After I fell

By dy_bie

"Pl.. pleaae...please.. Don't leave" I could feel the light suddenly go dark. He was going to leave me here... More

chapter 1 < My life sucks.
chapter 2< I drive my own life.
chapter3< The arrival
chapter 4< Meeting the mysterious.
chapter 5 < Introduction sucks
chapter 6 < A new enemy.
chapter 7< Rocky past.
chapter 8 < Arousing danger.
chapter 9> leap of faith.
chapter 10 > Breakthrough.
ANNOUNCEMENT
chapter 11> Bridges fall too.
chapter 12> Inescapable disaster.
MEETING THE CHARACTERS.
chapter 13> Ignorià
chapter 14> what if i told you i love you.
chapter 15> Baby steps always.
chapter 16> Earthquakes and volcanoes.
chapter 17> Untamed venom.
chapter 18> Digging out.
chapter 19> Pandora's box.
chapter 20> Feelings are a passage.
chapter 21> unlocking.
chapter 22> uprooted venoms.
chapter 23> A break from reality.
chapter 24> Rebuilding bridges.
chapter 25 > Rise and fall.
chapter 26> Volcanic activity.
chapter 27> cheesy triumphs.
chapter 29> Let's reunite.
chapter 30> Secret past, unclear future.
chapter 31> Little Mistakes.
chapter 32> Grace and gratefulness.
chapter 33> Falling.
chapter 34> Deciding moments.
chapter 35 < Bad Fate!
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!
chapter 36> The end is near.
chapter 37> What's hope?
chapter 38> A step closer to the end.
chapter 39> An unending break.
chapter 40 < Falling but not crashing.
chapter 41< Little setbacks.
chapter 42 > Sour love.
chapter 43 > Alas!

chapter 28> Ew.....disgusting!!.

37 6 1
By dy_bie

Mastering the trick to overcome our thoughts can be really hard sometimes. We let ourselves believe maybe just maybe it's an escape route to hide behind this thoughts but what really is the true salvation? Facing it head on? Or ignoring it like it doesn't affect a major part of our lives?

Lia's POV.

It never ends!!!!! The fake smiles! The fake laughter! Fake and dumb explanations!!! And now i had to fake being happy! NO GODDAMMN WAY!!! I can't even breathe it's like he's very existence sickens me and every moment of the day I'm thinking of a million ways to shove down a kitchen knife down his throat and end him.

"Look! ma'am this is perfect for your skin tone. I mean look how flawless it already looks on you without even putting it on yet. I promise this is the dress!"
Mrs. Butterscotch went on.

For the past six months, keith has been forcing me to put on an act in front of his family, friends, relatives and even the press!
It's like all he cares about is shoving his win in sanè's face. We've gone through various media houses telling dumb fairytales about a love life that he made up. Charity balls, donations, events and even trips around the world. My name and my fake life with keith was all over the streets. You could legit pick up a newspaper and know all about me. At least the fake things he made up.
He was crazy! Bat shit crazy! Like all those months of fake fantasies wasn't enough, he had the not so bright idea of having an engagement ceremony! He planned on inviting the whole world literally! People of great status, people from the business world and i knew without a doubt that he would invite sanè.

"Mrs. Butterscotch i don't mean to rain on your parade. I know your just doing your job but the ugliest dress in this shop would do. Thank you!"
It was already bad enough that i was getting forced into a sham wedding, now i was going to be forced to put on a dress!

"Mr. powers made me promise that regardless of your tantrums, i would pick out the best and most expensive dress here at Clienfield."
She replied dropping the dress for me to put on.

Urrgghh!!! This has to be the worst day of my life. I couldn't stop thinking about sanè as i looked at the dress. This could have been perfect if sanè was right beside me. I hadn't heard from him in six months or even seen him. The time i got to see him on the news was when he won his lawsuit against MAMMY'S ASSOCIATES law firm and i wasn't even able to see him well because keith the psycho turned off the tv.
He had kept me away from my mom, my best friend and my own life because he believed his own version of "my life" was the best.

"She put up a fight didn't she?"
I heard keith ask Mrs butterscotch.

"No sir! Your fianceè is so pretty and the dress will fit her nicely"
I heard her say and i couldn't be more disgusted.

"Wow! You're beautiful!"
Keith said as i stepped out of the curtains in that dumb dress.

"Can we go now?"
I asked uninterested in whatever fantasy he was brewing in his head.

"Look if you act right and promise not to ruin our night. I'll let you talk to mel and your mom. In fact I'll send an helicopter to pick them up right now."
He whispered in my ear as he held my hand tight.

"So it's your choice fianceè"
He said sarcastically.

But he was right though, i haven't heard from my mom or melanie in the past months and i was so alone. I couldn't pass out on an opportunity to see them even if it meant lying or pretending i was fine.

"Alright my love. I had better see them in the next hour or heads will fly babe."
I replied sarcastically.

"You do know what I'm capable of, don't you?"
I say as i shot him a dangerous glare.

"Things doesn't have to be this way all the time anne"
He moved closer to me and brushed my hair behind my ear and planted a kiss on my backbone.

"You lost the right to call me that the moment you took me away from the ones i love"
I shot him another disgusted but stern glare.

"Fine the next hour it is. I can't wait to see you tonight mi amor"
He sang as he walked out of the room.

This was a mistake. It's getting real and I'm so scared. I don't want to marry keith. I don't want to spend the rest of my life with someone like him. I thought i was brave but this engagement ceremony just made me so scared. What will i do if sanè can't save me or i can't even save myself.

I have been waiting in this annoying but amazing penthouse for almost two hours now and Keith promised that they will be here in the next hour.

I should have known better than to trust that lying, pretentious and crazy bastard! What will i do now?

"Annelia? Is that you?"
I heard a familiar voice from the entrance of the penthouse.

"Mom!"
I yelled in disbelieve and ran towards her.

"My darling! I coudln't believe keith could call us here to see you after all he did."
She hugged me tightly and quietly sobbed.

"Mom i had to strike a deal with him"
I replied.

" This is all my fault. If only i hadn't forced you into believing that Keith was a better replacement for sanè, you wouldn't be in this situation right now"
She said sounding so guilty.

"It's not your fault aunt. Keith is just a crazy possessive bastard!!"
Mel yelled as she walked in on our conversation.

"Melanie!!"
I yelled and pulled her in for a tight hug as i sobbed quietly.

"Girl! Look you shed any more tears and imma beat your ass"
She grabbed me by my shoulders and said snarkily.

"Look there's no need to feel broken or defeated. We are here for you and now that I'm here that bastard is not going to get his way. He's biggest mistake was bringing me here!"
Mel yelled with so much confidence that i felt so jealous of how strong she is.

"Mel,i made a deal with keith. We have to get engaged without any hastle or he's never going to let me see you guys again"
I replied sounding so defeated and weak.

"That son of a bitch!"
Mel yelled.

"My darling let's get some rest. Let me lay down beside you it's been so long"
My mom asked and i suddenly felt like a scared little child again.

"Mom, why is my life so useless?"
I said to her as we laid down close to each other.

"Annelia! Don't you dare make anyone make you feel less. You're stronger than you think you're. It takes alot of guts to give up everything for the one you love"
She replied as she pulled me in tighter.

"Do you regret it?"
She asked me.

"No mom. I'm just afraid that i might not be strong enough to face my choice"
I sobbed loudly this time.

"My dear, in our weakest we always tend to find our strength."
She said and we both laid down and slept for as long as i can remember.

The noise of the makeover's team arrival woke me up and i didn't know if i still wanted to do this. I looked at my mom that was already so fast asleep. She was right, in my weakest i was going to find my strength.

"Mrs. Powers, my name is lisa Montez. I'm head of your makeover team. I'll be in charge of getting you ready for tonight as per Mr powers request. "
A very annoying blonde went on and i wasn't even sure if she was here to dress me or show off her boobs.

The entire thing was out like it was an art showcase or something. Ew..... disgusting!!

"Just get on with it already and I'm not an extravagant person. The simplest of all things will be best for me."
I say affirmatively.

"I'm sorry but Mr powers already gave us strict instructions"
She replied in what seemed like an attempt to purposely annoy me.

"My body my choice blondie"
I meanly said as i tapped her shoulder.

"Well in this case. The payer gets to make all the decisions and i don't see you paying"
She replied and it took mel to stop me from slapping her across the face.

"Lia, let Barbie be. Do your work bimbo and get lost!"
Mel glared at her and she immedaitely left to get ready.

"Mel i wasn't going to say anything because i don't deserve to but I'm really sorry i let you grief for jace all alone"
I say as i moved closer to her to give her comfort.

"Lia that's one story for another day"
She replied.

"What do you mean by that mel?"
I asked.

"Just get ready for your fake big night. We have tomorrow ahead of us"
She replied.

Getting ready for the engagement was harder than i thought. It took hours to get my makeup done and then skin tanning and all sorts took another couple of hours before finally fitting in my dress. The dress was perfect. Mrs butterscotch was right but this wasn't who i wanted to look perfect for. He was out there and i couldn't reach him.

"Annelia Manuel-Antonio! Is that really you? Being elite really suits you"
Mel said.

"Thank you mel but-"

"I know sanè right? Okay i did manage to talk to him before our phones were taken away from us on the helicopter"
Mel said and i was full of joy finally i get to hear from him after so long.

"What'd he say mel?"
I asked anxiously.

"He said 'tell her to sit tight. She's mine and i plan to keep it that way' in his words"
Mel said and it was like i was fully recharged all over again.

"I don't know what he's planning but lia he's coming"
Mel said and i knew in my heart that she was right.

"Yes mel. I know he is"
I replied.

"Oh my God! Annelia you look perfect!"
My mom said.

"Mom why aren't you dressed?"
I asked and she went silent.

"Wait mel you aren't dressed either?"
I asked and they still maintained their silence.

"Keith said we can only be with you in the penthouse my dear"
My mom replied.

"What aunt meant to say was he is scared that i would ruin your engagement party and he sure as hell is right!"
Mel yelled.

"What! No way!"
I quickly grabbed a landline that could only call Keith's phone.

"Wow didn't think you would ever call me. I guess bringing your mom and mel back was a great idea"
He said as soon as he picked up.

"Why aren't you letting them come?"
I asked angrily.

"I'm already letting the love of your past life come. Let's not get a little selfish now mi Amor"
He said firmly.

"We both know that it is to brush up your ego!"
I yelled back.

"Yeah let's pretend for a second that's what it is but it's also for you anne. So you'll know how much i love you and what I'm willing to offer"
He said.

"And don't forget our deal and try not to act smart lia. I love you but I'll do anything and i mean anything to get you to behave."
He replied and ended the call.

"Mom I'm so sorry"
I said as i hugged her.

"Look go and try to enjoy your night. Sanè will be there and i know he will stop all this madness"
My mom said.

"She's right lia. We are all betting on sanè"
Mel said.

This was going to be a long night...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 42.7K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...
47.3K 2.7K 46
Sep, 26, 2021 : #67 in romance Sep, 26, 2021 : #15 in drama Sep, 12, 2021 : #2 in loving April, 29, 2023 : #1 in mystery-thriller NOT EVERYTHING IS H...
1.3M 28.5K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
73 7 15
After an untimely death of a buisness tycoon matt tucker Carina white an aspiring agent in the mystery department is assigned along with other agen...