You Should Have Chosen me

By seemah870

Tati Fiori was forced to be married at a young age to solve her family business problems. Logan Henderson tho... More

You Should Have Chose me
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 31

30K 704 43
By seemah870

Tati P.O.V

Some times, I felt so alone in my loft. Even though I had Athena, I just missed human contact. Of course Tony would come over, but not all the time.. Only when I had a meeting to go to or an event. Other wise, he'd drop by once a week cause he was busy getting stuff done for me. The girls were at work and of course couldn't come over after cause they would be totally tired. But we did talk on the phone every other day. Those were the moments I waited for. 

I had not mastered to skill of going out on my own because I was still insecure in that sense. I would just go up to the roof which I had over hauled into a garden. It was a massive deck like space with beautiful shrubs and flowers every where. It was  cosy and I loved going up there to read books and just laze around.

This time, since I was determined to get over my fear, I threw over a sweater and put on large shades. I decided not to take the body guards with me. I slipped through the back door and decided to walk to the local book store which was a block away. I took Athena with me of course. Extra protection from my very own bear wouldn't hurt. It was a while since i took her out for a walk anyway.

The weather was perfect. It was just cold enough and sunny enough making it look like a happy day. Athena was on the lookout for squirrels and cats while I just soaked up the sunlight which was just warming me up nicely. I avoided eye contact with anyone that passed me. Not that there would be any eye contact cause my shades were on, but still I looked anywhere but their face.

I tied Athena's leash to the bicycle stand which was in front of the store since animals weren't allowed in. Since I was young, I had always loved books. When I was overweight, I hated going shopping for clothes so when my mother went out, I just told her I'd go to the book shop. Which was exactly what I did. There was just something about the book shop that made me feel like I was at home. The smell of new books made me happy. It still did.

I picked up some gardening books and my favorite novels by Nora Roberts and Dan Brown. At the counter, a young girl started scanning the books and when she looked at me, her face was stunned.

"Oh, my gosh... You're Tatiana Fiori. Oh god, you're my idol. Could I please take a picture with you?" she asked.

"Really? I'm your idol? That's a first. Sure, why not. Just promise me you won't tweet that picture until 30 minutes after I leave." I said.

"I promise. I know what you've been through and I'm sure the vultures will flock over here if they knew where you were." she pulled out her iPhone and she snapped one of the both of us.

"It was really nice meeting you. My name is Katie by the way. Hope you come back soon." she smiled.

"Nice meeting you Katie. Yes, I'll be back. I live pretty close by. See ya soon." I walked out. 

My little bear was giving me the puppy dog face as if saying You left me here all alone. How could you. :(((

"Let's stop by the coffee shop to see if a cute barista boy can give me some coffee and a muffin for you." I patted her head and took off. Few doors away, true enough there was a cute barista boy who gave me a free coffee and a blueberry muffin. Athena and I were walking back home peacefully until my cell phone started to ring. It was from Tony. Oh crap.

"Where the fuck are you? Tristan is going crazy over here. He's screwing the guards over!!" he screamed. In the background, I could hear Tristan yelling at them.

"I just went out for a walk. I'm just around the corner." I hung up. Of all days people came to see me, they choose today. Just my damn luck. I was preparing myself for a long lecture by the sex god himself. My angle of handling this situation was by acting calm and collected as if I did nothing wrong. Truthfully, every time a car passed by me on the street, I thought it would stop and I'd get dragged into it.

The elevator door opened at my floor which was the highest one and from the corridor, I could hear him shouting. "I pay you to keep an eye on her. Not to laze about in your rooms. you have to be stationed at her doorstep here. You need to be following her around."

I unlocked the door and stepped in. Immediately he stopped and looked at me. Athena started to bark. She didn't know who he was obviously. She bared her fangs and I actually felt scared. Usually, she was just a lump of fur that ran around the house with my heels in her mouth.

"Shhh down girl." she went quiet and stopped barking but she was still alert as ever. Watching Tristan's every move.

"Where have you been Tatiana?" his voice boomed. Oh, that voice. I missed it so much. The last time I heard it was when it was all husky and-- Ok sorry my mind drifted.

"I just went to the book store and coffee shop. I didn't tell them because it's their day off today. Get off their asses. It's alright you guys. Go back to whatever you're doing. See you tomorrow." I smiled and waved them off.

I walked into the kitchen area and set my books on the counter. Athena was right by my side. That was until she saw Anthony sitting there. She got so excited when she saw him.

"What do you mean it's their day off? They are your bodyguards. The only time they get days off is when we fire them." he trailed me into the kitchen.

"Well, hello there Tristan, nice to see you too." I said sarcastically. His face softened when I said that.

"Tati, what you did was wrong you know. We were worried you were gonna get followed by the paparazzi. I saw the picture of you and a girl on twitter. That tweet got 5000 RT's. We were almost certain the paps would follow you here. What if they did? We can't lose you again" Tony said seriously.

I just shook my head "Well I'm going up to my room. You guys know how to leave." I was just tired of being held back. They just expected me to stay at home doing nothing. I was 25 years old and yes, I was kidnapped. But it was time I need to be braver even though I was shit scared of trying to be the old me again.

Flipping on the tv, I headed into the shower and decided to wash away the stress. I heard the front door slam shut which probably indicated that Tristan left already. I put on my bathrobe and went into my closet and changed into some tights and a baggy shirt. In my room, I found Tristan lounging on my bed watching tv.

"You look awfully cozy, I'm guessing Tony left." I sat on the vanity chair because sitting too close to him would definitely cause trouble." I said, combing my hair.

"Yea he did. He told me to remind you about the charity yoga event you have for VS tomorrow morning. And your dog has not stopped staring at me. Why did you get a dog anyway?" he asked.

It was true. Athena was just looking at him. She looked like a statue. "That's because she hates you. She's waiting for my order so she can attack you. I got one cause I was lonely and I missed Zeus."

"You could have come over and visited him you know. He's been miserable too. Tell her to stop it. It's really freaking me out." He got up and leaned his back against the headboard.

"Come here baby doll. He's a good man. I didn't come over cause I was worried which naked lady would be running around your place." I said and called Athena to me.

"So, I'm sorry I freaked out earlier. It was only a natural thing to do. I care a lot about you. There is no other woman Tati." he said awkwardly. I smiled at that. That's good, he cares about me.

"So why did you come here in the first place?" I asked.

"Well... I was bored?" he said grinning.

"Oh my god, you cow!! You came over hoping to make out with me didn't you?!" I threw the brush I was holding at him and he deflected it by using a pillow.

"Can't blame a guy for thinking about a beautiful girl can you?" he winked.

"You cow!! Get out! I have things to do." I jokingly told him. Heck, the truth was I wish we could make out. But there was no way in hell I was going to make it easy for him. A girl has to make the guy crawl to her. It's only fair then.

I ran out of my room and he followed me to the kitchen. He pinned me against the counter.

" Just one kiss, come on... I came all the way here." he pouted.

Deciding to just make it one kiss, I leaned into him and kissed him making sure he would crave for more when he was gone. I wanted the kiss to leave an impression on him till he couldn't stop thinking about it while he was at work and till he couldn't sleep.

I  nipped his lip, ran my fingers through his hair, made sure they roamed across his broad strong chest, and just as he was about to go under my shirt, I pulled back and smiled. "Time's up buddy." and just in time, my cell rang again.

"See you around Tristan!" I sang.

"Tatiiii that isn't fair!! Anyway, be careful. Bye." he hugged me and left. I went to my phone and saw that it was Tony. After saying sorry to him and everything, he explained tomorrow's event. Apparently, people pledged donation by buying tickets to come to do yoga with me and Candice. There was a huge donation coming from someone important. All the proceedings would go to the breast cancer research fund.

"Bring your A game on cause the important sponsor wants to meet you tomorrow. They won't tell me who it is so I guess just be ready for anything."

Immediately I called up the guards and told them I needed to go into the city to see my kickboxing instructor. I hadn't seen him since I got kidnapped and it was way over due that I saw him now.

~~

"Tati darling. How are you." he hugged me.

"I've been good. If it weren't for the moves you thought me, I'd be in a coma right now. They couldn't lay a finger on me." I bragged. 

"That's my girl. Now I'm guessing you  have something important tomorrow and you need to just work out lightly?" he grinned.

"You know me too well." he started me off with light exercises and before I knew it, class was over. It felt so good because I had not worked out in forever. 

That night, I took out whatever outfit necessary and went to bed like a baby.

~~~~

"WAKE UPPPP. You have to be there in an hour!!" Tony yelled.

"Remind me to change the locks. You're such a pest." I whined.

"You know you love me boo. Now get up. There is a slight change in plan. After the yoga session, you'll need to change into something nicer for the luncheon they will be having. That's where you'll be meeting with the sponsor." he yanked my duvet away from me making me whine even more.

"Yes mom.. Now go make me some coffee." I ordered him.

"Speaking about moms. Yours has been calling me every day asking me t set up and appointment to meet up with you." he said quietly.

"I don't want to hear you speak about those people anymore. If they even care about me, they would have come here. My stupid football playing brother didn't even bother coming to the hospital to see me. None of them care." I yelled and walked into the toilet. I washed up and made sure that I used my lavender soap cause it calmed me down the most. I put on my VS Sport attire which was a sports bra and hot pink yoga pants. I threw on my VS Pink loose shirt and track pants cause there was no way I was leaving the house in my yoga attired.

I stood in front of the closet thinking of what to wear for after the event. I decided on a simple black halter dress and black Charlotte Olympia heels. It was a charity event and I didn't want to overdress. Putting everything into my hand luggage, I made a mental list to make sure i took everything. Then, I realized I hadn't put my chain that had Tristan's ring. Making sure the clasp was hooked on, we left.

The building the event was held at was a really modern one. It took place on the rooftop which had a pool as well. Everyone was already there and Candice and I were briefed on what to do. We were allowed to mingle with the fans and talk to them and do a couple on interviews.

"Welcome everyone to the VS fundraiser for the breast cancer institute. Our aim this year is to raise more than a million dollars." Candice explained.

"We are so glad you took the time off to come here today because this is a really good cause. Every dollar you donate, VS will match that dollar also. Thank you again for purchasing the tickets which ranged from $1000 to $10000. Let's have some fun!" I said and the crowd cheered.

PInk mats were placed everywhere. Candice and I were right up front with the yoga instructor. It was an hour and a half long and after it was over, I felt so relaxed. We were allowed to mingle with everyone and talk to the fans as well as take pictures with them.

Then we were ushered to the rooms to take a shower and get ready for the luncheon. Tony was waiting in the hair and make up area, 

"So you girls will be seated in the VIP area of course and I'm sure they have briefed on what to do. So go get your hair done over there." he told us and continued to tap away on his laptop.

I decided on my natural look with a red lip and my hair was in waves. Candice did her usual sexy look where her eyes were accented with a smoky eye and a nude lip.

"So who do you think the VIP is?" I asked her.

"I'm not sure really. All I know is that the reason he donated a million dollars was because the person's mother had breast cancer a few years back." she said in her South African accent.

"That's really sad but at least they are helping out." I said. We were then escorted to the fancy restaurant.

The place was already buzzing with all the socialites and the big guns from every industry were there. Candice and I did the little carpet where we posed for pictures. I ignored the screams of the photographers who were asking me questions about the kidnapping. Candice squeezed my hip willing me to be strong and not to take out my 5-inch heels and throw it at them.

"Tati, good job. You just need to do an interview the breast cancer officials and carry on to the table." Tony said. I did exactly that and made my way in. A waiter was carrying a tray which had flutes of champagne. Making sure no one was paying attention, I took a flute and downed it and took another one smiling at the boy. One of the ushers showed me my table and thank god it was with people from the VS crew who I knew well.

"So where is this mysterious VIP you won't tell my assistant and me about?" I asked. They all plastered grins on their faces.

"What? What's so funny that you're all smiling? This guy sounds like a douche bag. Why can't I know his name beforehand anyway? It's not like I'd pull out from the event." I said.

"The douche bag is Tristan Michael Kane Jr." a voice boomed behind me. Of course, it was him.

"Are you serious?" I looked at him with an eyebrow raised then looked at everyone else. They were all laughing.

"Yes, dead serious. I knew you would weasel your way out of it if you knew it was me. If you didn't know, I was always contributing to this event. Even before you became an angel." he smiled and sat down next to me.

Before I could ask him any other question, the emcee started the program. He was sitting so close to me I could feel the heat radiate off him and his cologne was just making my mouth water.His navy suit and black tie was just amazing. It defined his broad shoulders and it had a perfect fit making it enhance his body even more. I was pretty sure all the women in the room were thinking of ways to get him out of this suit. Not that I was or anything. Cause I wasn't. Nope.

After the talk, the food was brought out in courses. Everyone on the table talked to each other and thankfully nobody brought up the fact that we were married or if we are dating. After the last course which was dessert, A live instrumental band started playing music and some people were slow dancing. Which was pretty cute because it was old couples dancing to their favorite songs.

"Umm hi, Tatiana. Is it alright if I have this dance with you?" a man who was fairly older than me asked. Just as I was about to say yes, Tristan answered. "Sorry old chum, she's dancing with me."

Well ok, I guess I was. When he walked away, Tristan got up and held out his hand for me to take. I did, and he led us to the floor.

"I could have said no myself you know." I said to him. He placed his arms around my waist and I circled my arms around his neck.

"Oh please, you're too nice. You never say no to anyone. Besides, I could tell that he was an old pervy man who wanted to say he touched an angel's ass." he snickered.

"Whoa there. Enough of the trash talk. And I so wasn't going to agree with him on the dance." he pulled back and raised his eyebrow. If it's one thing I liked about Tristan, he could tell when I was feeling uncomfortable about something.

"Sorry, but I tend to get a little possessive over the woman I really like." He pulled me closer to him. Since I was in heels, I was slightly above his chest. I was tall without heels and with 5 inches extra, I was roughly about 6'2''. He was super tall.

"So you really like me?" I teased.

'What's the point if I told you anyway? You won't believe me." he said quietly.

I deflected that statement and asked him the question that was on my mind the whole night. "Why didn't you tell me that your mother had breast cancer?" 

"I just thought that you wouldn't care. I thought you would have forgotten her and not remembered her." he said.

"How can you say that? Your mother always made me cookies and cakes. Hell, she probably loved me more than my own mother ever did." I said frustratedly.

"I always thought you were those spoilt kids who forgot about everyone and cared only about themselves. Then when you became a model I just thought you left behind all those memories."

"Are you kidding me. That's the most judgemental thing to say. You knew my childhood was filled with bullies. Just cause I became a model didn't mean i forgot everything.You know what, there's no point trying to tell you anything. You're just like everyone else. I worked hard to get where I am today." I looked away from his face.

"Tatiana, of course I know you're not like that. Once I got to know you, I knew you were such a humble girl. Don't be mad at me." he stroked my hair and kissed my neck softly.

"If you say so. Just send me your mother's number. I want to meet her." I stopped dancing with him and headed to the table to grab my clutch. I bid everyone goodbye and left with Tony.

"Don't over think anything Tati." Tony said breaking the silence.

I just shook my head. I was kind of hurt by what he said about me. But I guess everyone judges everyone right? He apologized which was a good thing, but it would take me a day or two to swallow what he said and realise that it was a mistake. I sent texts to Kia and Stacey asking them to come over for a girl's night in and they agreed to. It was time to get drunk and eat ice-cream with the girls.

Yes, it was another good night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359K 11.4K 25
"Dear Diary Now there is nothing but uncertainty around my future. I got married, to Ethan Carter.The merger that let us to this pinnacle came at a c...
3.7K 66 16
Quinn Parker moves from coast to coast to pursue her dream of becoming a photographer. Will she find love along the way? Will tragedy strike and the...
44.8K 1.9K 41
"Ladies and Gentlemen, thanks for coming to the party we have collected a good amount for the charity. I also would like to say that this party is no...
3.7K 124 53
How enemies end up getting married??? 17-year-old Sammayra Scott aka Sam popular, beautiful and independent girl in the school and the best dancer, e...