Their Astronomer

By cem-dr

Anoki Heishi, a fighter, astronomer, and Luffy's first mate. More

INFORMATION
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 19

5.2K 179 33
By cem-dr

The silence that rang in the air after Vivi said the warlord's name was heavy and charged with energy. Anoki knew the man, not personally, but she was kept up to date with the world's affairs and potential threats to the crew later. Crocodile, one of the seven warlords of the sea was a man who ate the suna suna fruit which allowed his body to become sand. It wasn't difficult for the first-mate to find out the man's weakness. Anoki knew that if she were to spit on the man, he could technically be counted as vulnerable to an attack. 

And if this man was going to attack the crew, she was definitely going to spit on him. 

The caw of a vulture pulled Anoki from her thoughts and she turned her head slightly to the side and watched as an otter and a vulture (dressed in little outfits that made Anoki turn to mush on the inside) quickly scribble on pieces of paper. Vivi let out a startled gasp at the sight of the two animals and was quick to stand to her feet and press her fingers against her chin. 

"What? What are they doing!?" Nami nearly screamed out as she took fast steps towards Vivi. The blue haired princess whimpered, her lower lip trembling with tears pricking in the corner of her eyes, her amber colored orbs never leaving the two animals who continued to stare back.  

"T-those two are scouting agents for baroque works...they track down people who give away the bosses name and then whoever exposed him gets tracked down all over the Grand Line until exterminated!" The vulture cawed ominously after Vivi finished and flapped its wings as if mocking the group. Nami turned around to face everyone, her face pale and her lips twitching as she forced a smile on her face. 

"Well did you guys hear that? I think it's time for us to leave this island now. No more interruptions, we are out of this place," Nami nervously rushed out then spun around on her heels and walked quickly out of the alleyway. Her escape plan was quickly shot down when the two animals stood a few feet in front of the short-haired navigator with sketches of the crew filling the yellowed paper they held in their beak and paws. Nami clutched at her scalp and screamed. 

"WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!"

______________________________________________________________

Anoki hummed softly as she rubbed Nami's upper back soothingly. The navigator was leaning against the first-mate, her head buried into her exposed collarbones. Nami kept muttering to herself and the blue haired princess has yet to stop apologizing and crying. 

"Don't worry princess, I won't let Crocodile hurt you or my crew-mates." Anoki smiled in her direction, causing Vivi's eyes to widen and a dusting of pink to cover her tan cheeks. She stammered out a bashful thanks, oblivious to Luffy, Nami, and Zoro's  soft glare. Nami squeezed Anoki a little tighter before releasing the tall woman. 

"PRINCESS VIVI! PRINCESS VIVI!" The Mayor who turned out to be Vivi's servant shouted. The man slowed to a stop in front of everyone and clutched at his knees, trying to catch his breath. 

"Igaram!" Vivi gasped out, her eyes wide with surprise at the sight of the man. He wore a dress and makeup on his face. It looked atrocious but Anoki decided to support this outcome anyways. 

Anoki never judged on appearances. She's chill like that. 

"I have a plan princess," Igaram loudly whispered, "I'll pose as you and have dolls of your new friends and make it seem like they are taking you away; but you'll actually be with them so you can get to your father." Vivi pleasantly beamed at her friend and nodded her head. 

"Pose as her? He doesn't look anything like her..." Zoro murmured to himself, a confused glare prominent on his face. 

__________________________________________________

Anoki stood back with Zoro and watched as the others waved Igaram off for his journey. Her single dark blue eye shifted over to Zoro and snickered at the sight of his face twisted up in absolute confusion. 

"What's the matter?" Anoki questioned out, her voice snapping his attention towards her. Zoro's eyebrows furrowed in such a desperate and confused expression Anoki had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep from laughing. 

"How is his plan even going to work? I mean the difference between those two is huge. If I were Crocodile or the Baroque Works agents, I wouldn't even bother with this fool," Zoro explained. His shoulders were tight with tension and it was easy to see that this situation was somewhat frustrating for him. Anoki could understand his tension. If Igaram's plan were to fail, Crocodile and the Baroque Work agents would know where to ambush the crew. It's obvious that the Warlord most likely knew that they had the princess with them because of Mr. 5 and Ms. Valentine, the two animals as well. Where else would they take the princess other than her home island of Alabasta. 

Anoki huffed a frustrated sigh of her own, ignoring the way Zoro's eyes became disheartened at the sound. "Think of it this way: the plan is obviously going to fail because of Crocodile and the agents who are higher up aren't complete morons. The higher up agents, or the numbered ones, all are ranked by their effectiveness, most likely in combat. If Igaram can at least stall the Baroque Works agents, we will have time to get the princess safely to her home country without many problems," Anoki reasoned, her head leaning against the concrete wall behind her. Zoro hummed in thought and before he could ask his first mate another question, the loud sound of an explosion filled the air. 

Anoki rushed forward and took a protective stance in front of Vivi and Nami, Shi already in her hands and waiting to strike. Vivi's loud gasp made Anoki's heart clench. 

Vivi had her hands covering her mouth to cover up the sounds of her rapid breaths and escaping sobs. Tears poured from her eyes and made her eyesight blurry. Nami's scream for everyone to get moving and out of there shook the princess out of her panicking thoughts, but she couldn't move. Her brain kept repeating how the man who helped her grow up to be who she is know is dead. The man who desperately wanted to help her save their county just got completely destroyed in front of her eyes. Calloused hands on her shoulders brought the princess back to the present and she snapped her head to look beside her. 

Anoki had a hard look in her eye as she stared down the princess. She tightened her hold and dragged one of her hands down Vivi's arm to clutch at her hand. Anoki gave her a reassuring squeeze, her dark eye never leaving Vivi's amber ones. 

"Come with us princess to the ship. We need to keep you safe and get you out of here," Anoki's voice was urgent but not harsh. Vivi gave the first-mate a weak nod, but that was all Anoki needed. Shi dissipated into black shard like particles that went back into Anoki's chest and Anoki swept the princess into a bridal style hold and started to run down the stone road. Vivi yelped and threw her thin arms around Anoki's neck and pushed her pink tinted cheek into the tall woman's shoulder. Anoki's tight hold on her minimized the way her body would have jolted with each powerful step. 

"Zoro! Luffy! Go get Ussop and Sanji, we need to get out of here as soon as possible," Anoki ordered out. She didn't need to turn around to see the both of them nod in acceptance, she knew they wouldn't argue with her command. Anoki kept her pace with Nami's, she wouldn't allow any harm to come to either of the women with her. 

The Going Merry eventually came into view and Nami let out a sound of relief and forced her legs to pump faster. Anoki slowed down and allowed Vivi to slide out of her grasp in front of the ship, ignoring the way the princess allowed her fingers to slid across her forearm. 

"Wait! We have to go back, I can't leave Karoo, he's my friend!" Vivi all but sobbed out, her eyebrows furrowed and teeth clenched tightly at the stressful situation. Anoki watched with a blank eye as the blue haired princess dwindled to the edge of a complete mental break down over a duck who was leaning over the railing of the Going Merry to watch his blue haired friend. 

"Be quiet! He's right there, now hurry up and get on because we don't have a lot of time left," Nami shouted, her nerves starting to get the better of her. Zoro and Luffy were quick to arrive with the rest of the crew slung over their shoulders like sacks of potatoes. The dropped them harshly onto the floor without a care and rushed off to unfurl the sails so they could make a quick escape. Anoki stood at the bottom of the stair case and listened as Ussop and Sanji started complaining at leaving so early. Anoki clicked her tongue and pinched the bridge of her nose in complete frustration. 

"Nami-chan...? Why are we leaving so soon? This island is a complete paradise, full of gorgeous women, strong drink, and lots of food!" Sanji whined out, his crestfallen face turning sly with a blush spreading across his cheeks. "Don't tell me you were jealous Nami-chan? It's okay my love, you and Anoki are the only ones truly in my heart!" Sanji yelled out but then screamed loudly when Nami's fist struck across his face. 

"Shut up! As if I would be jealous over anything you do! We have a serious situation right now so we need to leave ASAP, now stop complaining and start helping!!" Nami's scream rang out across the deck, along with the sounds of her fists hitting their targets. 

_____________________________________________________________

It was now around nine in the morning when the crew all gathered on the deck. Whiskey Peak was miles behind them and everyone was exhausted. Nami stayed awake to navigate where they were going and Zoro and Anoki refused to sleep, keeping guard all night. 

"All right everyone, this is the situation....." Anoki drowned out the sound of Nami's voice and focused on the feeling of another person on the ship. Anoki could tell they weren't a friend, but they weren't hostile, for now at least. Anoki whipped out one of her daggers and spun on her heels to face the intruder. Nami stopped talking at the sight of Anoki suddenly getting ready to attack, but nearly screamed at the sight in front of her. 

A woman with long black hair was sitting on the railing of the Going Merry's upper deck, her legs crossed and wearing a revealing outfit. Her white cowboy hat shadowed her eyes, but when she looked up to stare the crew down, her captivating blue eyes struck Anoki's interest. Her outfit screamed out insulting words toward the woman, but her eyes showed Anoki just how intelligent she actually was. 

Zoro thumbed the hilt of his sword before unsheathing one and lunging towards the woman. Hands sprouted all around Zoro's body and locked down onto him, keeping him in place. Zoro grunted out in surprise and frustration at not being able to move. 

Anoki didn't even get a chance to move before hands sprouted across her body too. They moved her wrists together then held them together. Another hand sprouted on her shoulder and moved towards her face. Fingers gently cupped her chin and turned her face towards the intruder while another hand trailed across her cheek. 

"Oh my," the woman purred while staring at Anoki's face. "How beautiful you are. Such strong facial features and such a strong looking body; makes me excited," the woman giggled out an continued her actions. Anoki's cheeks turned a light red and clenched her eye tight, she felt so embarrassed and humiliated. 

"STOP THAT!" Luffy screamed out and tried to charge at the woman but she easily wrapped hands around Luffy as well. Her hands stole his straw hat and she tossed it up to her self. 

"Now now calm down Straw Hat Luffy, let me admire your first-mate. It's not everyday you see such an attractive woman such as her. Now Anoki Heishi, tell me, are what they say really true? Did you actually kill those marine men on that war ship you were on?" the woman asked out. Her tone was mocking but the look in her eyes said morbid curiosity. Anoki bristled at the question and snarled at the woman like a feral animal. A hand trailed down to her throat and gave a warning squeeze, causing the crew and Vivi to let out startled cries. 

"Oh dear, where are your manners darling? You shouldn't growl at your guests," the woman purred. The hand let go of Anoki's throat and traveled lower towards her collarbones. Anoki let out a startled breath at the woman's actions and wanted to cry when Sanji clutched at his nose with a heavy nosebleed. 

"STOP TOUCHING HER LIKE THAT! CAN'T YOU SEE HOW UNCOMFORTABLE SHE IS!?" Luffy screamed out. "AND GIVE ME MY HAT BACK!"

The woman chuckled and toyed with the straw hat in her hands before tossing it in front of Luffy, who was quick to snatch his treasure back up. 

"The next island you go to before Alabasta isn't the one you want to go to. It would really...hold up your plans on helping the princess." The dark haired woman chuckled and tossed a eternal log pose at Luffy. The glass object landed in his palm and he stared at the object with a fire blazing in his dark eyes. 

"That's an eternal log pose to Alabasta!" Vivi pointed out, looking at the object with such desperation in her eyes. 

"The island you were destined to go to was an island called Little Garden. You and your crew would never make it in time to save Alabasta if I didn't give you guys that log pose," the woman pointed out. Luffy's face twisted up into a snarl as he glared up at the intelligent woman. 

"YOU DON'T GET TO DECIDE WHERE WE GO!" and with that, Luffy threw the eternal log pose at the ground and everyone watched in a heated silence as the precious object smashed to pieces.  Nami screamed out in disbelief and shock at Luffy's actions.The woman's eyes widened in surprise before shifting into a sly, narrow cat-eyed look. 

"Alright then...I guess I'll take my leave then," she spoke out and disappeared into a burst of flower petals. The Going Merry  tipped to the side as a large turtle who was wearing a matching hat emerged from the water next to the ship. Everyone watched as the woman appeared on the turtle and turned to face the crew again. 

"I hope you manage to make it in time to Alabasta, Straw Hat crew. It was nice meeting you, Anoki Heishi," and with that, the woman and the turtle disappeared from sight. 

-

-

Anoki let out a sigh of relief and brought a calloused hand up to her forehead. 

"What a tricky devil fruit," Anoki murmured under her breath, gliding her fingers through her black-blue locks. Luffy whipped his head in her direction and let out a cry of relief and flung his body towards his first-mate. 

"Anoki! That made me so worried, I don't want anyone to ever touch you like that again," Luffy sobbed and buried his head into Anoki's chest. His arms snaked around her body multiple times and stopped to clutch at the sleeves of her shirt. Anoki sighed and ran her fingers through his ebony locks. 

"It caught me so off guard I wasn't able to notice the hands on me until it was too late. But next time I won't let her startle me into submission," Anoki huffed and brought two of her fingers underneath Luffy's chin to guide his gaze into her face. 

"Don't worry about me captain, that won't happen again, I promise," Anoki flashed him a soft smile that turned Luffy into a giggly blushing mess of mush. The boy practically melted in her arms, so Anoki just let him drop with a resounded thud and walked towards the kitchen, smiling to herself as she heard her captain bragging to the rest that she smiled at him. 

_______________________________________________________

Anoki dug around through the cabinets until her fingers danced across the neck of the bottle that she oh so needed. 

The cheap but powerful whiskey always made her feel better when trauma from her past is brought up. I mean, it's not like she wanted to remember what she did as a child and the possible families she ruined from her actions. 

But that's all in the past, and she didn't want to think about that. She didn't want to think about that at all. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.6K 1.4K 29
Y/n joins Luffy's crew. She has devil fruit powers. Who will she become close to? What happens when she falls in love with more than one person? Will...
57.1K 1K 43
Have you ever wanted to enter the one piece world? Maybe you want to be friends with the strawhats, or the heart pirates? Perhaps you'd rather be dat...
213K 8.3K 70
(Y/n) a Marine turned into a pirate. The female has no direction in life, It's like a game to her, There are no wrong choices only different paths to...
23.3K 523 16
The Straw Hat Pirates, after defeating Doflamingo, depart from their new found friends and make their way back into the New World. They end up on a s...