Can't Woof It Out | Chase x S...

By Singularity_Writes

"I can't seem to woof it out... What is this feeling?" Skye asks herself. But she seems she couldn't put a pa... More

Notes From The Author
(S.1) Chapt.1 - Rescued
(S.1) Chapt.2 - Specialty
(S.1) Chapt.3 - The Hike
(S.1) Chapt.4 - The Paw Patrol
(S.1) Chapt.5 - Best Pup Friends Forever
(S.1) Chapt.6 - Inseparable
(S.1) Chapt.7 - The Days
(S.1) Chapt.8 - Pup Pup Boogie
(S.1) Chapt.9 - The Camping Trip
(S.1) Chapt.10 - Mixed Signals
(S.1) Chapt.11 - His Birthday Party
(S.1) Chapt.12 - The Slip
(S.1) Chapt.13 - Doubts
(S.1) Chapt.14 - Just Like Yesterday
(S.1) Chapt.15 - All's Fair
(S.1) Chapt.16 - He Never Disappears
(S.1) Chapt.17 - Quest For The Crown
(S.1) Chapt.18 - Skye's Suspicion
(S.1) Chapt.19 - Nothing Like A Girl Time
(S.1) Chapt.20 | First Part - A New Profession
(S.1) Chapt.20 | Middle Part - Spy Chase
(S.1) Chapt.20 | Last Part - Searching
》 S E A S O N . 2 《
(S.2) Chapt.21
(S.2) Chapt.22
(S.2) Chapt.23
(S.2) Chapt.24
(S.2) Chapt.26
(S.2) Chapt.27
(S.2) Chapt.28
(S.2) Chapt.29
(S.2) Chapt.30
(S.2) Chapt.31
(S.2) Chapt.32
(S.2) Chapt.33
(S.2) Chapt.34
(S.2) Chapt.35
(S.2) Chapt.36
(S.2) Chapt.37
(S.2) Chapt.38
(S.2) Chapt.39
(S.2) Chapt.40
Snippet

(S.2) Chapt.25

1.2K 35 54
By Singularity_Writes

          A pair of eyes were looking high above the skies. Stars were burning brightly tonight, and it was a very warm night. The mysterious night had cloaked day away under its dazzling cape. From afar, city lights cast their city lights and from a  good distance, they all look like busy fireflies working through the night. Chase was still up -- wide awake and gazed longingly at the stars. One name kept ringing in his head, and that was Solar. He looked intensely at it and tried to picture her, but all he could create in his head was something vague. Trying to imagine how she would look like. . . Somehow it ended up shifting into someone he had recently talked to.

«———❁✿❁———»

          "Yeah, you helped. . . Quite a lot" Skye remarks. Chase noticed how nostalgic her smile was, and it probably was the first sincere smiles he've seen [after the incident] "How'd. . . I help you?" He asks out of curiosity. It took quite a moment before she had properly answered this "Oh. You know. . . You helped me ease in the team and those stuff. The usual" silence once more enveloped her and that smile she just wore soon disappeared within a blink of an eye. But something about this seems incomplete "That's all?" He tilts his head, now facing her. Skye slowly nodded as a response, and Chase somehow felt she hesitated for a bit.

          Sighing, after the German Shepherd himself concluded that maybe she still remembers that awkward first meet they had. . . And she couldn't just shake the tension off. He had almost completely forgot all about that ever since they've started to have their 'one-on-one session'. "Alright then. I trust you" he smiles at her before he stares back into the wide space of the day sky. A short moment after that, their conversation kicked off from there. Unfortunately, Chase picked on up quickly and realized she wasn't exactly telling the whole story, she left a lot of small details and avoided that, and just maybe, if she hadn't left those unsaid, something will spark?

          Another sigh escaped his system "Marshall said she'll be a great help. But she leaves a lot of small details left unsaid! . ." He buries his face in-between his front paws "So who would. . ?" Then a little thought of regret trails behind him that he yells at him that he shouldn't have had an episode of anger bursting in the middle of their conversation. Maybe this would've started well if he kept his composure. "Maybe it's my fault. . ." His sad tone rang in his tight surrounding, and it felt like it just became much more louder than before, and in the midst of him declaring himself losing his sanity in this very night, the bush rustled violently, and paranoia's already planted in his mind. Getting scared of what's behind there, he also had a thought of what ever that thing is - would hurt the others. So that's another thing he's fearing of.

          Finally deciding to handle the matters to himself, he got up from his bed and left the comfort of his pup-house to check whatever is behind the bush. "H-hello. . ?" He calls out, almost too quiet, his voice immediately vanishing with the cold atmosphere the night has brought over Adventure Bay. No body replies to his call, and this just grew his paranoia even more because, what if he just imagined that whole "scary" thing in his mind? Maybe he just gone insane. But the feeling to seek for what lies behind it keeps tapping him, so he bursts through the bushes.

"Oh."

«———❁✿❁———»

          Bright and early in the morning, the pups were called through their pup-tags by Ryder and had informed them someone needs their help. With no hesitation, everyone sprinted upon their feet and fled inside the Look-Out tower. It took quite awhile before they've ascended for Chase's sake that he's still unfamiliar with everything. But with patience, everything went well in the end and ascended to the main area of the Look-Out to hear out what Ryder has to say. The glass elevator doors slide open and allowed all six pups to hop out of it before it descends back down again. Leaping into positions, Chase positions himself between Rocky and Rubble last, when usually he's the first one before anyone. "Ready for action Ryder, sir" Marshall initiates the meeting for Chase, knowing nobody hasn't discussed that thing to him yet, Ryder, grateful his pups came there quick, he did not waste any more time and tapped away in his pup-pad to discuss their plan on how to find the missing Chickaletta.

          "Okay pups. Mayor Goodway called in and said that she lost Chickaletta in the forest while they were out for their morning jog" he starts, then he looks down and swipes over his pup-pad to select which pups will be deployed "Chase, you'll use your sniffing ability to sniff Chickaletta's scent out. If necessary, you'll use your net in case Chickaletta is somewhere near a hole" the German Shepherd simply nods upon this. Once Ryder found Chase nods at this, he looks back down, and all the pups waited for who's next. The screen swiftly turned pink "Skye" he calls, which caught Skye's attention "You'll be needing your goggles and copte to search for Chickaletta. Basically you're our eyes on the sky" doing a quick back flip, she says her usual catchphrase "Alright, PAW Patrol's on the roll!" Ryder declares as he heads forth his fireman pole and slides down. Skye guided Chase that he'll be needing to go down that slide so he can access his vehicle easily. Luckily, operating his pup-packs and vehicles are out of the way and he's pretty much ready in action, thanks to Rocky and Ryder.

          Once it was Skye's turn, she pressed the button that made the engines roar, and soon enough, she was off the ground flying above everyone else. Her copter trailed above Ryder and Chase's vehicles and followed them to the forest with Ryder's lead. When a large patch of trees began to appear in the facade, everyone knew they were almost there. "Skye" The boy's voice resonated in Skye's pup-tag "You need to land. The forest seems to thick for you to navigate above the emergent layer" hearing this, she obeyed and slowly descended her copter and docked it beside Ryder's quadbike. Hopping off her copter, she found Ryder standing up and inspecting the front view of the large forest, then her eyes skimmed to the right and found Chase still in his seat "Chase? Are you gonna get down?" The German Shepherd seeming to snap out of his thoughts, replies "Oh. Uh. . . Yeah." He hops off and walked beside Ryder, Skye did too.

          "Chase, try searching for Mayor Goodway's scent, Skye, you can assist Chase by using your jet-packs" they both nod as Chase began to sniff the area. There weren't any footprints to embark with, so everyone's relying that the Mayor's left enough scent. As the German Shepherd does his thing, Skye watches him "So. . . Found anything?" She asks, but Chase continues to sniff. "Um. . . Chase?" She attempted to question again "Sh. . . I'm concentrating" he replies. The Cockapoo immediately knew that she should probably give him some space.

          Skye looked behind her and found Ryder talking to his pad and seems he just finished talking to whoever they were since he was clearly tucking it away "Skye, Chase. I'll be heading back to Town Hall with Marshall. You two continue searching for Mayor Goodway, call me when needed" he ran for his quad-bike as he explains, and before he rode off, he pressed a button that slides a sheet of strong plastic that protects his eyes from anything. "She went to the left and right too. I'll check the left, you take right" Skye nods at this and activates her jetpacks before she zooms to the right path. As she continues to go to her route, she found herself at a dead end - a huge boulder separating the path everyone takes from the path behind it. Sniffing the path on the other side to be sure, Mayor Goodway never stepped afoot there and seems to have turned back once she found a huge boulder there.

          Deciding to report this to Chase, her pup-tag lit up a bright pink hue "Chase, Mayor Goodway didn't go to the right one. She must be on your path" then she began to dash out of the route she took to catch up with Chase on the right track [if you know what I mean]. But then, realizing silence just filled in her report, she went to call Chase again to be sure. His silence were enough to make her worry for his safety "Chase, Chase?" Her pup-tag lit up again "Y. . .Yeah, sorry. I just, forgot how to operate the pup-tag" then the lights went off once more. Finally hearing his voice for a moment, she sighed of relief that he's fine and doesn't seem to be in any danger.

«———❁✿❁———»

          "There you are Chase" Skye sighed, oddly happy to see a familiar face. She landed on her paws as her jet pack folds itself back into her portable kit "Have you found Mayor Goodway?" She questions, as she looks down to see if there were any prints of her shoes anywhere, sadly there weren't any like the earlier paths they've seen. "No, not yet. But her strong is getting stronger by the moment." And like the world had jinxed them, they heard a loud cry for help somewhere. Eager to find where she was, all ears were highly attentive. Skye, almost loosing her sense to where the voice came from, just found Chase already running "W-wait up!" She yells, but seems it won't work since he seems to be eager in finding Mayor Goodway immediately. Calling for her jetpack's help, it unfolds itself within a few seconds, and before she knew it, she's dashing through the woods trying her best to catch up to the speedy Chase.

          As she professionally avoids any obstacles that could slow her down, Mayor Goodway's voice became louder, clearer and easily defined to where she is. They found her stuck in a ledge of a cliff, and luckily she's still standing with Chickaletta safely tucked in her purse "Hold on Mayor Goodway!" Skye looks around to what could be used, right now Chase's hook can't be used as it's left back at the entrance of the forest for the sake it is too narrow for it to enter, she also can't use her copter for the fear that the strong winds her copter would emit and could cause the Mayor's platform to crumble upon her feet. "Think Skye, think!" She thought herself as she scans her surroundings; spotting a long vine that hangs like a garland during Christmas eve, she snatched it and tossed the other end to the Mayor "Tie yourself with it and we'll pull you out, just hang on" [i actually have no idea if this is possible (Tarzan vines) via real physics] Skye then landed beside Chase and both of them picked up the other end and pulled the Mayor up with all their strength [now just pretend the vines won't snap off bc of their sharp teeth : )]

          "Oh be careful up there you two" the Mayor remarks "I've heard a few wolves up there" her voice quivers while she said that. The Cockapoo, realizing that wolves might show up right now, crept to her mind and scares her. Then again, like the world has jinxed them again, the howling of wolves were heard, and it doesn't seem far away from them. She hypothesized the reason why the wolves were near, was because they've sensed someone who would qualify as their dinner tonight. Them! Below, the Mayor's voice clearly indicates that her fears are growing from the two variables that are both occurring now - the wolves and the height. The only option right now is to act quick and hide from them.

Awroo~

          The two of them looked to the back and had found themselves a pack of wolves in their area. Chase had let go of the vine shortly and fell to the ground; Mayor Goodway remained silent, but her heart's definitely pounding in there; Skye stood beside Chase with an almost the same expression as he wore. The German Shepherd looked deeply into the eyes of the wolves and found something deep within those lemon-hued eyes. Lust for their flesh.

          "Argh. . . What's taking her so long?" Young Chase tossed himself due to the floating anticipation that circles around him. He's supposed to be asleep by now and waiting for Solar to arrive. But the feeling of her not beside him just bugs him greatly, that he couldn't sleep peacefully from the buzzing thoughts that flurry him awake. Just as he was about to settle to sleep, he heard twigs snapping into two pieces and dry leaves being crushed to much more. A ragged breathing were heard not too far away from where he is, and the sounds kept getting much louder. Finally paying attention to it, he raised his pointy ears to listen. He found one of Solar's friend running to him, before he could ask what he was doing, his fellow species yelled "YOU GOTTA RUN! THEY'RE ON A KILLING RAMPAGE!".

          "W-what?!" he stammered, obviously not ready to hear him say that. It's in the middle of the night, and he's not supposed to worry whatever that thing is, sleep is supposed to be on his mind, not to mention, he's supposed to be on a train off to dreamland by now! Solar's friend, clearly frustrated at him not getting what he meant, groans and explains "After your sister was killed last night by confronting them. THEY RAGED! AND AS REVENGE FOR WASTING THEIR TIME AND A DISRESPECTFUL APPROACH, THEY'RE ON FOR A KILLING RAMPAGE!" His heart shattered to a million pieces and his eyes fell to the floor. "No way she's dead, right? This nust be some sick joke" is what Chase thought, and before he could prove this wrong, distant howls were heard and they don't sound so happy tonight. "RUN CHASE! RUN!!" He yelled as he looks at the poor young pup who clearly has no idea what in the world is happening. He threw Chase ahead to give him a head start out of the forest, he of course ran as well for his safety, but tripped and became one of those obstacle to slow the savages down to have a lower chance of getting a claw on Chase.

          "Awroo~" they howled as one continued to ran after Chase. The German Shepherd fled away from it for its dear life, and his trip made it very advantageous to the hungry wolf that drew near him.

          "W-what was. . . That I saw?"Chase tripped and fell to the ground as his eyes lingered onto the daunting eyes of the wolves. He was helpless and he couldn't life a muscle at the sight of them. Pounce on them? He can't even move. Bark at them? He lost his voice. Plot something? He lost his mind. But something caught his eyes and found something dashing in the corner of his eyes, he looked up and found Skye flying and were purposely hitting the branches. All fell to the ground and the wolves were shaken by this. The wolves barked in fear, unable to draw nearer to their prey. Seems that Skye's doing well, but Chase could clearly see she's not. "Skye! Stop!!" He yelled, but she did not listen, instead, she continued to dash branches in hope that it'll fall.

Crack

          One thick branch fell to the ground and made a loud and solid thud that had surely scared the wolves away. "Skye!!" He yells her name, as he made a dash for her to catch the falling Cockapoo. She was screaming and very much concious, but she has no power to stop herself from hitting the ground due to her jetpack being broken "Caught you" he breathed out of relief, as he felt her land on his back. Chase shortly examined her after she fell, then he found a few splinters piercing through her flesh, a few scratches and tree-barks that dusted her fur, she was undoubtedly bruised in some spots since every pressure she puts on certain parts, the pain immediately stings her; she was a complete mess from the looks of it.

"Why'd you do that?!"

This Chapter is
Dedicated to:

My Beloved Grandma.

"It's hard to forget someone
who gave you so much
to remember."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 548 39
Includes, action and romance. Have a guess which pups the romance is about? You guessed it! Chase and Skye, well mostly. 😅 When the pups take a...
72.7K 916 18
If you have watched the show, you might know about the episode called "Pups Save Skye." This is a story that is somewhat like that episode but instea...
14.3K 154 8
While on his birthday, the Paw Patrol decide to send Marshall away on a cruise with Everest for a vacation. However, things turn for the worst when t...
9.1K 162 10
Life could be so happy with friends Well that's what one pup thought in particular Marshall enjoyed beings with his friends but what will he do the o...