After I fell

Par dy_bie

"Pl.. pleaae...please.. Don't leave" I could feel the light suddenly go dark. He was going to leave me here... Plus

chapter 1 < My life sucks.
chapter 2< I drive my own life.
chapter3< The arrival
chapter 4< Meeting the mysterious.
chapter 5 < Introduction sucks
chapter 6 < A new enemy.
chapter 7< Rocky past.
chapter 8 < Arousing danger.
chapter 9> leap of faith.
chapter 10 > Breakthrough.
ANNOUNCEMENT
chapter 11> Bridges fall too.
chapter 12> Inescapable disaster.
MEETING THE CHARACTERS.
chapter 13> Ignorià
chapter 14> what if i told you i love you.
chapter 15> Baby steps always.
chapter 16> Earthquakes and volcanoes.
chapter 17> Untamed venom.
chapter 18> Digging out.
chapter 19> Pandora's box.
chapter 20> Feelings are a passage.
chapter 21> unlocking.
chapter 22> uprooted venoms.
chapter 23> A break from reality.
chapter 24> Rebuilding bridges.
chapter 25 > Rise and fall.
chapter 26> Volcanic activity.
chapter 27> cheesy triumphs.
chapter 28> Ew.....disgusting!!.
chapter 29> Let's reunite.
chapter 30> Secret past, unclear future.
chapter 32> Grace and gratefulness.
chapter 33> Falling.
chapter 34> Deciding moments.
chapter 35 < Bad Fate!
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!
chapter 36> The end is near.
chapter 37> What's hope?
chapter 38> A step closer to the end.
chapter 39> An unending break.
chapter 40 < Falling but not crashing.
chapter 41< Little setbacks.
chapter 42 > Sour love.
chapter 43 > Alas!

chapter 31> Little Mistakes.

37 5 1
Par dy_bie

       It's okay to give up sometimes and it's okay to admit that after a long time of having everything under control you just don't anymore. It's not weakness. It's bravery to be able to admit that after a long time of holding on to your strength, you can't anymore.

Lia's POV.

     What's that feeling when you've gotten all you've ever wanted but then it seems like you're going to lose it soon? It's like there's a storm coming and i can't help but keep wondering all day long.

It's been two weeks since sanè proposed and it's like he's been distant. He hardly ever pays attention to anything i say and he always seems to forget little things. He's always up in space or somesort and i can't help but think maybe this marriage thing was us moving too fast and just maybe this whole thing with keith and marriage is all overwhelming.

"Sanè!"
I yelled for the fourth time trying to his attention even if he was directly besides me.

"Uhm-- Yeah"
He replied reluctantly.

"I have to go back home"
I said almost immediately and it seemed he didn't even hear a word i said.

"Sanè are you even listening to me?"
I was already getting really infuriated. If he didn't want to be around me he could have just said so.

"Lia. To be honest i don't know what you really want from me"
He threw his arms in the air and staggered as he tried to stand up in a fit of what seemed like forced rage.

"Wow--"

"Lia I'm sorry but I'm going through somethings at the moment"
He put his fingers over his eye lids and muttered stuff under his breath.

"I'm going back to LA right this moment!"
I yelled and stormed off.

       He was really making things hard for us. It's like this trip drove us further apart rather than bring us closer. Everytime i had made plans for both of us to have a good time he always came up with the excuse of an headache and i always had to cancel. Not to talk of his secret work meetings and errands. I knew he would never cheat so that wasn't what was on my mind but after that conversation we just had I'm not taking anything out of consideration.

"Lia can we talk please?"
I hurriedly threw my clothes into my luggage when he came into the room.

"Talk about what uhn?"
I asked in between my rush packing.

"Can you at least stop and listen to me"
He stood in way and i wasn't going to budge. Nothing could make me stay here any longer.

"Annelia!!"
He yelled and i stopped in disbelief. He had never yelled my name like that before. Never ever!

"S--saa-sanè"
I stuttered shakily.

"We would leave if you want us to okay but the flight isn't ready till tomorrow morning."
He said through his teeth as he grabbed his forehead like he was having another headache episode.

"Sanè--"

"So you can take your time to pack"
He cut me off and walked outof the room carefully like he was trying so hard not to fall.

   He just yelled at me and after almost ten years of knowing him i had never been so scared of him before. Hell! I've never been scared of him. Something was wrong. Sanè wasn't telling me something. Maybe this had something to do with keith and typical sanè and trying to protect me at all cost. Yeah that has to be the only explanation for all this.

     I was going to go and talk to sanè and maybe just maybe he would tell he anything he was hiding and if this had anything to do with keith i really hoped he would share it with me. Before i could enter the guest room where he had been sleeping for the past two days, i heard a sound like someone had fallen down and i rushed in.

"Sanè! Hey! Are you okay?"
I ran to him and gave him little taps on the cheeks in an attempt to wake him up before it immediately clicked that he was having a seizure. Scared and confused as to what to do i ran out and dailed the emergency hotline.

"Uhm-- uhm-- My fiance is having a seizure!"
I stuttered over the phone.

"Please calm down ma'am. I will need your address please"
The operator picked the phone and i was so scared that i couldn't even focus on what she was saying.

"Please you've have to come immediately! I'm really scared please!!"
I shouted over the phone.

"There's an ambulance on the way ma'am but first i need your address"
She asked calmly.

"Uhm--yes-- it's 1120 carlinus island estate"
I replied immediately.

"Alright ma'am are you close to your fiance"
She asked.

"No i left the room to call you immediately!"
I was beginning to get infuriated and restless.

"Can you stay on the phone and be close to the patient at the same time"
She asked and without thinking i ran into the room and realized sanè was still in the same state and he was beginning to deteriorate.

"H--hh--hhee doesn't seem to be breathing"
I stuttered carefully with terror and fear.

"Ma'am is he lying down?"
She asked.

"Yes he is"
I replied full of so much terror. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if he dies.

"Okay here's what you're going to do. Make him lie on his side and make sure his mouth is pointing to the ground and please don't try to forcefully hold him onto the ground "
She said over phone and i immediately followed her orders.

   After almost 30 dreadful seconds, sanè was beginning to breathe back but he was still in that same condition.

"He's breathing back. Please hurry!!"
I yelled.

"The ambulance is a minute away from you. Please kindly use a watch to calculate when the seizure started the med team will need it as soon as they arrive."
She said and immediately there was a knock on the door.

"Paramedics!! Please open up"
I heard from the hallway and i ran to let them in.

"He's been like that for almost five minutes"
I told them and immediately they got to work and in less than 2 minutes they already have him the ambulance and we were already on our way to the nearest ER.

"You did a great job ma'am. He'll be fine"
One of the paramedics said and i couldnt help but shudder at the thought of losing sanè.

     After almost two hours of intense waiting. The nurse finally let me go into the ICU although he hadn't gained consciousness yet but seeing him in this condition just sadden my heart.

  "Sanè what's wrong? Please you have to wake up"
I asked an unconscious sanè. I've been scared like this once before but now i really felt like i was so close to losing him and it was all my fault.

"Miss Annelia i presume? "
A man in white lab coat entered into the ICU.

"Yeah sorry why is he in the ICU? Isn't he stable yet?"
I asked hurriedly.

"I'm Dr. Phillip castillo. I'm the doctor in charge of Mr Aguerò. He's in the ICU because we have to monitor him"
He replied and i wondered why an ICU was the best place to monitor him.

"Look doctor I'm not a child. ICU isn't just for monitoring seizure patients unless you already know what the problem is"
I asked and the doctor seemed like he was hiding something from me.

"Well miss Annelia-"

"Lia--"
I heard sanè faintly call for me and i immediately hugged him.

"Hey I'm here. You really scared me"
I burst into tears as i held his hands tight.

"Doctor I'm fine there's no need for monitoring"
Sane barely said and the doctor gave a huge sigh before walking out.

"Dr. Phillip"
I called out to him before he could leave.

"What's wrong with sane ?"
I asked in fear of what he might say.

"Uhm-- nothing this happens as a result of intense migraines sometimes"
He replied after almost a minute of thinking and looking over at sanè through the transparent glass.

"Doctor you really scared me for a minute"
I heaved a sigh of relief.

"I have prescribed some drugs and treatments for him"
He replied.

"Uhm-- I'm just asking but when do you think he would be discharged. He seems fine already?"
I asked while looking at a smiling sanè through the glass.

"Let's just observe a little. For all we know he might be pretending"
The doctor replied before walking away and i couldn't help but wonder what he meant by that.

      I entered the ICU back thinking about what the doctor said and why exactly sanè would be pretending about being okay. I mean he was smiling already and moving fine. He didn't even look like someone that just had a seizure.

"You might get a bed beside me at this rate"
He joked.

"Well it's a party then, isn't it?"
I replied trying to go along with his joke.

" Look, uhm-- Lia I'm sorry for yelling at you."
He bowed his head down in regret and i could help but feel like Every thing was partly my fault.

"No sanè. I didn't even know your migraines had gotten worse and i kept pestering you"
I replied feeling very guilty.

"My life would be boring without you being a pest once in a while"
He joked around.

"I wonder how this lame jokes come to you at serious moments"
I asked in disbelive.

"Okay here's my secret. Mrs. Aguerò, it's my metapowers"
He joked with a serious look on his face.

"Mrs. Aguerò uhn?"
I asked playfully.

"Uhm-No?"
He asked confused with what i was saying.

"Well-"
I teased him.

"Oh wow! I think i feel another seizure coming!"
He yelled dramatically while holding the left side of his chest.

"Omg! Sanè"
I laughed loudly.

"Sanè you know you can tell me anything right"
I say out of nowhere.

"I love you lia and that's all you need to know"
He replied and planted a kiss on my forehead.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.8M 65.1K 47
"You have already ruined my life, what else do you want?", I barked at him. "Ten minutes", he muttered. "What?", I asked as I was unable to hear him...
ERROR Par khxlix_03

Roman pour Adolescents

1.3M 31.2K 50
Angel Rodriguez is the daughter of a very powerfull man named Robert Rodriguez. She has everything any girl ever wanted. But she also has a secret n...
61.4K 1.2K 32
Sweet, sheltered, innocent Mia Bianchi lives her life according to her fathers rules, still at 19 she does as he says, not knowing life beyond her 15...
47.3K 2.7K 46
Sep, 26, 2021 : #67 in romance Sep, 26, 2021 : #15 in drama Sep, 12, 2021 : #2 in loving April, 29, 2023 : #1 in mystery-thriller NOT EVERYTHING IS H...