Stolen moments

By amourpierce

Betrayed by a friend,life made a living hell by an ex-lover,follow Leah as she fights for her life,love and h... More

Introduction....
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 19(A)
Chapter 19(B)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Not an update
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Note an update but very important
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28(B)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Playlist
Chapter 55
Part B
Chapter 1(B)
Chapter 2(B)
Chapter 3(B)
Chapter 4(B)
Chapter 5(B)
Chapter 6(B)
Chapter 7(B)
Chapter 8(B)
Chapter 9(B)
Chapter 10(B)
Chapter 11 (B)
Chapter 12(B)
Chapter 13(B)
Chapter 14(B)
Chapter 15(B)
Chapter 16(B)
Chapter 17(B)
Important note:
Chapter 18(B)
Chapter 19(B)
Chapter 20(B)
Chapter 21(B)
Chapter 22(B)
Chapter 23(B)
Chapter 24(B)
Chapter 25(B)
Chapter 26(B)
Chapter 27(B)
Chapter 28(B)
Chapter 29(B)
Chapter 30(B)
Chapter 31(B)
Chapter 32(B)
Chapter 33(B)
Chapter 34(B)
Chapter 35(B)
Chapter 36(B)
Chapter 37(B)
Chapter 38(B)
Chapter 39(B)
Chapter 40(B)
Chapter 41 (B)
Chapter 42(B)
Chapter 43(B)
Chapter 44(B)
Chapter 45(B)
Important Notice

Chapter 53

94 14 0
By amourpierce

The atmosphere was packed and tensed, you can sense the frigidity between the two parties, mild dirty looks and silent glares was thrown around. Everybody waits silently but with low discussions here and there in the courtroom as they wait patiently for the judge.

Leah sits feeling uncomfortably, she sighs for the sixth time. She feels sick and she knows she looks horrible. She as a running nose and a mild headache that she wish would just go away. Her cheeks looks shallow and sunken, due to her not eating well and she was sure she as dark sacks under her eyes, adverse effect of not sleeping well.

Beside her, sat her mother and on the other side sat Mrs McCartney. Her brothers and Rosalia sat silently behind her, no one exchanged a word because they know she won't say anything and all she needs right now is there silent support.

She shifts uncomfortably again as she can feel numerous eyes on her, some filled with pity while others are judging her. The one that got her scared the most was "his", even with the distance and without looking at him, she knows he was staring at her, she could feel his burning stare. What does he want now? She asks herself.

She lets out a sigh of relief as the judge came in starting the session.

****
The court was quiet as Amara McCartney did what she knows best, fighting for rights and justice.

"I put it to you your honour that Mr Banerio was guilty of the battering and sexual assault of Miss Leah Martinez on the 15th of July, and i hope this able court will give the necessary judgment and i will like to call my client to say more on what happened, Thank you"

She passed the necessary documents to the clerk who passed it to the judge, as she walks confidently to her seat in her tailored suit and scarpin shoes. She reassured Leah and her mother everything will be fine as the judge goes through the papers.

"You can proceed by calling up your client" the judge said after going through it.

The clerk called up Leah. She stood up gingerly as she felt a lots of stares on her, she started sweating all of a sudden, even with the fully air conditioned courtroom, she was hyperventilating, she walked as if she was been taken to the slaughter house, she was not ready to do this, but here she was. She got into the witness box not looking at anyone, she was given the bible to swear on nothing but the truth. She kept her eyes to the ground after this as she heard clicks of heels.

"Leah... " she looks up at the gentle voice. Amara gave her a gentle smile as if telling her everything is alright. "How are you?"

"Am okay?" She croaks out, as her voice rang out through the room. She winced inwardly, no! She is not okay, that beast his right there staring at her, she wanted to scream but kept quiet.

"I know this is hard for you but i need you to tell the court what happened on Saturday the 15th of July"

"I was with him" she said monotonously, she refused to voice out his name.

"What happened?" She pressed on.

"We were talking, he said he wants to cook for us, he offered me a drink, i don't know what happened from there... I was in his room, he hit me, he hit me continuously then, then,then he" she paused as if she went into shock, she said everything like she was been controlled. She stares at the wooden floor in front of her.

"It's okay Leah.. No one is going to hurt you here, just relax and tell us what happened, you will be fine"

Leah inhaled deeply as she nods, starting over again, on how she was drugged, physically and sexually assaulted, and on how she escaped from him.
"And that was how i found myself in the hospital" she sniffs as she wipes the tears on her cheeks with the sleeve of her cardigan.

The court was silent, even Amara was surprised she said this much... She did not give her the vivid details. The people there stared at her with pity as her brothers watched and seethes in fury. Her mum weeps silently, Rosalia quickly wipes the tears that escaped her eyes.

"That is all for now your honour" she said moving back to her seat.

"The defendant may step forward" the clerk pronounced.

A averagely tall, lanky man stood up as he buttoned up his suit. He walked up to the jury introducing himself as the defendant of the accused. Amara watched him warily. He walks up to the witness box as Leah stares at him with caution because Amara has warned her about the cunning lawyer.

"Leah Martinez right?" She nods stiffly "can you again tell this honorable court about what you said my client did to you?"

"Have told this honorable court all i wish to say" she jibes back as Amara smirks. 'Smart girl' she mentally commends her knowing that he was trying to look for loopholes.

"Okay then.. " he said as he puts his left hand in his pocket, twirling a pen on his other hand. "What was your relationship with my client?"
He asked her as she stares at him, what as her relationship with him got to do with what is going on?!

"He was my best friend.. " she squeaks out.

"Was your best friend? So... It means you guys are really close am i right?" He questioned, as her eyes finally went to one area she was avoiding, she saw the likes of Jared and Nicholio who were giving her rapt attention. She skipped and ignored the one face who was silently praying and begging for her attention.

"Yes, we were close" she turns to stare at the blue eyed man in front of her.

"Did you by any time enter into a relationship with him?" He asks as he walks up and down, his eyes scrutinizing.

"No... Never" he nods.

"And did he by anytime ask you out or tell you he will like to 'court' you?" Amara dropped the paper she was reading on the desk in front of her as she narrows her eyes on the snake in front of her. Leah went quiet for some time as the people awaited her reply.

"Yes... Yes he did" there was murmur in the court as the judge ordered silence.

"Ummm... So what was your reply?"

"I told him i wasn't interested"

"Are you_"

"Objection your Honor! I don't see what these questions as to do with the issue" Amara quickly fired back on her feet.

"Objection sustained, please defendant... Go straight to the point."

"Thank you your Honor.. " Amara gave him a mild glare before taking her seat. "Miss Martinez... I will like you to tell this court where you were on that evening before Mr Antonio came to pick you"

"I was with my boyfriend"

"Where is your boyfriend?"

"He is not here.. " she rushed out.

"Why?"

"We had a fight"

"What caused the fight?"

"It personal!" She snaps at him as he nods,unaffected by her tantrum.

"You called Mr Banerio to come pick you on that day" she nods "and why if i may ask?" She stays mute. "You called him simply because you trust him as your best friend, you had a problem with your boyfriend yet you left with your best friend who is a guy?, it's like you don't see it, are we even sure there is nothing going on between the two of you!"

She gasped at his words, what is he insinuating. 

"Objection my lord! I will not have my colleague accuse my client!"

"Sustained... " he nods. 

"Miss Martinez... If i could get your story, you said you were drugged, beaten then raped" she nods. "Reports shows that the drugs found in your system were hard drugs, what do you have to say about that?"

"Hard drugs? I don't know what you are talking about... All i know is that he gave me a drink! I woke up on his bed naked!,he attacked and raped me when i tried to leave.!"

"Exactly! ,when you woke up, why didn't he take advantage of you while you were asleep, this is what happened Miss Leah, consent sex, you had consensual sex__"

"Objection your honor!" Amara fires back.

"Over ruled... Proceed" the judge gestures to him to continue. She huffs taking her seat. Leah could feel her empty stomach churning.

"Thank you your honor... You see, if you look at this matter closely there was an agreement and yet a misunderstanding... Miss Leah ingested a bit of diamorphine and a mixture of other substances, this can cause mild hallucination, dizziness. You think he raped you but he didn't, you were feeling emotional because of the fight with your boyfriend, you ingested the thing probably from him and when you had a fight, you ran to my client for emotional support which he willingly gave you, you had con__"

"Am not hallucinating! Don't you get what am saying?! I never took diamorphine in my life, that is heroin!. He drugged me and threatened me!, he beat me and raped me! can't you see?!" She screams at the disgusting man, showing him the bandage on her hairline covering the wound.

"You may have gotten it from somewhere, probably your absentee boyfriend, remember one of the after effects, hallucination" he said cryptically as she looks at him in shock, how she wished Hunter was here to defend himself "that will be all for now your honour"

She broke down......

****

I retch out again, throwing up even with an empty stomach. I gasp out at the painful feeling and the throbbing headache. I winced anytime i remember the court session, that adds to the collection of my nightmares.

"Ssshh... It is alright" Max consoled me as he helps me hold back my hair. I felt spent and useless. I am blamed for someone else's wrong doing, now am now pinned as a druggie while Hunter is seen as a bad influence. Everything is just falling apart.

I rinse my mouth and washed my face, as Max waits for me patiently at the exit of our bathroom. I followed him silently as we sat down in the living room, I winced at the throbbing headache.

"Here you go" Rosalia gave me two pills of pain relievers and a glass of water.

"Thank you" I muttered as i swallowed the pills, downing the water. I placed the cup on the table as i close my eyes, resting my head on Max legs since he sat down beside me.

My mind went back to the court session this morning, was it really my fault or was i hallucinating? I shouldn't have gone to court. I heard what people were saying, the were pointing fingers.

Mrs McCartney was able to save me from more conspiracies as she interrogated and grilled him. He said i wanted it, I? Wanted it? My stomach churns again but i keep it down. I told him No!.

She said we still have a good stand, as the court hearing was adjourn till next week Thursday for  us to get more evidence, as if his DNA was not enough, i sensed foul play. I feel really scared, it's like we are losing already. I open my eyes to feel a hand touching my forehead, i traced the hand to the face to meet green eyes staring down at me in concern.

"You are burning up... Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?" Matt asks as i shiver.

"I will be fine"

"Then eat something, please... " Max pleads

"But am not hungry" I whined. Max let's out a frustrated sigh as he ran a hand through his hair. Rosalia returns from the kitchen wiping her hands.

"Am telling the truth, he really__"

"Sssshh, we know and we all believe you, if others don't we do, okay?"

I nodded closing my eyes. I sigh in relief knowing my family had my back.

Hey guys.. Am sorry if the court scene was some how. I have not witnessed a court session in a real
life situation , i only see them on tv. Please bear with me.

Please guys... I need your votes and comments... Please vote for my story. Thank u😘😘

A pic of Alejandro is up there to wet your appetite 😁😏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3K 21
This story happens 2 year's after Renesmee's birth, therefore she appears to be a 12 year old. The battle with the Volturi may be over, but will a ne...
95.9K 5.9K 29
"THE AFTERLIFE CAN BE A REAL BITCH, RIGHT?" "Henri-" I began, but Henri's hand snatched up mine and squeezed tightly enough to break bones. I bit m...
346 41 8
*FREE STORY* *WEEKLY UPDATES* "In the end, we all just want someone that chooses us... over everyone else, under any circumstances." *** Leah is s...
230 0 16
"Dream life" is a sequel to the book "Who knew?" if you hadn't read it... here's the link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/159238247-who-knew Leah had...