The Queen's Game

By The_Queen_107

"This is a male dominated business Rowan! You won't make it one minute without my help." My father said aggra... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: "Watch me"
Chapter 2: Ego Battle
Chapter 3: The Northern Heir
Chapter 4: Frenemies
Chapter 5: Mason Reed
Chapter 6: The Heir Ball (Part 1)
Chapter 7: The Heir Ball (Part 2)
Chapter 8: Unknown
Chapter 9: "It's you in dog form"
Chapter 10: Introducing the five foot child
Chapter 11: Don't Question It
Chapter 12: Birthday Madness (Part 1)
Trailer!!!
Chapter 13: Birthday Madness (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Target Practice
(Character Cheat Sheet) Authors Note #1
Chapter 15: Sweets Overload
Chapter 16: Ambush
Chapter 17: Beware The Moody Rowan
Chapter 18: Birthday Surprises
Chapter 19: "Is this the part where you yell?"
Chapter 20: The Anniversary
Chapter 21: The One Where He Fuck's Up, Big Time
Chapter 22: Bitch Boy
Chapter 24: The Group
Chapter 25: Ruby
Chapter 26: "Douchebag on a Motorcycle"
Chapter 27: Spooky Scary Skeletons
Chapter 28: The Girl With Blonde Hair
Chapter 29: Secrets and Lies
Chapter 30: The Silent Treatment
Chapter 31: Sweet Morning Texts of Murder
Chapter 32: "I'm About to Fight his Bitch"
Chapter 33: Bribery
Chapter 34: Old People
Chapter 35: Newlyweds
Chapter 36: Night Out
Chapter 37: Dance Battle of Death
Chapter 38: Starting Point
Chapter 39: Period Problems
Chapter 40: The Holiday Spirt
Chapter 41: Threats
Chapter 42: Washington
Chapter 43: Shotgun
Chapter 44: Embrace for Impact
Chapter 45: Cause for Concern
Chapter 46: Things Get Ugly
Chapter 47: In The Moment
Chapter 48: Headlines
Chapter 49: Bloodhounds

Chapter 23: Apologies

125 9 0
By The_Queen_107

POV: Lincoln McBride

~~~

You'd think with the number of people who hate me right now my house would be quiet at ten o'clock.

But you'd be wrong.

To be honest I'm not even sure what the hell is going on. One second I'm peacefully sitting in my living room with Jacob after being screamed at by Scarlet for an hour and the next thing I know Mira is barging through my front door and she starts yelling.

Now here I am sitting on the couch with my mouth shut, that's a first, because both Mira and Scarlet are in front of me screaming at each other. What about, you'd ask, well Mira wants to drag my ass back to Rowans and have me apologize to Candy and Scar says that they should give Candy a few more days before she has to see me again.

I'm not sure who I agree with. I would like the chance to apologize to Candy but I have the feeling that if I step one foot into that house either she would shoot me or Luke would.

The girls continue to yell and eventually I think this has gone on long enough and I go to interrupt them.

Not my best decision.

"Th-" I can barely get a word out before they both turn to me.

"Did we say you could talk? No!" they said it in sync which only scared me more.

I put my hands up in surrender and pressed my lips together, they glared for another second and then went back to arguing.

"Well man, you're screwed." Jacob was finding this very amusing, and I was surprised he didn't have his phone out to record the screaming match his sister was having.

"He can't just sit on his ass in this house bitching and moaning about being shot or how sorry he is! He and Candy slept together. We all know that and all of us heard what he said the next day!" Mira's hands were flying everywhere as she talked and I thought she was gonna slap her.

I'm not gonna lie, I kind of wish she did. Because honestly, who doesn't like some chick on chick bitch fights. Personally, I'd prefer them to be in little bikinis but I'll take what I can get.

"And we were both in the room with Candy today! She needs more time before she has to face him again. Yes, they slept together but we both know that's not the big issue here. He degraded her and basically compared her to all of the other slut that throw themselves at him on the daily! She is nothing like them, I should know I'm the one that has to kick them out of the house the next morning."

Ah, yes. My lovely "groupies'". I wish I was with one of them right now instead of here, the things I could be doing. Like pinning that blond one against the wall, or letting the short one ride me, oh or the brunet that does that thing with her tongue while her mouth is around my d-

My thoughts are interrupted when the front door opens, seconds later Matty and Maya appear in the living room. Matty looks amused with the fight between the girls and Maya is glaring at me, which at this point is expected.

Forgetting about why I need to be quiet, I go to talk to Matty, "What the hell are you doing here?"

This time I manage to get a full sentence out before being yelled at to not talk.

Yay me.

I hope you can feel my sarcasm.

"Well, you look a little, tied up here? So I'm just going to help myself to your fridge" Matty smirks' at me and walks off towards the kitchen.

"Matty don't you dare-" at this point, I'm not even surprised that I'm being cut off again.

"Stop talking, you are no longer allowed to talk!" Scar had her scary face on but I was more afraid of what Matty was going to do to my kitchen.

"But-"

"Not a word Linc." she was pointing her finger at me and at this point, I was done being treated like a toddler.

"You are not-"

"Not. A. Single. Word. Lincoln Bartholomew McBride!" Much to my dismay she pretty much screamed that last part.

My mouth opened and closed like a fish for a good minute. I can not believe she used my middle name, she promised she would never tell another living soul.

Jacob was having a blast with this new information and was laughing his ass off along with Mira who was trying not to.

I gave up, folding my arms and leaning back into the couch. I will not risk Scar reviling any more secrets today, that stupid, ridiculous' middle name was enough.

Ugh, I'm never gonna hear the end of this.

Oh my god, Rowan's going to have a field day with this.

Fuck me.

Maya was the one to break the silence when she called after Matty, "Hey! Wait for me, I want some too." and with that, she ran off into the kitchen.

~~~

In the end, Mira had won, not only because she pulled one of her knives on Scar but she was right, I can't just sit here. We both just had to rip off the band-aid and talk like adults.

The car pulled up to the front gate of Ro's house and Mira rolled down the window to say hello to the guard. The gate opened and she pulled up into the driveway.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? Luke's not gonna, like kill me the second I walk through the door right?" She looked annoyed and ignored me as she opened the door and pushed me through it.

Like I expected the first thing I see is Luke, well technically not Luke, more like the barrel of his gun.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't shoot you right now." His tone was serious and to be honest I was a little scared.

"Mira" Looking to my right I give her a pleading look. Again she rolls her eyes but comes over and lowers Luke's gun, "I think this might be a little more appropriate."

I was confused for a second until I looked down to see where his gun was pointing, right at my crotch.

My eyes widened and I moved my hands to try and protect myself, not that it would do much good against a bullet.

"Okay, that's enough. Luke put the gun down Linc has some apologizing to do." at Mira's words he slowly lowers the gun and turns to her, "Are you sure this is the best idea? Can't we just kill him and make it look like an accident? Rowan won't be that mad."

Mira just gives him a look and he pouts, "It was just a suggestion." then he turns to look at me.

"I'm going to say this once. If you upset her any more, you're dead. If you make her cry again, you're dead. If I hear her yell at all, you're dead. If you do anything other than apologies for being the man whore jackass you are, you are dead. You understand?"

It takes me a second to comprehend everything he just said but then I just nod my head. After being yelled at every time I opened my mouth before I'm afraid she might just stab me the next time.

He looks at me for a minute before looking at Mira, "What did you do to him? Why isn't he running his mouth like usual?"

Mira shrugs her shoulder, "None of your concern. Now go sit on the couch and don't you dare go upstairs and butt in." After Luke nods she grabs my wrist and pulls me upstairs and down a hallway.

We stop in front of a door I assume is Candy's and she opens it and pulls me through. "Okay, everyone out now."

At the sound of her voice Crystal, and Candy's heads turn to her. To me, it looked like she was having a silent conversation with them because she just nods and walks out of the room leaving just the three of us, Mira and I near the door and Candy sitting on the edge of her bed.

"The two of you have some talking to do so I'll leave you to it, call if you need anything." Mira leaves the room and shuts the door behind her.

Candy and I just kind of looked at each other for a few minutes and you could feel the awkwardness and the tension in the room so I decided to just rip off the band-aid.

"Can I sit down?" I motioned to the spot on the bed next to her, she stared at it for a moment and then nodded. I left a good foot between us not wanting to make her feel any more uncomfortable than she already looks.

"Okay, so I know that this is awkward as hell so I'm just gonna come right out with it, is that okay?" I look at her and wait for her response, again I don't get anything more than a node but I'll take what I can get.

"This whole situation is my fault and I'm sorry, truly sorry. I know we were both completely hammered that night and I can't remember enough of it to know if there is anything I need to apologize for so I'm just going to anyway. I'm sorry, I'm sorry for anything that happened that night because I honestly have no idea."

She stays quiet so I continue, "And I'm mostly, completely, and honestly sorry for what happened the next morning. I never should have reacted that way, I am so sorry, And to be honest, I don't even know why I did that. It was my first reaction and I can never apologize enough for it.

She's still just sitting there so I decided to force myself to say what I had been contemplating, "And I want you to know that if I was sober I never would have slept with you. Wait no, that sounds bad, it's not that I don't think you're attractive because I do, but, carp. Can I start over?" When I look over to him I expect to see her emotionless face or for Luke to come busting the door down.

What I don't expect is to hear Candy giggle at my stumbling and somehow I'm laughing along with her.

"So what were you trying to say?" She stops laughing and turns her head to me.

"What I was trying to say was that I enjoy our bickering and even are screaming matches and the way you react to the nicknames I give you and I feel that maybe we were becoming, I don't know, friends?" I don't look at her, I'm afraid that when I do she'll laugh in my face, and I wouldn't blame her.

But when I do she doesn't laugh she just looks at me and then reaches over into her nightstand for a red marker and when she's sitting back next to me she starts drawing something on my face, it's small and I think it a heart or something.

She's laughing again when she moves back to look at her work, "Your forgiven Linc, but I retain the right to bring this up whenever I want to guilt trip you into doing something."

I start laughing now too and it feels good. I don't really laugh often with people that aren't close to me, my father had drilled in my head since I was a child that I wasn't normal, I was his heir and I needed to act like it, I had to be emotionless and I had to learn to control the people around me.

One of the main reasons I sleep around is because it pisses him off, he's afraid I'm going to get someone pregnant and have an, in his words, illegitimate child. If it wasn't for Scar and Jacob I don't think I'd be who I am today.

Scar taught me that I can't act like a dictator and expect people to listen, she taught me that you can't control people like my father would tell you, her being the prime example. Scar doesn't take my shit and will call me out straight to my face, as I saw with the screaming match that happened today.

Jacob has always been there and he knows the problems I have and my issues and he has never once broken my trust and told anyone, not even his sister.

"So are we good then flame princess?" I have a smile on my face and Candy snaps a picture of me before a smile of her own spread on her face.

"Yes we are Douche bag, just try not to piss off Luke for a while or he might actually kill you." She takes a few more Snapchat pictures of me with god knows what filters and the little red heart draws on my face before there is a knock on the door and Mira comes back in.

"Are we all good in here?" She has a smile of her own on her face and I'm not sure if it's because of the heart on my face of if Candy has been sending the photos to her, "Me and Miss Hot Cheeto here are just fine, make sure you relay that to Luke so he doesn't come to my house and kill me in my sleep.

Mira laughs as Candy hits me in the head with one of her pillows.

The voice in the back of my head tells me I don't deserve her forgiveness but I ignore it like I always do and focus on the fact that I do have it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to Comment and Vote.

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 2.8K 41
"Would you ever kiss me?" he asked "Well I find the saliva exchange gross and very.." "Emily! !" he snapped. "Alright.. Maybe." I said being honest...
646K 13.3K 67
"Ava, you have to be quiet! They'll hear you-" Tears started to spill from my eyes, blending in with the rain that dripped down my face. I shouldn't...
95.5K 5.2K 82
Book #3 in The Fire series BLAKE RIVERA "You're the leader of a gang." Aiden yells. I look up at him. "You don't think I know that?" I yel...
5.5M 140K 107
I looked at her possessively before grabbing her by the nape of her neck and pulling her closer to me, our lips a breath away. "You are mine. Only mi...