Wait For Me to Come Home (Noa...

By justavibingbisexual

** There is NO smut in this story** Being labelled a successful up and coming singer-songwriter isn't exactly... More

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen
Part Nineteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty One
Part Twenty Two
Part Twenty Three
Part Twenty Four - The Lamppost Back on Sixth Street
Part Twenty Five
Part Twenty Six
Part Twenty Seven
Part Twenty Eight
Part Twenty Nine
Part Thirty
Part Thirty One
Part Thirty Two - Wait For Me To Come Home
Part Thirty Three
Part Thirty Four
Part Thirty Five - Kiss Me Under The Light of A Thousand Stars
Part Thirty Six
Part Thirty Seven - Epilogue

Part Fourteen

875 19 1
By justavibingbisexual

Noah

I can feel Robbie shaking as we hug and I squeeze him a little bit harder. I'm so happy for him. This is a massive deal, especially for him, and I don't want to ruin it. We pull out of the celebratory hug and he's got this sort of giddy look on his face which I recognise -- it's similar to the face I had when I found out I'd got the part in Stranger Things.

Madison Square Garden is like the holy grail for performers. I remember hearing some people saying that you knew you'd made it as a musician if you played there. And Robbie's going there now.

I'm kinda glad his phone rang, I immediately regret the fact that I was about to ask him about his arm. It's a terrible thing to do, seeing as we're not even close friends and it's a hugely personal thing for him. But I want to get to know him better. We get on so well and even the silences between us are comfortable. I feel like I can be myself around him, and I'm hoping he can eventually be himself around me too.

We've been standing in silence for a bit, and I break into a smile.

'What are you standing there for? Let's go tell Millie! And give her the fro-yo she wanted. But that's not as important.'

Robbie looks straight at me and grins.

'You're right. The fro-yo is more important!'

I've taught him well. We begin the short walk back to where we came from, and I see Robbie's eating a bit more slowly, still trying to adjust to reality. I see something flicker across his face as he looks from his little cup and back at me.

'What did you want to ask me before I got called?'

I pull a face. It's not the right time or place to ask him about this now.

'Oh, it was nothing really. Don't worry about it.'

'You telling me not to worry about it is going to make me worry more about it.'

I roll my eyes at him and he giggles, putting another spoonful of fro-yo in his mouth. He's nearly finished it already, and I have to say I'm impressed. We're closing in on Millie, but before we reach her I stop and pull out my phone.

'Do you want my number?'

Robbie freezes in place and he spins round to look at me. He's starstruck again and I honestly can't get enough of seeing his face light up every time I do something for him.

'I... what?!'

'Do you want my number? I mean talking on Instagram is fine but this might be easier. And it also means I can facetime you at 2am to annoy you.'

He's in more shock than he already was, which is unbelievable. He pushes his glasses back up the ridge of his nose slightly and shakily nods.

'I mean... if you're cool with it, then yeah I'd love to.'

'Of course I'm cool with it, or I wouldn't have asked you pleb.'

Robbie beams as he brings his phone out of his pocket. We switch phones and enter each other's numbers into our contacts. I choose what I hope he'll find a funny nickname for me in his phone, and I hand it back.

I watch for his reaction as he reads through what I've put. I hope he doesn't freak out that I've already put 'best friend' in there but I genuinely feel like we're that close.

'Noah, best friend and the fro-yo God?'

I grin and nod.

'It's the truth.'

'I love it. Thank you so much. I hope you like the nickname I put in your phone.'

I look down at my own phone in surprise, not expecting him to have done the same. Not that I'm complaining. I can't help but grin. Robbie, best friend and insert *sad guitar noises*.

'Wow. That's pretty accurate.'

Robbie blushes a little and I wonder if it's because I liked what he put as his contact. Every one of his reactions to something I say or do sets off all these weird feelings inside me and I'm glad I've got his number.

'I may end up calling you tonight, just an advanced warning.'

'You're lucky I'm still jet lagged so I'll definitely be awake at whatever stupid time you decide to stay awake till.'

I shove him playfully in response and he nearly drops his and Millie's fro-yo which prompts a hands full middle finger from him towards me. We wake Millie and she gratefully accepts the frozen treat from Robbie's hand. She takes a bite and smiles, propping herself up into a seated position where Robbie and I join her.

She takes a look at him and then at me, her eyebrows furrowing.

'Alright, what's going on?'

Robbie blushes a little again, adding to the redness across his face from the heat.

Millie's stopped picking at her treat and looks over at Robbie. I almost want to shout out what he's gonna tell her, but I wouldn't want to steal Robbie's thunder. He looks from Millie to me, almost asking me with his eyes if it's alright to tell her. Of course it is, he doesn't need my permission for anything.

'You and Noah sharing looks is starting to creep me out, are you planning something? What is it?'

'No! It's nothing like that. I.. well... I'm gonna be playing in New York soon.'

'Oh is that it? That's really cool dude, I'm happy for you --'

'I'm gonna be playing Madison Square Garden.'

Millie stops and stares at Robbie, who awkwardly grins in the silence, opting to stare at the grass. She yells in excitement, catching both me and Robbie off guard, and envelops him in a hug.

'Robbie!! That's fantastic, I knew it'd only be a matter of time till you got the bigger gigs!'

Robbie murmurs his thanks into Millie's shoulder as he gets the life squeezed out of him. He looks at me and I can see the pleading look in his eyes, and I intervene.

'He can't play Madison Square Garden if he's crushed, Mills.'

She releases him immediately, but gives him another brief hug. Robbie's kinda blown away by her reaction, and he can't stop smiling.

'So I guess you're a big shot now huh? How does it feel?'

He leans back, propping himself up on his elbows.

'I don't know? Like this is the last place I'd thought I'd get news like this. I haven't changed though. I don't really want to change just cause some people may see me as big shot now.'

I admire that. He's struck me as a pretty down to earth guy, and I know that this new level of fame is probably going to scare him more than anything. I've been there, and as I've already decided, I'm gonna be there to help him.

'So when do tickets go on sale? When do you actually play there?!'

He shrugs.

'I don't know. Cade was pretty brief cause he knew I was with you two. I'd assume it would be soon though cause we were meant to go to New York in the next couple weeks.'

'Well, this is a cause for celebration. I propose a toast.'

I lift up my nearly empty for-yo cup, and Robbie snickers at the gesture, before adding his own cup to the air, as does Millie.

'To new success, and new friendships.'

'HUZZAH!' Millie imitating an upper class Englishman gets a laugh from both Robbie and I, and we 'clink' our cups together. Robbie and I lock eyes and I mean everything I said. I really hope that we stay friends, and get even closer. This guy and his music is something I don't want to throw away.

'You'll need a memory of this occasion to look back on. Smile!' I've already brought my phone up to take a selfie and unlike last night, Robbie is actually ready for it. I snap a few pictures of all of us beaming smiles in the shade, and pocket my phone.

The rest of the time flies by so unbelievably fast I'm certain that someone skipped time forward just to spite me. We're back in the hotel lobby, saying our goodbyes. Millie hugs Robbie first again.

'Congrats again, I'm so happy for you! You'll have to tell us when tickets go on sale so we can come see you again!'

They pull out of the hug, Robbie blushing again.

'Honestly you don't have to feel like you have to see me over and over again.'

Millie bats away Robbie's bashfulness.

'Dude! You were incredible last night. I'd want to see you again, and if you're playing Madison Square Garden then of course I wanna be there.'

Robbie runs a hand nervously through the back of his messy brown hair, and I step in to save him from melting into a very embarrassed puddle. I wrap my arms around him and I can feel his chest moving rapidly. My heart is also racing and I do want to hug for longer but I don't want to make it awkward for him.

I pull away from the hug, and look straight at him, although his gaze has fallen to his shuffling feet.

'You deserve this, especially after everything you told me in the park. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I'm super proud of you.'

He looks up from his shoes and has the brightest smile I've seen so far from him and it lifts my own heart back up into my throat. Holy crap seeing this guy happy because of stuff I've said is making my day.

'I'll call you later if you're still fine with that?'

Robbie nods, slipping his hands into his pockets.

'Thanks so much for taking the time to hang out with me. I won't forget this for a long time.'

'Of course. We'll have to organise something a bit longer next time.'

Millie hugs Robbie again, and then it's my turn and I milk it a bit more, not knowing if or when I'll see him again. He's such a damn good hugger. We start heading to the doors, but Robbie calls out just as we're about to leave.

'Can you send over the pictures you took earlier?'

I grin and nod at him, and he returns it with his own smile. I turn to look at Millie as she leaves through the doors, and I turn back to wave at Robbie but he's already gone. Millie and I pile back into the thankfully cool car, and strap in for the journey back to our accomodation. I've really enjoyed today, and I'm even more excited to call him later.

I hope we'll have one of those facetime calls which lasts for a few hours and we just chill out as we get to know each other even more. I genuinely can't stop thinking about him. I know that it's probably not normal, and I'm kinda worried. I've always known who I've liked and I thought I knew myself well, but this boy has thrown everything up into the air. It's equal parts scary, but also exciting.

I can't resist it, I pull my phone out and type a message.

Noah: wassup bestie, just wanna say thanks again for hanging out today I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing your face later! 😁

I'm not expecting him to respond, but my phone buzzes straight away. He's fast with his responses, which is so rare nowadays.

Robbie: yooo bestie, honestly thank you so much again! you made my year by hanging out with me, and by also introducing me to fro-yo so it's cool. And same, I just hope you can put up with my ugly mug haha

I grin. Even in his messages his awkward cuteness comes across. I'll need to decide when I'll call him, but that can wait till later. I put on my wireless headphones and queue up my favourite playlist. Everything seems so much better now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 2.4K 75
[COMPLETED] HAI MACHNLA! KOHOMADA β˜ΊοΈπŸ€—πŸ’• Hope you guys are doing just fine! OK to be honest I have no idea how to introduce this book to you... Bu...
2.8K 136 24
DISCONTINUED!!! "oh. it's you." "oh. hello." "yeah. hi, blondie." ---------- newt didn't really think much of going up to the shop worker to ask who...
188K 6.3K 41
[COMPLETED] "i guess everything was just a waste then." - lowercase intended.
593K 59.3K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...