𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐋𝐋...

By _devilishEJ_

**COMPLETED*** Coming back to Beacon Hills with her brother, Blake Hale obviously knew they came back for a r... More

Intro + Cast
Ch. 1 - WOLF MOON
Ch. 2 - SECOND CHANCE AT FIRST LINE
Ch. 3 - PACK MENTALITY
Ch. 4 - MAGIC BULLET
Ch. 6 - HEART MONITOR
Ch. 7 - NIGHT SCHOOL
Ch. 8 - LUNATIC
Ch. 9 - WOLF'S BANE
Ch. 10 - CO-CAPTAIN
Ch. 11 - FORMALITY
Ch. 12 - CODE BREAKER
Intro to Season 2
Ch. 13 - OMEGA
Ch. 14 - SHAPE SHIFTED
Ch. 15 - ICE PICK
Ch. 16 - ABOMINATION
Ch. 17 - VENOMOUS
Ch. 18 - FRENEMY
Ch. 19 - RESTRAINT
Ch. 20 - RAVING
Ch. 21 - PARTY GUESSED
Ch. 22 - FURY
Ch. 23 - BATTLEFIELD
Ch. 24 - MASTER PLAN
Intro to Season 3A
Ch. 25 - TATTOO
Ch. 26 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 27 - FIREFLIES
Ch. 28 - UNLEASHED
Ch. 29 - FRAYED
Ch. 30 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 31 - CURRENTS
Ch. 32 - VISIONARY
Ch. 33 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 34 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 35 - ALPHA PACT
Ch. 36 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
Intro to Season 3B
Ch. 37 - ANCHORS
Ch. 38 - MORE BAD THAN GOOD
Ch. 39 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 40 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 41 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 42 - RIDDLED
Ch. 43 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 44 - ECHO HOUSE
Ch. 45 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 46 - DE-VOID
Ch. 47 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 48 - THE DIVINE MOVE
Intro to Season 4
Ch. 49 - THE DARK MOON
Ch. 50 - 117
Ch. 51 - MUTED
Ch. 52 - THE BENEFACTOR
Ch. 53 - I.E.D
Ch. 54 - ORPHANED
Ch. 55 - WEAPONIZED
Ch. 56 - TIME OF DEATH
Ch. 57 - PERISHABLE
Ch. 58 - MONSTROUS
Ch. 59 - A PROMISE TO THE DEAD
Ch. 60 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Intro to Season 5A
Ch. 61 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
Ch. 62 - PARASOMNIA
Ch. 63 - DREAMCATCHERS
Ch. 64 - CONDITION TERMINAL
Ch. 65 - A NOVEL APPROACH
Ch. 66 - REQUIRED READING
Ch. 67 - STRANGE FREQUENCIES
Ch. 68 - OUROBOROS
Ch. 69 - LIES OF OMISSION
Ch. 70 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS
Intro to Season 5B
Ch. 71 - THE LAST CHIMERA
Ch. 72 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE
Ch. 73 - CODOMINANCE
Ch. 74 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRT
Ch. 75 - AMPLIFICATION
Ch. 76 - LIE ABILITY
Ch. 77 - A CREDIBLE THREAT
Ch. 78 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN
Ch. 79 - THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS
Ch. 80 - APOTHEOSIS
Intro to Season 6A
Ch. 81 - MEMORY LOSS
Ch. 82 - SUPERPOSITION
Ch. 83 - SUNDOWNING
Ch. 84 - RELICS
Ch. 85 - RAIDO SILENCE
Ch. 86 - GHOSTED
Ch. 87 - HEARTLESS
Ch. 88 - BLITZKRIEG
Ch. 89 - MEMORY FOUND
Ch. 90 - RIDERS ON THE STORM
Intro to Seaon 6B
Ch. 91 - SAID THE SPIDER TO THE FLY
Ch. 92 - RAW TALENT
Ch. 93 - AFTER IMAGES
Ch. 94 - FACE-TO-FACELESS
Ch. 95 - PRESSUER TEST
Ch. 96 - TRIGGERS
Ch. 97 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON
Ch. 98 - GENOTYPE
Ch. 99 - BROKEN GLASS
Ch. 100 - THE WOLVES OF WAR
Bonus - HAPPILY EVER AFTER
DO. NOT. STEAL. MY. BOOKS.
HOLY. SHIT.
- 𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗪𝗢𝗟𝗙: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗘 -
Ch. 101 - BEACON HILLS
Ch. 102 - A GAME
Ch. 103 - THE RITUAL
Ch. 104 - ALLISON ARGENT
Ch. 105 - OLD HABBITS DIE HARD
Ch. 106 - PREDATOR AND PREY
Ch. 107 - THE ONI
Ch. 108 - ROWAN
Ch. 109 - A BARRIER BETWEEN WORLDS
Ch. 110 - A WOLF THAT'S NOT READY TO DIE
Ch. 111 - THE FALLEN
Ch. 112 - FAMILY

Ch. 5 - THE TELL

25.4K 721 687
By _devilishEJ_

Blake's outfit

Chapter Five
🐺 The Tell 🐺

"Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever made, it's the best sports movie-" Jackson said as Lydia pulled up to the video store, "No." Lydia interrupted. "It's got Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper-"

"No." By now Blake, who was sitting in the back felt like she was watching a tennis match. "Lydia, I swear to God you'll like it." Jackson still tried to argue, "No." Lydia said again and Blake leaned forward. "Can I pick the movie?" She asked and Lydia laughed.

"Definitely not. You'll just end up picking something nerdy like Star Wars." She said making Blake frown, "No I wasn't." She totally was.

"I am not watching The Notebook again." Jackson said and Lydia just gave him a look making him sigh and get out of the car. "Should I go help him?" Blake asked as Lydia held up her phone to take selfies, "Probably, but take a picture with me first." Lydia said and Blake smiled at the camera then got out after Lydia took the picture.

"What are you doing?" Jackson asked as Blake walked in, "I'm assuming you don't know where the notebook is? Considering you're looking at the comedy section." Blake said and Jackson looked at the thing of movies he was looking to conform she was right. "And what you do?" He asked and she nodded.

"Romance section is next to the Si-Fi section." She said and then started walking down the aisle, she was about to turn to go down another one but Jackson grabbed her arm making her stop and look at him. "You see that too right?" He asked and she followed his line if sight.

Sticking out of one of the aisle was a pair of feet laying there unmoving. Blake slowly walked closer, Jackson following close behind. They made it to the aisle and slowly peeked around to see the store clerk, dead on the floor. Blood everywhere.

Jackson staggers back and tumbles right into the ladder. It goes down, wires snapping with it as a spark flies from the light fixture. With an electric crackling, all of the lights flicker and die, plunging the store into darkness.

The sound of movement makes Blake spin around. A shelf rattles, DVD cases trembling as something largemoves behind it. "Oh why now?" She mumbled, knowing exactly what was between them and the exit.

Jackson grabs Blake's arm and pulls her behind a shelf, trying to steady his near-hyperventilating breaths. Blake doesn't even tempt to calm her rapid heart breath or breathing, the alpha already knows where they are. Being quiet isn't going it change that.

Slowly, Jackson peers up above the stacks of DVD's when suddenly, one of the shelves rocks forward. And the, like dominoes, they begin falling toward them, DVD's flying through the air.

Jackson grabs Blake and moves to dart out of the way, but one of the shelves slams down on his back, pinning his body to the floor. Blake on the other hand, fell on her back making the shelves press down on her stomach making her groan. As Jackson tries to push himself up a shadow falls over them making Blake suck in a deep breath, closing her eyes.

Jackson holds still as the store becomes ominously quiet and as clawed hand reaches over the nape of his neck where the marks from when Derek punctured his skin are still visible.

The alpha let out a low growl before moving to stand above Blake making her groan as the shelves pushed harder on her stomach. She turned her head to the side as the alpha leaned down and sniffed her hair, "Moony." She heard a deep voice whisper then suddenly the alpha ran off, straight through the window of the store.

The only sound was the sounds of glass shattering and a piercing scream coming from the car. Blake opened her eyes, letting a shakey breath as what happened settled in. The alpha knows who she is.

🐺

Sheriff Stilinski drives while Stiles searches through fast food bags, "Did they forget my curly fries?" Stilinski asked. "You're not supposed to eat fries. Especially the curly ones." Stiles said making his father look at him with raised eyebrows, "I am carrying a lethal weapon. If I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries."

"If you think getting rid of contractions in your sentences makes your argument any more legitimate, you are wrong." Stiles but before Stilinski can respond, the radio buzzes to life.

"Unit One, do you copy?"

Stiles reached out to grab the CB but Stilinski smacked his hand away and gave a look making Stiles shy away. "Unit One, copy."

"Got a report of a possible 187."

Stiles looks up after stuffing a handful of curly fries into his mouth with wide eyes, "A murder?!?"

🐺

Stilinski pulls up in front of the video shop and turns to his son, "Stay here." He said then got out of the car. Stiles sits impatiently while taking in the store's shattered window, the knocked over shelves and then noticed Blake sitting in an ambulance next to Lydia who had her head on Blake's shoulder, making his eyes widen and quickly scramble out of car.

Blake sighed and rolled her eyes as Jackson yelled at the EMTs, "I don't need to go to the hospital. I'm fine." Jackson yelled. Noticing the commotion, Stilinski heads over while leaving
his other Deputies to keep the onlookers back. "Why the hell can't I just go home?" Jackson yelled.

"I'm sorry, but the EMT's tell me you hit your head pretty hard and they need to make sure you don't have a concussion." Stilinski said but it seemed like Jackson either wasn't listening or just didn't care, probably both, "What part of I'm fine are you failing to grasp here? I want to go home."

"I understand-"

"No, you don't understand. Which kind of blows my mind since it should be a pretty basic concept for a minimum wage rent-a-cop like you. I just want to go home!" Jackson continued to yell makin Blake sigh out in frustration. "Jackson!" She snapped making him turn to her, "How about instead of yelling at people who are just doing their jobs and come comfort your freaked out girlfriend, who mind you, you're just making her more freaked out." Blake said, gestering to Lydia who had been clutching Blake's hand the more Jackson yelled.

He sighed and walked over to Lydia while Stilinski gave Blake a thankful smile. "Hey, is that a dead body?" Stiles yelled making the throng of onlookers rushes forward and Stilinski throws an angry glare at his son who shrinks back.

Blake looked over to see Stiles standing by the police car making her sigh and get up to walk over to him, "Blake! Are you okay? Are you hurt? Was it you know who? Did he-" He said and was about to ask more questions but Blake covered his mouth with her hand. "I'm fine, Stiles. Just a bit bruised and yes, it was him." She said as she pulled her hand away.

"Did he do anything to you?" He asked worriedly and she smiled softly at him and shook her head, "Yes and no. He didn't hurt me, but he sniffed me and then said my name." She said and his eyes widened. "He knows who you are? How are you not freaking out?" He asked and she shrugged, "In the world of supernatural the Hale family was pretty famous. So an alpha knowing us isn't much of a shocker. The most concerning thing is that he didn't day my name name." She said making him look at her confused.

"What do you mean?" He asked and she sighed, "He said a nickname. A childhood nickname that my family gave me, which I haven't been called since the fire. No one but my family knows it, there was only one person outside the family that knew it and their also dead. Hell, Lydia doesn't even know it." Blake said and Stiles eyes widened.

"Yeah that's concerning. You're okay though right?" He asked and she smiled softly at him and nodded, "I'm okay."

🐺

"Just a friendly reminder: Parent/Teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a C average are required to attend. I won't name you since the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment. And has anyone seen Scott McCall?" Harris asked, looking at Stiles and Blake who sat next to eachother.

Neither of them responds and the he door opens and in comes Jackson,
something slightly off about him. Everyone watches as Harris crosses to him. "Jackson, if you need to leave early for any reason... You let me know." Harris says making Blake scoff loudly. "I was there too. But don't worry, I can feel how concerned you are about my crumbling sanity." She said sarcastically making Stiles chuckle next to her while highlighting a bunch of sentences in his text book.

Harris ignored her and walked to the front of the class, "Everyone, start reading Chapter Nine. And Mr. Stilinski try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's Chemistry. Not a coloring book" He said making Stiles look up at him then tilted his head back, spitting the cap out and catching it. Blake laughed quietly while looking down at her book making Stiles look at her with a smile.

After a few seconds Stiles leans toward Danny who is sitting in front of him, "Danny? Can I ask you a question?"

"No."

"I'm going to anyway. Did Lydia show
up in your homeroom today?"

"No."

"Can I ask you another question?"

"Answer still no."

"Do people know what happened to them last night?" Stiles asked making Blake look at him confused for a second, she could have sworn she told him, "He wouldn't tell me." Danny said slowly.

"But he's your best friend." Stiles said and Danny just shrugged, "One more question."

"What?!"

"Do you find me attractive?" Stiles asked making Blake look at him weird as he kept leaning forward in his seat until finally falling forward. He quickly and awkwardly caught himself while everyone looked at him. He turned to Blake to see her silently laughing making his face redden a bit while he sat down.

🐺

Stiles hurries down the hall with his phone to his ear, Blake following him.
"What?"

"Finally! Are you getting any of my
texts?"

"All nine million of them."

"You have any clue what's going on?
Lydia's totally M-I-A, Jackson looks like he had a time bomb inserted into his face, Blake is entirely too calm over the fact the alpha knows who she is, another random guy is dead and you need to do something about it."

"Like what?"

"Something."

"I'll deal with it later." Scott hung up making Stiles look down at his phone and sigh, "Well, I'll see you tomorrow." Blake said and started to walk away but Stiles stopped her, "Wait, where are you going?" He asked. "I was going to go check on Lydia." She answered and he nodded.

"I'll drive."

🐺

"Sweetheart, Blake and Stiles is here to see you." Natalie Martin said as she opened the door to her daughter's room, letting Blake and Stiles in. "What the hell's a Stiles?" Natalie turns to Stiles with an embarrassed smile while Blake just snickered, "She's had a little something to ease her nerves. Go right in."

"Thanks Natalie." Blake said and Natalie smiled at her as she left the room. "What are you doing here?" Lydia asked as Blake walked over to the bed, "Just wanted to make sure you're okay." Blake said, sitting down next to Lydia. "Why?" Lydia asked.

"Because you're my best friend. How are you feeling?" Blake asked and Lydia smiled and leaned closer, "I feel ffffffantastic." Lydia said making Blake hum while Stiles picked up the bottle of pills on Lydia's nightstand. "I bet you can't say, uh, "I saw Susie sitin' in a shoe-shine shop" ten times fast." He said and Lydia looked at him with a challenging smirk.

"I saw Shusie... I shaw... I saw..." Lydia's gaze drifts and Blake looks at her concerned, "Lydia? What did you see?" Blake asked softly. "Something..."

"Something... like a mountain lion?"

"A mountain lion..."

"Are you sure you saw a mountain lion, or are you just saying that because that's what the police told you?"

"A mountain lion..." Lydia answers again making Stiles and Blake glance at each other. Blake reached over and grabbed a stuffed animal off of Lydia's nightstand, "Lyds, what this?" She asked and Lydia looked at it, "A mountain lion."

"Oh, you're so high." Blake muttered and Lydia rested her head in Blake's lap making her sigh and gently run her fingers through Lydia's hair. Blake looks down at Lydia whose eyes have fluttered close. "I guess I should leave and let you get back to the whole post
traumatic stress thing." Stiles said, noticing it too.

"No, stay." Lydia muttered making Blake raise her eyebrows, "You want us to stay?" She asked and Lydia nodded looking up at her "Yes. Please, stay. Please, Jackson." Lydia said before falling back onto the bed. "Holy fuck, how strong are those drugs?" Blake said as she grabbed the bottle of pills to read them.

Lydia's phone buzzed on the night stand making Stiles look at it, "You want me to get that?" Stiles asked and grabbed Lydia's phone, "It's a text. I don't know how to- Holy shit. Blake look at this." He said and Blake stood up and looked down at the phone.

On the phone was a video of a dark shape hurtles through the store front
window. Stiles hits pause. Breath caught in his throat, he zooms-in to a perfectly captured image of a nightmare. Standing there on two feet, a dark and monstrous silhouette with glowing red eyes.

The Alpha.

🐺

A couple minutes after leaving Lydia's house, Blake's phone went off making her look down at it and sigh. "What's wrong?" Stiles asked glancing over at her, "Derek just texted me telling me not to come home tonight. Kate and a couple hunters apparently paid him a visit." She said and he looked over at her while stopping at a red light.

"Y-You could stay the night at my house if you want." He suggested nervously making her smile at him then shake her head, "Thanks but it's fine. I can just use the "I'm to scared to sleep alone" accuses on Lydia's mom and stay there." She said and he nodded. "Do you want me to turn around and take you back?" He asked.

She stared out of windshield in deep thought for a moment, "Actually, can you drive me somewhere else?" She asked and he nodded, "Yeah, where?"

🐺

"I need the room number to Peter Hale's room." Blake said to one of the nurses at the front desk, "Are you family?" She asked and Blake nodded, "Niece." She answered and the lady nodded then told her the room number.

"Do you want me to come with you or?" Stiles asked awkwardly as Blake walked back over to him, "You can come with." She said and he nodded then followed her to a room. Blake stopped outside the door way, taking in a deep breath.

"Hey, you okay?" Stiles asked and Blake looked over at him and nodded, "Yeah, it's just been a while." She said then walked into the room. She sat down on the bed in front of a man who sat in a wheelchair. Stiles walked in and slowly sat down next to her, "Who is he?" Stiles asked softly and she sighed.

"My uncle. Peter Hale." She answered then took another deep breath before speaking, "Derek told me that the nurses said you could hear us. I don't know how accurate they are with that kind of stuff but I guess with better than nothing." She said in a slight mumbled while looking down at her hands. Stiles looked at her concerned before gently grabbing her hand making her look up at him and smile softly.

"Sorry it's taken me so long to come visit you. I guess I still kinda blame myself, even though Derek constantly tells me it's not my fault. If you are getting better, can you please hurry up. We could really use another Hale right now, more than ever after losing Laura."

"Sorry to interrupt, but Mr. Hale need to run some tests." A voice said making Blake and Stiles turn to see a bright red headed nurse standing in the door way. "Yeah, no problem." Blake said, getting up and pulling Stiles with her, their hands still interlocked.

After getting in the car and driving in silence for a few minutes, Stiles finally spoke up. "What did you mean by you still blame yourself?" He asked making her look over at him, "You don't have to tell me." He said and she smiled softly and shook her head.

"It's fine, it's not really a secret. But uh, let's go to your place or something so I can explain it better." She said and he nodded.

🐺

When they got to his house, Blake sat down on his bed while he sat on his chair. "It's kinda my fault that he's there." She said making Stiles forehead crease in confusion but he stayed silent to let her talk, "The day of the fire my family where all in the basement having a family game night. Derek was still at basketball practice and Laura was waiting for him to finish, so that's why they weren't at the house." She said.

"Were you..?" He started to asked and she looked up at him and nodded, "All day long that day, I had been feeling horrible, but it wasn't like sick horrible. It was like I constantly always had a bad feeling that was so bad it almost made me dizzy. So my mom made me go lay down. And I woke up hearing screams and smelling smoke and I ran out of my room and to the stair case to see almost everything on fire. The half of the stairs where on fire and I tried to get down them." She explained then took her jacket off and lifted the side of her shirt up a bit.

Halfway up to her side and to her hip and a little over her stomach was a giant scar. Stiles stood up and lightly touched it without thinking making her suck in a deep breath and putting her shirt back down before sitting on the bed again.

"I got burnt, pretty badly. And somehow my uncle managed to get out of the basement and went to run out the house but saw me on the stairs. And instead of continuing on, he ran right through the fire to grab me and get me out the house. If he hadn't done that he wouldn't still be in the hospital today."

Stiles sighed and sat down next to her, "You know it's not your fault right?" He asked and she nodded, "I know, Derek tells me all the time. It's just not something that goes away easily." She said shrugging.

Stiles didn't know what to say so he just got up and grabbed two movies and showing them to to her, "Wanna continue our Star Wars marathon?" He asked making her chuckle and nod.

🐺

After watching a movie Stiles decided to call Scott again. "It's me. Again. I found something and I don't know what to do and if you don't turn your phone back on I'm going to kill you. I'm too pissed off to come up with a witty
description of exactly how I'm going to kill you. I'm just going to kill you." Stiles said then hung up and sat down next to Blake in front of his bed while she rewatches the video of the alpha. She had sent it to herself then deleted it off of Lydia's phone before they left.

A knock suddenly comes from the door making jump slightly and look up as the door clicks open. Stilinski walked in and smiled at Blake before looking at his son, "Please tell me I'm going to hear good news at the parent teacher
thing tonight." He said and Stiles pursed his lips and squinted.

"That depends on how you define good news."

"I define it as you getting straight A's with no behavioral issues." Stilinski said, crossing his arms and Stiles looked at him sheepishly, "You might wanna rethink that definition." Stiles said and his father sighed, "Say no more." He said and went to walk away.

Stiles gazes at the picture of the Alpha on the screen of Blake's phone before sighing, "Come on, Scott. Where the hell are you?" He mumbled. "Maybe he's already at the parent teacher conference." Blake suggested and he sighed and shook his head, "Knowing Scott, he probably forgot about it."

Blake sighed and looked back down at her phone and then tilted her head slightly as a thought came to mind.

Could Peter be-? No, Peter would never do any of this. If he was better, the first thing he would have done was find his family. Not murder one of his nieces.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 495 15
"New year, new us..." Diana rolled her eyes as she turned to look at Lydia from her place in the passenger's seat of her best friend's car. "New you...
354K 13.5K 46
𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 | alyssa hale g͏e͏t͏s ͏m͏o͏r͏e ͏t͏h͏a͏n ͏s͏h͏e ͏b͏a͏r͏g͏a͏i͏n͏e͏d ͏f͏o͏r ͏w͏h͏e͏n ͏s͏h͏e r͏e͏t͏u͏r͏n͏s ͏t͏o ͏b͏e͏a͏c͏o͏n ͏h͏i͏l͏l͏s...
2.1K 104 18
Beacon Hills. Home to all kinds of supernatural. It's been that way for decades, a safe haven. That was until an unsuspecting teenager got bit in th...
420K 12.4K 69
**COMPLETED** ~ This book starts off as a Liam Dunbar book but ends as a Theo Raeken book ~ After the events of her sister's death, Willow Argent fel...