Ride Or Die | Book #1 ✓

By AshleyT7

"Get away from me Gunner." I started to walk away, dismissing Pierce and anything that came out of his smug l... More

Summary, Description, Cast
Cast 2: The Gunner's
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - Prom
Bonus Chapter - Graduation
REBELLIOUS RIDE - BOOK #2 POSTED

Chapter 8

9.9K 245 157
By AshleyT7

School dreaded as always, my anxiety was at an all time high after the text Pierce had sent me in the morning. I didn't want to be anywhere near him, I didn't like that he didn't have limits or empathy and made me question if he was a sociopath.

The words Tucker had said to me this morning had kept repeating over and over in my head. Why would he want to help me? And telling me to stand up for myself sounded easier than done, and wouldn't it just piss him off more.

The bell had rang, and everyone started to rush out of school. It was chilly, but not freezing even in December. I paced my walking, trying to avoid Pierce at all cost and maybe get lost in the crowd. Walking down the main staircase of the school, buses surrounded the school and I looked around for Pierce's black challenger but was not in my sight. Taking a deep breath, I figured he just decided to not and I could take the bus home.

Headed towards my bus I was stopped when a hand grabbed a hold of my bicep very tightly. Closing my eyes for a second, I thought of ways to get out of this.

Maybe just scream and hope for the best?

"Where do you think you're going." Pierce narrowed his eyes to mine. Our height difference was only four or five inches but he made me feel small anyways with how over dominating he was. "I thought I told you that you were coming with me, and last time I checked I didn't drive a bus."

I was going to make up some lame excuse, but then remembered what Tucker had said to me earlier and it was worth a shot. I just had to show Pierce I was not scared of him and he couldn't walk all over me with the fear he had over me.

"And last time I CHECKED, I don't take orders from you." I tested back at him, batting my eyelashes. His face looked like he had one thing on his mind, and it was nothing more than to just kill me.

"Don't start Ambrosia. What did I say earlier?" He reminded me of his threats from the car ride this morning "Now go get your ass in the car."

"And what if I don't?" I ripped my bicep out of grip that was tightening by the second, I was shocked I hadn't lost blood circulation. Acting like Pierce didn't scare me was harder than you would think. Pierce most definitely did scare me, and was my nightmare fuel.

"Get in the car." He repeated, narrowing his eyes directly to mine and giving me a warning look. I didn't move and stayed still. He soon grabbed my bicep tighter again and started to forcefully walk me towards the car. His grip tightened, and all eyes of other students walking by fell on us. We walked over to the challenger, where the rest of the gang stood outside their cars.

"Still playing babysitter?" Cypress teased, Pierce shooting him a glare. I looked over at Juniper and Triston, hoping they'd do something and suddenly regret not befriending Juniper as she seems to be the only with a slight bit of empathy and a brain for that matter. Pierce opened the passenger seat, shoving me in before slamming the door shut. I jumped in me seat slightly at the loudness.

"You taking her to the meeting?" I heard Mars ask, but his words were mumbled from the sound barrier that the window was creating. "Yeah." Pierce replied "Xander will have my ass on a stick if I don't. But we have to make a few stops first."

"Why does SHE have to go to the meeting?" Mercury interrupted "Let's face it, she's going to be killed anyways so why are we even recruiting her. The girl could throw on a decent pair of heels."

"You are so superficial Mercury." Triston rolled her eyes before turning to Pierce "But you are going to have to fix that before Archer starts flipping shit over being out of uniform."

"I know." Pierce said, before turning to Juniper "Can you grab shit for her?"

"For who?" Juniper asked, bouncing on her heels and Pierce gave her a confused expression. Her face fell from her cheery smile to stern "She has a name Pierce."

"Whatever." Pierce shrugged her off, before they said a few last words that I couldn't exactly make out. Pierce walked around the back of the car before getting in the drivers side. I debated whether I should ask what they were talking about but decided against it. Pierce changed the gears before reversing out and taking it off.

The car ride was quiet, I didn't talk and neither did he. Which is how it should be, as Pierce and I do mix well or go together. I'm starting to believe this all a fever dream and no one can actually be that big of a dick.

I stared out the window, avoiding looking over to Pierce. Knowing he'd call me out for even looking at him the wrong way. My phone started to vibrate in my hand, only to see it had been my dad calling me.

"Hey dad." I smiled to myself when I answered, and immediately got a look from Pierce that said What-The-Hell-Are-You-Doing.

"Hey honey!" My dad chirped through the phone "How is everything? I just wanted to call and check in and make sure Aster is keeping you out of trouble and taking care of my baby. And how school is going, make any friends?"

Oh yeah he's sure keeping me out of trouble alright if that means agreeing to put me in a gang.

Pierce's eyes kept glancing from the road to me, I covered the speaker giving him a 'What' look before he demanded "What are you doing? Get off the phone!"

"Who's that sweetie?" I heard my dad's voice say through the phone. "Oh." I put the phone back up to my ear "It's just my friend Pierce. He's just giving me a ride home so I didn't have to take the bus."

"I'm so glad to hear you've made friends Aspen, I know this move was tough for you. But I hope this boy is just a friend and nothing else, no funny business. I mean I know since your mom died you never really had the talk, but I just want you to know if you choose to have sex please-"

"Dad! Dad! Dad!" I stopped him, my face going bright red "Gross, stop! Please I don't need this right now, and he is really just a friend. I've had a boyfriend before too." I glanced over to Pierce to see if he had hear, and by the smirk that was blared across his face I can assure he did.

"Look dad, can I call you back later I'm a bit busy right now?" I asked, and he agreed. We bid our goodbyes then hung up. I internally groaned, throwing my head back to the seat and trying to get rid of the redness that had appeared on my face.

"Your dad likes to jump the gun, huh?" Pierce smirked over at me, and I let out a sigh of embarrassment.

"Are you a virgin?"

Taken back, my head shot over to his direction "E-excuse me?" I stuttered, making him repeat the question.

"Why is that any of your business?" I asked back in a tone, making him let out a low chuckle from his lips "So you are." He determined.

"No. I'm not, not that it is any of your business." I snapped, wanting nothing more to just jump out of this car and forget that any of this had ever happened. Pierce rolled his eyes, before turning down what seemed to be an alley way where a man at the end waited. From what I could see was just his face covered in tattoo's.

Pierce parked the car before getting out of it. "W-what? Where are you going?" I started, but was soon stopped when Pierce slammed the driver side door on me. I couldn't help but the panic come over me as an alley way never went well in most sense of things.

I clutched my phone in my hand, ready to call 911 at any moment as I watched Pierce calmly walk up the guy. They exchanged a few words, but nothing I could hear from being in the car. Pierce soon pulled out a wad of cash and the guy pulled out a variety of small bags.

I could not seriously be witnessing a drug deal.. I mean don't people have to testify for this shit?

Pierce took the bags, packing them into his leather jacket and turning back towards the car. I was internally freaking out inside. This is highly illegal and I didn't want my criminal record to start now. He finally reached the car, getting in the drivers side and backing out quickly.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I asked dumbfounded, making Pierce give me a confused look. Is this boy seriously going to sit here and act like what he just did was normal? "Don't give me that look! You just did something so illegal, I swear to god I am not testifying in court for you-"

"So you babble when you're nervous." Pierce chuckled slightly "Look Ambrosia I don't know if you know what kind of business we are and what kind of bullshit that Juniper fed you about being a family, but we haven work to do. You better toughen up or you're not making it in this. Welcome to the real world sweetheart."

"No, no, no." I shook my head "THIS! This is not the real world. This is how you get yourself arrested or killed. I don't know what kind of sicko's you guys are but I want nothing to be part of this 'real world.'"

"Let me out of this car." I demanded but my demand was followed by Pierce's ignorant silence. "LET ME OUT!" I shouted, trying to get my point across clearer.

Pierce slammed on then brakes, making my body jolt from my seat to the dashboard and I all the sudden understand why they make 'Oh shit handles'. Pierce snapped his head over me, his glare boring into me.

"Listen here, I am not doing this shit. You are not 6, and frankly I'm not going to play babysitter all day and everyday. You've witnessed and now know about some highly classified information such as RSP and other gang brutality. You can get out of this car right now and walk away, but I'll say I warned you when I tell you there are people after you and know you're in New York. Especially now that you know certain information."

Pressing my lip in a thin line, I fell back into my seat staying silent at what Pierce just spewed at me. He put the car back in drive and continued to speed off, and the rest of the car ride was filled with awkward silence. I was sort of thankful for that because I didn't have deal with Pierce's condescending tone, but the other part of me was being killed by the questions in my head.

We soon came to the abandoned old factory building. It looked like it was condemned and I wonder why anyone would step foot in it. Some of the windows had been shattered along with the obvious rust on the exterior of the building.

"What is this place?" I asked, not sure if I really wanted to know the answer seeing as any place I'm taken to by Pierce screams danger all over it. Not answering my question, he quickly put the car in park before getting out and heading towards the front door.

I unbuckled my seat belt, knowing if I didn't follow behind Pierce would throw one of his hissy fits. We approached the building and an overwhelming feeling of dread came over. I prayed in my head that I wasn't about to be part of some shoot out or worldwide drug deal. The inside was a lot nicer than the outside, even though it had still been run down.

Examining my surroundings I mentally made an escape plan, expecting the absolute worst to happen. Voice's chattered up above, and Pierce headed up the staircase. As we entered the second floor I saw the entire gang there.

"Pierce." Archer said harsh "You're late." Pierce threw down a stack of cash on the coffee table that was surrounded by couches.

"I think you can forgive me." Pierce glared at him before sitting down on the couch next to Greyson. Archer picked up the cash and counted it, before clearing his throat "Right..Well let's start the meeting."

I stood their uncomfortably, tugging at the ends of my jean jacket. I didn't know 'gangs' had meetings, what is this a business conference?

"First order of business. Cypress and Pierce how is the deals going?" Archer nodded towards the both of them. "Well with RPS going to shit we're getting as many deals as we can. Mostly on the crackhead locals and the underage kids trying to get at whatever weed they can."

"How much are you charging?" Archer asked. "$20 a gram." Pierce stated "But stupid freshman will pay anything for that shit."

"Up it to $30." Archer demanded. "$30 for a gram?" Phoenix spoke up "What a rip off, no idiot is going to pay that."

"Well try it. More money brought in is going to help us in the betting for the racing." Archer continued "Now about the racing. Theo, Tyson, and I have been going over routes for this Friday's race. This race has a lot of money on it, we're betting five grand. I'm putting Xander with Phoenix, Theo with Juniper, Pierce with Aspen."

"WHAT?!" Mercury shot up "You're putting Aspen in the race with five grand on the line?! She's never even raced before! Archer you know I should be in this Friday, not that wannabe newbie."

"Excuse me?" I interrupted, walking towards Mercury "Wannabe newbie? Correct me if I'm wrong but I was kidnapped and practically thrown into this against my will for my 'protection' that everyone's talking about but no one wants to explain to me. I don't even want to race, and I do not want to be here. But you can sit that snob of ass down if you want to come at me."

Everyone stayed silent for a few seconds before Juniper and Triston pulled Mercury and I away from each other. "Aspen-" Xander began "We race every week, drag race. Races we bet on cannot be lost and we want you to ride with Pierce so you know how they are for future reference."

"You want me..to get in the car...with Pierce..going how fast?" I trailed off in shock, knowing how Pierce drives when there isn't five thousand dollars on the line.

"What Ambrosia?" Pierce stretched his arms to the back of the couch "Don't like my driving?"

"No!" I exclaimed as if that was even a question. "Aspen I know it can be a lot but you'll be ok." Sawyer spoke up "Pierce is actually a really good driver, all's you do is sit in the passenger seat and make sure the route is clear and communicate with us. We all do it."

"But I don't want any part of this." I stated in distress, running a hand through my hair "I don't want to be any part of this gang or whatever. I want to be like normal teenagers and go to the mall after school not to a drug deal and go to football games on Friday nights not drag races."

Juniper sighed, and took my hands in hers and gave me a small smile "Aspen I know this can be..a lot. But it is for your own good and you will realize that in time. Even your brother knows this is a good idea for you, being exposed to a gang and not being in it- well that only calls for trouble."

"There's no time to waste." Xander began, "Now the next order of business is the girl. How are orders looking for this week?"

"Tucker and I were talking." Triston began "We think for the safety of Juniper, Sawyer, and I we should have another bouncer. More than just one for the strip club considering there is three of us and with what happened last week with Sawyer getting almost attacked-"

"Right." Phoenix agreed "Maybe we should get are personal body guards, like the other girls."

"All you guys do is strip." Greyson said bitterly towards Phoenix "It's not like you guys are pimping that's why we have our own 'personal body guards' till you have sex with the creepy old guys let's remember your place."

Juniper mumbled something under her breath followed by rolling of the eyes. "No I think Phoenix could be right." Xander stated "Theo and Tyson will be assigned with you girls to work alongside of Tucker."

"What in the hell is going on?" I was confused to say the least "Stripping? Pimp? Assign?" The questions ran my head for miles. What was this truly about? Was any of this stuff even legal?

"Ok guys seriously just explain everything to her so she's not so lost. Way to really clarify shit Pierce." Harley sent her younger brother a glare.

"Gangs biggest production of money is through three different categories. Drug deals, one of the most known. It's all about playing your cards right and knowing the people of your area and knowing what the high demand is..one day it could be weed the next it could be cocaine. The more you buy in bulk the better. The more you buy the less competition can buy which means you can raise your prices. Pierce and Cypress run the deals." Archer explained.

"Second category is obviously street racing or drag racing. Bets are high and competition is intense. Rules are always attend races near you never out of state, you have a disadvantage of not knowing the routes and how to split if the cops are near. Advantage is always key. Myself, Theo, and Tyson are the organizers for the races. Everyone here is a driver, we switch them out so rivals can not record our patterns."

"And the third." Xander took Archer's place in speaking "Selling of our girls. Pimping and Stripping. There's a club we have a big share in the city about 20 minutes away called The Lily. It's a strip club, big with the locals. Juniper, Triston, and Sawyer are our dancers. The money they collect goes 70-30. The girls keep all 70% they gain and the 30% goes towards the gang. Tucker and now Tyson and Theo are the bouncer's. Protecting the girls and making sure no guys lay a hand on them. Then there's prostitution, very big industry. It's as simple as it sounds, men make an order and request what they want, we always meet in a public location like a hotel. The guys protect the girls, basically like pimps. Cypress with Mercury, Archer with Harley, Me with Phoenix, and Pierce with Greyson."

"P-prostitution?" I stuttered, completely taken back at the information I was just given "You have got to be kidding me. You cannot be serious! You get paid for them to have sex with guys!? Probably very creepy old men if I may not add because that's mainly who the market is towards. The drug dealing and drag racing was bad enough, but this?! This is so illegal- I don't even know where to begin."

"What is someone scared their innocence's is going to get crushed?" Mercury gave me a fake pout in response in my freak out.

"Mercury." Juniper glared "Aspen it's really not as all bad as you think. I know I keep saying it and it doesn't seem believable but we all did agree to our jobs. Most of our parents families have been doing this for generations, we are always safe."

"Right.." I trailed off, looking at Pierce and crossing my arms "I want to go home. Now."

Pierce stood up from the couch, walking close to me and towering over me. His peppermint breath haltered onto me "You sure about that?"

"Yes."

Pierce shot Xander and Archer a look, asking permission for us to leave and they both nodded in agreement. Pierce walked in front of me, and already began to head down the stairs to reach the outside. I stood their for a moment, while everyone's eyes stayed on me but silence filled the air.

"For your protection" are the words that kept repeating in my head. I thought about everything Aster had explained to me with his entire gang being murdered and the brutal reality of this world that goes on behind closed doors. I fought with myself internally back and forth, fighting myself as to what the right decision was for tomorrow.

It was times like this I wonder what my life would've been like if my mom never died in that motorcycle accident a couple years ago. How normal my life would've been, both parents still alive and married. Still living in Seattle, and Aster never moving away. I wish they could just tell me what to do, but my mom's gone and my dad's how far away.

Aster wouldn't agree to you being in the Crestmont gang if it wasn't for your own good and there truly was something to be protected from.

Shut up! No don't think that.

But maybe I was right, for Aster to agree to let the Crestmont gang; his biggest rivals recruit me and let Pierce Gunner watch over me after personally beating me to a bloody pulp. My gut was telling me to stop fighting it and join, but my brain was telling me no I needed to stay out of it.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I stated, making my decision clear and walking out.

I exited the warehouse, and saw Pierce sitting in his all black challenger. I took a deep breath in and realized that this was my new life, and if I was going to be apart of it I wasn't going to go down without a fight.

I guess it really is Ride Or Die.

* * * * * *
A://N I hope you guys like this chapter it's a little bit of a longer one.

This chapter is dedicated to Fsosbyatchperiodt

What do you guys think now that you know more about the gang and how their operating system works?

What do you think about Aspen finally giving in and what that may lead to her?

Any idea what's going to happen at the race?

Don't forget to comment and vote!

~ Ash

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 1.1K 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ October 27, 2020 Ended ~ January 30, 2021 ~ Started editing ~ March 11, 2021 End Editing ~ April 27, 2021 ****...
425K 14.4K 55
"I know what you're doing," I said, pointing my spoon at him and he cocked a curious eyebrow, "Is that so?" I nodded as I spooned more pudding int...
8.6K 393 16
He grunted as he grabbed my arm again and made me face him, but he didn't say anything. My anger was mounting and this was as private as it was going...
391K 7.4K 44
***Completed*** *Mature Content Warning* TW: Car accident, Depression, sexual content His touch made me shiver as I couldn't take my eyes off of his...