After I fell

By dy_bie

"Pl.. pleaae...please.. Don't leave" I could feel the light suddenly go dark. He was going to leave me here... More

chapter 1 < My life sucks.
chapter 2< I drive my own life.
chapter3< The arrival
chapter 4< Meeting the mysterious.
chapter 5 < Introduction sucks
chapter 6 < A new enemy.
chapter 7< Rocky past.
chapter 8 < Arousing danger.
chapter 9> leap of faith.
chapter 10 > Breakthrough.
ANNOUNCEMENT
chapter 11> Bridges fall too.
chapter 12> Inescapable disaster.
MEETING THE CHARACTERS.
chapter 13> Ignorià
chapter 14> what if i told you i love you.
chapter 15> Baby steps always.
chapter 16> Earthquakes and volcanoes.
chapter 17> Untamed venom.
chapter 18> Digging out.
chapter 19> Pandora's box.
chapter 20> Feelings are a passage.
chapter 21> unlocking.
chapter 22> uprooted venoms.
chapter 23> A break from reality.
chapter 24> Rebuilding bridges.
chapter 25 > Rise and fall.
chapter 26> Volcanic activity.
chapter 27> cheesy triumphs.
chapter 28> Ew.....disgusting!!.
chapter 30> Secret past, unclear future.
chapter 31> Little Mistakes.
chapter 32> Grace and gratefulness.
chapter 33> Falling.
chapter 34> Deciding moments.
chapter 35 < Bad Fate!
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!
chapter 36> The end is near.
chapter 37> What's hope?
chapter 38> A step closer to the end.
chapter 39> An unending break.
chapter 40 < Falling but not crashing.
chapter 41< Little setbacks.
chapter 42 > Sour love.
chapter 43 > Alas!

chapter 29> Let's reunite.

34 6 2
By dy_bie

Sometimes being on the edge can bring out the worst in us. We tend to make wrong moves, make wrong decisions and even worst judgements. At the end we end up nursing the consequences of our tight time. What's important is that despite the mistakes we embrace it and sour higher.

Lia's POV.

As every second passed i could feel my heart skip a beat. I prayed for death selfishly but the angel of terror ignored me over and over. The closer i got to the event hall the more desparate i became. The what ifs clouded my mind like a storm. What would happen if sanè couldn't come? What if i was asking of to much from him? I'm really giving it my all not be so scared but being a coward is the only option my heart and brain keeps picking.

" we are here ma'am"
I gasped as the driver suddenly said.

"Yeah-- can i get a minute please?"
I asked really scared of what will happen as i got out of this car.

"Ma'am i have been given strict orders to drop you off at the event hall"
He replied and got out to open the rear door for me almost immediately.

"Welcome Mrs. Powers!!!"
Keith's assistant, Liela yelled and cued the excorts to help me out of the car.

"Uhm-- liela is it time to go in already?"
I asked praying intensely that something had gone terribly wrong somewhere.

"Well not yet. You'll be directed to the waiting room where you'll meet Mr. Powers, then you both will walk out together on the MC's cue"
She replied.

"I thought it was supposed to have started already"
I asked wishing her answer will be what i want it to be.

"Well Mr. Powers biggest business rival hasn't arrived yet. He made a last minute request to be present at the party"
She answered me.

Keith was so different from who i dated for almost three years. He was more hate driven and all he cared about was showing off. This useless business rival and keith have been at it for almost five months now. He was all keith cared about. Impressing him and beating him was all keith was obsessed with. Oh! and also making my life a miserable hell.

"Let's go please"
Leila cued for me to move along.

As i walked towards the waiting room i could hear the voices of so many people. People i didn't care about and people who didn't even know me but they were all hear to witness Keith's win. It made me sick to think he coudln't even let my own mother be present at this event. Even if it was fake at least he should have showed her some respect. I caught a glimpse of kate and how glad she looked. If only i could tell her what a monster her sweet and loving brother had become.

"There you are baby!"
He yelled as he quickly gobbled some pills in his mouth.

"Let's get this over with as soon as possible keith"
I walked passed him ignoring his stretched out arms.

"Well i don't mean to rain on your parade but if you think sanè is coming to save you. I'll advice you to stop cause i didn't give him any invite. I can't risk him ruining things"
He said.

"Keith tell me something. Are you truly happy?"
I asked him as i glared into his eyes.

"Why yes!"
He yelled happily like he was high as fuck.

"No i mean beneath all of this. Are you really this exicted to tell the whole world you got out there that you are getting engaged to someone who feels nothing but hatred and pity for you?"
I asked as tears fell from my eyes.

"Answer me keith!!"
I yelled as my tears fell uncontrollably.

"Uhm-- Mr. Powers, Mr. Firmino is here"
Leila walked in and i immediately had to hide my running eyes from her.

"Okay tell the MC to start the programme"
He said and leila left immedaitely.

"Clean up your face mi Amor. I have to show everyone out there and even you that I'm not a loser!"
He said quietly yet so affrimative and scary.

"Keith you really don't have to do this. Please!"
I begged him frantically.

"We have forever Anne. Get used to it"
He said as he grabbed my hand in a bridal style.

"Tonight! We are here to celebrate with Mr and Mrs. Powers to be. Please welcome our most popular business empire couple!!!!"
The MC yelled and immedaitely the curtains flipped open and there was light and people everywhere.

For a spilt second my legs couldn't take another step. I watched everyone clap and smile so happily. The lights and decorations were so perfect. It was really and elite gathering. I just stood there in shock and i couldn't believe this was really happening to me.

"Anne move now!"
Keith yelled so close to my ear before i finally realized my reality.

"Uhm-- yeah"
I nibbled as i moved in sync with keith.

I tried to scour the crowd, maybe just maybe i would see sanè but he was no where to be found keith really didn't invite him. Instead my dad was here!

What the hell was keith thinking!!! Inviting my dad??!!!!

After the entire dignitaries and greetings keith made me do. I was finally free and i had the chance to confront my coward of a father.

"What do you think you're doing here?!"
I yelled at him.

"I'm happy to see you too Annelia. It's good you came to your senses and picked a man good enough for you"
He said and i couldn't contain my disgust.

"Wow what guts you have! I'm getting security to kick you out right now!"
I yelled until i realized i was beginning to get everyone's attention.

"Uhm-- Anne what's going on?"
Keith butted in.

"Why did you have to fucking invite him!"
I yelled as quietly as i could.

"Don't make a scene here Anne! Let's talk about this over there"
He grabbes my hand and sneakily dragged me to a corner of the hall.

" so you invited my dad and left my mom all alone in that penthouse with mel"
I couldn't believe he could do that.

"Look Anne he's the only one on my team and he has the least tendency to ruin this party"
He affirmed.

"Oh okay!!! Watch me as i ruin it myself!!"
I yelled and made my way to the MC to grab a mic before he grabbed me by the arm.

"Annelia!! Stop this madness immedaitely!"
Keith yelled in fear.

"No! This madness ends here!"
I yelled and everyone's eyes were already fixated on us.

"We're all good everyone. You don't worry"
Keith said as he shot an unrelaxed smile to the curious crowd.

"Anne I'll kick him out now and get your mom and mel here as soon as possible. So please stop this!"
He reassured me.

"You have thirty minutes keith!"
I said and i walked away from him as fast as i could.

The party felt so suffocating and we weren't even engaged yet. It was supposed to be the last event of the night right at midnight. I was really tired from greeting and smiling at people i have never met before and i was so irritated that Keith kept on lying to them and telling tales of trips and moments that never even happened.
I decided it was best to go to the terrace and feel the night wind on my face and maybe i get enough courage to flip myself over too.

"Lia here you are!"
Kate said as she came up behind me.

"Hey kate."
I said shyly.

"You look so perfect and when you stand beside keith you guys both look unstoppable"
I coudln't help but flinch at her statement.

"To be honest with you. You guys had me worried for a moment there. Something about one sanè"
She said and it dawned on me she knew about sanè but typical keith he must have told her fragments of the truth or plain lies.

"Kate-"
Her phone rang just when i was about to tell her the whole story.

"Sorry lia that's cole sprout. Ever since you left he's been a whole power drunk maniac. I have to attend to him"
She said and left.

I could have just told her the whole thing there and then but what would she do now that i think about it. She would probably want to save her family name and her brother's heart. Noone could save me apart from sanè and he wasn't even hear.

I kept humming and singing to myself as i swayed left and right on the terrace hoping i would slip and fall off. It was over an hour and no sight of my mom or mel. Keith had either lied to me or he just wanted to keep me from creating a scene. I had been fooled.

"Woah! if you fall from there how will you get married to me"
I heard what sounded like sanè.

"Sanè!"
I yelled as i jumped down from the terrace and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Hey fighter!"
He said as he hugged me and i could smell him again. He was here!

"What took you so long?"
I asked while hugging him and sobbing quietly.

"Hey hey."
He said as he pulled me and looked straight into my eyes and cleaned off my tears.

"Sorry it took so long. Keith powers isn't so easy to bring down"
He replied and held my face in his hands.

"Sanè you don't look too good"
I noticed his extremely dark circles and how his face had lost so much light. He was looking so tired.

"I just need to sleep in your arms lia"
He said.

"It was hell sanè. The past six months"
I cried.

"I'm sorry"
He apologized.

"I'm sure it was the same for you. Look at you!"
I said as i held his shoulders straight.

"God! I'm fine lia. You're here with me and that's all that matters"
He said and pulled me in for another hug.

"You look perfect Annelia Manuel-Antonio"
He said out of the blue.

"I don't think I've ever heard you call my full name sanè"
I said unsure of what i was saying.

"Let's get out of here now!"
I yelled.

"Yeah let's do that!"
He yelled back.

"Mr firmino, Mr powers is waiting for you"
Leila came out of nowhere and it hit me.

Sanè was Mr firmino, Keith's business rival. That's why he looked so drained. He had been doing all that work all by himself just to get an invite to this party.

"Uhm--"
Sanè stuttered.

"Uhm leila I'll bring Mr firmino with me to see keith"
I said and i received a nod from leila as she left.

"Let's go sanè. We have to stop at the penthouse to get mom and mel"
I said.

"Alright lia"
He said and we both ran as fast as we could.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

572 56 24
"You're a damn good fighter," He says in my ear. "We can use someone like you." I feel his breath in my hair. It tickles my ear. I thrust my elbow ba...
35K 665 38
Aurora Lopez had the intentions and goals of starting new, and having a normal life. She was met with difficulties along the way, and one of those di...
1.3M 28K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
14.8K 1.4K 45
📖Featured by @adultfiction on "Kills and Thrills" reading list📖 Previously known as "Undercover: Fake Identity" *** "What are you running away from...