loving husband, and a loyal member of the mafia are his top priorities. But when he's given a mission t...