MI LUNA

By rookiearchive

❝ There's nothing wrong with happy endings~! ❞ ˚⁀➷ ONESHOTS centering the most shipped TBHK pairi... More

STARGAZING
HANAKO-CHAN
GONE
FIRST DATE
ZERO
KEY
CHERRY LIPS
JEALOUSY
TOILETTE
ROOFTOP
RAINY DAY
HOME
TAKE CARE
FAKE ROMANCE
TEXT MESSAGES
MESSAGE FAILED TO SEND
STAR-CROSSED
THE LITTLE MERMAID
SWEET TOOTH
CLINGY
BEST FRIENDS
TOILET BONDING

INVISIBLE HANAKO

1.1K 43 5
By rookiearchive

A/N: heavily inspired by the invisible child moomin episode. there are some yugi twin interactions, but theyre in no way romantic. used to be entirely lowercase, excuse any lowercases where they shouldn't be.

- - - - -

Hanako has never been visible to normal people, it was one of the things that came along with being a supernatural. It didn't bother him of course, because his best friends could see him- well, that is until now.

A new rumour had surfaced one thursday afternoon, something that was sort of normal for the trio. The bathroom ghost didn't worry because the majority of the rumours were tiny little bothers compared to the mischief his twin brother was causing. Which was something he needed to take care of as the seventh wonder and leader of the school's supernaturals.

But the boy didnt expect that the rumour would affect him this much. It all started on friday morning, the students chatter could be heard in the halls, loudly. Some were discussing the rumour.

"Did you hear? apparently, if something happens that makes you deeply upset you will disappear." The group paraphrased and laughed, making fun of the spirit's power.

Hanako sighed and continued walking- more like floating- around the halls. Yashiro wasn't there to entertain him, so he had to find something interesting to distract himself with until she came.

His eyes widened when hearing a familiar high pitched voice behind him, it was getting near. The voice was similar to his, so it could only belong to tsukasa. The younger was humming a tune innocently and gasped happily when seeing his brother alone.

"Amane, Amane, lets play!!" He jumped up and down like an excited child, well, he was a child after all.

Hanako couldn't stop shaking, it was like he was frozen in place while everything else moved on. Seeing his twin was the last thing he'd want, even if it sounded selfish.

"Ts-Tsukasa, stop."
"I dont want to. Come on, let's play Amane, like we used to."

His vibe switched to a sadistic one, as if he was ready to hurt him in the middle of the hallway.

Before he could get dragged into the empty classroom he managed to escape tsukasa's grip. He ran to his bathroom, panting, hiding in the third stall. His cold heart was beating faster than normal, he didn't know if it was from running all the way here or knowing tsukasa would look for him.

The bathroom's door opened, he curled into a ball. crying quietly to himself, wanting for the other spirit to go away so he could sob alone in his stall.

Tsukasa taunted him by knocking on the door, and loudly asking "Amane, are you there?" dragging the vowels which would've made him look childish in a way, but in this situation it was terrifying.

He guessed tsukasa just wanted to scare the living death out of him when confirming he was going out of the room. He winced when hearing the door closing loudly. Hanako sighed, still shaking from crying so much. He gulped, but the knot, twisted, on his throat remained.

The boy didn't notice his hand beginning to fade in an abnormal way for a ghost.

- - - - -

After the weekend he realised he had a problem, and also realized it was a big deal. More than he wanted it to be. His body- the one that was usually ghostly and cold- had seemingly disappeared, leaving him as his floating clothes and seal.

He didn't want the boy and nene seeing him like that, they already knew about the rumours and would question him about it... Even worse, they could go away and think of him as a coward for running away instead of fighting him. It wasn't his fault he encountered Tsukasa, not his fault.

"It's not my fault." He said, or at least tried to. But nothing came out.

It was monday, Nene would see him like this when the bell rang. Should he hide? Maybe even just run away to Tsuchigomori and stay there all day, reading books. It would be simpler, easier. He shook his head, no, he couldn't. He had to tell her about this, no matter how big his fear was for something else to go wrong.

The loud bell rang, he tapped his foot and prepared himself mentally. The girl's shoes lightly tapped on the floor, sounding like a music beat. She opened the door "Hanako-kun- Huh?" Yashiro looked around, no one seemd to be there.

The stall opened, floating clothes walked out of it. Nene screamed and the ghost covered his ears. Her yelling was very loud, he didn't know why- of all things here in the room, like the small puddle of water next to his hat, or the paper and crayons that were laying around- this is what she would scream and be worried/scared about.

A few seconds later she recognized those clothes, her eyes widened "Hanako-kun? What happened, why are you like this?" Her worried yet soothing voice was heard by the invisible boy. He picked up the crayon and paper and began to write something. His writing was childlike and messy, but she could still understand.

'I got attacked by a supernatural :( I'm invisible now and can't talk.'

"Is that so? how can I turn you back?" She asked, he wrote below the first sentence.

' According to Tsuchigomori and the rest of the rumour the only way I can turn back is by you listening to me. '

Hanako couldn't talk, so he didn't know what nene was going to listen to. But she smiled sweetly anyways "Okay, I promise you i'll help you turn back." She exclaimed determinedly.

The girl couldn't see it, but the translucent hanako smiled.

- - - - -

Some days had passed and he has slowly been turning normal again, his hands were visible along with his legs.

But yashiro still wanted to know why hanako was dragged into this in the first place. By who? And what had happened? She spoke worriedly at lunch next to Kou and he nodded.

"If he's comfortable with it maybe you could ask him about it." She gulped her food down after chewing. "Maybe i'll ask him today. I hope i don't make him uncomfortable, that's the last thing i want to make him feel." Kou smiled at his friend.

"Good luck then! I can't go because i have a da- hangout with Mitsuba-kun."
She giggled when seeing him blush at his slip-up.

After eating she went to the bathroom. She opened the door like she always did, smiling brightly "Hanako-kun! how are you?" The boy started scribbling faster on the paper, forming a scentence with all the messy letters.

'I'm okay, thank you for asking :D I'm starting to become visible again little by little! '

"That's great! I'm sure you will be back to normal in a few days." They both continued talking, although it was different from what they were used to. They had to live with it for a while. Not being able to hear his voice was upsetting, but she would never admit it, not in a million years.

"I've been meaning to ask, what happened?" Hanako looked down, hesitating to start writing. Yashiro noticed "It's okay if you don't want to tell me! don't push yourself too hard."

He started writing, drawing lines over the words, not knowing how to explain what happened. Hanako took two minutes to recollect his thoughts and put it into sentences that actually made sense.

' It was Tsukasa. he followed me here and scared me a lot. '

Even though it seemed like some simple, vague words it meant a lot to him. This was one of the first times he told Yashiro something was wrong. Nene was happy in a way, glad that her friend trusted her enough to tell her about his problems.

"I'm sorry i wasn't there sooner. If he hurts you or tries to again, i'll help you!" She hugged the boy and swore she heard him sobbing lightly.

- - - - -

Hanako got better, and it was thanks to her. He missed being able to see himself in the mirror as self-centric as that sounded. He missed being able to talk without paper and crayon, and was very happy when getting the ability back.

The ghost thanked the radish for the 15th time and hugged her.

"Thank you again, Yash-"
"It really wasn't a problem Hanako-kun, you should stop thanking me." She actually appreciated his thank you's, but she felt like if he hugged her one more time she would explode.

He laughed at her pinkish face. Hanako found it cute, and was glad everything got back to normal without it being awkward.

- - - - -

1470 words, edited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 1.1K 10
[Hananene] Come along for the ride with Hanako and Yashiro as they fall more and more in love! There with be lots of fluff, plenty of intimate moment...
44.5K 567 19
•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧• A full one shot of Toilet bound Hanako-Kun!!! Any request is granted !!!! •♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎• " H...
5.6K 130 18
Nene Yashiro and Amane Yugi hate each other. They are completely different. In different worlds entirely, they are two people who could never see eye...
18.2K 1.5K 33
❝ Can I just stay here forever with you? ❞ ↳ HANASHIRO AU; even against multiple adversities, Nene Yashiro still dreams of being a great writer like...