Stolen moments

By amourpierce

Betrayed by a friend,life made a living hell by an ex-lover,follow Leah as she fights for her life,love and h... More

Introduction....
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 19(A)
Chapter 19(B)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Not an update
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Note an update but very important
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28(B)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Playlist
Chapter 55
Part B
Chapter 1(B)
Chapter 2(B)
Chapter 3(B)
Chapter 4(B)
Chapter 5(B)
Chapter 6(B)
Chapter 7(B)
Chapter 8(B)
Chapter 9(B)
Chapter 10(B)
Chapter 11 (B)
Chapter 12(B)
Chapter 13(B)
Chapter 14(B)
Chapter 15(B)
Chapter 16(B)
Chapter 17(B)
Important note:
Chapter 18(B)
Chapter 19(B)
Chapter 20(B)
Chapter 21(B)
Chapter 22(B)
Chapter 23(B)
Chapter 24(B)
Chapter 25(B)
Chapter 26(B)
Chapter 27(B)
Chapter 28(B)
Chapter 29(B)
Chapter 30(B)
Chapter 31(B)
Chapter 32(B)
Chapter 33(B)
Chapter 34(B)
Chapter 35(B)
Chapter 36(B)
Chapter 37(B)
Chapter 38(B)
Chapter 39(B)
Chapter 40(B)
Chapter 41 (B)
Chapter 42(B)
Chapter 43(B)
Chapter 44(B)
Chapter 45(B)
Important Notice

Chapter 54

92 12 0
By amourpierce

I look around the small house, taking everything in as she returns with two cups of coffee for the two of us. I stared at her taking in her appearance, she has really changed. Her always short mini skirt is now exchanged for straight jeans and her normally tight crop top was dumped for a green tshirt. Her blonde hair looks more natural than before and she has this natural look and beauty to her, thanks to a zero use of make up, but with all these, her eyes still shows what she feels.

"Here you go" she gives me my cup as i clutch it, she takes hers as she sat opposite me on the couch. She gives me a warm smile as i returned mine.

"Thank you" she nods, taking a sip from hers. I sigh taking mine. "How are you Matilda? By the way you look__" she quickly cuts me off.

"Different right?" She asks as if looking for my approval.

"I meant to say nice?" I said nervously not wanting to hurt the poor girl's feeling. She nods, sighing in content.

We were both silent for a moment, not knowing what to say. It's not like we were friends before. Situation made us strange acquaintances. 

"I know you are not here to talk over tea or should i say coffee or about the weather... " she puts the coffee on the table in front of us. "I heard what happened to Leah" she looks at me with sympathy.

"Yeah... it's all over the local news" I puff staring at the steam from the coffee. The cool morning air made my hands cold so i need the heat from the cup. "What do you got to say about this?" I look up to meet her eyes.

"I know she is not lying" she nods in assurance. "He is capable of doing that to her.. Bu-but i told you to warn her" she chastised as i huff in frustration.

"You think i didn't?, I did, i really really tried but he always finds a way to worm himself back into her life, he is as slimy as a snake!" I grit.

"Of course he is" she shrugs as i place my coffee on the table.

"Matilda i need your help" she nods for me to go on. "The court needs more evidence and i was thinking if you could testify against him in court__"

"No!" She stood up abruptly as i also do the same. She shakes her head furiously, wrapping her hands around her.

"Why?! You will also get the justice that you desire__"

"I don't want it!"

"Why?!" I snapped getting frustrated on her adamant behavior. She sighs moving around, thinking.

"Cause I know you are not going to win this case" she shrugs, looking confident. I glare at her. She sighs.

"Look Rosalia... It's not like i hate Leah or anything is just that... You guys are wasting your time" I stared at her silently as she continues "Hulio Banerio as connections in this town and am sure by now he is pulling all the strings"

"Who is Hulio Banerio?" I asked in confusion as she gave a mild smile.

"Guess you don't know him as Hulio, he normal refers to himself as Lucio Banerio in a formal setting" I nod my head in realization, the father of those two idiots.

"How do you know his other name?" She grins.

"Let's say when we were together, i did some sniffing around"
I shake my head in amusement as she turns serious. "I believe he has connections with the mafia and a member of one of the major famiglia at their home back in Italy... The mansion back here is just like a branch managed by his two sons. He as dirt on every important figure in this town, from the mayor down to the sheriff, they all work for him, that is why he technically owns this town"

"Wow.. That's disturbing" I shuddered.

"Yeah... I won't be surprised if the jury favors Antonio, he probably as a dirty secret against the judge" she shrugs casually.

"Are you saying they can avert justice?!" She nods. "But if you testify__"

"But if i testify, he will wipe out my entire family before giving me a slow painful death" she whispers.

I sigh, picking up my bag realizing she is not going to co operate, i look at her shaking my head as she bows her head, she looks scared. I quietly left her house as i stopped the recording on my phone, thinking about the conversation, whether its useful or useless. There is more to the Banerio's after all.

************************************
I walked into my house feeling tired and hungry. Its been an hectic day, this is harder than i thought. I turned into an investigative journalist over night. I removed my black platform shoes as i walk through the dark hallway.

I stopped as i heard voices from the living room, two voices and it seems they were in a quarrel. I tiptoed towards the living room but stopped at the entrance. What the fuck?! What is he doing here? He never informed us on his visit. I continue to stare at my absentee father as he and my mum continue in their bickering, i turned to avoid the familiar scene but what he said made me stop.

"And am telling you Amara, pull out of that case!" He snarled, his handsome face having creases in different places, he looks worried.

"No! I won't!" My mum snapped back.

"Why?" He pinched the bridge of his nose, the only thing i took after.

"That poor girl is our daughter's best friend, she is like a daughter to me.. Will you ask me to leave the case if this happened to Rosalia?" he glared at her.

"Don't even dare use that on me.. Nothing of such will happen to my own daughter!" He sighs looking tired " Amara... It seems you don't know who you are dealing with, Lucio Banerio is a wicked fellow__"

"I don't care... He got nothing on me, but... I can't say the same about you, he set you up to this right? " she crossed her arm as i watch them, he rub the stubble on his chin as he turns nervous "he did right?... David what did you do?" My mum asked in concern.  His face turns hard.

"It none of your business! And you are dropping that case!"

"No she won't" I said stepping out of the shadow, as they turn to look at me with wide eyes.

"Rosalia? You are back?" My mum asked nervously, i ignored her as i stare at his sky blue eyes.

"Hello father" I smirked as he tried to smile but failed miserably.

"Rosie?" I frowned, i hate that nickname, if it was the four year old me i would have beamed but when i start realizing what was going on, i detest the nickname "where are you coming from?" He asked confused, sounding worried.

"Where else? From my work of course" I shrugged.

"Work ?" He asked more confused, he has always wanted me to take after him, running the family business but i don't just want it. We always have a fight about me not wanting to go to a business school.

"Of course.... Oh.. " I smirked "Now i remember, you were not here so you missed the important moments of my life, was it my first day in high school, my birthday's, let's not forget graduation" I taunted.

"Rosalia!" My mum snapped at me to shut up but am tired of keeping quiet.

"No mother! Am tired of all these... It as been three months since we last saw him, yet he came back to threaten you to drop a case that doesn't concern him!"

"Stop saying nonsense Rosalia!" He grits.

"Am not! I don't care if you see no sense in my nonsense but if this is what you are going to do anytime you are here, i think you should go back to whatever hole you use to crawl out from and continue fucking every damn useless disgusting bitch!" I screamed at him as my mum holds me back.

"Watch your tongue young lady! Am your father!" He snarled angrily.

"Indeed.... But you a worthless father!" I screamed as my mum gasped, a sound echoed round the big living room, as i hold my throbbing cheek, tears spilled out of my eyes i turn to stare at the face of the man I know as my father. I hear my mum sobbing as i realized he hit me, something he as never done before. His hardened eyes turns remorseful as he saw my tears filled eyes.

"Rosie.. " he tried to touch me but i avoided his hands like plague.

"Don't! Please.. " I turn around running out of the big house, ignoring the call of my name from the both of them. I run to my car, going to the one place i know as family.

************************************

I groaned crying out as jolts of pain runs through my body, i try sitting up but invisible hands holds me down on my legs and hands. I look around frantically as i was covered in sweat, i noticed i was in a white dress, my white dress, my torn bloody white dress.

I look up to see a shadow coming out of the darkness, light suddenly shines on it, i froze as i saw the familiar 'dream catcher' tattoo on his arm. No no...  Not again. I continue to gasp until the light moves to his face, i sob once i see the smirk on his face, he was gonna do it again.

"Well well well... Guess you are ready for me princess" I shake my head adamantly, he pouts as i snap my eyes close, praying to God to wake me from the horrible nightmare.

My eyes snaps open as i feel a man's weight on me, it was heavy and uncomfortable. I started freaking out as i inhaled the disturbing scent of cigarettes and his cologne. I cried out as i felt his touch on me begging him to stop.

He smirks evilly, his brown eyes turning dark with lust. I cried hysterically, trashing around when i felt him on my lower area. I screamed out as he entered me again.

"Leah!!" I continued screaming as everything went dark. "Leah!!" I gasped hearing the feminine voice, i opened my eyes abruptly, shaking and sweating profusely. "Rosalia?"

"Are you alright? I heard you screaming and when i got in you were trashing around, mum and the twins are so worried but I told them i will check up on you"

"What are you doing here? I thought you went home" I muttered.

"Doesn't matter, is it that nightmare again?" She asked, sounding concerned as she avoids my question.

"Yes, it is... Different setting but the same actions" I sighed clutching my comforter.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked cautiously but i shake my head in denial. I look up at her as the moonlight from outside shinning through my window reflects on her face, i gasped spotting the large bruise on her cheek.

"What happened?" I go to touch her face as she winced, she looks skeptical "don't lie to me Rosa, i know when you are lying" she sighs.

"He came home, we had a big fight" I nodded, realizing who she meant by he.

"But he shouldn't laid his hands on you, it's abuse!" I complained angrily.

"I know... But i said some bad things to him, i called him a worthless father" she groaned, holding her head in her hand.

"You should not call him that Rosalia... No matter what he did, he is still your father... Do you know how many people who will die just to have their father by their side?" I said closing my eyes in thought remembering my dad, how i missed.

"You are right, am gonna apologize to him, i know he his beating himself up right now for hitting me... He may be many things but he is not a woman beater nor a abuser"

I gave a small smile at her words but my eyes snaps open recalling what she said.

"Rosalia" I whispered.

"Ummm? " she turns to look at me.

"Ca-can you call Hunter for me?, on your phone?" She stared at me in confusion and in anger, crossing her arms.

"Why?"

"I need his help, the court thinks he was the one who beat me up, but you know he didn't... There are maids in his penthouse, the can testify... I don't want to ruin his image"

"You do know that the dude as moved on right? That idiot left you when you needed him the most! And you are still thinking about his image..." I sigh knowing she was going to react like this.

"I know but, he is innocent in all this, he never drugged me neither did he beat me" she sighs bringing out her IPhone, she rolled her eyes as i gave her a smile.

"You are too nice" she mumbles as i turn giddy, wanting to hear his deep smoothing voice. "No no... I will do the talking, cause i don't trust you on phone with him" I groaned.

She dialed his number refusing to put it on loud speaker, she said he may start saying bullshit. The number rang four times before he picked it. She puts it on her ear.

"Hello... " Rosalia mutters unenthusiastically as i clutch the comforter in anticipation.

"Its Rosalia" she rolls her eyes, then her features turns hard. "Hey! Listen up you asshole, don't talk to me like that! Am not one of your maids! Your girlfriend needs your help and all you can do is__ excuse me.. " her mouth turns agape as i turned worried.

"What did he say? " I bit my lip nervously, she holds up her hand, a signal for me to keep quiet.

"You must be stupid! In fact you must be a bloody fool to call my friend that, who do think you are?, bastardo!" She cursed him out as i try to caution her but it fell on deaf ears. "She never cheated on you, you are the prostituta who doesn't know what he wants!, in case you don't know that is prostitute in my native tongue you tonto! (Fool in Spanish).

I groan as tears flooded my vision. I knew he must have said something horrible for Rosalia to flare up like this.

"No you listen to me __hello, hello" she checks her phone screen to see that he has ended the call. She looks confused as i sob, she puts down her phone going ahead to hug me as i cried out. I felt drops of her own tears as i sniffed. She assures me everything is gonna be alright.

"I want everything to be back to normal... I just want my innocence back Rosalia... Maybe he will love me again."  I wailed.

Hello my lovelies
Am thinking of posting the playlists for this book.... Not for all chapters but some.

What do you think of Rosalia's father? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 914 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
75 10 6
In a world where nothing is certain, there is no room for emotions. Every soul slowly surrenders, to something, or someone known as the devil. Every...
95.8K 5.9K 29
"THE AFTERLIFE CAN BE A REAL BITCH, RIGHT?" "Henri-" I began, but Henri's hand snatched up mine and squeezed tightly enough to break bones. I bit m...
2.8K 324 14
He rushes behind a car as I'm shooting at him as he's shooting while running away. "Imma Kill You Manny!" I growl at him angrily as I keep firing sho...