The Queen's Game

By The_Queen_107

"This is a male dominated business Rowan! You won't make it one minute without my help." My father said aggra... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: "Watch me"
Chapter 2: Ego Battle
Chapter 3: The Northern Heir
Chapter 4: Frenemies
Chapter 5: Mason Reed
Chapter 6: The Heir Ball (Part 1)
Chapter 7: The Heir Ball (Part 2)
Chapter 8: Unknown
Chapter 9: "It's you in dog form"
Chapter 10: Introducing the five foot child
Chapter 11: Don't Question It
Chapter 12: Birthday Madness (Part 1)
Trailer!!!
Chapter 13: Birthday Madness (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Target Practice
(Character Cheat Sheet) Authors Note #1
Chapter 15: Sweets Overload
Chapter 16: Ambush
Chapter 17: Beware The Moody Rowan
Chapter 18: Birthday Surprises
Chapter 19: "Is this the part where you yell?"
Chapter 20: The Anniversary
Chapter 22: Bitch Boy
Chapter 23: Apologies
Chapter 24: The Group
Chapter 25: Ruby
Chapter 26: "Douchebag on a Motorcycle"
Chapter 27: Spooky Scary Skeletons
Chapter 28: The Girl With Blonde Hair
Chapter 29: Secrets and Lies
Chapter 30: The Silent Treatment
Chapter 31: Sweet Morning Texts of Murder
Chapter 32: "I'm About to Fight his Bitch"
Chapter 33: Bribery
Chapter 34: Old People
Chapter 35: Newlyweds
Chapter 36: Night Out
Chapter 37: Dance Battle of Death
Chapter 38: Starting Point
Chapter 39: Period Problems
Chapter 40: The Holiday Spirt
Chapter 41: Threats
Chapter 42: Washington
Chapter 43: Shotgun
Chapter 44: Embrace for Impact
Chapter 45: Cause for Concern
Chapter 46: Things Get Ugly
Chapter 47: In The Moment
Chapter 48: Headlines
Chapter 49: Bloodhounds

Chapter 21: The One Where He Fuck's Up, Big Time

145 10 1
By The_Queen_107

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

By the time we get to the club, it's nine o'clock and the main line is out the front door and into the parking lot. Making sure the cars are locked we head to the back to use the private entrance.

"Hey Paul, have the guy's gotten here yet?" He just nodes his head and opens the heavy side door for us.

Walking in the first thing I'm met with is the flashing colors of the lights, the smell of alcohol and sweat. Moving the black curtain to the side I can see that most of the boys are lounging around on the VIP sofas with drinks already in their hands.

"Ah, look who decided to join us, Miss flame princes. I am loving the outfit by the way, you dress up just for me?" I could tell that Linc was already drunk by the overly cocky expression on his face.

"You wish, you're just jealous that none of your fangirls could pull this outfit off." She sends him a hard smile and walks towards the main bar past the velvet rope but Linc calls after her before she crosses it, "Oh but they do, you underestimate the number of girls that will take their shirts off for me!"

Candy just raises her middle finger and yells back, "And I'll never be one of them."

The rest of us just laugh and split up as some find a spot next to the boys and others follow Candy to the bar.

After asking Scarlet to get me a vodka I walked back over to the couch and squeezed in between Luke and Lee. My back rests against Luke's side and my feet are on Lee's lap, he just moves his arm on top of my legs and continues to scroll through his phone.

"Why do you have to be such a dick every time you two are in the same room?" I knew Luke was going to comment on it sooner or later.

"I'll stop being a dick when you finally admit that you are in love with her. I swear the only person who doesn't know you're in love with her, is her." That shut everyone up real quick. Luke opened his mouth to respond but then shut it.

He glared at Linc and stood up to leave causing me to fall back and my head to fall into Cameron's lap.

"Hey there princess." I just looked up at him and pulled myself up to take Luke's empty spot. After a few more minutes Scarlet came back with my drink, which I gladly took and downed in one gulp.

"I'm going to need a lot more of these, and a few bourbons." I thought getting up and pulling Maya, Mira, and Candy with me to go dance and get drunk.

~~~

An hour later I was on about my tenth drink?

I'm not really sure, all I know is that I'm definitely drunk.

I was sitting at the bar with Maya, who I'm pretty sure hasn't had a single drink all night when Matty came up to sit next to us. He seemed to be a little drunk but definitely more sober than most of us.

Waving his hand up he got the attention of the bartender, "Hey Eddy can I get a jack daniels for me, a bourbon for Ro, and what do you want Sugar?"

Maya let out an annoyed huff, "Stop calling me Sugar. I'll just have a Shirley Temple." Eddy nodded and when to make the drinks.

Matty just stared at her for a second, "A Shirley temple, really. have you even had anything to drink tonight?"

At that Maya avoided eye contact with him and I spoke up, "Nope, not even a single sip." She glared at me but I just closed my eyes and took my bourbon from Eddy.

"Is this your first time going out drinking?" Matty was still looking at her when she let out a force scoff.

"Of course not." He just continues to look at her, I knew her didn't believe her, and to be honest neither did I.

"Oh really then, prove it. Hey Eddy can I get a shot of vodka?" Maya didn't say anything but I could tell she was nervous.

Eddy set the shot glass down in-between the both of them and Matty pushed the glass towards her, "Go ahead then Sugar, prove me wrong"

The two of them glared at each other like some sort of staring contest before Maya broke eye contact and picked up the glass.

She eyed it for a second and then brought it to her mouth and tipped it back. Only I don't think it went exactly like she hoped because about half of it made down her throat and the other half was spit out onto Matty's shirt.

She started coughing like crazy and Eddy brought over a water for her. When she was finally able to control the coughing she looked at Matty who had a look on his face that was half amused and half annoyed.

"What the hell was that? Battery acid!" Matty just chuckles and looks down at his black shirt that she had spit half the shot out on.

"that was a little unnecessary don't you think? I was right though Sugar you've never done this before, what prize do I win?" He rests his elbow on the bar and rested his chin on his fist.

"Ok, fine your right. I've never been out drinking before. My father is the king of overprotective dad's, it's not like I had many opportunities to go to a bar." She rested her head down on the bar and only looked up to glare at Matty who was laughing at her.

Taking the last sip from my glass I motioned for Eddy to get me another one. "Ok, I think I'll leave the two of you to your bickering." Taking the glass from Eddy I got up to leave and hear Matty say something to Maya as I left.

"How about we start you off with something a little less strong. Eddy can I get a rum and coke for Sugar over here."

Walking with my drink I head over to an area of the dance floor that was a little less crowded and had less chance of someone spilling my drink. I stood with a group of girls that were as drunk as I was and we swayed our hips to the music and drank.

After about half an hour I felt someone come up behind me and pulled me back against them. Even while very drunk I recognized who it was immediately by the smell of trees and rain.

Cameron

Turning around the first thing I see are his icy blue eyes. Bringing my arms up I wrap them around his neck and lean back a little swaying with the music.

"How much have you had to drink tonight princess?" His hands rested on my hips as he just watched me move with the music.

"I don't know, a lot." I looked up at him and nodded my head. The music changed to something a little slower and I reset my head against his chest.

"What are you doing here tonight princess?" His tone had changed but I was way too drunk to realize.

"I own the place and I wanted to get drunk, besides it's none of your business." My words were a little slowed and I stopped moving and just stood there and continued to lean against him.

"That's not what I meant. I know today is the anniversary of your mom and sister's death, so why are you out here drinking your weight in alcohol?" Looking up at him I didn't like the look in his eyes, it's one I've seen too many times in my life, sympathy.

"Not that it's any of your business, I grieved in my own way like I always do, I sat in front of her grave and talked to her, I cried, I bitched about my crappy father who hasn't answered a single one of my calls in a week. Then I confronted Luke who I knew was following me, had lunch, and then decided that getting blackout drunk was a great idea." I gave him a sarcastic smile and started to move to the music again.

He didn't say anything, he just continued to look at me with a look of sympathy.

"Don't look at me like that. I don't need or want your sympathy. It was ten years ago, I'm fine." I unwrapped my arms and tried to step back but his grip on my hips tightened, stopping me from leaving.

"So I'm gonna guess that your method of coping is denial?"

The look of sympathy was gone from his eyes and I wasn't sure whether that was a question or a statement. My mind being a little too hazy I just decided to answer, "Yep!"

Just then I saw Luke walking by with a full drink in his hand, I didn't care what was in at this point I just really needed another drink. When he was close enough I grabbed the cup out of his hand, spilling a little, I downed half of it and was glad to find that it was bourbon.

I took another big gulp and finished it before Luke even had a chance to react. I hand the cup back to him and he just stares at me for a moment and then walks back towards the bar.

Leaning into Cameron again with now more alcohol in my system the sensibility line that connects my brain to my mouth is blurred because honestly, I'm a little surprised I let what came next come out of my mouth.

"You have really pretty eyes" My arms are back around his neck and I'm looking at him and his pretty eyes.

He looked at me and then let out a chuckle. "You seem to be very forthcoming with your opinions when you're drunk."

I leaned back into his chest and listened to his heartbeat before answering, "I've been told by more than a few people that I'm an honest drunk." I giggled to myself and thought about the time I told Jack his then-girlfriend looked like an orange with a bad spray tan.

He didn't say anything else and we just spent the next few hours dancing and drinking some more.

By the time most of us started heading upstairs I was so drunk I couldn't walk without tripping over my own feat. At some point, I think Cameron just picked me up and carried me up to one of the rooms.

He set me down on the bed and helped me take my heels off and then he walked to the bathroom. There were a lot of rooms up here but there were more people so we had to double up and I was too tired and too drunk to care about sleep in the same bed as Cam.

I stripped off my dress which left me in my Black strapless bra and a pair of black panties. Sleeping in my underwear was better than in that dress. I ran my fingers through my hair a few times and then got under the blankets on the bed.

Cameron came back in a few minutes later and his hair was a little wet like he had splashed some water in it and only had on a pair of boxers. Noticing my dress on the floor he took his white tee-shirt and he threw it at me.

"Here put this on. I don't want you waking up in the morning only in your underwear thinking I took advantage of you." He put the rest of his stuff on the dresser and moved my dress and heels to the chair in the corner of the room.

I had put the shirt on and texted Asia what room I was in so she could drag my hungover ass to the airport tomorrow.

"Ugh, I am not looking forward to Asia dragging me to a plane tomorrow." I shoved a pillow over my face which is removed a second later by Cam, "Why? Where are you going?"

Now that is a question even drunk I know not to answer, "That's privileged information Cammy-boy"

He just laughs and shakes his head at me, "Night Princess, sweet dreams."

~~~

The next morning Asia has dragged me out of bed and I'm downstairs with everyone that's left who was either upstairs last night or crashed downstairs.

Out of nowhere a few minutes later the sound of running footsteps and yelling catches everyone's attention.

Eventually, Linc and Candy appear in front of everywhere and Linc is dressed while Candy has on the bralette for yesterday and a pair of boxers that it looks like she just threw on.

"It was a one-night thing Candy you were all over me and I thought we'd have a little fun, now you're just embarrassing yourself chasing me like a little lost puppy."

Everyone just looks at the two shocked. Luke looks like he's either going to cry or kill him.

My head already hurts from my hangover and now it hurts even more. Candy and Linc slept together.

Candy and Linc.

Oh my god.

"You are such a jackass, I don't understand what the hell any of your groupies' see In you, you manwhore!" Candy's eyes were watering and she scanned the onlookers around her.

"That's not what you were saying last night." He winked at her and that's when she ran back upstairs and Linc walked out the front door.

The girls and I look at each other and we all head up together to figure out what the hell happened. But I know that it probably won't be good.

~~~

POV: Mira Borack

It took me ten fucking minutes to get the guards at the front gate of Lincoln's house to let me in and that was only after I had called Justin who was already inside with the idiot.

They were both way too drunk to be making a decision like this and it was a mistake but of course, he had to publicly humiliate her in front of her friends and his.

Now for some ungodly reason, I feel responsible to make sure that the murderess Rowan that's not too far behind me doesn't kill him.

Swinging the door open I see Justin at the end of the main hallway with his phone in his hand, "Where the hell is this Dumbass?"

He takes a deep breath before taking me up a flight of stairs that leads up to where Linc's room is. We make it to the hallway when Justin's phone starts ringing, "She what? - Is anyone hurt? - Ok - No, we can deal with it."

"What happened?" Justin was rubbing his hands over his face and then his temple like he was trying to get rid of an oncoming headache.

"Rowan just rammed a car through the main gate. She didn't hurt anyone but they said that she shot the keypad at the front." He took a deep breath and we just looked at each other, and we were both thinking the same thing.

"All hell's about to break loose, isn't it?" he nodded and the both of us quickly made our way to Linc's door.

Right as I reached the door it opened and Linc stepped out, I stopped him by putting my hand on his shoulder and roughly shoving him back in the room. Justin comes in behind me and shuts the door when I look around I see that Cam, Alejandro, and Jacob are also in the room.

"What the hell are you doing, get off me." I could tell that he had been drinking more and at this point, I was ready to kill him myself.

Shoving him again I started to yell, "No." 

Shove

"Do you like living?"

 Shove

"Do you like being able to breathe?" 

Shove

"Do you enjoy being able to walk around being the manwhore that you are!" 

Shove

At this point, we were well into the center of the room and it was silent, I looked at him waiting for him to respond, he didn't.

"Well? Do you!?" He just continued to stare at me afraid to talk.

"... Yes?" I'm pretty sure he thought I was going to shoot him if he spoke anymore so I just continued.

"Well then sit your ass down and be quiet. Because I'm ninety-present sure that Rowan is walking around this house looking for your ass." He still didn't say anything and it was starting to piss me off.

"Would you like to be used as target practice for Ro? Because you know she's an excellent shot and if you want to be stupid like every other day of your sex addicted life I will push you out that door right now, is that what you want?"

He looked at me for a minute and then at everyone else in the room before turning back to me. "I think I'm going to go with the sit-down and shut up option." He took a seat on the chair that was closest to him and just looked at me.

"That's what I thought." I stared him down for another minute before the shouting in the hall started. I looked at Justin and we both knew who it was.

"I'll go see if I can calm her down, Make sure they stay here." I walked to the door and opened it slowly stepping into the hall.

I could see Rowan at the end of the hallway and like I had thought she had a gun in hand.

"Okay. Rowan, I want you to take a deep breath and chill the fuck out for a second. Killing Linc will not solve anything, it will only cause problems." The look in her eyes was not good.

"How can you stand there and protect this dick, you were there you saw and heard what he did." She had a point but they were both drunk and there was nothing that we could do about this now but Rowan's idea of shooting first and dealing with the consequences later just wasn't going to work this time.

"I'm not saying that what he did was right but they need to talk this out and deal with it on their own, Rowan. I know you always want to be able to help us and make sure that nothing ever happens to us, that's why you flipped out when Lee was missing and when Jake was shot. You care and I love that about you but this is something they have to deal with on their own."

Before she could answer the door to Linc's room opened and the idiot himself walked out.

"I know you probably want to kill me right now and I don't blame you, I know what I did was wrong. I shouldn't have embraced her or brought it up at all in front of everyone. I wasn't thinking." I could hear the remorse in his voice but it went in one ear and out the other with Rowan.

Before either of us knew what was happening a gunshot went off and Linc fell to the floor grabbing at his leg. "She shot me. She actually shot me!"

When I looked back at Rowan I was surprised to see that Asia was next to her with her hand gripping Ro's arm.

Now everyone was in the hallway, Jacob and Alejandro were looking at the graze wound on Linc's leg and Cameron was leaning against the wall looking over at Asia and Ro with a smirk, I'm pretty sure that he was the one to call her.

"Well, now that she's got that out of her system we have a plane to get on. Don't wait up losers well be gone for a while, try not to fuck everything up while we're gone." And just like that the both of them were gone and we were left with the whining Lincoln.

"Would one of you just shut him the hell up? He's giving me a headache." I rubbed my hand over my face.

"I got shot you ice queen, have some sympathy." He let out another scream when Alejandro put more pressure on his wound, Which I'm almost positive he did on purpose.

"I have no sympathy for people who can't follow simple instructions." With that, I walked over to him and used my foot to press into the wound and then when to get my car and go back home.

The last thing I heard walking down the hallway was, "You're a real bitch Ice queen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
646K 13.3K 67
"Ava, you have to be quiet! They'll hear you-" Tears started to spill from my eyes, blending in with the rain that dripped down my face. I shouldn't...
2.2M 53.8K 62
"Breathe." He dipped his head down so that his lips were right at my ear, his strong arm wrapped securely around my waist, molding my body into his...
5.5M 140K 107
I looked at her possessively before grabbing her by the nape of her neck and pulling her closer to me, our lips a breath away. "You are mine. Only mi...